Author Topic: Official Server rules discussion thread  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
Re: An official list of rules for each server.
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2011, 08:36:29 AM »
Hope I'm not coming off as too much of an ass or anything, not my intention, but when it coms to the killing-those-who-refuse-to-go-into-the-Traitor-Testor thing, it just doesn't feel logistically solid enough as in, how do you solidly draw the lines so order is maintained - no clusterfucks of RDMing - without making things too over the top?  Also, how do you establish that refusal ALONE is enough to consider somebody a threat to KOS, ESPECIALLY IF you have nothing else to go on - no attempted killings, DNA evidence, eyewitness attempts to corner, kill, etc?  Considering especially that innos are just as capable of refusal as Traitors - and I've refused either passively [being away from that area hunting Ts] or verbally - justifying myself with other tidbits of action I had done that round - like killing an RDMer, or accidentally shooting at / hitting an I - and griping about fucking up my karma... and I know I'm not the only one who has done this in some capacity [refusing in general passively or directly].  If anything, that proves that going on refusal ALONE to justify killing them is potentially a very stupid strategy.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2011, 08:45:59 AM »
Hope I'm not coming off as too much of an ass or anything, not my intention, but when it coms to the killing-those-who-refuse-to-go-into-the-Traitor-Testor thing, it just doesn't feel logistically solid enough as in, how do you solidly draw the lines so order is maintained - no clusterfucks of RDMing - without making things too over the top?  Also, how do you establish that refusal ALONE is enough to consider somebody a threat to KOS, ESPECIALLY IF you have nothing else to go on - no attempted killings, DNA evidence, eyewitness attempts to corner, kill, etc?  Considering especially that innos are just as capable of refusal as Traitors - and I've refused either passively [being away from that area hunting Ts] or verbally - justifying myself with other tidbits of action I had done that round - like killing an RDMer, or accidentally shooting at / hitting an I - and griping about fucking up my karma... and I know I'm not the only one who has done this in some capacity [refusing in general passively or directly].  If anything, that proves that going on refusal ALONE to justify killing them is potentially a very stupid strategy.
I updated TTT and ZS rules list based on my own and others opinion.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 10:36:14 AM »
You seem to be the only one with a complaint about the t testers...everyone else seems to be able to avoid them without getting shot in the face....

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 02:00:20 PM »
You seem to be the only one with a complaint about the t testers...everyone else seems to be able to avoid them without getting shot in the face....

And it seems like you like to presume - I've never ended up shot in the face for refusing - witnessed it a lot.

And whenever I'm in game there is always a few people - though I sometimes tend to not play when you're on.

And even if I am the only one vocal about it, which from my thread on the issue is not entirely true, I an't help but ask "so what?" I mean, how many people may be thinking the same thing and just keep quiet because of the potential ridicule for saying anything going on?   Until we poll opinion, any % related guesses are just that. 
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline YomoFox

• Windows UserLinux UserOld Forum MemberCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +700
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 05:01:45 AM »
ARE GOING TO MAKE A LOADING SCREEN TYPE WEBPAGE
FOR THESE RULES

AND THEN COOLZ IS GOING TO IMPLEMENT INTO THE !HELP MENU

AND I WILL PAY
nope :O
we have !motd menu
if coolz wants, i can put to loading rules :O

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 04:03:39 PM »
nope :O
we have !motd menu
if coolz wants, i can put to loading rules :O

The !motd contains basic rules, but doesn't really explain certain rules.

Yomo, could you possible put something in the loading screen that says: PLEASE TYPE !motd TO SEE SERVER RULES

And could we possibly add these to the !motd or something?...

EDIT: @Prox, Attempting to kill everyone at the start of the round is NOT allowed. From what I know, you have to wait 3 minutes untill you can start your rampage. You ARE, however, entitled to kill anyone who you don't want near you or using your campfire.

I.E. : You make a campfire and tell people to stay out, people STILL come flooding in. That's when you can start trying to kill them.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:06:21 PM by Hotgreensoldier »
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 04:19:17 PM »
You ARE, however, entitled to kill anyone who you don't want near you or using your campfire.

