.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Entertainment (Read Only) => Games => Topic started by: Deathie on April 30, 2012, 10:33:20 PM

Title: DayZ - a Zombie Survival modification for Arma 2
Post by: Deathie on April 30, 2012, 10:33:20 PM
DayZ - The Survivors (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Q8c8jnL3s#ws)

Welcome to Chernarus. A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease.

Go Solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.

This is Day Z - This is your story.

Some of you /v/ and /vg/ fags might have heard of this already. DayZ is an open world, player driven mod for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. The closest comparison I can think of, in terms of gameplay, is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. You get hungry, thirsty, can bleed, break bones, and you find better gear and items by looting houses and buildings throughout the entire map.

I've been playing the mod for the last four days or so, and got the game (<3 gamefreak) exclusively FOR the mod. I managed to convince a few people I know to buy the game too, and I know they've been enjoying it as well.

Let me start off by explaining all the major features of the game.

World
Vehicles
Zombies
Inventory/Items
Karma/Humanity System
Servers

If you plan to get the mod, here are some simple installation instructions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm hoping this thread can be used to arrange group ups and shit. We already have about four people from RND playing this. It really couldn't hurt to have more.

Maybe we can actually get a camp set up somewhere with enough people.
Title: Re: DayZ - a Zombie Survival modification for Arma 2
Post by: Ἆxule on April 30, 2012, 10:37:57 PM
Was waiting for you post this up, lol!
Post by: Rocket50 on April 30, 2012, 10:53:26 PM
fuck yes.
Post by: Deathie on April 30, 2012, 10:58:11 PM

I was extremely lazy, and having too much fun in-game to take the time to make it. Heh.

So far, the only people in RND to buy this solely for the mod are Me, Axule, Franklin, and Juan.

If we can start a band of 6-ish people, we could probably start securing permanent housing up in the north, granted we can organize ourselves enough.

Also, here's a map of the world.

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-chernarus/map-of-chernarus_en.html (http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-chernarus/map-of-chernarus_en.html)

This could also be a "post your story thread" considering you could write a book on your adventures here.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on April 30, 2012, 11:14:40 PM
XD so was i....
Anyway, i was planning on making a video tutorial for my Youtube but got sidetracked by the game xD...
Tomorrow i might do it, also if we can get (like snivy said) 6 people i think i can make lets plays or something because this game is SOOO freaking amazing, also its in Alpha so we are very excited for the upcoming updates..
Post by: Bovicide on April 30, 2012, 11:15:50 PM
If you get too attached to your stuff beware, you face:

(http://filesmelt.com/dl/1332043064001.png)

RIGHT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT
Post by: Ἆxule on April 30, 2012, 11:16:14 PM
Let me give this:

After I got the mechanics of the game down and such, I started to head father in the mainland. I've only ever gone farther in solo because Snivy and the others always were to far from me to bother.
My tactic was to follow a road heading north and hit a few cities. For me, to reach all the way to the NW Airfield, it took about 2hrs, with a little bit of a detour due to bad direction. With the cities I hit on the way, I got extremely nice supplies. However, the three times I've gone to the NW Airfield, I've ended up dying.

The first time was a brand new experience for me. I wasn't fully aware that people would camp there forever. When I go to the edge of the Airfield getting to enter in, I see a dude. We end up finding out we're friendly and start to walk in. The moment we step out of the forest line, this dude get's taken out by a sniper. I start sprinting off in the opposite direction and miss like four or five shots. I really wanted to get this guy, so I started to walk around the long way so I could flank him. I get lucky like three more times with him missing shots before he finally gets me. Not wanting to give this guy my gear, I force close once he makes me pass out and bleed out in another server.

The second time was by a zombie. Of course at first, I was able to get revived by Sanders and Snivy. However, it turns out an hour or so later, my character didn't save. So when I rejoin, I'm back to where I was when I was bleeding to death.

The third time I was extremely more careful. I went around the whole forest line to make sure there weren't any snipers hiding there. Once I finished, I started crawling into each hanger. Once I reach the watch tower, I alert the horde and head to the top. Up there, I find a survivor who has killed a bandit. I tell him I'm friendly and all is good. We start killing the zeds who come up and all until he decides to throw a nade down below. I wasn't aware it was a grenade until I was dead...

So yeah, moral of the story, you'll more than likely die at the NW Airfield.

If you get too attached to your stuff beware, you face:

(http://filesmelt.com/dl/1332043064001.png)

RIGHT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT

Yeah, I've spent majority of my time playing this game walking all the way up to NW Airfield and dying there. It is annoying as hell. I've learned to just avoid it and head back down to the coast once I've gotten decent supplies.
Post by: Deathie on April 30, 2012, 11:19:40 PM
So yeah, moral of the story, you'll more than likely die at the NW Airfield.

You'll die almost anywhere.

The average player lifespan is only four hours, after all.
Post by: Frank on April 30, 2012, 11:20:36 PM
I fucking hate my shitty economy. This looks like I'll QQ my eyes out. You guise should have a srs journal for this.

"Day 1:

I... killed a survivor. When I returned from the city, I found someone lurking inside my tent. I shouted at him, but he just shot back. He missed, I... I didn't..."
Post by: Ἆxule on April 30, 2012, 11:21:49 PM

Moral of the story *correction*- Don't expect to survive in the NW Airfield while doing it solo
Post by: Deathie on April 30, 2012, 11:23:37 PM
I fucking hate my shitty economy. This looks like I'll QQ my eyes out. You guise should have a srs journal for this.

"Day 1:

I... killed a survivor. When I returned from the city, I found someone lurking inside my tent. I shouted at him, but he just shot back. He missed, I... I didn't..."

PFFFT.

A daily journal is crazy. Every hour you're alive is a blessing.

I don't think any of us have had our characters for longer than a few hours.

It's not that bad though, cause you gradually learn where things are, which roads to take, etc.

You could spend the first 10 hours playing the game trying to find your first primary weapon, but once you know where to look and how to get there, you could find another in half an hour.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on April 30, 2012, 11:25:13 PM

I lived about 24 hours ( in all about 15 hours of gameplay) just to get assfucked by 9 zombies and bleed to death lol
Post by: Bovicide on April 30, 2012, 11:33:27 PM
Thanks to some careful planning and good companions, ive been around for ~8 hr with current save. When i least expect the asspain i know it'll hit from a renegade ladder.
Post by: Deathie on April 30, 2012, 11:37:17 PM
Thanks to some careful planning and good companions, ive been around for ~8 hr with current save. When i least expect the asspain i know it'll hit from a renegade ladder.

Those fucking ladders.

Make sure you always carry morphine around. God fucking damnit.

I think three of my lives were ended because of them. They're possibly the biggest boss in the entire game.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on April 30, 2012, 11:55:20 PM
Those fucking ladders.

Make sure you always carry morphine around. God fucking damnit.

I think three of my lives were ended because of them. They're possibly the biggest boss in the entire game.

I warned you about ladders bro.

I told you man
I TOLD you About  ladders!
Post by: semy32 on May 01, 2012, 02:06:12 AM
Can this be played with the arma2free?

If no, then I guess I play it alone :<

If it's not possible to play multiplayer with it then I might buy arma 2 if I can play with you guys.

Can I play with you guys?

Post by: Juan_Ambriz on May 01, 2012, 07:25:21 AM
Can this be played with the arma2free?

If no, then I guess I play it alone :<

If it's not possible to play multiplayer with it then I might buy arma 2 if I can play with you guys.

Can I play with you guys?

I'm ok with it :D just adds another partner to play with... Oh also when we play we use Teamspeak on Snivy's channel "azuremc.dyndns.org"

I will be on in about 8 hours lol
Post by: semy32 on May 01, 2012, 08:19:29 AM
I can't join any servers.

It gives me this: "waiting for server".

Once it loaded but it put me into a flatgrass area, and I couldn't move.
Post by: Rocket50 on May 01, 2012, 08:23:53 AM

Waiting for server, yeah. I get that problem too
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on May 01, 2012, 08:29:04 AM
Hmm... I'm not able to help you guys till I get home...
Post by: semy32 on May 01, 2012, 09:44:08 AM
I got in once but there were no sounds, and I found nobody,couldn't pick up anything.
Post by: Osme on May 01, 2012, 11:44:14 AM
Fuck. Now Ive got to buy another game. (unless it works on pirated version? :>) Looks good ._.
130MB in mods downloaded in seconds. damn...
Post by: Deathie on May 01, 2012, 12:12:28 PM

Interesting.

Me and Sanders referred that to purgatory. It's apparently where dead players go when they die, or when they're spawning, and acts as a placeholder for some unknown reason.

Just Esc > respawn, and it should fix the issue.

Waiting for server, yeah. I get that problem too

That's a bug that happens the first time you connect.

You just wait at that screen for about 10 minutes, and force-quit the game. Every subsequent next time you login, you should be able to get in just fine. It has something to do with creating your character information in the database.

I got in once but there were no sounds, and I found nobody,couldn't pick up anything.

It was probably night. It's dark as shit, can't even see the gun in front of you.

Fuck. Now Ive got to buy another game. (unless it works on pirated version? :>) Looks good ._.
130MB in mods downloaded in seconds. damn...

You need a legit copy of Operation Arrowhead.

Trust us, we tried any and every workaround.

You can use a pirated version of Arma 2 or Arma 2 free for the A2 content though.
Post by: Osme on May 01, 2012, 12:28:54 PM
Well shit that is unfortunate because turns out I cant buy the game. I was told it was stalker-like ;-;
Post by: Deathie on May 01, 2012, 12:36:24 PM
Well shit that is unfortunate because turns out I cant buy the game. I was told it was stalker-like ;-;
It really is a lot like a stalker MMO.

There's a lot of similar game mechanics.

It's well worth the $20 in my opinion though.
Post by: Osme on May 01, 2012, 12:40:00 PM
It really is a lot like a stalker MMO.

There's a lot of similar game mechanics.

It's well worth the $20 in my opinion though.
Well ive got to CC myself, and paying for it myself is apparently a no go so... Disappointing.
Post by: Bovicide on May 01, 2012, 02:23:07 PM
Typical day in DAYZ

>Walking up a road north towards Lobatino
>Here a vehicle coming from behind me
>Jump in a bush, see what it is
>3 Humvees hauling ass, two of them have the mounted M240's
>All 3 full
>I have an M4, Alice Bag, Map and some other items
>Too soon to die
>They dont seem to be slowing down
>Shoot past me
>Hear them singing "You could be mine" by Guns and Roses
>Dont see them again,
>Plus they must of cleared out Lobatino of Z's with all the noise

>2 hours later
>See them again, 3 Humvee's, 2 Flatbeds, all full of guys
>Fuckers even have a Huey flying overhead
>Last humvee see's me, guy gets out and drops ammo,
>Back in, and leaves
Post by: Osme on May 01, 2012, 02:30:54 PM
Typical day in DAYZ

>Walking up a road north towards Lobatino
>Here a vehicle coming from behind me
>Jump in a bush, see what it is
>3 Humvees hauling ass, two of them have the mounted M240's
>All 3 full
>I have an M4, Alice Bag, Map and some other items
>Too soon to die
>They dont seem to be slowing down
>Shoot past me
>Hear them singing "You could be mine" by Guns and Roses
>Dont see them again,
>Plus they must of cleared out Lobatino of Z's with all the noise

>2 hours later
>See them again, 3 Humvee's, 2 Flatbeds, all full of guys
>Fuckers even have a Huey flying overhead
>Last humvee see's me, guy gets out and drops ammo,
>Back in, and leaves
>>here

So there are decent people? ._.
Post by: Bovicide on May 01, 2012, 02:34:11 PM
>>here

So there are decent people? ._.
It's copy paste. Didn't happen to me, but is about the best sale speech i've heard so i posted it. I've hung around with pretty cool dudes before, but no vehicles for us yet.
Post by: semy32 on May 01, 2012, 02:55:57 PM
I met some cool guys who helped me go north. Wec came across a barn and we founda winchester and two snipers there. Sadly only the winchester could fit into my inventory
Post by: Loke on May 01, 2012, 03:02:48 PM
Sadly, I dont have any money to but this, and i cant get a job or do things, as everyone has nothing for me to do.

I wanna play this so bad!!!
Post by: Deathie on May 01, 2012, 03:14:18 PM
It's copy paste. Didn't happen to me, but is about the best sale speech i've heard so i posted it. I've hung around with pretty cool dudes before, but no vehicles for us yet.

Well

Don't forget that time when I got stranded on a boat with four other dudes a hundred meters off shore for an hour.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on May 01, 2012, 03:17:12 PM
Well

Don't forget that time when I got stranded on a boat with four other dudes a hundred meters off shore for an hour.

LOL WAT
Post by: Deathie on May 01, 2012, 03:20:57 PM
LOL WAT

I was traveling to Cherno with a few dudes I met up along the train tracks.

I ended up splitting up with them, and somehow managed to find their boat on a port. They were looking for a fuel tank, so I managed to hitch a ride with them.

Right outside of Chern, we ran out of fuel.

A hundred meters off the coast.

We were stranded for an hour while we sent a search party to the shore to look for a can of gas.

Good thing I don't get seasick.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on May 01, 2012, 03:59:12 PM
Im on now,

im on snivys TS3 Server

"azuremc.dyndns.org"

Join and im willing to play :> and help out
Post by: Mr. Franklin on May 01, 2012, 06:35:05 PM
Link to the map:

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-chernarus/map-of-chernarus_en.html (http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-chernarus/map-of-chernarus_en.html)
Post by: Deathie on May 01, 2012, 07:02:12 PM
Alright, are main city we usually meet up at is Cherno. If you would like to play with us, please know how to play the game first, and don't ask questions when you are with us.

As of recently we were hanging around the hospital, planning on how to get a vehicle and repair it. Whenever we accomplish that, we will go up to the airfield and scavenge anything we can find.

Then, we will make it a standard check to go from the airfield back to Cherno for supplies.

._.

Feel free to ask us questions.

While you might be leading a elite party, I don't mind shepherding new players. Arma has a pretty complex control system.

Hell, even sanders was having issues for the first few hours. He kept throwing flares at a zombies face instead of shooting it.

Anyways, I'm in a small town called Mogilevka, north of Cherno.

I'll be using it as a base of operations for a while, so if you want to meet up, that's where I'll be.
Post by: Deathie on May 01, 2012, 11:57:53 PM
So me and Axule finally got our camp set up.

(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595843635883999446/8BDC8DB6FC9B262FFEFCC23E14A8842543A553FE/)
Post by: Samo on May 02, 2012, 05:52:31 AM
I might join. Arma II looks like great fun.
Post by: semy32 on May 02, 2012, 07:38:24 AM
Where is the camp,snivy?
Post by: Rocket50 on May 02, 2012, 07:45:27 AM
._.

Feel free to ask us questions.

While you might be leading a elite party, I don't mind shepherding new players. Arma has a pretty complex control system.

Hell, even sanders was having issues for the first few hours. He kept throwing flares at a zombies face instead of shooting it.

Anyways, I'm in a small town called Mogilevka, north of Cherno.

I'll be using it as a base of operations for a while, so if you want to meet up, that's where I'll be.

Im held up in a little warehouse in cherno and there's a bunch of scrap metal laying around for vehicle repairs.

Come get me ._.

Please ;_;
Post by: semy32 on May 02, 2012, 08:08:03 AM
Im held up in a little warehouse in cherno and there's a bunch of scrap metal laying around for vehicle repairs.

Come get me ._.

Please ;_;
what server are you on?
also are you using ts3?
Post by: Bovicide on May 02, 2012, 08:22:23 AM
Did you guys really set that up in the middle of a flat field? Enjoy getting jacked in the morning when everyone can see it.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on May 02, 2012, 03:05:15 PM
Man, this looks completely awesome to play. I wish I could buy Arma II so I could play it but I have other shit I need to buy ;-;  All you need is Operation arrowhead or whatever and download the arma demo?... That's what Axule told me.

So do you guys usually come across other players? Since there's only 50 players in one big map I don't expect you guys come across too many. Don't the servers get full and you have to wait a while since it's just that many people allowed at one time? Either way, it sounds great.

