.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Suggestions => Topic started by: FrostBound on September 14, 2013, 08:33:53 AM

Title: Replacing ttt (round 2)
Post by: FrostBound on September 14, 2013, 08:33:53 AM
Ok, even though the vote passed to keep ttt, i still see no players on it aside from the regular "few" players.
So i vote we move ttt to fretta or remove it all together and replace it with a more popular gamemode to attract more players, since ttt is basicly dead most of the time, aside from the random players who come and go.
Most of our members dont even go to ttt anymore. No one who voted to keep it even plays on the server, they just go play something else
Getting a new, more popular gamemode would attract more players and we would surely see more server activity from our own members.
I don't really see the need for an empty ttt server.
Title: Re: Replacing ttt (round 2)
Post by: Viole on September 14, 2013, 08:40:59 AM
I agree, as the Fretta server is full a lot more than TTT, it would be a waste to have an empty server.
Post by: Gigio12121 on September 14, 2013, 08:42:02 AM
I'd say move it to Fretta, plenty of people play it more than TTT and like Frost said, no one other than a small group play it at a time, and it isn't very frequent either, it's basically a ghost server 80-90% of the time.
Post by: Tiger Guy on September 14, 2013, 08:42:40 AM
If TTT is changed, please put it into fretta, or I'll cry bitch tears.
Post by: Sabb on September 14, 2013, 08:48:09 AM
The way I see the situation is that a lot of people are wanting TTT moved as you said "for a more popular gamemode" but the issue is that TTT is actually still the most popular gamemode on Gmod, or at least one of the most. It's just died down in popularity for RND. So if we could get a gamemode that would get more people playing it more frequently, I'd be all for that. I don't think TTT needs to stay up any more necessarily but I decided I'm not wholeheartedly going to support this until I or someone else can think of a suitable gamemode for it to be replaced with, which is the hard part. That or if coolz decides he simply doesn't want the server up any more.
And before people say it, I think DarkRP is still not an option.
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on September 14, 2013, 08:50:45 AM
It upsets me how everyone who voted to keep it and posted their "reasons" in that thread just went on and never looked back at the server again. I myself had agreed to it at one point, until i went on for 10 minutes and kept telling people to not RDM until i had to voteban a couple of people, causing people to leave and the server to just die out for the rest of the month. The server is either always empty - or full of RDMers and Ghosters apart from the few people who regularly USED to play, i wouldn't want to have a server which no one could have fun in. TTT lost it's game long ago, it's simply not as fun as it used to be anymore now that everyone quit. No matter what you do anymore you can't populate the server at all, like the OP said, people just come and leave without even playing at all. I think every single gamemode in that suggestion thread was better than TTT, yet just because a couple of people more voted no because they think our TTT server is something "special" and is somekind of treasure, then wanted to keep it and not play it at all even. The server doesn't sit there for show people, it's meant to be played and enjoyed, which i think TTT fails at miserably right now.
Post by: Samo on September 14, 2013, 09:09:53 AM
He's right, sadly. Only a few of the TTT regulars still try to populate the server and that never lasts, instead becoming a 3 man deathmatch until someone leaves.
I know it's sad but the short wave of new players suddenly disappeared many weeks back. Remember, it can always return.

Just to confirm, do we show up on the serverlist now? If not we're just a private server.

Post by: blαh2355 on September 14, 2013, 09:56:38 AM
Unfortunately school and sports keep me away from games most of the time now. My timezone is difficult to play on the servers as people usually get on at late afternoon or night. If TTT really needs to move, then at least move it to Fretta.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 14, 2013, 12:41:15 PM
I went on the server yesterday and got some players on the server. After about an hour we had 10+ people for 4 hours.(The server even maxed out at one point. There were a lot of people.) The only reason that changed, is because the server went offline. I only had to kick like 2 people as well which was nice.

