Author Topic: About # of Admins Needed for VIP Approval (READ ENTIRE POST BEFORE COMMENTING)  (Read 309 times)

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
As the title says, I think the number of admins needed for VIP approval needs a slight change?
I just think it's now TOO hard to get approved, where as before it was too easy.

Now, I don't mean lowering the number of admins needed to +1 the app before being approved, I think there is another solution as well. (that would work as well though)
I noticed that very little admins out of the 9 that are supposed to comment on applications actually give their opinion. Not even a + or - at all.
So, it might be that the admins are not checking the apps enough? Or maybe they just don't want to post on it, because maybe they wish to remain neutral. I understand this, but despite that, I think admins MUST either contribute a +, -, or 0 on ALL VIP applications that come in. This makes it a lot easier for people to A) understand why or why not the majority of people want them VIP or not, and B) IF the majority of people even want them to become VIP or not.

I think this will give people a MUCH better chance of becoming VIP, and will be a lot more fair.
Also, if an admin can't, or doesn't want to +, -, or 0 all VIP apps, then they should be taken off of the list, because chances are, they are only commenting on very little applications as it is.

I also don't think that any VIP application should be locked UNTIL ALL admins comment on it, and if there's an admin or admins not commenting on the application, that their vote should alter the per cent-age of votes needed on the application. In other words, lowering the amount of +1's needed on that application, otherwise it would be unfair to the person applying.

This would also eliminate confusion for why people would be unapproved to become VIP.
I think this is really necessary at the moment, because there are very little amount of VIPs, and since that update of the amount of admins to +1 an application for it to be approved, there has been very little, if any, VIP applications approved.
So, overall, I think this would be very beneficial.
Discuss.

TL;DR?: GTFO, READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE COMMENTING, DON'T ASSUME WHAT I AM SUGGESTING.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. It's a bit frustrating to never know why there's 9 "active" VIP approvers but you never see more than 4 or 5 post on an application.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. It's a bit frustrating to never know why there's 9 "active" VIP approvers but you never see more than 4 or 5 post on an application.
Yup.
And I've been thinking of making this topic for a while now, and finally did decide to post it now, because I'm thinking of having another go at a VIP app, and there are some other people applying soon that I think should be VIP as well, but I just don't see anyone getting 6 approves on any app with the way applications are currently handled.

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
  • Respect: +782
    • MagiCorp

if only 4-5 post then it should be 4-5 active approvers, not 9 o.0

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

if only 4-5 post then it should be 4-5 active approvers, not 9 o.0
Yup.
6 +1's to get approved, out of 9.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
+1
Not pointing fingers, but 4 out of the 9 only commented on less than two apps.

:L

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
I got Loobin to comment on my old one, take that nigras.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
+1

...and then got demoted.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
    View More Badges!

...and then got demoted.
:trollface:

Yeah, just like you!

Oh, wait...

you never got V.I.P.! :trollface:

I'm okay with the idea of a different approval method. Maybe not what was proposed, but yes a change.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

Bitch please, commented on mine too, nigra.

Offline Moo

• Respect: +413
see what none of you understand is that 9 admin are on the list because if they post once it means they are actively participating
if they never post, i would never put them up there

also if you have a problem with some admins not posting because they could careless about certain users then we can fix that, i dont mind -1 any post on the vip applications because you all seem to want admins to post and thats what i would post, your wish has been granted, gl receiving VIP

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

see what none of you understand is that 9 admin are on the list because if they post once it means they are actively participating

also if you have a problem with some admins not posting because they could careless about certain users then we can fix that, i dont mind -1 any post on the vip applications because you all seem to want admins to post and thats what i would post, your wish has been granted, gl receiving VIP
Don't take it so negatively :/.
And honestly, I would really prefer a -1 instead of no reply to my application, to know you're not just ignoring it, and that may be just me.
And hell, Moo... you said it yourself a while ago that it wouldn't be a bad idea to make some sort of change to the VIP application system because so many fewer people are applying for VIP, and even fewer receiving VIP.

Don't just go and -1 every application that you weren't going to post on originally JUST because I made this thread and offered a completely legit suggestion to help... unless you honestly think they shouldn't get VIP.

My intentions of the thread was not to annoy anyone, or point out mistakes that anyone made... I never implied or meant to come across that way.
I never once even said that the admins that ore on the list should be taken off or not have been put on the list in the first place.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 02:21:49 PM by SabbathFreak »

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
    View More Badges!

Haha, oh wow.

Offline Moo

• Respect: +413
naw u asked for reply on every vip app, and its cool i can reply on it, and so can most admins, if its an applciation they see they dont care about, they will post

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

naw u asked for reply on every vip app, and its cool i can reply on it, and so can most admins, if its an applciation they see they dont care about, they will post
Yes, but you seemed to have skipped the "+, - OR 0" part.
You don't need to try to turn everything someone says around just to troll or make an argument you know.