Post by: Deathie on May 02, 2012, 03:18:08 PM
So do you guys usually come across other players? Since there's only 50 players in one big map I don't expect you guys come across too many. Don't the servers get full and you have to wait a while since it's just that many people allowed at one time? Either way, it sounds great.

Yeah. It's pretty frequent to bump into others, actually.

Specifically, last night me and Axule were looting a town, far, far north in the middle of the night.

We felt relatively safe, but we stuck to using chemlights instead of flares anyways.

While looting a chruch, we heard gunfire in the distance. The area we were in was well-known as a hideout for PKers. We quickly went prone and watched the doors of the church.

A few minutes passed, and we felt it was safe to leave. Just as we were about to get up, we heard more of the fire.

We pretty much sat prone there, waiting to shoot whoever came in for about 15 minutes.

Scary shit man.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on May 02, 2012, 03:27:28 PM
Yeah. It's pretty frequent to bump into others, actually.

Specifically, last night me and Axule were looting a town, far, far north in the middle of the night.

We felt relatively safe, but we stuck to using chemlights instead of flares anyways.

While looting a chruch, we heard gunfire in the distance. The area we were in was well-known as a hideout for PKers. We quickly went prone and watched the doors of the church.

A few minutes passed, and we felt it was safe to leave. Just as we were about to get up, we heard more of the fire.

We pretty much sat prone there, waiting to shoot whoever came in for about 15 minutes.

Scary shit man.

Oh god I have to get this.

I'll just go beg someone for 7 hours straight and see if they succumb. Only need OA right?
Post by: Deathie on May 02, 2012, 03:29:19 PM
Oh god I have to get this.

I'll just go beg someone for 7 hours straight and see if they succumb. Only need OA right?

Yeah. You can pirate Arma 2 for the content, if you want. Arma 2 free has everything you need though, they just have lower-res textures.

If you decide to get the full arma 2 for content, follow the same instructions as you would for Arma 2.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on May 02, 2012, 03:31:09 PM
Yeah. You can pirate Arma 2 for the content, if you want. Arma 2 free has everything you need though, they just have lower-res textures.

If you decide to get the full arma 2 for content, follow the same instructions as you would for Arma 2.

Axule told me that there was a demo for Arma2 that could get me the stuff too....Would that work and give high res textures too?
Post by: Deathie on May 02, 2012, 03:54:28 PM
Axule told me that there was a demo for Arma2 that could get me the stuff too....Would that work and give high res textures too?

No, the Demo is a Demo.

You need Arma 2 free for ALL The content.
Post by: Cable on May 02, 2012, 04:02:54 PM
So who else has this? I'm going to buy if a lot of peeps have it.
Post by: Deathie on May 02, 2012, 04:09:08 PM
So who else has this? I'm going to buy if a lot of peeps have it.

Currently, Me, Axule, Franklin, Juan, Rocket and Semy.

Don't get it if it's not your kind of game. Just becuase some of us are, doesn't mean you have to.
Post by: Cable on May 02, 2012, 04:44:32 PM
Currently, Me, Axule, Franklin, Juan, Rocket and Semy.

Don't get it if it's not your kind of game. Just becuase some of us are, doesn't mean you have to.
A realistic zombie scenario is always my type of game.
I'll buy it in a few days.
Post by: Deathie on May 02, 2012, 04:53:50 PM
A realistic zombie scenario is always my type of game.
I'll buy it in a few days.

Alright, just be prepared cause it's pretty punishing.

Its called survival for a reason.
Post by: Cable on May 02, 2012, 07:26:59 PM
Alright, just be prepared cause it's pretty punishing.

Its called survival for a reason.
One of my good pals said he could buy it for me sunday
Post by: Deathie on May 03, 2012, 02:45:32 AM
I'm bleeding profusely behind a barn in Pustoshka due to some unfortunate circumstances.

If someone want to come and save my ass, bring epipen.
Post by: Ἆxule on May 03, 2012, 04:07:55 AM
Just spent an hour running around Vybor and some town to the east of it killing zeds and getting loot.
I think tomorrow I'll venture back into NW Airfield. Maybe...

I'm bleeding profusely behind a barn in Pustoshka due to some unfortunate circumstances.

If someone want to come and save my ass, bring epipen.

If I had read this before, I would have came to save you T-T
Post by: Don on May 03, 2012, 04:14:04 AM
Out of interest, how much ammo do you have?
Like, do you have enough to just barely survive or can you just become rambo and kill everything?
Post by: semy32 on May 03, 2012, 05:21:51 AM
Soooo, I got VERY lucky.

Yesterday I was on the russian server and died.

I rage alt-tabbed.

Came back in, respawned and my stuff was in my inventory.

So I still have my AKSU.

Also chern had shitloads of loot on NY1. A lot of weapons,maps,compasses,watches,medical supplies and many more shit.
Post by: Ἆxule on May 03, 2012, 10:38:16 AM
Out of interest, how much ammo do you have?
Like, do you have enough to just barely survive or can you just become rambo and kill everything?
Depends. Some gun's ammo iis extremely rare while others you can basically find anywhere. But really what it boils down to is taking the chance to find the ammo in cities which could result in your death. Or kill other players, that works too.
Post by: semy32 on May 03, 2012, 10:41:38 AM
Depends. Some gun's ammo iis extremely rare while others you can basically find anywhere. But really what it boils down to is taking the chance to find the ammo in cities which could result in your death. Or kill other players, that works too.

You can find lots of ammo in barns, and in a shop in smaller towns. Well, I can always find some lee enfield, winchester, and cz550 ammo.

However, smaller towns and villages need some fucking painkillers.
Post by: Bovicide on May 03, 2012, 11:49:36 AM
You can find lots of ammo in barns, and in a shop in smaller towns. Well, I can always find some lee enfield, winchester, and cz550 ammo.

However, smaller towns and villages need some fucking painkillers.

Only peasant ammo can be found in those barns and small towns. The only place I've found ammo for my m4 is at the airfields and in the largest cities.

Think about that before you snag that AKM or AK-74, which are of the same tier.
Post by: Cable on May 03, 2012, 11:59:42 AM
Oh man this all sounds so fun ;_;
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on May 03, 2012, 01:04:02 PM
Oh man this all sounds so fun ;_;

It's extremely fun and punishing lol
Post by: semy32 on May 03, 2012, 02:08:12 PM
Is it better with HD textures?
Post by: Rocket50 on May 03, 2012, 02:40:00 PM
>      * [NEW]         Players no longer consume food/water offline BUT can still become starving offline (just eat when you login) P.S. you guys are pussies

LOL
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on May 03, 2012, 02:46:35 PM
>      * [NEW]         Players no longer consume food/water offline BUT can still become starving offline (just eat when you login) P.S. you guys are pussies

LOL

Fucking.
I hate that so much, so we literaly have to be on 24/7 to feed or u might die
Post by: ursus on May 03, 2012, 03:29:46 PM
Does anyone else get mouse lag to the point where the game is unplayable?

I've turned off vsync and mouse smoothing, along with another setting in the configuration. I still can't aim.
Post by: Cable on May 03, 2012, 04:04:39 PM
Does anyone else get mouse lag to the point where the game is unplayable?

I've turned off vsync and mouse smoothing, along with another setting in the configuration. I still can't aim.
Is it because your computer just can't handle the game?
Post by: Loke on May 03, 2012, 04:36:23 PM
I want this
So
Fucking
Bad.
Post by: Osme on May 03, 2012, 04:49:52 PM
Downloading arma OA now. Hope its worth it
Post by: Rocket50 on May 03, 2012, 07:54:24 PM
Does anyone have CZ550 Sniper rounds? I'll gladly trade shit for them
Post by: Deathie on May 03, 2012, 08:39:26 PM
Does anyone have CZ550 Sniper rounds? I'll gladly trade shit for them

It's some really common ammo ._.

If I'm near you tonight/tomorrow, I can make a town run with you to get some.
Post by: Rocket50 on May 03, 2012, 10:09:40 PM
It's some really common ammo ._.

If I'm near you tonight/tomorrow, I can make a town run with you to get some.

I have a full magazine of m240 ammo if you want
Post by: Pryvisee on May 03, 2012, 10:42:28 PM

No I'm pretty sure he can run it. I mean, he's getting like 15 fps on the almost the highest graphic settings.

Anyways, I bet if he turned the graphics down a tad bit, I bet his FPS would be a lot better.
Post by: ursus on May 03, 2012, 11:33:12 PM

I can actually run it on all-maxed settings with decent FPS. However, under certain circumstances it takes about 100-500ms for my mouse movement to register.
Post by: Pryvisee on May 03, 2012, 11:37:28 PM
I can actually run it on all-maxed settings with decent FPS. However, under certain circumstances it takes about 100-500ms for my mouse movement to register.

You said on the TeamSpeak that you ran it at those settings with 15fps. :P I don't know, it must be how the game registers mouse input. I had the same problem as you when I played the free version. It wasn't lagging at all, but the mouse movement was not what I was used.
Post by: Deathie on May 04, 2012, 12:59:55 AM
You said on the TeamSpeak that you ran it at those settings with 15fps. :P I don't know, it must be how the game registers mouse input. I had the same problem as you when I played the free version. It wasn't lagging at all, but the mouse movement was not what I was used.

That's gamefreak.

I'm snivy.
Post by: ursus on May 04, 2012, 08:43:07 AM
That's gamefreak.

I'm snivy.

You obviously made another account and promoted yourself to VIP.
Post by: semy32 on May 04, 2012, 10:04:45 AM
I killed a bandit who wasn't attacking us. I feel like an asshole now.
Post by: Cable on May 04, 2012, 12:08:45 PM
I'm sure I can squeeze 30 fps out of it at lowest settings.

(http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6577/cyri.png)
Post by: semy32 on May 04, 2012, 12:37:04 PM
-delete this-
Post by: Pryvisee on May 04, 2012, 02:21:01 PM
That's gamefreak.

I'm snivy.

This is getting annoying.. -sigh-
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on May 04, 2012, 05:02:13 PM
This is getting annoying.. -sigh-
Post by: Osme on May 05, 2012, 12:06:08 PM
been playing with friends last 2 days, thoroughly enjoyable mod
Post by: Ἆxule on May 06, 2012, 12:51:17 AM
I've noticed that when I run during work (soccer referee) and I look at my shadow, I'm instantly thinking about this mod.
Post by: Deathie on May 06, 2012, 01:02:13 AM
I've noticed that when I run during work (soccer referee) and I look at my shadow, I'm instantly thinking about this mod.

Dude, I've been having vivid as fuck dreams lately.

I constantly have trouble sleeping becuase I feel like my teammates are dying and I shouldn't be sleeping, but it's like when I come to the realization it's not real, I'm able to fall back asleep.

The loop just keeps happening bro.

Dat fucking immersion.
Post by: Ἆxule on May 06, 2012, 01:03:31 AM

I constantly have trouble sleeping becuase I feel like my teammates are dying and I shouldn't be sleeping, but it's like when I come to the realization it's not real, I'm able to fall back asleep.

Dat fucking immersion.

LOL
this game so real, das why dawg. Freaking beast
Post by: Rocket50 on May 06, 2012, 07:52:52 AM

Dat fucking immersion.

I like how you feel guilty when no one is playing but feel nothing when you afk with us surviving the hordes of zombies
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on May 06, 2012, 07:56:21 AM

LOL DUDE YES! Also when I run for some reason I breath like how you breath in game when running

Also, I mad yesterday my power just died and came back, I'm scared to go on my computer because of power failure or something... :<
Post by: Cable on May 06, 2012, 11:11:50 AM
Do you guys play the game in groups or do you just run around alone?
Post by: Deathie on May 06, 2012, 04:28:27 PM

Groups, when we can. It's safer that way.
Post by: Osme on May 06, 2012, 04:47:59 PM
Groups, when we can. It's safer that way.
Ive just been going around with 1 other person. Pretty safe as long as we arnt idiots
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on May 06, 2012, 07:39:20 PM
I really honestly wish I had this game.

I'd be willing to give most of my tf2 inventory if someone generous were to gift me Arma 2 OA ;-;

Said generous because my inventory doesn't even remotely match the cost of it.

On-topic

If I manage to get it or be gifted it, could you guys help me out on starting and shit? Would appreciate if I had a friend to guide me
Post by: Rocket50 on May 06, 2012, 07:39:27 PM
We are birds. All of us.
Post by: ursus on May 06, 2012, 07:47:49 PM
I really honestly wish I had this game.

I'd be willing to give most of my tf2 inventory if someone generous were to gift me Arma 2 OA ;-;

Said generous because my inventory doesn't even remotely match the cost of it.

On-topic

If I manage to get it or be gifted it, could you guys help me out on starting and shit? Would appreciate if I had a friend to guide me

WASD: Move
Z: Prone
X: Crouch
C: Stand (sprint)
F: Flare (Cycles between flares and equipped weapon)
R: Reload
Q: Lean left
E: Lean right
G: Gear (Inventory)

Use the scroll wheel to interact with the world, as well as doing things like bandaging yourself and eating food.
Post by: Ἆxule on May 06, 2012, 09:47:22 PM

Most of the time I just go solo. Usually cause I die and I need new shiz, so I make the trip father in land and grab da stuff.
Post by: Deathie on May 06, 2012, 11:20:40 PM
We are birds. All of us.

(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815280038644000/768CB1F1B3F1565D68555C26B2A2A55B2C343B06/)

Sanders took this screenshot. I never became a bird ;_;

MY DREAMS ARE CRUSHED
Post by: Osme on May 07, 2012, 11:58:15 AM
[*img height=600]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815280038644000/768CB1F1B3F1565D68555C26B2A2A55B2C343B06/[/img]

Sanders took this screenshot. I never became a bird ;_;

MY DREAMS ARE CRUSHED

Rainbow dosh is an asshat. Just saying.

And what do you mean... Birds?
Post by: Bovicide on May 07, 2012, 12:24:59 PM
It's what it sounds like. No metaphors or anything. Just REAL bird.

(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815280038645484/C110B96B9D60C485A321EC960C2588A2F2BB96F6/)
(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815280038647046/69BEA5B8B03D0D33E1543A828EAD5244DED11BF8/)
(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815280038643039/3454780DFE508BE4B1F29C3BB1EA9EAA8DC18CD4/)
Post by: semy32 on May 07, 2012, 12:45:25 PM
I robbed someone, it was pretty fun.

One guy I met were aiming at him while I took the stuff out of his backpack.

Now I have EVERYTHING I need to survive.

Hunting knife,box of matches,map,clock, compass, primary and secondary with lots of ammo and medical supplies.

also Sanders which server is that? Dallas 1?
Post by: Osme on May 07, 2012, 01:27:12 PM
Yeah going at it alone isnt working out well. Last 3 deaths have been quick. Anyone want to group?
Post by: semy32 on May 07, 2012, 01:54:49 PM
Well, you can always group up with me.
Post by: Deathie on May 07, 2012, 02:12:14 PM
Yeah going at it alone isnt working out well. Last 3 deaths have been quick. Anyone want to group?

To be honest, I'd love to travel the wasteland with a fellow Stalker.

Shoot me a PM over steam and we can group up somewhere.
Post by: Cable on May 07, 2012, 03:09:35 PM
Not sure if anyone else watched Crikens DayZ live stream, but I recorded some of the awesome bits. I'm about to upload the video to youtube in a second.
Post by: Mr. Franklin on May 07, 2012, 03:16:27 PM
Not sure if anyone else watched Crikens DayZ live stream, but I recorded some of the awesome bits. I'm about to upload the video to youtube in a second.

I was with Criken for a little bit, but i kept on getting disconnected because of internet problems D:
Post by: Foofoojack on May 09, 2012, 06:19:15 PM
Thinking of buying ARMA 2: Operation Warhead...arrowhead

any objections?
Post by: ursus on May 09, 2012, 06:21:13 PM
Thinking of buying ARMA 2: Operation Warhead...

any objections?

i'll be so offended if you do
Post by: Foofoojack on May 09, 2012, 06:22:51 PM
i'll be so offended if you do

that's what I assumed
Post by: Deathie on May 09, 2012, 06:48:05 PM
Thinking of buying ARMA 2: Operation Warhead...

any objections?