Most people don't go on TTT because no one is on it. If people go on they will go on. Use the announcements on the group page to try and get more people.(Only one joined from it, but it's better than none.)

If we could get TTT played regularly, we would maybe be able to get it active again.

I vote no on replacing it. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Post by: coolzeldad on September 14, 2013, 03:00:10 PM
I went on the server yesterday and got some players on the server. After about an hour we had 10+ people for 4 hours.(The server even maxed out at one point. There were a lot of people.)

I can back this up, we actually had a really good player count for a few hours yesterday.

(http://images.randomgs.com/servers/goodplayercount.png)

Post by: yoshi on September 14, 2013, 03:47:23 PM
fuck it, just replace it.
Post by: Sabb on September 14, 2013, 04:07:22 PM
Either no one seems to read my comments or no one understands what I'm saying so I'll just directly suggest people give a positive solution rather than simply say 'something needs to be different.' In other words, find a good gamemode that would potentially bring a significant amount of more activity to the server.

I have seen TTT get quite popular at certain times and do check if I'm on Gmod or will simply look at the information on the main page, and don't think it's as terrible as some people want to say. I can't entirely blame people for thinking it's dead though because compared to what it used to be it really is quite dead, but that simply happens. But at least give some alternatives, nothing gets done otherwise.
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on September 14, 2013, 04:31:35 PM
Either no one seems to read my comments or no one understands what I'm saying so I'll just directly suggest people give a positive solution rather than simply say 'something needs to be different.' In other words, find a good gamemode that would potentially bring a significant amount of more activity to the server.

I have seen TTT get quite popular at certain times and do check if I'm on Gmod or will simply look at the information on the main page, and don't think it's as terrible as some people want to say. I can't entirely blame people for thinking it's dead though because compared to what it used to be it really is quite dead, but that simply happens. But at least give some alternatives, nothing gets done otherwise.

You posted yours while i was typing mine out lmao

I don't think the times when people are on even comes close to making up for how long it stays empty, in my opinion. But i think ZS/Sledbuild or even WS would be good choices because ZS/SB server lists don't even come CLOSE to having as much servers as TTT does. TTT has close to 1K servers while both Slebuild and Zombie Survival don't have any more than 40 servers and still have many players. As for WS it would probably have it's own server list where if we got a couple of people on we could easily get it populated because it would be more noticable than TTT in the sea of endless other TTT servers.
Post by: BJ_Cumstain on September 14, 2013, 05:16:08 PM

I don't think the times when people are on even comes close to making up for how long it stays empty, in my opinion. But i think ZS/Sledbuild or even WS would be good choices because ZS/SB server lists don't even come CLOSE to having as much servers as TTT does. TTT has close to 1K servers while both Slebuild and Zombie Survival don't have any more than 40 servers and still have many players. As for WS it would probably have it's own server list where if we got a couple of people on we could easily get it populated because it would be more noticable than TTT in the sea of endless other TTT servers.
I myself have nerver actually played WS and I would love to play.

If TTT is going to be removed then I do agree to move it fretta until players start to miss it, then if decided upon it could just be reinstated
Post by: Sabb on September 14, 2013, 07:11:55 PM

Those are pretty much the only suggestions I could come up with as well, but ignoring how much I'd personally want any of those, I don't think people will be willing to play them. ZS died off soo badly just like TTT is. WS same situation though it'd often get a few people on semi-frequently. Sledbuild is just no, same situation as WS but even more time totally empty from what I'd see. Though when it did have people it'd somewhat often get an alright number in there, but not enough for me to want it again.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 15, 2013, 12:34:32 AM
I can back this up, we actually had a really good player count for a few hours yesterday.

