Author Topic: Official Server rules discussion thread  (Read 2552 times)

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
Re: Official Server rules discussion thread
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »
That would take a long time to decompile, Modify the traps to make the traitor only, compile and uplaod onto the server. Even if all the Mappers in our community took part in that, there would be complications and time consuming.  :idk:

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »
:thumbsdown:

Or, as *SEEMINGLY* intended, keep it traitors only?

If anyone can use a trap then I don't think it is for traitors only.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2012, 02:59:17 PM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This map is called zs_cave_b3. The only way to get up here is to use a cade kit or be a fast zombie/headcrab. We managed to survive but we could not have done it without a lot of cades(20+) so I think that this could be allowed.
   What you guys think about this?

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2012, 08:02:51 AM »
Um... I don't think that **should** be allowed as a regular basis thing - maybe once in a while for the sheer comedic factor, but to get up there, cade off, and then replenish boards making it impossible to get to you, aside from being dickish, would seem to exploit the lack of anything bounding you into the cave main area.

Also, regarding TTT:

We REALLY need a solid definition of proof, a solid definition of having reason  as too many people make up bullshit that can be disproven, having either limited or no grounds whatsoever.

Also, much as I hate thinking it should be a rule, I'm starting to think we should make it so you have to let somebody who killed somebody - and isn't trying to shoot others / is just standing pacified [not doing anything] / typing / speaking in a panic - at least a second or two to start explaining their reason for doing it.  Too many times, I kill somebody who was blatantly RDMing, and before I can say a word, another inno moronically kills me, or I witness that aforementioned scenario with others / facepalm hard.

Also, can we please consider certain amounts of griefing kickable? 

Things like:
= Randomly calling out people en masse - and getting them RDM'd, or then RDMing them when they deny it / justifying that RDM by saying it proves they're a T [any moron with a brain knows you deny random callouts regardless of what team you're on]

= Griefing with some of the traps in Crummy, Whitehouse, or Temple

= Destroying a health station when either people are using it, a detective has not given permission to destroy it yet, AS another Detective.  As Det, that's just dick, as Inno, that seriously is a very traitorous thing to do, as inno to do that, then act like a smug bitch when somebody kills you and loses their karma for what you did, well, no... just no.

= Some of Aerobro's shit, like last night for example... We were both detective.  I set out a health station, and he starts pushing it into the spike room.  I ask him to stop, since I'm using it - he refuses, I get firmer with my request to stop, then he goes and destroys it - and I can't buy another since you can only buy ONE fucking health station / Detective round.

Regarding low-karma RDMing, another point to consider:  If the person is of the type who RDMs whenever he or she gets karma, just RDMing him/her every round will only HELP said person get back the karma to RDM.  Let them try to play - sorta - with low karma, they try to kill team mates, they'll just keep driving it lower / just keep it low, and any karma bonuses won't mean nearly as much as when they're killed at round's start / allowed to gain karma every round.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:17:00 AM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2012, 09:31:01 AM »
1)Also, can we please consider certain amounts of griefing kickable? 

Things like:
= Randomly calling out people en masse - and getting them RDM'd, or then RDMing them when they deny it / justifying that RDM by saying it proves they're a T [any moron with a brain knows you deny random callouts regardless of what team you're on]

2)= Griefing with some of the traps in Crummy, Whitehouse, or Temple

3)= Destroying a health station when either people are using it, a detective has not given permission to destroy it yet, AS another Detective.  As Det, that's just dick, as Inno, that seriously is a very traitorous thing to do, as inno to do that, then act like a smug bitch when somebody kills you and loses their karma for what you did, well, no... just no.

= Some of Aerobro's shit, like last night for example... We were both detective.  I set out a health station, and he starts pushing it into the spike room.  I ask him to stop, since I'm using it - he refuses, I get firmer with my request to stop, then he goes and destroys it - and I can't buy another since you can only buy ONE fucking health station / Detective round.
1)I think that griefing is a form of disrespect and if someone overdoes it then they get kicked and it's up to the VIP/Admin online to set the limit for it.

2) Most of the traps in those maps effect your karma and if they don't then it is not allowed, unless they can be easily avoided(ie. the electric thingy in whitehouse)

3)Destroying the health station can be used as a strategy to prevent enemies to heal from them, it can also be used to mess around but I don't know, I don't see it being that much of a problem nor do the other VIPs/Admins do, unless they're not telling their opinions...