Operation Warhead

what
Post by: Foofoojack on May 09, 2012, 06:52:44 PM
Operation Warhead

what

woops
Post by: blαh2355 on May 09, 2012, 07:11:13 PM
hnnnnnnnnnnnng, i'm missing out so much fun

Must bitch to friend to gift it to me.

ARMA II Free works with it right?
Post by: Deathie on May 09, 2012, 07:20:57 PM
ARMA II Free works with it right?

Yeah, you'll just run into a few minor graphical issues, and a lot of the graphics will look shit.
Post by: Pilgrim on May 10, 2012, 01:03:42 AM
Wait, so if I get Arma 2 free do i still need operation arrowhead?
Alot of the tutorials for the mod mention it but don't say if it is necessary for Arma 2 free
Post by: Deathie on May 10, 2012, 01:56:10 AM
Wait, so if I get Arma 2 free do i still need operation arrowhead?
Alot of the tutorials for the mod mention it but don't say if it is necessary for Arma 2 free

Read

The

Instructions
Post by: Dale Feles on May 10, 2012, 03:45:44 AM
This looks super awesome, just checked out this thread today. Might buy the game and play with you guys later :)
Post by: Deathie on May 10, 2012, 04:13:01 AM
Shit man. I'm at about 10k humanity now.

I'm a god damn angel.
Post by: semy32 on May 10, 2012, 05:45:20 AM
Uhh you guys should really just pingaz arma 2 beacuse if you do then it'll show you where you are/what day you are at when you log in. It's SO much easier to locate yourself this way.

And also the bags' tab is pretty fucked up in arma 2 free.

I'm a god damn angel.

Then it's time to kill everyone you see!
Post by: Osme on May 10, 2012, 11:44:40 AM

I'm a god damn angel.
Im the highest ive ever been, 3450. Want to loot hospitals and put strangers blood of an unknown type into eachothers veins?
Post by: Dale Feles on May 10, 2012, 03:17:36 PM
Alright guys, I really, really want to play DayZ.

Can anyone here buy me Arma II + Arrowhead? It's 30$ if you buy that pack.

I will be able to repay with a 25$ game (please be aware of taxes though) and ALL of my Tf2 items (http://www.tf2items.com/id/thecat100 (http://www.tf2items.com/id/thecat100))

Scratch that, I'll buy it myself tomorrow.
Post by: Osme on May 12, 2012, 07:22:54 AM
Im the highest ive ever been, 3450. Want to loot hospitals and put strangers blood of an unknown type into eachothers veins?
Had almost 6k, and since I accidentally shot you, and killed a murderous survivor (twice, the bastard came back to life after a head shot from 300 meters ;-;), want to loot hospitals and put strangers blood of an unknown type into eachothers veins?
Post by: blαh2355 on May 12, 2012, 12:56:16 PM
I just got OA and now I need to install the mod.

Can I join you guys in your group?
Post by: Dale Feles on May 12, 2012, 01:00:29 PM
I bought Arma II CO. I'll download them and install the mod then get used to the game. Blah, maybe you and me could team up, learn/die together :P
Post by: Deathie on May 12, 2012, 01:22:56 PM
Had almost 6k, and since I accidentally shot you, and killed a murderous survivor (twice, the bastard came back to life after a head shot from 300 meters ;-;), want to loot hospitals and put strangers blood of an unknown type into eachothers veins?

You still have my gun

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT?
Post by: Osme on May 12, 2012, 02:15:20 PM
You still have my gun

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT?
Of curse
Post by: Ἆxule on May 13, 2012, 12:56:17 AM
I stopped playing for about a week. When I left, there were maybe 10 or so servers. Now, there is a freaking scroll bar.
Post by: Bovicide on May 13, 2012, 11:21:40 AM
America - Fuck Yeah! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI#)

FUCK YEA

(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815834140155538/47E4128A310A0CDE42C34B2D2750C8E6A3406F5C/)

(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815834140145376/23E3DD46DDB5952FCA813F39729A3DFF5EC8D0F9/)

(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815834140141011/12533038CA324705D0124C8CA6A8A1BDA1BC924D/)

(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815834140103108/850E6903B5E24AF947BCC33DA777C713F2E63FDA/)

(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815834140129871/8A70071362D2D186ED36C3A61E2C548082C79180/)
Post by: Dale Feles on May 13, 2012, 11:48:11 AM
Hitler Reacts to DayZ! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50mBr3CBc4#ws)
Post by: Osme on May 13, 2012, 02:09:23 PM

FUCK YEA
OH SHIT I HAD THOUGHT WE WERNT GETTING THAT HELI ._.
Post by: Rocket50 on May 13, 2012, 03:21:35 PM
Hitler Reacts to DayZ! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50mBr3CBc4#ws)

I think I'm having an identity crisis ;_;
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on May 13, 2012, 07:06:55 PM
Bought operation arrowhead, looking forward to playing.

Anyone else here new want to team up and begin learning?
Post by: blαh2355 on May 13, 2012, 07:14:03 PM
Bought operation arrowhead, looking forward to playing.

Anyone else here new want to team up and begin learning?
I'm not new but we could team up if you want and possibly Silent.
Post by: Bovicide on May 13, 2012, 07:54:59 PM
(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578956129101703932/D5E54E01C1296E07F0D09DEF574A518A81DC8509/)
Post by: Deathie on May 13, 2012, 09:10:05 PM
AW YEAH GIVE IT TO ME
(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578956129102190362/F6591B95B7F53F151DBD65AA69CAE8592AB095B0/)
Post by: Frank on May 13, 2012, 09:12:18 PM
Aaaaah fuck I wanna play
Post by: Deacon on May 13, 2012, 10:16:16 PM
You guys better not be done with this by the time I have an opportunty to try.
Post by: Ἆxule on May 13, 2012, 10:19:17 PM
You guys better not be done with this by the time I have an opportunty to try.

No worries dawg, I'll be here when you get a chance.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on May 13, 2012, 10:25:09 PM
Well I was running around at night. Ran out of flares and out of ammo. Killed two following zombies. Someone please help ;-;
Post by: Dale Feles on May 14, 2012, 04:16:17 AM
Oh god so many zombies now.

My town experiences are literally prone prone prone.
Post by: [Valor]iPounce on May 14, 2012, 04:18:30 AM
Someone should buy it for Me, I'll repay them all my tf2 items. Or someone should help me buy it.
Post by: Bovicide on May 16, 2012, 04:20:58 AM
So you guys think I'm an asshole?

(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559816089823541225/B71A567E5442B2D755D65D26A121BDB095943054/)

(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559816089823685312/2196B25A1E030C8DCA2AB4A2675453E65FA21B60/)

Say it to my helicopters, not online, and see what happens.
Faggots.
Post by: Bovicide on May 16, 2012, 04:45:33 AM
Fuck you guys, double post because this is goddamn amazing.

This is the story of the two fucking helicopters. I'll cut to the meat.

So, after nail logged off, it was just me and snivy. Apparently the jeep saved somewhere along the way to the fuel tanks in Kraznostav, so Snivy and I went to find the thing in the other jeep. As we we're tooting along, we get fucked by some bandit fag hole. However, lucky for me, I spawned back at the chopper. So, needing to impress the bandit faggots, I took ye olde chopper for a whirl. That whirl was right into the fucking ground. Shit exploded like fuck. At that point, Snivy realized that shit went south fast, and that I probably was about to blow a gasket as we now had absolutely no vehicles. He bailed like fuck. Now its just me in Balota with no goddamn heli-choppers.

Now, after respawning in Balota, I wander through the Balota airfield and find myself a wheel, and engine, and a scrap. Fuck yes! Wait, fuck no, I still had all my starter shit. Whatever, I decide to head over to the helicopter nail and I spotted before he left. This helicopter was north of Gvozdno, in the middle of fucking no-fucking-where. I then proceed toward this middle of fucking nowhere with no gps, no map, no compass, no fucking stars. I shit you not, it was cloudy as fuck. I used the compass built into my massive testicles to head over there. Along the way, I tell my story to some people, and one graciously tells me that he has a main rotor and scrap... parts I need. So I string him along, telling him to go "north", then to go to Devils Castle. Before long, I realize that this guy may actually be useful. So I hook him up with the TS3.

Turns out this guy was a bro. When we finally met up at the chopper, he handed me a compass, food, drink, and helped me fix the whole damn chopper. Fuck though, we only had one damn jerry can. So we poured that bitch in and left for Krasnstav. I figured the jeep might be over there, so why the hell not. As we head through Kraznostav, we stopped at the grocery store to pick up some food and gay things, then moved forward. After some time down the road, we found no trace of the car (at least where I thought it should be), and deemed it gone forever and ever. So we turn ourselves around and start cutting through the trees toward the airbase for gas.

Lo and behold the goddamn car was right in the trees. Jesus that is some goddamn luck. So we took that bitch and drove to the gas station and got us some (1) jerry cans full of gasoline. Rode that bitch UAZ all the way back to the chopper. Now, my balls were itching for some badassedry so I put that damn jerry can in and took off with just two cans of fuel, safely landing near Kraznostav. One small tank and some roadkill later, I landed next to the gas.

Fuck, with only one jerry can, it took fucking ages to fill. It took so many ages, we ended up meeting up with another awesome bro who didnt murder us. In fact, he gave me a blood transfusion (I was fainting in the fucking car as I drove), and held off the horde as we filled the helicopter for half an hour. Fuck yea, new team member.

So, skipping the boring shit, we flew around the whole damn map, scared some noobs, landed on Berezino hospital, didnt get squat (lets never do that shit), and finally headed off to a factory for parts.

These guys were pro-fucking-fessionals. Got the goods like hell. Chopper loaded up with the good stuff and all was nice. Unfortunately, one of the bros had to leave so I bid him farewell. About this time I figure my other bro (the guy that helped me fix the damn chopper) deserved some fucking cookies. So I gave him the UAZ, and helped him hide it. Thus, I bid farewell to him again.

Now, I was quite curious as to what the wreckage looked like after all this time. So I flew over there.

FUCKING CHOPPER WASN'T WRECKED. FUCK FUCK FUCK YEA!!!!!!

So, moral of the story. Have big balls.

Also, I recorded nearly the entire walk to the chopper. I'll get snivy to fucktasmn it up or something and put it on youtube.
Post by: Viole on May 17, 2012, 07:20:15 PM
I'm going to have to get this. Let's hope I can find some money since my family is stingy with everything.  :abuse:
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 28, 2012, 01:44:48 PM
Do you guys still play Day Z? I'm thinking about buying ARMA 2/OA just to play this. I would rather like to have a group to play with than by myself.
Post by: Deathie on May 28, 2012, 02:28:48 PM
Do you guys still play Day Z? I'm thinking about buying ARMA 2/OA just to play this. I would rather like to have a group to play with than by myself.

A few of us are, yeah. The servers are also extremely populated now too.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 28, 2012, 04:28:35 PM
A few of us are, yeah. The servers are also extremely populated now too.
Okay, when I get used to the controls of ARMA, I'll try to play with you guys.
Post by: ursus on May 28, 2012, 04:33:03 PM
Okay, when I get used to the controls of ARMA, I'll try to play with you guys.

WASD: Move
Z: Prone
X: Crouch
C: Stand (sprint)
F: Flare (Cycles between flares and equipped weapon)
R: Reload
Q: Lean left
E: Lean right
G: Gear (Inventory)

Use the scroll wheel to interact with the world, as well as doing things like bandaging yourself and eating food.
Post by: Ἆxule on May 28, 2012, 05:49:59 PM
Scrolling no longer works for inventory items such as bandaging yourself. You need to open your inventory and interact with the item
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on May 28, 2012, 05:51:42 PM
Scrolling no longer works for inventory items such as bandaging yourself. You need to open your inventory and interact with the item

Which is annoying as fuck because whenever you right click the icon the option blanks out. Therefore you have to right click and left click simultaneously to do something.

Already bled to death once because of that shit.
Post by: blαh2355 on May 28, 2012, 05:58:41 PM
Well I can't join like any servers. I keep getting stuck at waiting for server response and I wait for a long time, even half an hour before I gave up.
Post by: Dale Feles on May 28, 2012, 06:13:47 PM
Well I can't join like any servers. I keep getting stuck at waiting for server response and I wait for a long time, even half an hour before I gave up.

Did you even try again connecting?

He increased server space. Also, if you get waiting for server response just try a server with like 50 persons on. Just keep spamming join and it should work.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 28, 2012, 07:39:47 PM
I got it to work after the third try. You just have to keep trying different servers.
Post by: Deathie on May 29, 2012, 02:05:35 PM
If anyone has questions/needs help/etc, just PM me over steam instead of posting in the thread.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on June 09, 2012, 12:52:19 AM
So where is everyone?
Like what server do you guys usually play on.?
Post by: blαh2355 on June 09, 2012, 08:00:09 AM
DayZ mod doesn't like me :( I tried yesterday and I got in a server but I had to update. After I did, I get stuck at a black screen saying "Retrying to Authenticate"
Post by: Deacon on June 09, 2012, 08:01:32 AM
DayZ mod doesn't like me :( I tried yesterday and I got in a server but I had to update. After I did, I get stuck at a black screen saying "Retrying to Authenticate"

did you ever run arma with admin permission?
Post by: semy32 on June 09, 2012, 10:09:36 AM

Just reconnect when it says retrying to authenticate
Post by: blαh2355 on June 09, 2012, 11:31:43 AM
did you ever run arma with admin permission?
How? I just press play in steam.
Post by: Deacon on June 09, 2012, 01:08:15 PM
steamapps/common/armawhatever/arma2OA.EXE RIGHT click and run as admin
Post by: blαh2355 on June 10, 2012, 03:58:57 AM
steamapps/common/armawhatever/arma2OA.EXE RIGHT click and run as admin
It works, thank you!
Post by: Deacon on June 11, 2012, 08:55:05 PM
-snip-
Post by: Ἆxule on June 11, 2012, 10:14:33 PM
Well i'm addicted, 4 days straight now.

I wasn't aware you had been playing
Post by: Deathie on June 12, 2012, 11:53:15 AM
I wasn't aware you had been playing

He's been playing with us sort-of. Currently, I think him and Juan are working together to get a hang of playing north.

Also, guess a number between 1 and 10.

No matter what you chose, we have more cars than that now. AEHEUAHEUAHUEHAUEH
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on June 12, 2012, 02:39:42 PM
Deacons brother and I, have FINALLY fixed a car, an offload military truck.

We are going to get a few tents and make a base somewhere, we are ok if anyone (WHO WE KNOW AND TRUST)  wants to join our army of two.

And to snivy, both of our groups are ally's..right?
Post by: Deathie on June 12, 2012, 09:40:36 PM
Deacons brother and I, have FINALLY fixed a car, an offload military truck.

We are going to get a few tents and make a base somewhere, we are ok if anyone (WHO WE KNOW AND TRUST)  wants to join our army of two.

And to snivy, both of our groups are ally's..right?

We're on different servers, so it's not an issue .-.

As long as you're not stealing any of our cars, you're fine.
Post by: Ἆxule on June 12, 2012, 09:44:31 PM
Psst. that means you can steal everything else
Post by: Deathie on June 12, 2012, 09:59:23 PM
Psst. that means you can steal everything else

If they can find everything else ;D
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on June 12, 2012, 10:49:56 PM
If they can find everything else ;D

Lol by allys i dont mean us mooching off of your items, i mean like if you guys need help getting more car parts, then we can help.
and if we need help then you guys can please help us.
Or if we die and lose our Military Truck full of like 4 Guns and shit load of ammo..

update, Deacons Bro was at the airfield when he found a bus, we now have a bus and a VGZ ( i think thats what it is called?)
SO now we have a bus, a car that looks like a jalopy (form Half Life) and a Off Road Military Truck(full of suplies and stuff)..
Post by: blαh2355 on June 13, 2012, 03:57:07 AM
Can I join your army of two please? I'll try not to mooch off your stuff but I still need a map.
Post by: Rocket50 on June 13, 2012, 09:28:09 PM
Can I join your army of two please? I'll try not to mooch off your stuff but I still need a map.

