Author Topic: DayZ - a Zombie Survival modification for Arma 2  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Ἆxule

• Respect: +579
Re: DayZ - a Zombie Survival modification for Arma 2
« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2012, 10:19:17 PM »
You guys better not be done with this by the time I have an opportunty to try.

No worries dawg, I'll be here when you get a chance.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2012, 10:25:09 PM »
Well I was running around at night. Ran out of flares and out of ammo. Killed two following zombies. Someone please help ;-;
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2012, 04:16:17 AM »
Oh god so many zombies now.

My town experiences are literally prone prone prone.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline [Valor]iPounce

• My Waifu
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserLeague PlayerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Fun things are Fun
  • Respect: +312
« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2012, 04:18:30 AM »
Someone should buy it for Me, I'll repay them all my tf2 items. Or someone should help me buy it.

"ς๏๏lzєl๔ค๔": WE RACIST
"KHMarie12": Fapping
"KHMarie12": lolwat; coolzeldad: iPounce stop making me think that I'm being ddos'd
[10:28] LazerBlade1: give me the thing

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
  • Respect: +120
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2012, 04:20:58 AM »
So you guys think I'm an asshole?

Say it to my helicopters, not online, and see what happens.
Faggots.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:28:19 AM by Sanders »

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
  • Respect: +120
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2012, 04:45:33 AM »
Fuck you guys, double post because this is goddamn amazing.

This is the story of the two fucking helicopters. I'll cut to the meat.

So, after nail logged off, it was just me and snivy. Apparently the jeep saved somewhere along the way to the fuel tanks in Kraznostav, so Snivy and I went to find the thing in the other jeep. As we we're tooting along, we get fucked by some bandit fag hole. However, lucky for me, I spawned back at the chopper. So, needing to impress the bandit faggots, I took ye olde chopper for a whirl. That whirl was right into the fucking ground. Shit exploded like fuck. At that point, Snivy realized that shit went south fast, and that I probably was about to blow a gasket as we now had absolutely no vehicles. He bailed like fuck. Now its just me in Balota with no goddamn heli-choppers.

Now, after respawning in Balota, I wander through the Balota airfield and find myself a wheel, and engine, and a scrap. Fuck yes! Wait, fuck no, I still had all my starter shit. Whatever, I decide to head over to the helicopter nail and I spotted before he left. This helicopter was north of Gvozdno, in the middle of fucking no-fucking-where. I then proceed toward this middle of fucking nowhere with no gps, no map, no compass, no fucking stars. I shit you not, it was cloudy as fuck. I used the compass built into my massive testicles to head over there. Along the way, I tell my story to some people, and one graciously tells me that he has a main rotor and scrap... parts I need. So I string him along, telling him to go "north", then to go to Devils Castle. Before long, I realize that this guy may actually be useful. So I hook him up with the TS3.

Turns out this guy was a bro. When we finally met up at the chopper, he handed me a compass, food, drink, and helped me fix the whole damn chopper. Fuck though, we only had one damn jerry can. So we poured that bitch in and left for Krasnstav. I figured the jeep might be over there, so why the hell not. As we head through Kraznostav, we stopped at the grocery store to pick up some food and gay things, then moved forward. After some time down the road, we found no trace of the car (at least where I thought it should be), and deemed it gone forever and ever. So we turn ourselves around and start cutting through the trees toward the airbase for gas.

Lo and behold the goddamn car was right in the trees. Jesus that is some goddamn luck. So we took that bitch and drove to the gas station and got us some (1) jerry cans full of gasoline. Rode that bitch UAZ all the way back to the chopper. Now, my balls were itching for some badassedry so I put that damn jerry can in and took off with just two cans of fuel, safely landing near Kraznostav. One small tank and some roadkill later, I landed next to the gas.

Fuck, with only one jerry can, it took fucking ages to fill. It took so many ages, we ended up meeting up with another awesome bro who didnt murder us. In fact, he gave me a blood transfusion (I was fainting in the fucking car as I drove), and held off the horde as we filled the helicopter for half an hour. Fuck yea, new team member.

So, skipping the boring shit, we flew around the whole damn map, scared some noobs, landed on Berezino hospital, didnt get squat (lets never do that shit), and finally headed off to a factory for parts.

These guys were pro-fucking-fessionals. Got the goods like hell. Chopper loaded up with the good stuff and all was nice. Unfortunately, one of the bros had to leave so I bid him farewell. About this time I figure my other bro (the guy that helped me fix the damn chopper) deserved some fucking cookies. So I gave him the UAZ, and helped him hide it. Thus, I bid farewell to him again.

Now, I was quite curious as to what the wreckage looked like after all this time. So I flew over there.

FUCKING CHOPPER WASN'T WRECKED. FUCK FUCK FUCK YEA!!!!!!

So, moral of the story. Have big balls.

Also, I recorded nearly the entire walk to the chopper. I'll get snivy to fucktasmn it up or something and put it on youtube.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:49:10 AM by Sanders »

Offline Viole

• Windows UserLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• o_o
  • Respect: +80
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2012, 07:20:15 PM »
I'm going to have to get this. Let's hope I can find some money since my family is stingy with everything.  :abuse:

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2012, 01:44:48 PM »
Do you guys still play Day Z? I'm thinking about buying ARMA 2/OA just to play this. I would rather like to have a group to play with than by myself.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2012, 02:28:48 PM »
Do you guys still play Day Z? I'm thinking about buying ARMA 2/OA just to play this. I would rather like to have a group to play with than by myself.

A few of us are, yeah. The servers are also extremely populated now too.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2012, 04:28:35 PM »
A few of us are, yeah. The servers are also extremely populated now too.
Okay, when I get used to the controls of ARMA, I'll try to play with you guys.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »
Okay, when I get used to the controls of ARMA, I'll try to play with you guys.

WASD: Move
Z: Prone
X: Crouch
C: Stand (sprint)
F: Flare (Cycles between flares and equipped weapon)
R: Reload
Q: Lean left
E: Lean right
G: Gear (Inventory)

Use the scroll wheel to interact with the world, as well as doing things like bandaging yourself and eating food.

Offline Ἆxule

• Respect: +579
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2012, 05:49:59 PM »
Scrolling no longer works for inventory items such as bandaging yourself. You need to open your inventory and interact with the item

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »
Scrolling no longer works for inventory items such as bandaging yourself. You need to open your inventory and interact with the item

Which is annoying as fuck because whenever you right click the icon the option blanks out. Therefore you have to right click and left click simultaneously to do something.

Already bled to death once because of that shit.
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2012, 05:58:41 PM »
Well I can't join like any servers. I keep getting stuck at waiting for server response and I wait for a long time, even half an hour before I gave up.

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2012, 06:13:47 PM »
Well I can't join like any servers. I keep getting stuck at waiting for server response and I wait for a long time, even half an hour before I gave up.

Did you even try again connecting?

He increased server space. Also, if you get waiting for server response just try a server with like 50 persons on. Just keep spamming join and it should work.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.