Offline semy32

• Respect: +72
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2012, 09:38:26 AM »

That is a good traitor move.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2012, 10:22:12 AM »
That is a good traitor move.

Problem is when you have a lot of people who are NOT Traitor doing it, and in the example used before, when non-Ts randomly call out someone, then use their denial to RDM that person [especially when said person is a Traitor and gets RDM'd purely for a combination of random callout and completely bullshit excuse to justify killing said person].
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:33:59 AM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2012, 10:31:46 AM »

3)Destroying the health station can be used as a strategy to prevent enemies to heal from them, it can also be used to mess around but I don't know, I don't see it being that much of a problem nor do the other VIPs/Admins do, unless they're not telling their opinions...

I meant, if unclear, that the problem is when others are using it, and some shmuck destroys it/grief with it, who is NOT Traitor.  While I SEE the strategy, I think that you should at least try to coordinate with the detective [if alive] who can give the OK or not, and that common sense should always be used in determining whether or not to do it, and not to just do it for the sake of it with little regard for permission or lack thereof, those using it/trying to use it, etc.

When I made that post, I realized I horrendously forgot to add the IMPORTANT quantifier that I had problems with people who were NOT Traitor doing things like trying to destroy health stations, randomly call out [in a believable fashion, of course] other non-Ts, etc.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2012, 09:58:27 AM »
Strictly IMO:

13. Using map traps(ie the electric trap in ttt_whitehouse) to kill others is allowed, but using them to kill a fellow traitor or a detective when you're innocent is not allowed

:thumbsdown:34

Why let inno-killing-inno, det-killing-det be allowed?

That just OPENS the door for minging and abuse on all levels - from traitor baiting, to just straight up RDMing.

What is the problem with just making it so Ts can kill innos w/ the traps [MAYBE det, inno kill Traitor [or suspect] WITH TONS OF proof,] and that's it?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 10:00:09 AM by Travelsonic »

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2012, 10:05:12 AM »
Strictly IMO:

:thumbsdown:34

Why let inno-killing-inno, det-killing-det be allowed?

That just OPENS the door for minging and abuse on all levels - from traitor baiting, to just straight up RDMing.

What is the problem with just making it so Ts can kill innos w/ the traps [MAYBE det, inno kill Traitor [or suspect] WITH TONS OF proof,] and that's it?

Ignoring the triple post, did you actually read the post at all?

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2012, 12:53:14 PM »
Ignoring the triple post, did you actually read the post at all?

Do you mean previous discussions on this subject?  [if so, not going back through X+1 pages of stuff], or the post I quoted in part? [which, if that, please point out what I missed].

Offline Mehis

• lolbai
  • Respect: +88
« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2012, 02:32:34 AM »
This map is called zs_cave_b3. The only way to get up here is to use a cade kit or be a fast zombie/headcrab. We managed to survive but we could not have done it without a lot of cades(20+) so I think that this could be allowed.
   What you guys think about this?

I totally would allow this.
I don't see how this would affect the ending results. In the end, there will be shit tons of fast zombies to kill you guys. And using some teamwork as zombie would be perfect on that situation. To just attack at the same time...
20+ cades? Wow. When I tried to survive on the feartower's top alone, I died in couple of waves to random pushes by fast zombies. And what you guys did will happen so rarely and cave is a good map. Except the map maker was dumb...

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #207 on: June 16, 2012, 01:03:27 PM »
killing with traps should count like normal kills, if you do it massively, you should get punished by mass rdm.

also instead of saying "you can't do this in the map", we should fix the glitches and/or the places we find unfair but were pretended by the map creator, for example going behind the fence in anchor...

there is no way that is a glitch, that was intended by the map creator.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #208 on: June 16, 2012, 01:15:46 PM »
Okay, let me clarify:
Most of the traps in those maps effect your karma and if they don't then it is not allowed, unless they can be easily avoided(ie. the electric thingy in whitehouse)

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #209 on: June 17, 2012, 07:38:05 AM »
Okay, let me clarify:

Tell that to the group who bitches and moans when you dare say something about minging around with the barrel trap in riches, which doesn't affect your karma [like the laser trap, IIRC], unlike the stair swinging hammer trap, or whatever you call it.

I like that wording, clarification, and agree - if it affects karma, I don't give nearly as much a shit since it fucks them over, traps that doesn't affect karma, well, that's where I've been butting heads the last few days.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:07:37 AM by Travelsonic »