Maps arent actually THAT useful, they dont show your current location. Might as well just get the map on your steam overlay
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 13, 2012, 11:44:16 PM
Maps arent actually THAT useful, they dont show your current location. Might as well just get the map on your steam overlay

If you can manage to get a ghillie suit without being teleported to the debug ocean, the map will show your position as a sniper and it will pretty much be a GPS.
Post by: Deathie on June 14, 2012, 11:02:53 AM
If you can manage to get a ghillie suit without being teleported to the debug ocean, the map will show your position as a sniper and it will pretty much be a GPS.

Maps only show your location on easymode servers.
Post by: Rocket50 on June 14, 2012, 09:21:36 PM

Do they show other peoples' locations too?
Post by: Lavenchie on June 14, 2012, 10:36:39 PM
Is it possible to just like torrent OA then just get Arma 2: free then get the mod?
Post by: Deacon on June 14, 2012, 10:37:15 PM
Is it possible to just like torrent OA then just get Arma 2: free then get the mod?

no
Post by: Ἆxule on June 14, 2012, 11:14:40 PM
That would be extremely OP.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 14, 2012, 11:20:38 PM

I think it was a veteran server...But I don't really remember.

Well, that's a nice thing to know.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on June 15, 2012, 12:27:34 AM
no

Deacon D: tell your bro I'm so sorry... I got grounded for getting the B+ in Spanish... It may only be one week maybe and hopefully less. He is in command, tell him to make sure we don't lose that Offroad! Lol

But srs I'm sorry..
Post by: Deacon on June 16, 2012, 11:02:33 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/v52qp/poor_deacon/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/v52qp/poor_deacon/)
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 16, 2012, 11:25:49 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/v52qp/poor_deacon/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/v52qp/poor_deacon/)

Fucking lol'd.

*nop*
Post by: blαh2355 on June 16, 2012, 11:45:22 AM
This type of thing happened in my first time playing. Randomly walking around Cherno and then I heard gun shots. I stopped and I'm like, alright who's shooting? Then I see a guy run in front of me and next moment I was dead... bandits just ruins the game :/
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 16, 2012, 12:05:10 PM
This type of thing happened in my first time playing. Randomly walking around Cherno and then I heard gun shots. I stopped and I'm like, alright who's shooting? Then I see a guy run in front of me and next moment I was dead... bandits just ruins the game :/

Bandits make the game fun as fuck and intense. What are you talking about? ._.
Post by: semy32 on June 16, 2012, 12:55:38 PM
Bandits make the game fun as fuck and intense. What are you talking about? ._.

It was okay 'til the bandits still had skins.

But now everyone shoots everyone on sight.

This isn't fun like this anymore.

Also 1 month ago there were like 15 servers, now there are 500.

And also the community got "ruined"

When there weren't so many new players you could ask a question or say something in the chat and you'd get an answer/start a conversation, but now, nothing. Nobody even answers.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 16, 2012, 01:36:11 PM
It was okay 'til the bandits still had skins.

But now everyone shoots everyone on sight.

This isn't fun like this anymore.

Also 1 month ago there were like 15 servers, now there are 500.

And also the community got "ruined"

When there weren't so many new players you could ask a question or say something in the chat and you'd get an answer/start a conversation, but now, nothing. Nobody even answers.

In my experience a lot of that is untrue.

STORY TIME.

Also, I actually started a pretty neat and serious discussion about the development of the mod, some of those people are dedicated to their opinions though ._.
Post by: blαh2355 on June 16, 2012, 01:45:28 PM

STORY TIME.

Also, I actually started a pretty neat and serious discussion about the development of the mod, some of those people are dedicated to their opinions though ._.
Well there are a few players that play it serious and are pretty friendly. Saw these 2 guys running by and we met and said friendly. Then we decided to go to a supermarket also but then they had to go. Most people just don't talk though or noobs.

Just wondering, how do I pick up a pack?
Post by: semy32 on June 16, 2012, 01:47:42 PM

STORY TIME.

Yes, well, there are some exceptions, but that is rare.

So I was in elektro too. Fully packed and shit. Alerted 1 zombie at the firestation, all of them came there after a minute. I was there stuck with a revolver and a lee enfield.
Some random guy who couldn't use the chat button came there and helped me.
I was like okay, thank you and went on my way.
I went to the church. Found some food but my backpack was full and I had a cz in my backpack. Dropped the sniper and bam, got shot in the neck.And guess what. It was the same guy who saved me. He probably killed me 'cause he wanted the cz. (Which I dropped).
Post by: blαh2355 on June 16, 2012, 07:40:40 PM
Did this happen to you guys before? And yes, I know I spelled congratulations wrong.

(http://i45.tinypic.com/1zox6jc.jpg)
Post by: Lavenchie on June 16, 2012, 08:03:40 PM
I would trade my entire TF2 backpack for this game.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on June 16, 2012, 08:19:30 PM

Oh god man.. OH GOD
Please don't tell me we lost the cars

STORY TIME.

Where do you guys have your camp?
Or what server do you play on?

I'm so sad that I can't play for a while :(
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 16, 2012, 08:20:05 PM
Did this happen to you guys before? And yes, I know I spelled congratulations wrong.

(http://i45.tinypic.com/1zox6jc.jpg)

Yeah, everyone on the server became friendly and everyone just looted elektro and cherno. Was fun, only 2 zombies.
Post by: Deacon on June 16, 2012, 10:07:45 PM
Oh god man.. OH GOD
Please don't tell me we lost the cars

Where do you guys have your camp?
Or what server do you play on?

I'm so sad that I can't play for a while :(

Don't know juan. Haven't been back yet.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on June 16, 2012, 10:52:52 PM
Don't know juan. Haven't been back yet.

You at least do know where we stashed them on the map right man?
If ya don't I can send u a Map which the area circled in a pm so no one knows where our camp is
Post by: Deacon on June 16, 2012, 10:53:25 PM
You at least do know where we stashed them on the map right man?
If ya don't I can send u a Map which the area circled in a pm so no one knows where our camp is

i remember. just always dead.
Post by: Seb on June 16, 2012, 11:49:57 PM
I want OA to go on sale already to play this.

;_;
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 17, 2012, 01:05:32 AM
I want OA to go on sale already to play this.

;_;

It's well worth the 20$

Unless you're one of those people who ragequit after all your hard-work has been blown to bits by a new guy thinking it's a CoD shooter, then it'll be a waste of money.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 17, 2012, 04:51:02 PM
Sorry for double post but

Destiny vs. The No - DayZ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVFHQsWPMhU#ws)

NONONONONONONONONO
Post by: Lavenchie on June 17, 2012, 05:56:25 PM
Can't you just get OA demo and Arma 2: free since all you need is the content?
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 17, 2012, 06:58:27 PM

Nope. Need full version of OA.
Post by: Deathie on June 17, 2012, 09:23:25 PM

You can use Arma 2 Free, but you still need the full version of OA.
Post by: Tiger Guy on June 17, 2012, 09:48:24 PM
You should read this if you think you want to play DayZ

Post by: semy32 on June 18, 2012, 02:16:51 AM
You should read this if you think you want to play DayZ

The bandit skin and humanity was removed. So that part is not true anymore.
Also that is very outdated.
Post by: blαh2355 on June 18, 2012, 09:33:03 AM
Goddamnit, I just died. I had a lot of great stuff and even found an Alice pack. I was looking around a factory when all of a sudden someone shot me and I died. Fucking bandits...
Post by: Deathie on June 18, 2012, 12:41:25 PM
Goddamnit, I just died. I had a lot of great stuff and even found an Alice pack. I was looking around a factory when all of a sudden someone shot me and I died. Fucking bandits...

Pfft.

That's nothing.

Try losing two coyote packs, an M4A3 CCO and a M16A2 M203 along with a UAZ over a refuel run due to a bandit with an aimbot.
Post by: blαh2355 on June 18, 2012, 01:45:08 PM
Pfft.

That's nothing.

Try losing two coyote packs, an M4A3 CCO and a M16A2 M203 along with a UAZ over a refuel run due to a bandit with an aimbot.
Two coyote packs? My condolences though :(

I pretty much got back most of my stuff except that g17 and a grenade.

If you see a guy named Rick, he's a bandit. Kill him please. Say that was for killing Gary. >:D
Post by: Rocket50 on June 18, 2012, 02:04:40 PM
Good news, now when players start off, you only get a flashlight, a bandage and painkillers.

.____________________.
Post by: blαh2355 on June 18, 2012, 02:11:55 PM
Good news, now when players start off, you only get a flashlight, a bandage and painkillers.

.____________________.
Since when?
Post by: Deacon on June 18, 2012, 02:17:12 PM
i still can't join  shit
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 18, 2012, 02:20:38 PM

.____________________.

Ehh, it's much easier to find food and coke now. The flashlight however might be a bit fun to pick off new people at shore.
Post by: Rocket50 on June 18, 2012, 02:33:39 PM
Since when?

Since 1.7.1

Players also dont start off with flashlights equipped, its in their backpack- wait, Hotgreen are you one of the faggots who shoot for the hell of it?
Post by: blαh2355 on June 18, 2012, 02:34:46 PM
Since 1.7.1

Players also dont start off with flashlights equipped, its in their backpack- wait, Hotgreen are you one of the faggots who shoot for the hell of it?
Oh, I guess I didn't update yet.
Post by: Deacon on June 18, 2012, 02:36:17 PM
Yes he is
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 18, 2012, 02:37:08 PM
Since 1.7.1

Yes he is

No, I'm not. It was a damn joke -_-
Post by: Deacon on June 18, 2012, 02:44:04 PM
Yes you are
Post by: Foofoojack on June 18, 2012, 04:50:39 PM
DayZ Fun Tactics Advanced Swimming (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWc0mc1z5c#ws)
Post by: memo3300 on June 18, 2012, 07:24:03 PM
do you guys only play the zombies mod or any of you also play the actual game?
Post by: blαh2355 on June 18, 2012, 07:31:15 PM
do you guys only play the zombies mod or any of you also play the actual game?
Mostly the zombie mod.
Post by: Frank on June 18, 2012, 08:00:26 PM
If I suck someone's dick, can I get this game?
Post by: Rocket50 on June 18, 2012, 08:05:23 PM
Remember that fun time when the average life expectancy was four hours?

Well, now its 30 minutes.
(http://www.dayzmod.com/images/icons/numbers_3.png)(http://www.dayzmod.com/images/icons/numbers_2.png)
Post by: semy32 on June 19, 2012, 02:24:06 AM
Remember that fun time when the average life expectancy was four hours?

Well, now its 30 minutes.
(http://www.dayzmod.com/images/icons/numbers_3.png)(http://www.dayzmod.com/images/icons/numbers_2.png)

It was like that for some weeks.

Too many new players.
Post by: Deacon on June 19, 2012, 06:08:12 PM
(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559819278296074222/280FFA3273A555599D8071C7A147D9199618116B/)

Troll as shit game.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 19, 2012, 06:14:19 PM
Well.....Just now me and Ruben found a deer stand, nothing special except a coyote backpack......

Right behind it we find a crashed helicopter sight. Since I'm not in a very good mood I'm going to give the short story.

We both got a pair of FN FAL's and M14 AIM's and decided to continue heading north. We came all the way to polana and decided to loot the super market. As we're heading out a hoard of zombies come out of NOWHERE and we just run. As I turn around to look, I get knocked out by one (they're so fucking fast now) I'm eaten in a matter of SECONDS even though I had 8k+ blood, and die. Ruben logs to save himself and try to get my stuff back, but when he comes back my coyote and M14 are gone. He stuffs the FN FAL in his backpack along with the ammo, and anything else he can salvage and leaves.

I'm so fucking pissed. Have to walk all the way to him again and try to get another backpack ._.
Post by: blαh2355 on June 19, 2012, 06:52:03 PM
(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559819278296074222/280FFA3273A555599D8071C7A147D9199618116B/)

Troll as shit game.
lol, someone told me about that when I was playing.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on June 19, 2012, 11:15:45 PM

Troll as shit game.

Lol I told your bro that when we were playing xD
FUCK I'm so mad that I'm grounded, when I come back I hope that truck is still there..
Post by: blαh2355 on June 20, 2012, 05:36:59 AM
Lol I told your bro that when we were playing xD
FUCK I'm so mad that I'm grounded, when I come back I hope that truck is still there..
Sorry to say but I read somewhere that vehicles disappear if they're not used for a while and respawn somewhere else.
Post by: Deacon on June 20, 2012, 08:22:25 AM
Sorry to say but I read somewhere that vehicles disappear if they're not used for a while and respawn somewhere else.

This, paired with the updates...I doubt anything is there.
Post by: blαh2355 on June 20, 2012, 09:43:42 AM
Latest update screwed everything up :/
Post by: Deacon on June 20, 2012, 12:24:41 PM
Latest update screwed everything up :/

what do you mean
Post by: Deathie on June 20, 2012, 12:35:01 PM
what do you mean

Super infected

seeing you a kilometer away

one hit KO's while on full health again
Post by: Deacon on June 20, 2012, 12:36:34 PM
Oh yeah. they increased the noise you make. by a fucking lot.
Post by: Lavenchie on June 20, 2012, 12:43:09 PM
Super infected

So basically
              This                                                                       Turned into                         this, Just with bat ears
(http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsvideogame/l4d/common_infected.png) (http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/tank.jpg)                     
Post by: Rocket50 on June 20, 2012, 03:18:50 PM
But is there ammo?
Post by: Deacon on June 20, 2012, 06:36:31 PM
But is there ammo?

There is nothing
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 20, 2012, 06:55:40 PM
Super infected

Pretty much this.
Post by: Deacon on June 20, 2012, 08:19:06 PM
They fixed the noises.

BACK TO NORMAL
Post by: Deacon on June 21, 2012, 11:15:37 AM
Double post:

(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558693454490534379/2CC7BB30A47E27059E098440A647C4AFA9F790D6/)

The world hates me.

Is anyone available to run to the airfield with blood?
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 21, 2012, 11:19:29 AM
Double post:

(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558693454490534379/2CC7BB30A47E27059E098440A647C4AFA9F790D6/)

The world hates me.

Is anyone available to run to the airfield with blood?

Depends which one. NW? NE? South?

If you're by NE I might be able to come with some cooked meat.

Anyways, yesterday me and Ruben met up again at povlava(or whatever the shit it is) and found a TRACTOR. Since it's one-seated I drove in it while ruben followed. Hilarity ensues as I run over a bunch of zombies and shit like that. Also Ruben found a BAF AS50. Time to shoot some helicopters out of the sky.
Post by: Deacon on June 21, 2012, 11:21:21 AM
NW

:<
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 21, 2012, 11:22:26 AM
:<

Well

I can make a treck ALL the way over to the NW airfield.

Or try to look for some gas to drive over there.

Well shit.
Post by: Deacon on June 21, 2012, 11:41:03 AM
Well

I can make a treck ALL the way over to the NW airfield.

Or try to look for some gas to drive over there.

Well shit.

not worth it
Post by: Rocket50 on June 21, 2012, 12:08:53 PM
not worth it

I happened to be in NW airfield an hour ago...

Except I died ._.
Post by: Deacon on June 21, 2012, 12:23:37 PM
I happened to be in NW airfield an hour ago...

Except I died ._.

well shit
Post by: blαh2355 on June 21, 2012, 08:25:08 PM
Oh cool, the flashlight is now a tool instead of replacing a pistol. But Deacon's gun already comes with a flashlight attachment lol.
Post by: Lavenchie on June 22, 2012, 08:48:52 AM
So I just got DayZ and I have no idea how to play, someone get on Snivy's TS and help me.
Post by: blαh2355 on June 22, 2012, 10:43:46 AM
So I just got DayZ and I have no idea how to play, someone get on Snivy's TS and help me.
http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11995 (http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11995)
Post by: Deacon on June 22, 2012, 12:02:25 PM
i get off work around 4. if you want we can meet up and i'll help you out
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 22, 2012, 10:19:55 PM
So....Anybody by the NW airfield?

Have the same status as Deacon did, broken legs, 3.6k blood, no morphine. I need help, badly.