(http://images.randomgs.com/servers/goodplayercount.png)

Me and tiger guy did it today too. ;)
Server was full for a bit as well.
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on September 15, 2013, 11:53:18 AM
Those are pretty much the only suggestions I could come up with as well, but ignoring how much I'd personally want any of those, I don't think people will be willing to play them. ZS died off soo badly just like TTT is. WS same situation though it'd often get a few people on semi-frequently. Sledbuild is just no, same situation as WS but even more time totally empty from what I'd see. Though when it did have people it'd somewhat often get an alright number in there, but not enough for me to want it again.

You do have some points, but like i said in my previous post, there isn't nearly as much Zombie Survival (and maybe Slebuild servers) as there used to be. It would surely be a lot easier to populate them if they were to replace it due to it not being between hundreds of other servers like TTT is right now. And if it doesn't work out we could switch it out and bring back TTT easily.
And about WS, it would probably be the same case but I'm not entirely sure how it would go as we would probably have the only WS server on the gamemode list (assuming there isn't other WS servers).
Post by: Fenix on September 15, 2013, 06:33:59 PM
Winter Survival for Fretta.  :fullheart:
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on September 16, 2013, 02:21:44 AM
Winter Survival for Fretta.  :fullheart:
Basically put everything we can't host on fretta, lul
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on October 06, 2013, 06:17:53 AM
Sorry for bump and double post but, Magic's ZS server was pretty popular once he put it up despite being broken and buggy as shit. Now if we actually made a stable ZS server with some cool little modifications here and there it would be even better, and I'd give all my spare time into populating it because almost no one ever joins TTT anymore no matter how many times i invite them, and I've been inviting everyone left and right for a couple of days now and it usually always ends up with 2-3 people, then the server either crashes for no reason or one of us leaves followed by the rest.
Post by: Dark Pacifist on October 14, 2013, 12:54:31 PM
Well it could very well be that since ttt has a hell of a lot more servers now people are either getting bored or migrating to explore. Honestly I couldn't think of a better gamemode...

Is it too late to suggest gungame CS:S or similar for gmod? It'd be fun and I'd be on failing at killing as often as possible
Post by: yoshi on October 17, 2013, 04:13:10 PM
I think it's time to move on now.

We will never get great moments like this even if we tried
president conference 2013 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5uJyD_OBSk#ws)
Post by: Monorail Cat on October 17, 2013, 06:59:23 PM
A little late getting around to this, but I have been away from a good computer for 110 days.  We just unpacked the moving truck into our new house, so I should be able to get back to chugging out TTT rounds and much more very soon.  I would hate to see TTT go away or be moved. BIIIIIIG  :thumbsdown: from me.

EDIT:
However, I will not be on constantly during the week, due to school.  After early November, I'll be much, much more open. 
Post by: Tortie on October 17, 2013, 08:47:58 PM
I think it's time to move on now.

We will never get great moments like this even if we tried
president conference 2013 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5uJyD_OBSk#ws)
i'm pretty sure i'm the one who stabbed you. sorry
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on October 18, 2013, 04:45:54 AM
A little late getting around to this, but I have been away from a good computer for 110 days.  We just unpacked the moving truck into our new house, so I should be able to get back to chugging out TTT rounds and much more very soon.  I would hate to see TTT go away or be moved. BIIIIIIG  :thumbsdown: from me.

EDIT:
However, I will not be on constantly during the week, due to school.  After early November, I'll be much, much more open.
I hope you at least read through the posts.
A single person coming on won't change anything, and I've pretty much given up at trying to populate the servers we currently have at this point, and started focusing more on my studies. I also think you should consider what's best for everyone before giving your vote. People need to accept the fact that our TTT server is pretty much empty 24/7 now, people are going to come on and complain for the lack of custom TTT content then proceed to join their other server with 2GB of downloads, the only people that used to populate it either left/joined another server or are just playing some other game. It's pretty obvious that almost everyone is tired of TTT now and want something else, keeping the TTT server won't do anyone good, unless you like playing alone in TTT. Ofcourse, there's a chance of all the work put on ZS going to waste and the server being empty, much like Fretta has, but I've said countless times before, ZS still has many players with not that many servers, and I think this is a good time to bring back ZS. I'd rather take my chances and replace TTT rather than sit and watch it continue dying, if it hasn't already.
Post by: TehHank on October 18, 2013, 06:25:16 AM
This is my fondest moment around the time the server started to decline  :'(

