Author Topic: Replacing ttt (round 2)  (Read 789 times)

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +377
Re: Replacing ttt (round 2)
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2013, 11:50:06 AM »
shouldn't it be gmod in general that got us bored of it?

Offline Lazord

• Windows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm nobody! Who are you? Are you nobody, too?
  • Respect: +60
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2013, 05:33:42 PM »
shouldn't it be gmod in general that got us bored of it?
Yeah, I think overall everyone just got bored of Gmod so I guess TTT is not the only thing to blame.

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 06:07:56 AM »
+4
Yeah, I think overall everyone just got bored of Gmod so I guess TTT is not the only thing to blame.
Then why the fuck is everyone playing on FrozenHeart's TTT server

Offline This Cactus

• Windows UserApple UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• im gey~ | I'm just an average kid who likes gaming
  • Respect: +274
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 07:13:13 AM »
+1
Frost starts this thread<
Frost invites others to FHG<
Thanks gamefreak!

Offline Cheesy Sandwich

• Wave good-night to de white folks, 'DEWLLA!
  • Respect: +83
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013, 08:27:07 AM »
Frost starts this thread<
Frost invites others to FHG<

Yeas this

I miss playin TTT with everyone

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

• Please gather round while I detonate the bomb.
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2013, 07:52:27 PM »
+1
It's funny Chris... the server you mentioned was also getting regular Rnd's flocking to it back when it was called "mind the mod" and "downtimegames" honestly I see no reason that it's happening other than those who come there complaining about the staff here which begs to question why not a better server or just quit this tedium of a game all together.

Oh... And Chris please don't name our server here, I understand your frustration but there is no reason to name names like that when it's not the server owners' nor any of it's board members intention for the events that are happening.

Idea: why don't we all sit down, smoke a pipe and think back to what we believe started this downhill slide and share war stories. Hell actually a story server would be crazy enough to work like a clubhouse... oh wait *looks at forums* umm how about advertising that you don't and proudly don't have a pointshop. How about having a thread where we can bitch about who we don't particularly like... oh anonyboard... ummmmmmm
-Hibernating till summer-

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »
It's funny Chris... the server you mentioned was also getting regular Rnd's flocking to it back when it was called "mind the mod" and "downtimegames" honestly I see no reason that it's happening other than those who come there complaining about the staff here which begs to question why not a better server or just quit this tedium of a game all together.

Oh... And Chris please don't name our server here, I understand your frustration but there is no reason to name names like that when it's not the server owners' nor any of it's board members intention for the events that are happening.

Idea: why don't we all sit down, smoke a pipe and think back to what we believe started this downhill slide and share war stories. Hell actually a story server would be crazy enough to work like a clubhouse... oh wait *looks at forums* umm how about advertising that you don't and proudly don't have a pointshop. How about having a thread where we can bitch about who we don't particularly like... oh anonyboard... ummmmmmm

It's really not that hard to get along guys.  If you don't want to play, don't.  If you don't like a community, don't join it.  I like playing TTT, no matter where.  If RND removes their TTT server, I'll play on another one.  Just please, don't whine at each other over stuff like this.

Off-topic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

• Please gather round while I detonate the bomb.
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013, 11:23:07 PM »
+1
wow I did post that didn't I...
Sorry I was a little "impaired" when I read through, getting messages that someone from here was on raging our staff about how we we're killing this server.

Back on topic though If their was a sort of ingame score contest it'd add a little flavor nothing overzelous but a motivator to play to be "#1" or something like that. I've read the pointshop idea way to many times and while I wouldn't do it just to save the headache from those who oppose it... it's got it's own merit as again it'd add something but not sure if it'd be beneficial.

As for removing TTT well tf2 is again popular just that it already has so many servers. My CS gungame idea could work but it'd frequently be empty. A cs:go server might be interesting but thats kinda fallen into tf2's paradox, survival was fun but the trees were killer, sandbox has promise still kinda. Dark RP might be the only thing that could ever kill this server...after all rp is a disease. deathrun might be fun but again likely empty often. zombiemaster would be sweet but kinda a niche now.zambie survival was fun but rarely had players and when it did they were dragged into ttt or left when they died. If only there was a hackers vs Admins gamemmode that would hit multiple audiences :D... anygame that requires bots typically has a niche crowd. Dayz would be funny as hell especially if rbN did what he usually does.... *rants on and on about possible ideas then dies of old age*

I guess if we really wanna get rid of TTT here, finding out a game/gamemode that the majority actually like and would have time to play would be more beneficial rather than just the let's be rid of it cause it's empty when I join reason. I mean I was having fun in ttt until my idiot friend failed a forced rcon selfban and took us both down >_<
-Hibernating till summer-

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2013, 05:11:46 AM »

i dont get paid enough for this

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2013, 05:58:10 AM »
wow I did post that didn't I...
Sorry I was a little "impaired" when I read through, getting messages that someone from here was on raging our staff about how we we're killing this server.
Didn't really mean anything negative towards you guys, was pointing out to the people saying "Everyone's bored of GMod" isn't exactly true and TTT IS to blame.

Offline BJ_Cumstain

• Windows UserLeague PlayerCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Former Gametracker #1 TTT Player
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2013, 02:28:54 PM »
+1
IMO TTT is on of the BEST game modes of GMOD, I love going on Traitorous rampages just to get it ended by the fail source ladders. When i first joined this community the thing that set rNd apart was the custom weapons but now almost every server has a vast selection of weapons. So there is really nothing ATM setting us appart from other servers. So we need to either try our luck with another game mode or try to add some things to our TTT server that would set us appart and keep the people coming.

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2013, 02:36:43 PM »
IMO TTT is on of the BEST game modes of GMOD, I love going on Traitorous rampages just to get it ended by the fail source ladders. When i first joined this community the thing that set rNd apart was the custom weapons but now almost every server has a vast selection of weapons. So there is really nothing ATM setting us appart from other servers. So we need to either try our luck with another game mode or try to add some things to our TTT server that would set us appart and keep the people coming.

*cough cough* jihad bomb.  I would really like to see a new thing that restores the server to its former glory.  I strongly oppose taking it down.

Offline BJ_Cumstain

• Windows UserLeague PlayerCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Former Gametracker #1 TTT Player
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2013, 02:40:11 PM »
*cough cough* jihad bomb.  I would really like to see a new thing that restores the server to its former glory.  I strongly oppose taking it down.
Since almost every TTT server has a Jihad bomb. I dont think that would be of any help.

Offline This Cactus

• Windows UserApple UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• im gey~ | I'm just an average kid who likes gaming
  • Respect: +274
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »

or add the slots of players to join, that seems to work on others... why not we give it a try..?
Thanks gamefreak!

Offline Lazord

• Windows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm nobody! Who are you? Are you nobody, too?
  • Respect: +60
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2013, 08:47:14 PM »
I suppose some people has gone on Gmod (recently) to play at least son of my friends. Though I don't see a reason to blame TTT for killing rNd. Awhile back we all didn't play TTT nor did we  play on Gmod either. In my opinion there are many reasons why rNd is dying, and my reason is that people not playing TTT isn't a reason why we are dying. I don't see how having a TTT server could be one of the factors to rNd's downfall.