I.E. : You make a campfire and tell people to stay out, people STILL come flooding in. That's when you can start trying to kill them.
lolwut
That's a serious case of RDMing you just explained there

Offline Hotgreensoldier

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 04:24:23 PM »
lolwut
That's a serious case of RDMing you just explained there

It's not random if they warned them.

And in Winter Survival, you can choose who you want in your tribes ._.

If they don't want you in there, you're allowed to force them out.

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 04:28:19 PM »
It's not random if they warned them.

And in Winter Survival, you can choose who you want in your tribes ._.

If they don't want you in there, you're allowed to force them out.
Yeah, but you're not allowed to just go ahead and shoot them.
I'd count that as RDM.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 04:33:11 PM »
Yeah, but you're not allowed to just go ahead and shoot them.
I'd count that as RDM.

It's not random if you tell them to stay away from your campfire...

If they don't tell you and just start trying to kill everyone, THEN it isn't allowed.

These rules haven't really been confirmed by anyone, I'm using ones that I've learned from experience. Can we get someone to confirm these?

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2011, 04:37:31 PM »
Alright since this thread is not dead yet I made another update to it.
I added the global rules list as well as updated the WS rules.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2011, 05:42:58 PM »
For ZS, what about not killing zombies as they exit their spawning areas, but going INTO the spawning room and killing zombies as they spawn - either melee or firearm attacks, standing next to where they physically spawn? Often seen in infected hospital and castle age, it is a trend that is disturbingly common, and being done as often as it is can make playing outright impossible as zombies - and can cause otherwise patient players to rage, and probably keep newbies from wanting to come back if they have to endure that shit very often... but something I want clarification on.

Offline YomoFox

• Windows UserLinux UserOld Forum MemberCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +700
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2011, 10:22:29 PM »
The !motd contains basic rules, but doesn't really explain certain rules.

Yomo, could you possible put something in the loading screen that says: PLEASE TYPE !motd TO SEE SERVER RULES

And could we possibly add these to the !motd or something?...

EDIT: @Prox, Attempting to kill everyone at the start of the round is NOT allowed. From what I know, you have to wait 3 minutes untill you can start your rampage. You ARE, however, entitled to kill anyone who you don't want near you or using your campfire.

say it to coolz

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2011, 03:03:08 AM »
For ZS, what about not killing zombies as they exit their spawning areas, but going INTO the spawning room and killing zombies as they spawn - either melee or firearm attacks, standing next to where they physically spawn? Often seen in infected hospital and castle age, it is a trend that is disturbingly common, and being done as often as it is can make playing outright impossible as zombies - and can cause otherwise patient players to rage, and probably keep newbies from wanting to come back if they have to endure that shit very often... but something I want clarification on.
There was many discussions about this before, it is allowed, besides it doesn't happens that often like it used to.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2011, 08:03:46 AM »
There was many discussions about this before, it is allowed, besides it doesn't happens that often like it used to.

Whenver I'm on, and we're in Castle Age, infected hospital, abandoned facility, and maps with similar z-spawn layouts [even to a far less extent Checkpoint] [train terminal being a very infamous map so far as humans dicking zombies over :trollface:], people camp in the green fog at spawn, throw nades into the green fog, zombies die within seconds after they spawn and begin moving [without even having to move out of the green fog covered areas completely], if not as soon as they are able to move.  Lots of text and voice chat complaints "get out of the spawn" from many players.

I dunno if it's just with the people I'm on, or if you don't see it being in other parts of said maps fighting zombies etc, but it is still very common in these maps [which come up frequently in voting] when I'm on.

Speaking strictly personally, I don't see why it should be allowed - killing as they exit a spawn room [short of blocking teleports if the z spawn is separate] is one thing, but going INTO where they spawn, and waiting for them to spawn, and then killing them as soon as they are able to move doesn't exactly make people WANT to play as Z.  Case in point:  it SEEMS to me anyways more common to find people whom dread starting as zombie for just the above issue I mentioned, especially on maps where humans can do this ad nauseum from the start.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:18:23 AM by Travelsonic »