hank.avi (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_kupRTe_Rk#)
Post by: blαh2355 on October 18, 2013, 02:37:52 PM
All of our servers are mostly dead nowadays. RnD is almost dead. :(
Post by: Viole on October 18, 2013, 03:40:22 PM
I would play, but nobody on my friends list goes on GMOD... so I don't really want to play alone...
Post by: coolzeldad on October 19, 2013, 12:27:53 AM

blah pls
Post by: BJ_Cumstain on October 19, 2013, 01:52:51 AM
pls no  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Post by: yoshi on October 20, 2013, 11:50:06 AM
shouldn't it be gmod in general that got us bored of it?
Post by: Lazord on October 20, 2013, 05:33:42 PM
shouldn't it be gmod in general that got us bored of it?
Yeah, I think overall everyone just got bored of Gmod so I guess TTT is not the only thing to blame.
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on October 23, 2013, 06:07:56 AM
Yeah, I think overall everyone just got bored of Gmod so I guess TTT is not the only thing to blame.
Then why the fuck is everyone playing on FrozenHeart's TTT server
Post by: This Cactus on October 23, 2013, 07:13:13 AM
Frost starts this thread<
Frost invites others to FHG<
Post by: Cheesy Sandwich on October 23, 2013, 08:27:07 AM
Frost starts this thread<
Frost invites others to FHG<

Yeas this

I miss playin TTT with everyone
Post by: Dark Pacifist on October 24, 2013, 07:52:27 PM
It's funny Chris... the server you mentioned was also getting regular Rnd's flocking to it back when it was called "mind the mod" and "downtimegames" honestly I see no reason that it's happening other than those who come there complaining about the staff here which begs to question why not a better server or just quit this tedium of a game all together.

Oh... And Chris please don't name our server here, I understand your frustration but there is no reason to name names like that when it's not the server owners' nor any of it's board members intention for the events that are happening.

Idea: why don't we all sit down, smoke a pipe and think back to what we believe started this downhill slide and share war stories. Hell actually a story server would be crazy enough to work like a clubhouse... oh wait *looks at forums* umm how about advertising that you don't and proudly don't have a pointshop. How about having a thread where we can bitch about who we don't particularly like... oh anonyboard... ummmmmmm
Post by: Monorail Cat on October 24, 2013, 09:13:29 PM
It's funny Chris... the server you mentioned was also getting regular Rnd's flocking to it back when it was called "mind the mod" and "downtimegames" honestly I see no reason that it's happening other than those who come there complaining about the staff here which begs to question why not a better server or just quit this tedium of a game all together.

Oh... And Chris please don't name our server here, I understand your frustration but there is no reason to name names like that when it's not the server owners' nor any of it's board members intention for the events that are happening.

Idea: why don't we all sit down, smoke a pipe and think back to what we believe started this downhill slide and share war stories. Hell actually a story server would be crazy enough to work like a clubhouse... oh wait *looks at forums* umm how about advertising that you don't and proudly don't have a pointshop. How about having a thread where we can bitch about who we don't particularly like... oh anonyboard... ummmmmmm

It's really not that hard to get along guys.  If you don't want to play, don't.  If you don't like a community, don't join it.  I like playing TTT, no matter where.  If RND removes their TTT server, I'll play on another one.  Just please, don't whine at each other over stuff like this.

Off-topic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Post by: Dark Pacifist on October 24, 2013, 11:23:07 PM
wow I did post that didn't I...
Sorry I was a little "impaired" when I read through, getting messages that someone from here was on raging our staff about how we we're killing this server.

