Author Topic: About # of Admins Needed for VIP Approval (READ ENTIRE POST BEFORE COMMENTING)  (Read 309 times)

Offline Moo

• Respect: +413
its not an arguemtn, i agree that not a lot of admisn post, and for that im starting to post, but i dont believe in +-0 if im gonna +-0 i dont post, but you guys want a post, so your right we should post more but if im posting its -1 or +1 cuz -+0 is fkin stupid

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
+1
Oh wow, he actually went and -1nd the apps.

I think sabbath meant that by replying to an app, he meant "At least let the person know you even know his/her app exists, and leave a comment." not "If you dont know the person, -1 the app".

Im fairly certain a +/- 0 would have sufficed.

:L

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
  • Like I'm skatin in the winter
  • Respect: +1040
    • Twatter
see what none of you understand is that 9 admin are on the list because if they post once it means they are actively participating
if they never post, i would never put them up there

also if you have a problem with some admins not posting because they could careless about certain users then we can fix that, i dont mind -1 any post on the vip applications because you all seem to want admins to post and thats what i would post, your wish has been granted, gl receiving VIP

This. I'm not the one who +-0 because that's fucking stupid. It's either a + or a -
The reason why I don't post is because I don't think you deserve VIP therefore I'm not gonna post.
and nah we're pretty up to date with the VIP apps and we constantly check them - and if I see someone who applied who actually deserves to get it, then yes I +1 it. This comes in rarely - I rarely see anyone who I personally think deserves VIP.

I'm sorry I don't whore my +1's around to every VIP app. It's just that I don't think everyone who applies deserves VIP.
So bottom line: When I don't post - it usually means it's a -1. Even if I do post that -1 - it's not gonna count so why bother posting it?
I only +1 apps that I personally and actually want to +1.

Offline Moo

nawnaw not what sabbath said, gamefreak (woops misread name was you sabbath) was upset and wanted all admins to post, and i dont believe all admisn have to post but, im takin that and postin for it and its all good cuz it takes a few seconds for me to post
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 02:36:08 PM by Moo »

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
its not an arguemtn, i agree that not a lot of admisn post, and for that im starting to post, but i dont believe in +-0 if im gonna +-0 i dont post, but you guys want a post, so your right we should post more but if im posting its -1 or +1 cuz -+0 is fkin stupid
I disagree.
When I've posted about +-0 it's always VIP's posting in VIP apps, in that case it IS stupid and unnecessary. Same with Regular.
But in this case, if it's an admin, I think it is quite necessary, because then the person applying KNOWS their application isn't just being ignored by everyone, which I was wondering about when I applied.

EDIT:
You're all getting the main idea of the suggestion wrong.
The whole point of me suggesting it is for basically what I explained above.
It's simply to know that people are actually acknowledging your application, and not ignoring it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 02:34:23 PM by SabbathFreak »

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Moo

theres a difference between ignored and not having anything to say, wahts the point of posting +-0 when you have nothign to say and its the same thing

posting a -1 can tell the person oh this guy doesnt like me, i should see whats up... maybe he put a description why or a good reason why

posting a +1 can tellt he person oh shit hes cool with me

having +-0 or whatever tells the person what... NOTHING

not posting tells the person what... NOTHING

anything look close?

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
Ehh.

Leaving a -/+0 at least lets the person know that individual looked over the app.

Leaving a -1 makes them feel that they aren't liked, or did something wrong.

Offline Moo

leaving a +-0 tells person it was opened up, not looked over

leaving a -1 is exactly what i said -.-'

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
The system is simple enough..

Whether or not an admin posts -1, 0, or nothing at all, only the positive votes are counted: It acts the same way, it would not changed the fairness.

Since the nine admins are active, not posting means they have nothing to say about that particular applicant.

There is a time frame in place for applications to be locked if they are not approved.

If they wish, at anytime during or after the application process, applicants can contact the admins for reasons why they have not posted on the application.

