Author Topic: Official Server rules discussion thread  (Read 2545 times)

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
Re: Official Server rules discussion thread
« Reply #210 on: June 17, 2012, 08:20:24 AM »
Here, let's put it in a list for clarification:

1. If it kills people and AFFECTS KARMA, it counts as normal RDM.
2. If it kills people and DOESN'T AFFECT KARMA, it is non-karmable RDM and is NOT ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AT ALL EVER.

If there are any exceptions to this, please go ahead and enlighten me.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2012, 08:41:47 AM »
Here, let's put it in a list for clarification:

1. If it kills people and AFFECTS KARMA, it counts as normal RDM.
2. If it kills people and DOESN'T AFFECT KARMA, it is non-karmable RDM and is NOT ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AT ALL EVER.

If there are any exceptions to this, please go ahead and enlighten me.

This is perfect, sounds logical, sounds complete to me, thing is convincing others who abuse the non-karmable traps [damaging/killing teammates, Ts [as inno/det], for no reason that it is not allowed.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2012, 10:36:28 AM »
This is perfect, sounds logical, sounds complete to me, thing is convincing others who abuse the non-karmable traps [damaging/killing teammates, Ts [as inno/det], for no reason that it is not allowed.

Want to know how you convince them? You ban them, because they don't make the rules.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »
Want to know how you convince them? You ban them, because they don't make the rules.

You know, it makes me even more excited for the return of the main servers, people could /gl to chat to all the rANdOm servers, and call out for an admin or VIP that may be on say ZS, or Sledbuild, or WS, where if people nid help, they don't have to worry about a couple of VIPs being offline at that moment.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2012, 03:29:57 PM »
You know, it makes me even more excited for the return of the main servers, people could /gl to chat to all the rANdOm servers, and call out for an admin or VIP that may be on say ZS, or Sledbuild, or WS, where if people nid help, they don't have to worry about a couple of VIPs being offline at that moment.

I don't really know what everyone else's stance is, but I didn't apply for VIP so I could debate rules with the people who break them. And I'm not going to.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2012, 03:51:29 PM »
I don't really know what everyone else's stance is, but I didn't apply for VIP so I could debate rules with the people who break them. And I'm not going to.
'

I meant so far as dealing with problem players, I.E kicking and/OR banning them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2012, 04:10:42 PM »
+1
to kick someone you should do it because he is doing something that gives and unfair advantage above other players or just fucking up the game for other players.

i believe that most of the actual rules are based on that.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #217 on: June 20, 2012, 09:43:04 AM »
to kick someone you should do it because he is doing something that gives and unfair advantage above other players or just fucking up the game for other players.

i believe that most of the actual rules are based on that.

Part of the "not feeling confident enough to show that I can be VIP material" stems from uncertainty about whether or not I'd have issue with keeping problem players on longer than they should [once it is demonstrated that they are doing kick/banweorthy things], whether I'd jump the gun and unjustly kick someone, etc - whether or not I'd get the hang of, and KEEP using those powers responsibly, uncertainty of approaching the idea of new things, having new powers, and the uncertainty of whether or not I can be a good VIP [not abusive, not pushover, etc]