Back on topic though If their was a sort of ingame score contest it'd add a little flavor nothing overzelous but a motivator to play to be "#1" or something like that. I've read the pointshop idea way to many times and while I wouldn't do it just to save the headache from those who oppose it... it's got it's own merit as again it'd add something but not sure if it'd be beneficial.

As for removing TTT well tf2 is again popular just that it already has so many servers. My CS gungame idea could work but it'd frequently be empty. A cs:go server might be interesting but thats kinda fallen into tf2's paradox, survival was fun but the trees were killer, sandbox has promise still kinda. Dark RP might be the only thing that could ever kill this server...after all rp is a disease. deathrun might be fun but again likely empty often. zombiemaster would be sweet but kinda a niche now.zambie survival was fun but rarely had players and when it did they were dragged into ttt or left when they died. If only there was a hackers vs Admins gamemmode that would hit multiple audiences :D... anygame that requires bots typically has a niche crowd. Dayz would be funny as hell especially if rbN did what he usually does.... *rants on and on about possible ideas then dies of old age*

I guess if we really wanna get rid of TTT here, finding out a game/gamemode that the majority actually like and would have time to play would be more beneficial rather than just the let's be rid of it cause it's empty when I join reason. I mean I was having fun in ttt until my idiot friend failed a forced rcon selfban and took us both down >_<
Post by: Sabb on October 25, 2013, 05:11:46 AM

i dont get paid enough for this
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on October 25, 2013, 05:58:10 AM
wow I did post that didn't I...
Sorry I was a little "impaired" when I read through, getting messages that someone from here was on raging our staff about how we we're killing this server.
Didn't really mean anything negative towards you guys, was pointing out to the people saying "Everyone's bored of GMod" isn't exactly true and TTT IS to blame.
Post by: BJ_Cumstain on October 25, 2013, 02:28:54 PM
IMO TTT is on of the BEST game modes of GMOD, I love going on Traitorous rampages just to get it ended by the fail source ladders. When i first joined this community the thing that set rNd apart was the custom weapons but now almost every server has a vast selection of weapons. So there is really nothing ATM setting us appart from other servers. So we need to either try our luck with another game mode or try to add some things to our TTT server that would set us appart and keep the people coming.
Post by: Monorail Cat on October 25, 2013, 02:36:43 PM
IMO TTT is on of the BEST game modes of GMOD, I love going on Traitorous rampages just to get it ended by the fail source ladders. When i first joined this community the thing that set rNd apart was the custom weapons but now almost every server has a vast selection of weapons. So there is really nothing ATM setting us appart from other servers. So we need to either try our luck with another game mode or try to add some things to our TTT server that would set us appart and keep the people coming.

*cough cough* jihad bomb.  I would really like to see a new thing that restores the server to its former glory.  I strongly oppose taking it down.
Post by: BJ_Cumstain on October 25, 2013, 02:40:11 PM
*cough cough* jihad bomb.  I would really like to see a new thing that restores the server to its former glory.  I strongly oppose taking it down.
Since almost every TTT server has a Jihad bomb. I dont think that would be of any help.
Post by: This Cactus on October 25, 2013, 05:13:37 PM

or add the slots of players to join, that seems to work on others... why not we give it a try..?
Post by: Lazord on October 25, 2013, 08:47:14 PM
I suppose some people has gone on Gmod (recently) to play at least son of my friends. Though I don't see a reason to blame TTT for killing rNd. Awhile back we all didn't play TTT nor did we  play on Gmod either. In my opinion there are many reasons why rNd is dying, and my reason is that people not playing TTT isn't a reason why we are dying. I don't see how having a TTT server could be one of the factors to rNd's downfall.
Post by: Monorail Cat on October 25, 2013, 09:34:12 PM
I suppose some people has gone on Gmod (recently) to play at least son of my friends. Though I don't see a reason to blame TTT for killing rNd. Awhile back we all didn't play TTT nor did we  play on Gmod either. In my opinion there are many reasons why rNd is dying, and my reason is that people not playing TTT isn't a reason why we are dying. I don't see how having a TTT server could be one of the factors to rNd's downfall.