I decided to log on at night in a server with only 4 people. As I went to the firestation and finished looting, zombies came up. One got a lucky shot and got me bleeding, I finished them off with my silenced mp5 and bandaged. 9.6k blood, still good, not enough to be knocked out. I began to crawl out, throwing two smokes thinking it would keep me safe. I got chased back into the firestation, 7 zombies, lost 400 blood. Needing to be more careful I began crawling towards the barracks. Somehow, in the rain, prone, and in night, a zombie spotted me and caused me to run back into the firestation. As I was about to shoot the last two, the flares I threw went out. Panicking, I tried to run past them farther to throw another flare but one of the bastards broke my leg. Desperate to get the flare out I spammed the click. After 10 seconds I finally began to throw a flare but threw a SECOND one too. The zombies brought me to 3.6k blood, I shot them both out with spam G17 but ended up in bad shape. I need help, badly.
Post by: Deathie on June 22, 2012, 10:45:25 PM
So....Anybody by the NW airfield?

Have the same status as Deacon did, broken legs, 3.6k blood, no morphine. I need help, badly.

I decided to log on at night in a server with only 4 people. As I went to the firestation and finished looting, zombies came up. One got a lucky shot and got me bleeding, I finished them off with my silenced mp5 and bandaged. 9.6k blood, still good, not enough to be knocked out. I began to crawl out, throwing two smokes thinking it would keep me safe. I got chased back into the firestation, 7 zombies, lost 400 blood. Needing to be more careful I began crawling towards the barracks. Somehow, in the rain, prone, and in night, a zombie spotted me and caused me to run back into the firestation. As I was about to shoot the last two, the flares I threw went out. Panicking, I tried to run past them farther to throw another flare but one of the bastards broke my leg. Desperate to get the flare out I spammed the click. After 10 seconds I finally began to throw a flare but threw a SECOND one too. The zombies brought me to 3.6k blood, I shot them both out with spam G17 but ended up in bad shape. I need help, badly.

Fuck me. I have a ride on another server, but I uninstalled Arma 2 a while back to make room for ME3 and the upcoming extended cut dlc ._.

If someone wants to help them, I can tell you where my car is seeing as I won't be needing it for a few weeks.
Post by: Deacon on June 22, 2012, 10:47:44 PM
Sorry hotgreen.

Holy shit.

Found humanity...

Video coming later.

After identifying myself, I was told to "follow, and don't do anything stupid because of the snipers."
(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558693454521103430/973108909163F07F2D7D926D1404D07118F85701/)

They took me in (and gave me breakfast)
(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558693454521101896/88B2BA773DF0B93620AE7ADC3B40A32DA8C04DF9/)
Post by: Tiger Guy on June 23, 2012, 04:15:30 PM
(http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0vGmgptH7yc/T-VXANTfjMI/AAAAAAAAAZA/sOswHisnPJw/s1600/fall_damage.png)
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on June 23, 2012, 04:47:24 PM
(http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0vGmgptH7yc/T-VXANTfjMI/AAAAAAAAAZA/sOswHisnPJw/s1600/fall_damage.png)

I laughed so hard.. I cried.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 23, 2012, 06:02:55 PM
So.....Nobody can save me? With my luck I'll log in, spot some people, ask for help, then get shot ._.

Just need to know now so I can get it over with.
Post by: Deacon on June 23, 2012, 06:09:57 PM
lavenchie and semy; i'm back where we left off. you should still have my gear but i brought some as well.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 23, 2012, 07:05:49 PM
Sorry for yet ANOTHER post but I'm going to be streaming DayZ regularly now that I fixed it. Going to stream right now including me trying to get out of this little pickle I'm in right now. If anyone wants to watch here's the link

Hotgreen (http://www.justin.tv/hotgreen)
Post by: Deacon on June 23, 2012, 07:37:56 PM
I've probably waited forever for a night like this; peace.

Post by: blαh2355 on June 23, 2012, 08:36:08 PM
God damn it. I think I gotta reinstall DayZ or something cause I'm still invisible and spawning in a middle of a forest.
Post by: Rocket50 on June 23, 2012, 09:01:04 PM
God damn it. I think I gotta reinstall DayZ or something cause I'm still invisible and spawning in a middle of a forest.

Debug forest. Are you using the beta?
Post by: Deacon on June 23, 2012, 09:22:22 PM

FIX

YOUR

BETA

Step 1: Download the newest patch. http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php (http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php)
Step 2: Extract and install the patch.
Step 3: Go to your /common/oparrowhead (whatever)/ folder. Rename "arma2oa.exe" or move it to a safe location.
Step 4: Go to /common/oparrowhead(whatever)/Expansion/beta, copy "arma2oa.exe".
Step 5: Paste it into /common/OA(WHATEVER)/.

If that doesn't work, open OA and verify your beta version (it will tell you at the main menu in the bottom right)
Post by: Lavenchie on June 23, 2012, 09:57:57 PM
lavenchie and semy; i'm back where we left off. you should still have my gear but i brought some as well.
I got stuck in debug wilderness or some shit and had to respawn (due to starvation)
But I'm west of Sober Starey when I was last on, I got a Lee Enfeild and a G17.
Post by: Deacon on June 23, 2012, 10:09:58 PM
I got stuck in debug wilderness or some shit and had to respawn (due to starvation)
But I'm west of Sober Starey when I was last on, I got a Lee Enfeild and a G17.

I'll meet you there.
I got glitched. No bandages/morphine. Broken legs and bleeding.
Post by: blαh2355 on June 24, 2012, 03:05:49 AM
Debug forest. Are you using the beta?

FIX

YOUR

BETA

Step 1: Download the newest patch. http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php (http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php)
Step 2: Extract and install the patch.
Step 3: Go to your /common/oparrowhead (whatever)/ folder. Rename "arma2oa.exe" or move it to a safe location.
Step 4: Go to /common/oparrowhead(whatever)/Expansion/beta, copy "arma2oa.exe".
Step 5: Paste it into /common/OA(WHATEVER)/.

If that doesn't work, open OA and verify your beta version (it will tell you at the main menu in the bottom right)

Had no idea about updating about OA ._.

When I start up, the game closes and I get an error box saying, "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical Engine", now what?
Post by: semy32 on June 24, 2012, 03:59:47 AM

I am still in that barn, I'll play when you guys will.

Also I loved how I lost that atv.

We were going back to "our barn" when the atv decided to do a backflip and broke.

EDIT: I got eaten by a zombie who knocked me out, I lost all my medical stuff.
Post by: semy32 on June 24, 2012, 07:54:37 AM
Double post

Who cares about that atv when we got this:

(http://i.imgur.com/KTtLZ.jpg)

(http://i.imgur.com/4KPY2.jpg)

oh and also:
(http://i.imgur.com/lNXyv.jpg)

Post by: Rocket50 on June 24, 2012, 08:32:42 AM
I'll meet you there.

Im in NW airfield atm with two morphines and a buttload of bandages, where are you.
Post by: Deacon on June 24, 2012, 08:50:30 AM
Had no idea about updating about OA ._.

When I start up, the game closes and I get an error box saying, "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical Engine", now what?

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15193 (http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15193)

Verify your launch options. Ensure the correct filepath.
Post by: Rocket50 on June 24, 2012, 09:00:26 AM
http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15193 (http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15193)

Want to get saved or not?
Post by: blαh2355 on June 24, 2012, 09:01:39 AM

I found a great guide somewhere else, thanks though. It should work now.
Post by: semy32 on June 24, 2012, 09:04:16 AM
Deacon let's meet up somewhere.

Oh and the server I was on crashed. Lost the car and I was put back to a spot 2kms away from where I was.
Post by: Deacon on June 24, 2012, 09:05:13 AM

(http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/565111594/jesus.jpg)

but seriously what

Deacon let's meet up somewhere.

Oh and the server I was on crashed. Lost the car and I was put back to a spot 2kms away from where I was.

Meet me in pusta on dallas 30. Same town we were in. I have a camp set up.
Post by: Rocket50 on June 24, 2012, 09:21:39 AM
but seriously what

I'll meet you there.
Im in NW airfield atm with two morphines and a buttload of bandages, where are you.
Post by: Deacon on June 24, 2012, 09:35:51 AM
stuff

oh, thank you but i've been killed multiple times by now. appreciated though

Post by: blαh2355 on June 25, 2012, 05:25:52 AM
I got it working but zombies are really hard now, I have 5.1k blood and I'm in Belota airfield in the tower if anyone wants to help.
Post by: Cable on June 25, 2012, 05:32:27 PM
I bought the game a few days ago.
I found a downed helicopter before I got my first kill. Okay.jpg
Post by: Captain Communism on June 25, 2012, 06:22:53 PM
Just installed it. Might (MIGHT) join you guys if I find it entertaining enough. Or if my internet lets me.
Post by: Deacon on June 25, 2012, 06:40:15 PM
Just installed it. Might (MIGHT) join you guys if I find it entertaining enough. Or if my internet lets me.

Entertainment is not a question.
Trust me.
You're going to love it.

IF you can stand dying every 5 minutes
Post by: Captain Communism on June 25, 2012, 06:48:02 PM
Trust me.
You're going to love it.

Not that much of an issue... erm... server name, please?
Post by: Deacon on June 25, 2012, 07:21:25 PM
Not that much of an issue... erm... server name, please?

I'm on Dallas 30...I wouldn't recommend starting here. It's night and I'm in Cherno
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 25, 2012, 07:26:49 PM
Trust me.
You're going to love it.

Got used to dying. Now I'm in a team with a semi-popular gaming group that already have a camp.

I don't really dislike dying now, lol.
Post by: Captain Communism on June 25, 2012, 08:23:41 PM
Well, not gonna be playing this one.
It would seem that it initiates some issues with PTSD that stem from a bad experience with zombie movies as a young child.
Post by: Deathie on June 26, 2012, 02:57:07 AM
It would seem that it initiates some issues with PTSD that stem from a bad experience with zombie movies as a young child.

I know I bag on you a lot,

but

seriously?

You went into it knowing it was centered around zombies, with extensive resources on youtube such as gameplay videos to further fuel your curiosity, yet you go ahead and play it despite knowing it would trigger a serious disorder?

Really, what in the actual fuck.
Post by: Captain Communism on June 26, 2012, 08:01:35 AM
I know I bag on you a lot,

but

seriously?

You went into it knowing it was centered around zombies, with extensive resources on youtube such as gameplay videos to further fuel your curiosity, yet you go ahead and play it despite knowing it would trigger a serious disorder?

Really, what in the actual fuck.
In my defense, zombie games typically don't do much to me, but this... way too serious for my comfort.

Hell, I'd probably be able to play it with some people, it's mainly the feeling of hopelessness and being alone in the game that got to me.
Post by: Deathie on June 26, 2012, 11:15:56 AM
Hell, I'd probably be able to play it with some people, it's mainly the feeling of hopelessness and being alone in the game that got to me.

That's understandable I guess.

This mod has some serious immersion to it man. It's literally the only game you can actually enjoy sitting in front of a virtual campfire with your bros.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 26, 2012, 11:22:25 AM
That's understandable I guess.

This mod has some serious immersion to it man. It's literally the only came you can actually enjoy sitting in front of a virtual campire with your bros.

>came

I guess it's possible people may come while playing it, but I'm fairly certain not many people like it THAT much.
just jokin

I completely love it all except for one thing. Your legs are toothpicks and zombies are sledgehammers, not a good combination.

I don't really mind dying at all now, even if I have a coyote pack, rare guns, or shit like that.

Captain Communism, if you can get on, find out where you are, I might be able to come to you if I manage to get some morphine. That is, if you want to try to play.
Post by: Deathie on June 26, 2012, 11:24:18 AM
>came

WELL FUCK YEW TOO, BUDDY.
Post by: Seb on June 26, 2012, 12:37:14 PM
WELL FUCK YEW TOO, BUDDY.

(http://images.wikia.com/runescape/images/4/46/Yew_tree.PNG)
Post by: Deathie on June 26, 2012, 12:43:51 PM
-snip-

Don't worry, my jimmies are set to DEFCON 1.

They remain unrustled.
Post by: Cake Faice on June 26, 2012, 01:30:49 PM
>Acquire M4 Super 90, Mac 10, map + compass
>get killed by a door
>Have friend who's acquired a .50 cal sniper who died the same way

I've actually enjoyed playing different gamemodes than DayZ.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on June 26, 2012, 03:01:36 PM
>Acquire M4 Super 90, Mac 10, map + compass
>get killed by a door
>Have friend who's acquired a .50 cal sniper who died the same way

I've actually enjoyed playing different gamemodes than DayZ.

>M4, map, compass
>Think that's rare
HAHAHAHAAHH no. I've had doors closed on me a lot of times but they've never killed me.

Post by: Deacon on June 26, 2012, 03:56:21 PM
>M4, map, compass
>Think that's rare
HAHAHAHAAHH no. I've had doors closed on me a lot of times but they've never killed me.

>being a dick

Post by: Lavenchie on June 26, 2012, 04:05:35 PM
So I found an AK-74 with a laser dot sight, Revolver, Alice Pack, Map, GPS, shit ton of food, drinks and Night vision goggles.
Then a guy LolSprints up to me while I unloaded a magazine on him and takes me out with a hatchet.
Post by: Seb on June 26, 2012, 04:10:57 PM
clip

also mfw everybody has this
Post by: Cake Faice on June 26, 2012, 04:19:30 PM
>M4, map, compass
>Think that's rare
>implying I ever mentioned them being rare. They aren't easy to get either.
Post by: Deacon on June 26, 2012, 04:25:35 PM
NVGs are not easy to come by.
Post by: Deathie on June 26, 2012, 04:56:35 PM
NVGs are not easy to come by.

Yeah. One of the rarest items.

Also, I reinstalled DayZ once I heard you can kill with hatchets now, just to re-enact this scene.

Hip To Be Square (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc7Rsaf2fic#noexternalembed)

>Find someone in the streets of Cherno
"HEY, YOU LIKE HUEY LOUIS?"
>"uhh."
>start playing "It's hip to be square" over direct chat
>slowly walk up to him
>hack away at his face
"TRY GETTING A CAN OF BEANS NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD."
>then walk into the nearest pub and take a seat like the refined gentleman you are.
Post by: Cake Faice on June 27, 2012, 01:18:04 PM
>Find someone in the streets of Cherno
"HEY, YOU LIKE HUEY LOUIS?"
>"uhh."
>start playing "It's hip to be square" over direct chat
>slowly walk up to him
>hack away at his face
"TRY GETTING A CAN OF BEANS NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD."
>then walk into the nearest pub and take a seat like the refined gentleman you are.

He doesn't have the Power of Love.

Ba Dum Tss! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU#ws)
Post by: Deacon on June 27, 2012, 06:33:12 PM
sometimes, this game just doesn't want to be playable.

Was one-shotted; BY A ZOMBIE. I watched him run at me, aiming with my sidearm. he hit me, legs broke, died that instant.

look at my blood.
(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1173435365233958513/73663B2062DC512A5930FF313573C5DB05034642/)
Post by: Deathie on June 27, 2012, 10:21:05 PM
sometimes, this game just doesn't want to be playable.

Was one-shotted; BY A ZOMBIE. I watched him run at me, aiming with my sidearm. he hit me, legs broke, died that instant.

look at my blood.
(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1173435365233958513/73663B2062DC512A5930FF313573C5DB05034642/)

Fill out a bug report. They'll usually restore your inventory with things like this.
Post by: Deacon on June 27, 2012, 10:40:44 PM
Fill out a bug report. They'll usually restore your inventory with things like this.

They don't anymore
Post by: semy32 on June 28, 2012, 12:57:21 AM
That happened to me too, well it was a special occasion but still.

I was on top of a building, and went to a part of the roof where you can't get off.

I was like HOW DO I GET DOWN.

That instant a zombie teleported behind me and hit me.
It broke my leg and I fell off.

I got knocked out with 7000 blood and a died in like 2 seconds.
Post by: Deathie on June 30, 2012, 03:11:30 AM
Let's have a looting party
(We'll be using my TeamSpeak for communcation. azuremc.com is the IP.)