The system is setup in a way where VIP privileges are hard to get because of the responsibility behind those privileges.
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

theres a difference between ignored and not having anything to say, wahts the point of posting +-0 when you have nothign to say and its the same thing

posting a -1 can tell the person oh this guy doesnt like me, i should see whats up... maybe he put a description why or a good reason why

posting a +1 can tellt he person oh shit hes cool with me

having +-0 or whatever tells the person what... NOTHING

not posting tells the person what... NOTHING

anything look close?
What Death said.
+-0 tells the person applying that their application was ACKNOWLEDGED.
When you skip past the application, because say, you don't have an opinion on them, sure it might NOT be really contributing to the approval or disapproval of their application, but it gives the idea that the application is just being ignored.
THIS IS NOT REALLY TO HELP THE PERSON APPLYING GET APPROVED OR NOT, IT IS MORE SO TO LET THEM KNOW THEIR APP IS NOT BEING IGNORED, THAT PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING IT.

EDIT:
Okay, OP should be re-worded and edited then, by "fair" I was referring some of the admins not actually posting on applications, and making it seem like they're just completely ignoring them and clicking the "marked all unread posts as read" button when they see an application.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 02:39:35 PM by SabbathFreak »

Offline Moo

you dont understand, the application IS BEING IGNORED +-0 OR NOT, shit dont matter a +-0 MEANS NOTHING, same as NOT POSTING, you can say oh shit he ooked at my app and put +-0 shit dont matter, coolz believes that -1 dont count, i think they do means a hell of a lot more than +-0

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
+1
Uh. Give me a sec.

Leaving a -/+ 0 tells the person "I don't know you very well, or heard anything commendable about you."

While leaving nothing gives the impression of "They didnt look over my app, so that must mean they are ignoring me for some reason."

It's also a good thing for the admins to read what others have to say about the player.

For all the applicant knows, the admin who never posted just saw the app in the /update.php, and thought "I dunno this guy" and completely ignore it, while posting in the app at least says "I saw your app, and know what others said about you, but I dont feel it's enough of a comendation."

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

Okay, my entire point here is that contributing a +-0 IS actually contributing to the person who applied, because it lets them know that you have actually ACKNOWLEDGED their application.
Sure, it doesn't help their app get approved, so?
Say an admin that normally would have +1'd your application just didn't see it and noticed that you applied, but if they did see it they would +1. Maybe they weren't as active on the forum and missed it. If everyone else has contributed a +, -, or 0, but they haven't, you'd know that maybe they just didn't see it then.

Again, my intentions of the thread were in no way to get into an argument or something, I just thought it was a good idea, and if it were implemented people would probably be more likely to apply. This is a big reason why I haven't re-applied again, because it just seems like admins are simply not looking at applications at all in the first place and not acknowledging who applied.
If you don't think this is a significant point, just lock the thread, otherwise the only thing anyone will get out of the thread is a couple -1 and a heated argument.

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
  • Like I'm skatin in the winter
  • Respect: +1040
    • Twatter
the VIP apps are being looked at - we have other shit to do and we can't constantly "Let you know that we're looking at your app" because we are - we're up to date with the apps and we know whos applying and who deserves it or not.

But bottom line is: WE ARE LOOKING AT THEM. we don't have to let you know if we're looking at it - just fucking PM us and ask if we've seen it and most of the time we'll say yes we have.

Offline Moo

you dont get that it doesnt matter, we can look at whatever we want, you dont know what we look at, you dont know anything

if you want more admins to post so you can have giddy good feelings about urself for getting a post THEN SAY IT

because in the end none of that shit matters, what matters is whats being +1 or -1

your trying to say oh man we deserve a post, shit u dont deserve anything and if you did you will get a post

but now that people are complaining no ones posting we should post and that post shouldnt be filled with +-0 cuz what happens, NOTHING

u dont understand the end outcome its all the fucking same

if +-0 changed chances of someone getting vip then fuck man do it BUT IT DOESNT just like NOT POSTING