I know exactly why we are dying.  People are growing up, the original community base is starting to get old and leave.  People start working more, and they start realizing that gaming shouldn't take up their lives.  Also, people may just simply want to explore new communities.  It's different for everyone, but it happens.  I have not become fully thrown into this yet, but I expect to be someday.  It's inevitable; it happens with every community.  Although many people will stop playing, others will break off and start their own communities.  It's the "Great Community" cycle.  It's a sad fact, but it will always happen.
Post by: yoshi on October 25, 2013, 11:12:10 PM
IMO TTT is on of the BEST game modes of GMOD

Green Shift 2 will soon take that crown. I would play TTT EVEN MORE if it wasn't using garry's shitty css weapon base, I can't stand how they shoot.
It's actually many of the reason why I rage quit randomly.
Post by: Tortie on October 26, 2013, 01:04:50 AM
Wait, the thing the set rnd apart was the custom weapons?
Post by: Lazord on October 26, 2013, 01:13:27 AM
Idk, I think the thing that set rNd apart was the fun members that you play with. I also think rNd's server rules better than most of the other servers. The custom weapons were just a bonus to me.
Post by: HideoKojima on October 26, 2013, 03:20:48 AM
Honestly felt like Harsh Karma and no slay was the thing that set the server apart.

And it was vanillaish.
Post by: Samo on October 26, 2013, 04:37:21 AM
I'd say that the constant server crashing at the most inconvenient times were the worst. People wouldn't join because they knew it would crash and then become a waste of their time.

We didn't really stay because the server had/didn't have ________, we stayed because we liked being with the other players. I still talk/play with other RND members.

Now many members have moved to more active servers, bringing others along with them. Ehh... what can we do?
Post by: TehHank on October 26, 2013, 08:34:20 AM
Not to point the blame at Coolzedad (because i am sure he had serious things to deal with during that time), but i still reckon that massive server downtime a whileback killed most of the active server population on all servers, with TTT's regular population dimishing the last.
Post by: HideoKojima on October 26, 2013, 12:21:22 PM
Not to point the blame at Coolzedad (because i am sure he had serious things to deal with during that time), but i still reckon that massive server downtime a whileback killed most of the active server population on all servers, with TTT's regular population dimishing the last.

I'd say it did make it less popular, though the temp server was quite popular. (But it was never like the regular server where we had to wait to join sometimes.) It was still pretty popular when the servers came back.

The last 7ish months when summer came is when it started to die. Which is weird because summer is when people have time, so you think it woulda brought more people. I don't know what made people stop coming. Maybe it's partly what Samo said. The servers crash randomly sometimes, and even if we want to get back on, we can't because they don't come back for a good while.
Post by: coolzeldad on October 27, 2013, 04:29:56 AM
Hmm, well just food for thought.

I have had this same discussion with people for the past 7 going on 8 years now hosting garry's mod gamemodes amongst other games and mods.

You guys remember about a month ago when I put all the work into getting fretta and a bunch of cool stuff working for the servers? We had full servers for quite some time when it was the "rnd is dying" phase people were claiming to be in.

What i'm trying to say is, you could claim rNd is "dying" but isn't that just how you want to feel about it?

To be honest, even during these usually busy times we get a full fretta server during times in the week, which is pretty substantial. What's more interesting is every single person I have seen claiming the death of the community wasn't playing with all the new people. Even during this huge reduction in servers we still have new players joining which is pretty awesome!