When - 2PM PST - Thursday, July 5'th
Server - Server will be announced two hours prior to the event.
Where - Mogilevka
Who - 4/6. Reply to this post to reserve a slot.
What - The goal here is to get some newer players better starting gear they can use to get an early edge, while also learning what traveling with a large and organized group is like. From Mogilevka, we will head north to Novy and then Stary. Hit up the military camp, then go west to vybor to loot up on food and key items such as maps and compasses. From there, we will go north to the NW airfield and get golden loot. After that, the party will take a nice countryside stroll East, to Polbada Dam where we will retire next to a nice, warm campfire.
What to bring - A pistol with 'enough' ammo. At least two items of food and drink are also recommended.
Post by: blαh2355 on June 30, 2012, 04:02:29 AM
Maybe, sign me in for now.
Post by: Lavenchie on June 30, 2012, 06:32:01 AM
Sheeeeeeeet
If you need a CZ sniper with bag full o' food i'm in.
Post by: Deacon on June 30, 2012, 07:39:46 AM
Thanks, snivy.
I'll be at work.
Post by: Rocket50 on June 30, 2012, 09:45:03 AM
arma2 2012 06 29 21 48 20 17 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeff0oA7z4I#)

WHY ARMA SHOULD BE BOUGHT ANYWAYS
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 01, 2012, 02:06:32 AM

Where - Mogilevka
What - The goal here is to get some newer players better starting gear they can use to get an early edge, while also learning what traveling with a large and organized group is like. From Mogilevka, we will head north to Novy and then Stary. Hit up the military camp, then go west to vybor to loot up on food and key items such as maps and compasses. From there, we will go north to the NW airfield and get golden loot. After that, the party will take a nice countryside stroll East, to Polbada Dam where we will retire next to a nice, warm campfire.
What to bring - A pistol with 'enough' ammo. At least two items of food and drink are also recommended.

I'm praying to god that I can convince my dad to unground me this Wednesday....if I'm online on Thursday or Wednesday then count me in lol
Post by: Rocket50 on July 01, 2012, 08:34:20 AM

Where - Mogilevka

I already have decent gear, but I'll be there for the entertainment :L
Post by: Deacon on July 01, 2012, 09:39:24 AM
If not me, my brother will fill in for me. I'll be there in one form or another as help.
Post by: ursus on July 01, 2012, 11:41:37 AM

Where - Mogilevka

I'm in, assuming I can find a pistol in time. I don't know whether I'm dead or not.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 01, 2012, 02:24:14 PM
Maybeh I can bring a car if my group has been lucky if you guys want :O
Post by: Deacon on July 01, 2012, 02:54:52 PM
Maybeh I can bring a car if my group has been lucky if you guys want :O

This is counterproductive.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 01, 2012, 04:09:55 PM
This is counterproductive.

THEN I'LL FUCKING NUKE YOU ALL WITH THE RPG I FOUND AS I STALK YOU ACROSS THE LANDSCAPE >:L

:kidding:

Alright then, but maybe I'll watch from the sidelines and snipe some peoplez who try to keel.
Post by: Lavenchie on July 01, 2012, 04:14:22 PM
THEN I'LL FUCKING NUKE YOU ALL WITH THE RPG I FOUND AS I STALK YOU ACROSS THE LANDSCAPE >:L

:kidding:

Alright then, but maybe I'll watch from the sidelines and snipe some peoplez who try to keel.
Get a bicycle and ride around us the whole time.
Post by: Deacon on July 01, 2012, 06:03:09 PM
Anyone available for a NW airfield rescue?

"Boy I sure hope this zombie doesn't break my---"
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 01, 2012, 06:16:22 PM
Anyone available for a NW airfield rescue?

"Boy I sure hope this zombie doesn't break my---"

yapyap
Post by: Cpl. FtDLulz on July 01, 2012, 06:20:16 PM
I'd get the game and join ya, but my graphics card cant't run dis game.
Post by: Deacon on July 01, 2012, 06:30:07 PM
Steam?
Post by: ursus on July 01, 2012, 06:36:39 PM
I'm going to be getting home on the 4th just in time, so...

It'll be a surprise "rescue gamefreak from an unknown location" mission.

I *might* have a cz550 or something like that. I can't guarantee anything, though.
Post by: Seb on July 02, 2012, 01:04:04 AM
When's the sale?
Post by: Seb on July 02, 2012, 03:03:48 PM
Bumping, a friend of mine just started a little community that's going to have two Gmod servers and play DayZ. nids more ppl

http://outlaws25.enjin.com/home (http://outlaws25.enjin.com/home)
Post by: Deacon on July 02, 2012, 10:23:14 PM
Killed by hackers.
Again.

This is getting old. Fast.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 02, 2012, 10:24:27 PM
Killed by hackers.
Again.

What.... What happened?

Also do you still play on the server we played on?
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 02, 2012, 10:27:32 PM
Killed by hackers.
Again.

Eventually you start not giving a fuck about getting killed. No matter what kills you. Just take a laugh at it and say "HAHAHAHAHAHA I CAN FIND BETTER"

At least after you lose NV goggles twice like I did :>

and rip your hair out
Post by: Deacon on July 02, 2012, 10:35:03 PM
No hotgreen, I'm sorry. I don't feel bad that I got killed.

I am upset because a man in soldier gear with NVGs kills me with his silenced m4a3

While my leg is broken
and I am cowering in a building.

You see
I'm
not upset

that I lost my things.

I'm upset at the reason.
Post by: Deathie on July 02, 2012, 11:04:43 PM
I am upset because a man in soldier gear with NVGs kills me with his silenced m4a3

>soldier gear
>only obtainable by spawning
>TOTALLY NOT A HACKER
Post by: Deacon on July 02, 2012, 11:12:45 PM
>soldier gear
>TOTALLY NOT A HACKER

I don't understand what you're insinuating.

And I was wrong. This is him.
(http://filesmelt.com/dl/guythatkilledme.png)
I think that's ghille.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 02, 2012, 11:16:07 PM
>soldier gear
>TOTALLY NOT A HACKER

Killed by hackers.

I hate to be the one of those guys, but it's an alpha MOD. There's going to be a lot of hackers/glitches/bugs that will get you killed in the most bullshit ways possible. Of course since it's not really polished over yet there's going to be many ways to exploit these things, just have to play with it.

EDIT: Wellokaynvm

Definitely ghillie.
Post by: Deacon on July 02, 2012, 11:28:09 PM
I keep replaying it in my head
Watching the video.

I still don't know how he found me.
And I never get a good enough look at him. Just saw the door open and then peppered by a silenced m4a__
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 02, 2012, 11:57:26 PM
I keep replaying it in my head
Watching the video.

I still don't know how he found me.
And I never get a good enough look at him. Just saw the door open and then peppered by a silenced m4a__

Were you moving around? Did you search the area beforehands? It could be possible he was camping/Listening to your footsteps and waiting for you/Hunting you down. People enjoy doing that from what I've seen....

Anyways, if you can get to the NorthEast Airfield I have some NV goggles I've been dying to try out ever since I got this AS50 along with the goggles. Time to snipe those damn bandits just like they did to us.
Post by: Deacon on July 03, 2012, 12:20:05 AM
Were you moving around? Did you search the area beforehands? It could be possible he was camping/Listening to your footsteps and waiting for you/Hunting you down. People enjoy doing that from what I've seen....

Anyways, if you can get to the NorthEast Airfield I have some NV goggles I've been dying to try out ever since I got this AS50 along with the goggles. Time to snipe those damn bandits just like they did to us.

Had just spawned in the building. Spent quite awhile crawling there before rejoining. Legs were broken, so I was quiet the whole time.
Post by: blαh2355 on July 03, 2012, 04:11:14 AM
1.7.2 coming out soon

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Looks much better
Post by: Rocket50 on July 03, 2012, 08:53:41 AM
* [FIXED]   Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

OH THANK FUCKING GOD. I hate carrying around fucking 3 doses of morphine because breaking your leg without it is essentially being dead.

* [NEW]    Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated

I really hope he doesnt go through with this.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 03, 2012, 11:50:32 AM
Had just spawned in the building. Spent quite awhile crawling there before rejoining. Legs were broken, so I was quiet the whole time.

Crawling actually makes a lot of player-noise now that I remember. It could be possible he just arrived there, heard crawling, and hid behind a barricade

OH THANK FUCKING GOD. I hate carrying around fucking 3 doses of morphine because breaking your leg without it is essentially being dead.

I really hope he doesnt go through with this.

Seriously, it's like your legs are toothpicks and the zombies are goddamn sledgehammers.

I honestly like the bear trap idea. In DayZ you ALWAYS have to have your senses perked up, always looking for dangers (Zombies, players, etc) or useful things. Usually all the time I watch exactly where I'm going to see which path makes the less noise.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 03, 2012, 12:55:12 PM
Quote from: blah2355 on Today at 05:11:14 AM
* [NEW]    Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated

>Be Hacker

>Spawn bear traps

>Everyone's fucked
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 03, 2012, 01:48:35 PM
Quote from: blah2355 on Today at 05:11:14 AM
* [NEW]    Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated

>Be Hacker

>Spawn bear traps

>Everyone's fucked

This'll be fun
Post by: Lavenchie on July 03, 2012, 02:31:02 PM
(http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22917288.jpg)
Post by: semy32 on July 03, 2012, 03:19:07 PM
There already was a trap that broke players' legs if I remember well. I think it is a tripwire or something. Not sure if this happened in my dream or while I was playing but I swear I saw one.
Post by: Dale Feles on July 04, 2012, 04:21:57 AM
There already was a trap that broke players' legs if I remember well. I think it is a tripwire or something. Not sure if this happened in my dream or while I was playing but I swear I saw one.

There's wire fences, maybe that's what you saw?
Post by: blαh2355 on July 04, 2012, 06:52:35 AM
You can take me out of the party Snivy, I can't go. I keep dying every time I try to get stuff and I feel like giving up on the game.

What's that thing above the broken leg symbol? This was just before I died by a bandit :/
(http://i45.tinypic.com/330d8ns.jpg)

nope.avi
(http://i46.tinypic.com/kbvhn6.jpg)
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 04, 2012, 08:34:29 AM
It's shock. You get it by taking a large amount of damage in a small time period (Falling, getting shot, many zombies killing you at once, etc.) If you log-out with this effect on, you'll be unconscious for the next 5 minutes next time log in.

What keeps on killing you? If it's zombies, stay away from the cities until you get a hatchet. If it's bandits, go to unpopulated servers and scavenge in non-dangerous areas. Teaming up with people is a great choice as well.
Post by: blαh2355 on July 04, 2012, 09:43:04 AM
It's shock. You get it by taking a large amount of damage in a small time period (Falling, getting shot, many zombies killing you at once, etc.) If you log-out with this effect on, you'll be unconscious for the next 5 minutes next time log in.

What keeps on killing you? If it's zombies, stay away from the cities until you get a hatchet. If it's bandits, go to unpopulated servers and scavenge in non-dangerous areas. Teaming up with people is a great choice as well.
I had a hatchet but when crawling my entire time they managed to find me and pick me off little bit at a time. I have to go to Cherno so I can get supplies and weapons. I was in a 2nd floor building trying to find morphine then suddenly a guy ran in, noticed me and started shooting. I tried retaliating but I only had a double  barrel shotgun and 4k blood. I shot him and I thought I killed him but hejust went prone and killed me.
Post by: Rocket50 on July 04, 2012, 10:30:11 AM
Day Z Part 1: Baked Beans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a15bVDJwPtE#ws)

Yogsast just did a video dayZ, now 12 year olds are going to swarm the servers and fuck shit up.

God damn it.
Post by: Deacon on July 04, 2012, 10:34:54 AM
Day Z Part 1: Baked Beans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a15bVDJwPtE#ws)

Yogsast just did a video dayZ, now 12 year olds are going to swarm the servers and fuck shit up.

God damn it.

as opposed to....before?
Post by: Rocket50 on July 04, 2012, 10:36:47 AM
as opposed to....before?

Imagine before, times five.
Post by: Deacon on July 04, 2012, 10:45:30 AM
Imagine before, times five.

eh.
more bandages for me I suppose.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 04, 2012, 12:08:00 PM

I know it's a nub question but I haven't played in a month, you can use a hatchet to kill things?
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 04, 2012, 12:18:58 PM
I know it's a nub question but I haven't played in a month, you can use a hatchet to kill things?

Yeah, the most frequent spawn in the game now and it 1-shots zombies. It has a huge range so you just need to back up and axe the zombie before he hits you. If you're experienced you can fight off a horde with only taking a few hits.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 04, 2012, 12:22:52 PM
Yeah, the most frequent spawn in the game now and it 1-shots zombies. It has a huge range so you just need to back up and axe the zombie before he hits you. If you're experienced you can fight off a horde with only taking a few hits.

Fukyeah :D
Post by: Rocket50 on July 04, 2012, 12:25:03 PM

Where - Mogilevka

Which side of mogi?
Post by: Deathie on July 04, 2012, 01:09:28 PM
Which side of mogi?

The long barn?
Post by: Lavenchie on July 04, 2012, 05:22:31 PM
The long barn?
AKA The barn where I broke my leg and me and Deacon rolled around and preformed other tom foolery.
Post by: Deacon on July 04, 2012, 05:36:25 PM
AKA The barn where I broke my leg and me and Deacon rolled around and preformed other tom foolery.

yes, but we were in pusta lol
Post by: Lavenchie on July 04, 2012, 05:40:07 PM

Wait seriously? Damn, I have no sense of direction in this game what so ever.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 04, 2012, 11:28:57 PM

O shit wait... I think thats where i last logged off :D
Post by: blαh2355 on July 05, 2012, 04:11:20 AM
If I do play this game again, I'm just going to do a kill on sight. I'm going to regret killing people but I can't take it dying from other people.
Post by: semy32 on July 05, 2012, 05:38:22 AM

I'M SORRY ALL RIGHT?

I DIDN'T MEAN TO...
Post by: Samo on July 05, 2012, 07:11:33 AM
This has probably been asked before, but do the servers allow cracked players? I'm planning on being a cheap bastard and getting the game through other means.
Post by: semy32 on July 05, 2012, 07:29:45 AM
This has probably been asked before, but do the servers allow cracked players? I'm planning on being a cheap bastard and getting the game through other means.

There are no-cdkey servers but they are outdated.

Post by: Deathie on July 05, 2012, 07:30:26 AM
There are no-cdkey servers but they are outdated.

And they aren't linked to the global database.
Post by: Rocket50 on July 05, 2012, 12:44:36 PM
Server please.
Post by: Lavenchie on July 05, 2012, 01:07:06 PM
Server please.
I don't think we're doing this anymore due to the fact NO-ONE is showing up for it yet. Or erryones late
Post by: ursus on July 05, 2012, 01:18:09 PM
My mom is taking me to the school's weight room with some friends soon, so I won't be able to make it. Lavenchie, it doesn't start for another 42 minutes.
Post by: Deacon on July 05, 2012, 01:23:13 PM
PST=Pacific Standard Time

I'll be late.
Post by: Rocket50 on July 05, 2012, 01:25:45 PM
I don't think we're doing this anymore due to the fact NO-ONE is showing up for it yet. Or erryones late

>2pm pst

It's only 1:25
Post by: Rocket50 on July 05, 2012, 01:48:22 PM
Err, just to get an idea, how many people are coming?
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 05, 2012, 02:46:09 PM
Does anyone have a good update link? I still on 1.7.0 and the update server is always down
Like it says remote error or something
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 05, 2012, 02:47:38 PM
Does anyone have a good update link? I still on 1.7.0 and the update server is always down
Like it says remote error or something

You don't use SixUpdater?
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 05, 2012, 02:50:21 PM
You don't use SixUpdater?

No lol
Post by: semy32 on July 05, 2012, 02:50:58 PM
http://us2.dayz.nu/latest/ (http://us2.dayz.nu/latest/)

Post by: Deathie on July 05, 2012, 03:02:28 PM
>My internet was down all day today

Delaying the event by another two hours. (4PM PST)
Post by: Rocket50 on July 05, 2012, 03:26:41 PM
Remember to download and install the beta patch before playing

http://filesmelt.com/dl/ARMA2_OA_Build_94444.exe (http://filesmelt.com/dl/ARMA2_OA_Build_94444.exe)
Post by: Deathie on July 05, 2012, 03:35:51 PM
Fuck my anus.