While I don't always have time to devote like I did in those few weeks, who knows what will turn the corner - you may hear people claiming for the 2nd... 3rd.. 4th... idk now "rise" of rNd.

rNd as a community will always be with me in my mind, it's had a substantial impact on my life, and by rNd I mean everyone that's a part of it, everyone in this thread, everyone i talk to on steam, the conversations and happenings on ts3, random nonsense in the servers. If anyone was to claim rNd based soley on popularity I think that they probably haven't thought into it as much as they believe xD

Either way, none of this offends me as most of you know and I always appreciate thoughtful criticism.

Like always, just have fun, it's the reason I set up this place anyway xD

P.S. Sorry I haven't been on teamspeak or been available for much lately, I am lost for time right now!
Post by: Viole on October 27, 2013, 07:18:11 PM
If league of legends wasn't so addicting, I'd be on Gmod.
Post by: Travelsonic on November 06, 2013, 07:18:16 AM
Add another vote, so far as the community state goes, for the "people growing up, IRL becoming more complicated" thing - fuck me, I just graduated college, am finding work, and busy as hell.  My social life has gotten back into busy mode ever since I found out I have 3 biological sisters, 3 biological brothers, and 3 biological nephews - people I never knew about until this past summer - I have been meeting them ... slowly.... some spread across the country, most in NY, where I am... heh...

That said, I'll be damned if I don't find a way to incorporate rNd, playing Gmod into some of my leisurely activities - first server I really got involved in.  I really got off Gmod partly from, well, the servers becoming harder to find + the server I administrated went down since, for the 2nd time in a year and a half the owner just got bored, threw his hands up, and said 'fuck it!'  [plus in my leisure I kinda got addicted to TF2, and re-addicted to Megic the Gathering.  :P :D ]
Post by: Dark Pacifist on November 07, 2013, 10:43:42 AM
Rnd is rnd and always will be rnd, it has spawned many children servers over the years and will continue to. The point being that even if it were to die those loyal would return and draw others repopulating it after time. I can honestly say that we're still experiencing repercussions from the youtube generation that happened, people leaving to avoid those who never played a sourcegame in their life and believe that if a youtubian can do it they can make their own. Then again I am extremely biased as I've only been around for aboot 5 years and never saw any of the great servers during their glory days that their staff speak fondly of. Even if by some happenstance a whole reenactment of 4chans life were to happen it'll just go to show how much stronger the communities are.

Get rid of ttt due to a dryspell. No

Final thought a server can't die untill the community behind it let's it die. You want it back to life so badly get on the servers and attract people. Might be a slow way of doing it but it's better than blaming others for something you could be doing to help.
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on November 07, 2013, 11:21:01 AM
Get rid of ttt due to a dryspell. No

Final thought a server can't die untill the community behind it let's it die. You want it back to life so badly get on the servers and attract people. Might be a slow way of doing it but it's better than blaming others for something you could be doing to help.
Although i agree with this, I have to say it's kind of pointless now considering the average TTT player these days is some form of minge most of the time, and this is all based off of all my experiences with TTT. Sure i may be wrong and it may only be our server where all the minges come but it's still a valid point and repopulating the servers would only lead one of us to just somehow empty it out again as as I've previously mentioned in this thread. If we were to replace it it wouldn't mean it's gone forever, at this point in time it's simply pointless to keep TTT on OUR SERVERS due to what I've said before. Not to mention in the future if it calls for it, we can easily bring it back up and continue on but who knows.

And no offense but I don't think it's your place right now to judge our activity on our servers.
Post by: BJ_Cumstain on November 12, 2013, 12:14:21 AM
rNd as a community will never die, unless all members leave and never come back. The TTT server may be empty most of the time but then again the Fretta server is apparently very popular and thats amazing. So maybe making the TTT server a little more custom and making all the people who join say WOW I WOULD LIKE THAT HAT, SKIN, GUN, TRAIL, ETC..... implying we have a pointshop
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on November 12, 2013, 08:50:03 AM
rNd as a community will never die, unless all members leave and never come back. The TTT server may be empty most of the time but then again the Fretta server is apparently very popular and thats amazing. So maybe making the TTT server a little more custom and making all the people who join say WOW I WOULD LIKE THAT HAT, SKIN, GUN, TRAIL, ETC..... implying we have a pointshop

If a point shop is added, I would honestly like to refrain from crap like trails and hats as hiding would be harder.
Things like players models and other non-flashy things would be ideal.
Trails would make it harder for the T's to run away because you obviously have a trail behind you, and if someone knows which trail is who's then teleporters are useless since the trail would go directly towards the room/area the tele leads.