Arma won't let me install the beta patch, it keeps telling me I have an invalid CD key.

Anyone know what's causing this?
Post by: semy32 on July 05, 2012, 03:56:50 PM
Fuck my anus.

Arma won't let me install the beta patch, it keeps telling me I have an invalid CD key.

Anyone know what's causing this?

Same thing happened to me. You have to run operation arrowhead once. AND NOT COMBINED OPERATIONS
Post by: Deacon on July 06, 2012, 08:08:35 PM

So
I think I did this
with my shotgun
cause
it happened
while
i
was
inside
of
AFSFASFASDG
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 06, 2012, 11:08:27 PM

So
I think I did this
with my shotgun
cause
it happened
while
i
was
inside
of
AFSFASFASDG
Lol dude WHAT...

Also have u checked green mountain?
Post by: Deacon on July 06, 2012, 11:21:18 PM
Lol dude WHAT...

Also have u checked green mountain?

I met up with hotgreen, we found a helicopter crash site. I'll come back for you tomorrow, we might have a car.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 07, 2012, 12:03:22 AM
I met up with hotgreen, we found a helicopter crash site. I'll come back for you tomorrow, we might have a car.

You found a shitload of medical supplies right? Lol alright you don't have to though
Post by: Deacon on July 07, 2012, 12:05:25 AM
You found a shitload of medical supplies right? Lol alright you don't have to though

a few.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 07, 2012, 01:04:35 AM
That was amazing.

We found two bikes, a silenced m4, rifle with NV and infared vision on it (L85) two bizons, a bunch of stanag ammo, and a bunch of other shit. The infared is INSANE.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 07, 2012, 01:08:18 AM
That was amazing.

We found two bikes, a silenced m4, rifle with NV and infared vision on it (L85) two bizons, a bunch of stanag ammo, and a bunch of other shit. The infared is INSANE.

If you can, the ONLY thing I was is a rifle.. Any rifle.. Just a rifle lol
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 07, 2012, 01:10:27 AM
If you can, the ONLY thing I was is a rifle.. Any rifle.. Just a rifle lol

....The only thing you were was a rifle? wat
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 07, 2012, 01:11:42 AM
....The only thing you were was a rifle? wat

LOL I must already be tired if I'm fucking up typing xD

I meant want.. I've been looking for CZ'sand stuff but can never find a rifle :/
Post by: Lavenchie on July 07, 2012, 02:24:34 AM
Oh hey, uh if anyone has a car It would really help if you come pick me up tomorrow at the apartments in Cherno
Post by: blαh2355 on July 07, 2012, 04:09:02 AM

So
I think I did this
with my shotgun
cause
it happened
while
i
was
inside
of
AFSFASFASDG

I spawned near Electro and BUILDINGS WERE JUST EXPLODING. I mean just the same buildings were exploding and in rubble.

lol me and Silent were playing yesterday and all of a sudden a hacker spawned like a thousand A-10 planes and they kept crashing down on us. Luckily we disconnected before we died.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 07, 2012, 05:09:26 AM
Oh hey, uh if anyone has a car It would really help if you come pick me up tomorrow at the apartments in Cherno

Whoever drives down their will get raped in 5 seconds
Post by: Dale Feles on July 07, 2012, 05:23:09 AM
I spawned near Electro and BUILDINGS WERE JUST EXPLODING. I mean just the same buildings were exploding and in rubble.

lol me and Silent were playing yesterday and all of a sudden a hacker spawned like a thousand A-10 planes and they kept crashing down on us. Luckily we disconnected before we died.

Thank god nothing happened lol.

You need to learn how to sneak.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 07, 2012, 06:28:22 AM
Whoever drives down their will get raped in 5 seconds

>I bicycle through cherno, unscathed with a bunch of zombies following me and angry players trying to shoot me

:trollface:
Post by: blαh2355 on July 07, 2012, 06:29:36 AM
You need to learn how to sneak.
I do! I'm just a zombie magnet :L
Post by: Dale Feles on July 07, 2012, 06:37:29 AM
I do! I'm just a zombie magnet :L

Oh yeah.

I forgot about that lol.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 07, 2012, 06:40:17 AM
Oh yeah.

I forgot about that lol.

"Hey, I think I hear a zombie, stay low."

*Blah's footsteps on the loud concrete sidewalk are heard*

*3 Zeds rush in, ignoring silent and going straight for blah*

*Blah runs for his life*

"GODDAMNIT"

And so was the story of Silent
Post by: Dale Feles on July 07, 2012, 06:43:10 AM
"Hey, I think I hear a zombie, stay low."

*Blah's footsteps on the loud concrete sidewalk are heard*

*3 Zeds rush in, ignoring silent and going straight for blah*

*Blah runs for his life*

"GODDAMNIT"

And so was the story of Silent

>Lets meet up in Pavlovo
>okay
>I'm there, he makes it
>SHIT SILENT, ZOMBIES SAW ME.

Gary has been killed.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 07, 2012, 06:49:42 AM
>Lets meet up in Pavlovo
>okay
>I'm there, he makes it
>SHIT SILENT, ZOMBIES SAW ME.

Gary has been killed.

*Yesterday afternoon*

"Alright deacon you almost he- Oh what the fu-"

>Deacon rides past me high-speed with a bike, along with a giant horde of zombies
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"
Post by: Deacon on July 07, 2012, 07:28:14 AM
*Yesterday afternoon*

"Alright deacon you almost he- Oh what the fu-"

>Deacon rides past me high-speed with a bike, along with a giant horde of zombies
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

should've driven around with this on mic.
Pokemon Blue/Red - Bicycle Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxU2UjAjN24#)
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 07, 2012, 10:12:46 AM
snip

If the bikes are still there, we should have two. If I find a wai to micspam I shall do it through cherno.
Post by: blαh2355 on July 07, 2012, 11:19:04 AM
I crawl or walk crouch every time I'm near zombies, idk how they find me ;_;
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 07, 2012, 11:20:15 AM
I crawl or walk crouch every time I'm near zombies, idk how they find me ;_;

I run around zombies, end up going after teammates instead :>
Post by: Lavenchie on July 07, 2012, 11:32:08 AM
I run around zombies, end up going after teammates instead :>
I shoot an Enfeild and I get 3 bandits swarmed.
Post by: Pilgrim on July 07, 2012, 12:55:26 PM
So i just bought Arma 2: CO, and am wondering if the installation instructions on the first page are still up to date?
Anyone know?
Post by: Deacon on July 07, 2012, 01:25:13 PM
So i just bought Arma 2: CO, and am wondering if the installation instructions on the first page are still up to date?
Anyone know?

yes, now it requires the beta patch though.
Post by: semy32 on July 07, 2012, 01:50:36 PM
yes, now it requires the beta patch though.

It doesn't.

You can play without the patch.
Post by: Deacon on July 07, 2012, 01:52:45 PM
It doesn't.

You can play without the patch.

no you can't.
as of 1.7.1.2, beta patch is required.
Post by: semy32 on July 07, 2012, 01:55:03 PM
no you can't.
as of 1.7.1.2, beta patch is required.

oh...
Post by: blαh2355 on July 12, 2012, 10:24:08 AM
Meanwhile on a map...

(http://i45.tinypic.com/hssu1g.jpg)

WTF
Post by: Seb on July 12, 2012, 10:37:55 AM
Meanwhile on a map...
(http://i45.tinypic.com/hssu1g.jpg)

Why would somebody write "Hachee Chzheeznee"?
Post by: [Valor]iPounce on July 13, 2012, 04:38:44 AM
Got the game ( Thanks to Roach :) )

My first try was really gay, I spawned near coast and there was like 10 zombies infront of me and I forgot how to prone. I walked and BAM, I was beaten up by zombies. While getting beat up, I was browsing through the controls and I said " Like I give a fuck "

My second try is I spawned near a factory where I did a parkour. Man, I wasted my 30 minutes on that life trying to use my bandage or Pain killers.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 13, 2012, 06:16:34 AM
I had to help sabb and roach set up the game yesterday and took me about 5 or 6 hours all together lol

I think later today I'm going to make an installation video, and a Let's Play as I've been wanting to make one for a very long time now.
Post by: Pilgrim on July 13, 2012, 06:18:19 AM
I just used six-updater (Or whatever its called) it does it all for you. All you need to do is press install.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 13, 2012, 06:33:58 AM
I just used six-updater (Or whatever its called) it does it all for you. All you need to do is press install.
No.i hate that automated shit it always fuck shit up.

Both roach an sabb used it and were not able to play in game because the fucking installer installs it wrong.
Post by: Pilgrim on July 13, 2012, 06:43:02 AM
The only problem I had was battleye was installed in the wrong place.
All I had to do was delete the files then reinstall battleye through steam
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 13, 2012, 06:45:39 AM
The only problem I had was battleye was installed in the wrong place.
All I had to do was delete the files then reinstall battleye through steam

How do you run arma? Off of steam?
Post by: Pilgrim on July 13, 2012, 07:29:15 AM
From the launcher that comes with it
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 13, 2012, 09:12:40 AM
From the launcher that comes with it

Exactly
Post by: Pilgrim on July 13, 2012, 09:20:16 AM
I can still run Arma through steam, I just find the launchers server list is easier to find servers closer to me.
Post by: Deacon on July 13, 2012, 11:09:36 AM
...i always launch with steam
i use an auto-updater (not six)

works just fine
Post by: Captain Communism on July 13, 2012, 12:04:59 PM
Went derping around with Astro....
Accidentally killed him with a hatchet.

Damnit!
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 13, 2012, 12:30:07 PM
Went derping around with Astro....
Accidentally killed him with a hatchet.

Damnit!

You saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvved the world!
Post by: Seb on July 13, 2012, 01:40:22 PM
The connection has timed out
      The server at us.armafiles.info is taking too long to respond.

;_; i just wanna play daisy
Post by: Deacon on July 13, 2012, 04:08:17 PM
The connection has timed out
      The server at us.armafiles.info is taking too long to respond.

;_; i just wanna play daisy

Post by: Seb on July 13, 2012, 07:03:48 PM

Index of /latest/

../
DayZ_Changelog.txt                                 13-Jul-2012 20:18               17686
dayz_anim_v0.4.rar                                 13-Jul-2012 20:08             7024884
dayz_code_v1.7.2.3.rar                             13-Jul-2012 20:07              145226
dayz_equip_v1.3.4.rar                              09-Jul-2012 18:00            19815682
dayz_sfx_v1.2.rar                                  17-Jun-2012 03:50            33376398
dayz_v1.3.1.rar                                    09-Jul-2012 17:59            10023303
dayz_vehicles_v0.1.rar                             13-May-2012 20:05             5611547
dayz_weapons_v1.3.2.rar                            20-Jun-2012 20:43            25834559
md5checksums.txt                                   09-Jul-2012 18:20                 434

what do i do with this
Post by: blαh2355 on July 13, 2012, 07:13:33 PM
what do i do with this
Press each link, it'll tell your browser to download each .rar. Then, extract em all.

Or just use the torrent to get all of them at once. http://cdn.armafiles.info/latest.torrent (http://cdn.armafiles.info/latest.torrent)
Post by: Deacon on July 13, 2012, 07:35:03 PM
what do i do with this

just get http://www.worrom.com/ (http://www.worrom.com/)
Post by: Seb on July 13, 2012, 07:36:03 PM
Press each link, it'll tell your browser to download each .rar. Then, extract em all.

Or just use the torrent to get all of them at once. http://cdn.armafiles.info/latest.torrent (http://cdn.armafiles.info/latest.torrent)

They're not .rars.

...do I just put them in the @dayz/addons folder?
Post by: blαh2355 on July 13, 2012, 08:20:36 PM
They're not .rars.

...do I just put them in the @dayz/addons folder?
dayz_equip_v1.3.4.rar

Yes.
Post by: Seb on July 16, 2012, 05:05:42 PM
Trying to join servers, but I get some kind of "bad version" message. And it won't let me join servers with version 1.61.
Post by: Deacon on July 16, 2012, 06:35:48 PM
Trying to join servers, but I get some kind of "bad version" message. And it won't let me join servers with version 1.61.

ts3
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 16, 2012, 09:55:31 PM
Group picture!!!! Lol

(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559821183675408576/318286E02746F993B1A2798110F94F07595ED0C2/)

(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559821183675407280/DC76F83334197B459FB32256714AAD5701DD65E1/)

(Left to Right)

Yellow Killer, Kurtis, Roach, Vinney

(Not Pictured)
The_Terminator (Me), Deacon, Sabb

I took the picture lol

Post by: Deacon on July 16, 2012, 10:00:02 PM
Group picture!!!! Lol

[img]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559821183675408576/318286E02746F993B1A2798110F94F07595ED0C2/[\img]

way to
A: be dying
B: leave me out of it
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 16, 2012, 10:04:49 PM
way to
A: be dying
B: leave me out of it

:,( im sorry BBcakes

xD

Btw yellow decided to call it "Camp rNd" so yeah lol and, of you would like to join our team/group don't hesitate to ask me or deacon :) or if you just plain need help with the game
Post by: Deacon on July 16, 2012, 10:44:38 PM
if you would like to join our team/group don't hesitate to ask me or deacon :) or if you just plain need help with the game

Absolutely here to help. We'll do it in the fashion that was passed to me by a wise man. I will go meet you, but we have to walk back to camp. Call it an initiation.

Also, if you're a member of the group already: We need more tents.
Post by: Cable on July 17, 2012, 12:39:16 AM
I would like to be apart of your camp.
Invite me next time you guys playyy
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 17, 2012, 05:14:18 AM
I would like to be apart of your camp.
Invite me next time you guys playyy

We are probably going to play in about 4 hours lol well i am, I'll tell ya when I do
Post by: Roach :3 on July 17, 2012, 05:31:37 AM
I decided to call it rnd camp 3:
And we should set some rules on the camp tbh.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 17, 2012, 05:34:05 AM
I decided to call it rnd camp 3:
And we should set some rules on the camp tbh.

:/ I thought it was yellow, well we could set up rules but who would their to enforce them
Post by: Deacon on July 17, 2012, 05:01:27 PM
Our base was compromised.

I was killed in front of it; someone knocked a tree down.

Be careful.
Post by: Astropilot on July 17, 2012, 05:06:10 PM
Cap'n and I went to a server today. I rode my newly found bicycle all around Chernogorsk. All the zombies were bugged and never moved. Captain found a Glock and I found a .45 Revolver. We have a ton of supplies and full blood. I also found another emergency suicide grenade.
Post by: Deathie on July 17, 2012, 05:11:24 PM
I also found another emergency suicide grenade.

Those are fucking great.

>Hold grenade, walk around cherno.
>Come up behind two survivors.
"Hey, what's u-"
>They start shooting me with makaronis
>Pull pin on grenade
>YOU ARE DEAD
>chat shows two other players died a second after I did
WORTH IT.
Post by: blαh2355 on July 17, 2012, 06:54:10 PM
Those are fucking great.

>Hold grenade, walk around cherno.
>Come up behind two survivors.
"Hey, what's u-"
>They start shooting me with makaronis
>Pull pin on grenade
>YOU ARE DEAD
>chat shows two other players died a second after I did
WORTH IT.
I gotta try that shit lol
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 17, 2012, 07:59:00 PM
I'm SO fucking happy, I had a glitch in my inventory that wouldn't allow me to right click things or the menu would go behind my inventory I FINALLY FOUND A FIX.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM RIGHT CLICKING BANDAGES OR FOOD PM ME OR IN STEAM :D
Post by: blαh2355 on July 17, 2012, 08:02:13 PM
I'm SO fucking happy, I had a glitch in my inventory that wouldn't allow me to right click things or the menu would go behind my inventory I FINALLY FOUND A FIX.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM RIGHT CLICKING BANDAGES OR FOOD PM ME OR IN STEAM :D
I used to have that problem until I installed the latest beta patch.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 17, 2012, 08:11:52 PM

That wouldnt fix it for me sadly
Post by: Seb on July 17, 2012, 08:27:05 PM

Where do we download that?
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 17, 2012, 08:28:27 PM
Where do we download that?

You already have it, if you didn't you wouldn't be able to play dayz at all
Post by: TehHank on July 21, 2012, 04:03:04 AM
hooray i got it now  :)
Post by: Deathie on July 21, 2012, 04:27:33 AM
>I just realized this thread is 30 standard pages long
Post by: Deacon on July 21, 2012, 05:56:45 AM
We do owe you snivy.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 21, 2012, 09:05:05 AM
We do owe you snivy.
Post by: Astropilot on July 21, 2012, 02:37:14 PM
Me. Captain, and some other dude died by a guy in a ghille suit while heading up north. He had a SVD I think. I should've thrown a nade.
Post by: Roach :3 on July 22, 2012, 07:55:19 AM
I wanted to ask if you guys can start looking for a stable server besides Colorado 1,2,3.
Those servers get hacked pretty often and I lost alot of stuff tbh.
So post the name of the server if you found any good one.
Post by: Deacon on July 22, 2012, 08:47:30 AM
Have fun roach. I'll be staying.
Post by: Cable on July 24, 2012, 02:26:44 PM
I was playing DayZ with Kurtis and some other friends.
We found a bus
then,
We found another bus.

(http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2013/arma2oa2012072415205620.jpg)
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on July 31, 2012, 05:04:38 PM
Reviving.

We still have our camp that mainly consists of Deacon, Roach and I

Here is our Amazing list of supplies that we have managed to find.

Tent One

Bizon PP SD 
M16a2
M4a1
Mp5a5
Remington 870
M250 Ammo
7 30rnd Stanag
7 30rnd Stanag SD
5Bizon SD Mag
2Civilian Outfits
10CZ Ammo
6 DMR Mags
5FN Fal mags
1 Heatpacks
1m1911
2M9 Mag
morphine
2 Mp5 Mag
Mp5 SD
GPS
M9

Tent Two

M4a1 CC0
M4A1 Holo
Mk Mod 0
2 m107 rinds
4 200rnd belt m249
7  Stanag 
7 SD Stanag
7akm mag
4Bizon Mags
5 CZ
8DMR mag
3fn Fal
4SVD Drag mag
1 GPS
1 NVG
3 Alice Packs
One Coyote

Tent Three
L85 Aws
2 Mk 48 Mod 0
3 100rnd belt
7 Stanag
7 SD Stanag
3 Ghillie suits
1 mountain dew
3 GPS
1 NVG
1 PDW

Tent Four

aK 74
AKM
CZ 550
M16a2
2 m16a2 m203
200rnd belt
10 Stanag SD
g17
M1911
2 M9 SD

Tent Five
Fn Fal
2 L85A2 Aws
M14 Aim
2 M4a1 CCO SD
M4a1 Holo
2 M4a1 CCO

Tent Six
M107
100rnd belt
10rnd m107
2 Camo Clothing
6 DMR Mags
3 Ghillie suits
M203 Flares
Entrenching tool
2 GPs
3 NVG
PDW

Tent Seven
L85 Aws
2 MK Mod 0
6100rnd belt
7 Stanag
7 SD Stanag
8 Blood Bags
8 Cans/Meat Food (Combined)
epi-pen
5 Morphine
6 Pain Killers
4 Sodas
1 MTN Dew
Box of matches
2 GPS
m1911
3 NVG
Post by: Lavenchie on July 31, 2012, 05:11:45 PM
I stopped playing after everyone stopped inviting me to play
Post by: blαh2355 on July 31, 2012, 07:11:27 PM
I stopped also since Silent stopped. He said he got bored.

Reviving.

We still have our camp that mainly consists of Deacon, Roach and I

Here is our Amazing list of supplies that we have managed to find.
I hate you guys.
Post by: Dale Feles on August 01, 2012, 05:14:15 AM
I stopped also since Silent stopped. He said he got bored.
I hate you guys.

eueu.

Well when I say bored, it mainly means for the moment. Kinda caught up with Stronghold kingdoms. But I'll propably start playing again once school starts again, just give me time.
Post by: Roach :3 on August 01, 2012, 10:30:52 AM
I kinda want few people on friday, at least 4 people for a squad to raid places.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on August 01, 2012, 01:22:09 PM
Looting Party

When - 11AM PST - Friday, August 3rd
Server - Server will be announced

Where - Meeting At Lopatino.

Who - Max 10

What - The goal here is to get some newer players better starting gear they can use to get an early edge, while also learning what traveling with a large and organized group.
We will start at Lopatino, go to the NW Airfield, down to Stary Sober, to Novy, then go south to Green Mountain, torwards Pustoshkas store then end there.

What to bring - A pistol with 'enough' ammo. At least two items of food and drink are also recommended. If we choose a Night server, NVG will be given out as a gift.

Hosted By: Juan (The_Terminator) ,Roach (Roach2) and (possibly) Deacon.

ANYONE from Random May join, friends of RNd players may join too.

Just post and say you are coming!
Post by: blαh2355 on August 01, 2012, 02:19:41 PM
12 PM PST  :-X  Would be 4 PM here. Can you possibly start an hour earlier?
Post by: Alphaggot on August 01, 2012, 02:34:26 PM
Looting Party

When - 12PM PST - Friday, August 3rd
Server - Server will be announced TOMORROW.

Where - Meeting At Lopatino.

Who - Max 10

What - The goal here is to get some newer players better starting gear they can use to get an early edge, while also learning what traveling with a large and organized group.
We will start at Lopatino, go to the NW Airfield, down to Stary Sober, to Novy, then go south to Green Mountain, torwards Pustoshkas store then end there.

What to bring - A pistol with 'enough' ammo. At least two items of food and drink are also recommended. If we choose a Night server, NVG will be given out as a gift.

Hosted By: Juan (The_Terminator) ,Roach (Roach2) and (possibly) Deacon.

ANYONE from Random May join, friends of RNd players may join too.

Just post and say you are coming!

I should just post this all over /vg/
Post by: blαh2355 on August 01, 2012, 03:48:43 PM
Bandits, bandits everywhere.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on August 01, 2012, 07:11:53 PM
12 PM PST  :-X  Would be 4 PM here. Can you possibly start an hour earlier

Ok changed,
Don't do it lol

Forgot to mention. We will be using Randoms Teamspeak OR Projectdizzy.com if rnds is down.
Post by: blαh2355 on August 02, 2012, 04:46:00 AM
Ok changed
Thank you so much :)
Post by: Rocket50 on August 02, 2012, 07:19:03 AM
What should instead happen, is you "leak" the 9fag dayz meetup and then you ambush all the tards within Lopatino with snipers
Post by: Loke on August 02, 2012, 09:36:12 AM
What should instead happen, is you "leak" the 9fag dayz meetup and then you ambush all the tards within Lopatino with snipers

I would love to do this, but I don't have DayZ
Post by: Lavenchie on August 02, 2012, 10:58:10 AM
When - 11PM PST - Friday, August 3rd

You do realize that's 2 AM for eastern time right?
._.
Post by: blαh2355 on August 02, 2012, 01:29:34 PM
You do realize that's 2 AM for eastern time right?
._.
LOL I think he meant 11 AM
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on August 02, 2012, 02:06:04 PM
LOL I think he meant 11 AM

LOL Yeah i did mean 11AM i forgot to change that xD

Alright so far

Me
Roach
and
Blah

If you want to go, please say "Im going" or i want to go or something.

ALSO THE SERVER IS COLORADO 1 THE TIME IS MESSED UP, SO IF ITS NIGHT TOMORROW NVG'S WILL BE GIVEN.

To find this server type "Colorado" in Filter settings.
Post by: Dale Feles on August 10, 2012, 06:51:27 AM
OH

MY GOD

YEEEEEEEEEEEESS

http://dayzgame.com/ (http://dayzgame.com/)
Post by: Roach :3 on August 17, 2012, 10:58:34 AM
Most of you probably know there is a new unofficial map for dayz (lingor island) so if anyone needs help installing it tell me.
Post by: pyrosheep on September 01, 2012, 06:28:03 PM
The game is so unforgiving. I literally just found a bike and then someone shithead comes by 2 seconds later and shoots me in the face. It's still fun.
Post by: Lavenchie on September 01, 2012, 07:12:07 PM
The game is so unforgiving.
(http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/slowpoke.jpg)
Post by: Osme on September 01, 2012, 10:21:00 PM
The game is so unforgiving. I literally just found a bike and then someone shithead comes by 2 seconds later and shoots me in the face. It's still fun.
Every player, within 10-15 minutes of death can have access to ghille, any gun (legit or not) of their choice, several thousand rounds, and all equipment. Not to mention the thousands of hacked servers, and empty servers where  players can loot unopposed, except for zed that are too weak to pose a real threat.
Other than that, yeah its really unforgiving. Very hard.
Minecraft is less forgiving...
Post by: ursus on September 01, 2012, 10:23:03 PM
Every player, within 10-15 minutes of death can have access to ghille, any gun (legit or not) of their choice, several thousand rounds, and all equipment. Not to mention the thousands of hacked servers, and empty servers where  players can loot unopposed, except for zed that are too weak to pose a real threat.

how exactly do you get any gun and thousands of rounds in 15 minutes
Post by: Osme on September 01, 2012, 10:24:51 PM
how exactly do you get any gun and thousands of rounds in 15 minutes
"oh shit I died, quickly, walk to any island."
Or better yet, "Oh shit I died, walk to skalisky island"

You have played recently correct? Its gotten awful to say the least.
Post by: Lavenchie on September 01, 2012, 10:29:05 PM
Everything which you just said is so wrong.

Within 10 minutes the most you can get is a Mosin or a Makarov (m1911 if your lucky)
Several thousand rounds won't even fit, only like 5 rounds could be carried unless you have a food/medical mule.
You need to run to several towns or server hop to get all the equipment.
Hacked servers aren't connected to the main character base. Empty servers = night servers which make you carry flashlights or impossible to get in.
Zombies can kick your ass if all you have is a pistol, even with a high tier gun you want to run into the forest to get them off.
In both minecraft and DayZ you have a timed limit to get back to your dead body to get your stuff back.
But with minecraft you can craft anything back within 10 minutes of the game prior to dayz you have to be lucky enough to found the same thing spawned.

TL;DR It takes over an hour to get decent gear in this game
Post by: Osme on September 01, 2012, 10:35:56 PM
Everything which you just said is so wrong.

Within 10 minutes the most you can get is a Mosin or a Makarov (m1911 if your lucky)
Several thousand rounds won't even fit, only like 5 rounds could be carried unless you have a food/medical mule.
You need to run to several towns or server hop to get all the equipment.
Hacked servers aren't connected to the main character base. Empty servers = night servers which make you carry flashlights or impossible to get in.
Zombies can kick your ass if all you have is a pistol, even with a high tier gun you want to run into the forest to get them off.
In both minecraft and DayZ you have a timed limit to get back to your dead body to get your stuff back.
But with minecraft you can craft anything back within 10 minutes of the game prior to dayz you have to be lucky enough to found the same thing spawned.

TL;DR It takes over an hour to get decent gear in this game
Tents. Tents are broken as hell right now and anything place in there, respawns upon server restart. You dont have the choice to abuse it or not, and there are tents all over the place, particularly on islands

Have ACCESS to serveral thousand rounds, not have them in your inventory

Read above

You would be surprised how many servers are "hacked" (dont check battle eye global bans, or enforce script restrictions). I found several in an hour using my old key

Zombies are pretty easy to kill when you have a tent full of stanags, a pdw, and a supressed m4. Nopt to mention you simply have to run through a bush to get away (they became stupid recently) and you can prone to avoid them

MC/dayz was for comparison. And also, for dayz, you have a very long time to return to your body, only an issue if its found by a player

TL;DR, everything I said is right if the player wants it to be.

Example. I got killed, spawned at krutoy cap. 5 minutes later I was rocking an m4 CCO SD, a coyote pack, 6 mags, an as50 TWS in my backpack, GPS, NVGS, and a helicopter. And that wasnt my camp. And this is very similar across many, many servers. And it wasnt my camp. And the owners of the camp wernt affected, because after a server restart, its all back, not to mention that because tents dont save correctly, they had dozens of each of these items.
Post by: Lavenchie on September 01, 2012, 10:39:27 PM
Tents. Tents are broken as hell right now and anything place in there, respawns upon server restart. You dont have the choice to abuse it or not, and there are tents all over the place, particularly on islands

Have ACCESS to serveral thousand rounds, not have them in your inventory

Read above

You would be surprised how many servers are "hacked" (dont check battle eye global bans, or enforce script restrictions). I found several in an hour using my old key

Zombies are pretty easy to kill when you have a tent full of stanags, a pdw, and a supressed m4. Nopt to mention you simply have to run through a bush to get away (they became stupid recently) and you can prone to avoid them

MC/dayz was for comparison. And also, for dayz, you have a very long time to return to your body, only an issue if its found by a player

TL;DR, everything I said is right if the player wants it to be.

>Tents
>Suppressed weaponry
>First 10-15 minutes

You still are wrong, that's around 3 hours of gameplay, you were talking in the first 10-15 minutes
Post by: Osme on September 01, 2012, 10:43:46 PM
>Tents
>Suppressed weaponry
>First 10-15 minutes

You still are wrong, that's around 3 hours of gameplay, you were talking in the first 10-15 minutes

Example. I got killed, spawned at krutoy cap. 5 minutes later I was rocking an m4 CCO SD, a coyote pack, 6 mags, an as50 TWS in my backpack, GPS, NVGS, and a helicopter. And that wasnt my camp. And this is very similar across many, many servers. And it wasnt my camp. And the owners of the camp wernt affected, because after a server restart, its all back, not to mention that because tents dont save correctly, they had dozens of each of these items.

Thats not 3 hours, that 5 minutes.
Post by: Lavenchie on September 01, 2012, 10:47:14 PM
Thats not 3 hours, that 5 minutes.
You edited that in after I posted, and you have to either be A. Extremely lucky to pop up to a camp with a helicopter and tents full of items or B. A hacker to get these things in 5 minutes. The owner of the camp has to be stupid to put their camp there or they have to be your friend.
Post by: Osme on September 01, 2012, 10:53:21 PM
You edited that in after I posted, and you have to either be A. Extremely lucky to pop up to a camp with a helicopter and tents full of items or B. A hacker to get these things in 5 minutes. The owner of the camp has to be stupid to put their camp there or they have to be your friend.

I know I edited that in, but...
Its VERY common the find camps like that on skalisky island (the one by krutoy cap, I forget the spelling), or on any other island for that matter. Many of the servers I visit have camps there, as in, the majority of those who get any players. Its not luck or hacks, its stealing from someone elses camps. And to be honest, people dont care if their camps are found, due to the fact that those items will always be there after a server restart, even if they are taken, not to mention just plain duping.
Post by: Lavenchie on September 01, 2012, 11:06:57 PM
I know I edited that in, but...
Its VERY common the find camps like that on skalisky island (the one by krutoy cap, I forget the spelling), or on any other island for that matter. Many of the servers I visit have camps there, as in, the majority of those who get any players. Its not luck or hacks, its stealing from someone elses camps. And to be honest, people dont care if their camps are found, due to the fact that those items will always be there after a server restart, even if they are taken, not to mention just plain duping.
One does not simply swim back from an island with a full backpack.
Post by: Osme on September 01, 2012, 11:09:14 PM
One does not simply swim back from an island with a full backpack.
They do when it allows them to walk from main land to skalisky.
Post by: Astropilot on February 06, 2013, 05:55:32 PM
Just got a hero skin. First time I didn't get shot by a random player. I let him in with caution. Then I healed him. Hooray me.

(http://25.media.tumblr.com/2556ee1afb97cf76455aabb59b1718a1/tumblr_mhtunjJPfx1rx36iko1_1280.png)

Wrote the whole story about it here:

http://nuclearcore-henry.tumblr.com/post/42328898752/the-dayz-of-night (http://nuclearcore-henry.tumblr.com/post/42328898752/the-dayz-of-night)
http://nuclearcore-henry.tumblr.com/post/42462320543/the-dayz-of-night-part-2 (http://nuclearcore-henry.tumblr.com/post/42462320543/the-dayz-of-night-part-2)

It's a complete mess of errors.