Hats are a no brainer, it can disorientate whoever is in a gun fight. (i.e head shots)

Post by: LegendaryNoob on November 16, 2013, 07:47:02 PM
Haven't been on in a while, so I'll just type out my thoughts.
Work and college takes a lot of my time, and I know for sure it takes up everyone else's. When I came back just a few months ago, only seeing some people in TTT (Tezuni and Fuzion to name a few), but I was bothered by the amount of RDM and 'Trolls'. That being said, it was around the time the so-called 'Youtube' era of Gmod was about and seeing what it was about to be, I left. There was new, promising players that showed interest in playing TTT, but they were outweighed by the amount of people trying to fuck shit up for everyone else. What made it worse was number of VIPs and Admins on to set things straight, often inactive or dealing with another server with it's own problems.
On another note, I feel responsible that the 'trolls' drove me out of TTT. So yeah, my bad.  :idk:
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on November 17, 2013, 01:04:20 AM
Haven't been on in a while, so I'll just type out my thoughts.
Work and college takes a lot of my time, and I know for sure it takes up everyone else's. When I came back just a few months ago, only seeing some people in TTT (Tezuni and Fuzion to name a few), but I was bothered by the amount of RDM and 'Trolls'. That being said, it was around the time the so-called 'Youtube' era of Gmod was about and seeing what it was about to be, I left. There was new, promising players that showed interest in playing TTT, but they were outweighed by the amount of people trying to fuck shit up for everyone else. What made it worse was number of VIPs and Admins on to set things straight, often inactive or dealing with another server with it's own problems.
On another note, I feel responsible that the 'trolls' drove me out of TTT. So yeah, my bad.  :idk:
To be honest, I think we just need VIPs and Admins on when everyone else is on.
Post by: Ἆxule on November 17, 2013, 01:13:17 AM
I would be more than happy to return as a VIP for the servers, especially for TTT
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on November 17, 2013, 03:00:00 AM
To be honest, I think we just need VIPs and Admins on when everyone else is on.
And less people crying "rNd is dead"
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on November 17, 2013, 03:32:00 PM
Clearly rNd isn't dead, or no one would be in this current discussion talking. rNd isn't just the servers, it's the community as well. I personally believe we should consider branching off and finding other game modes to host as well. While Gmod is all fun and all, but more variety I think would definitely be a boost. Also I always add this in, even though I know it won't (can't) be considered currently, but I really do believe strongly that a dark RP server of some kind would heavily increase our population. People flock to those things like ants flock to a fallen piece of food. I know a lot of people would say "Oh but that attracts annoying children" let's be a little honest to ourselves guys, most gamemodes attract children, I mean hell I was 12 fucking years old when I started playing gmod. TTT has never really been one of my favorite gamemodes, so I personally couldn't care if it went down or not, but I do believe we could use a new gamemode/game that is sure to draw attention.
Post by: Sabb on November 17, 2013, 03:50:09 PM
Clearly rNd isn't dead, or no one would be in this current discussion talking. rNd isn't just the servers, it's the community as well. I personally believe we should consider branching off and finding other game modes to host as well. While Gmod is all fun and all, but more variety I think would definitely be a boost. Also I always add this in, even though I know it won't (can't) be considered currently, but I really do believe strongly that a dark RP server of some kind would heavily increase our population. People flock to those things like ants flock to a fallen piece of food. I know a lot of people would say "Oh but that attracts annoying children" let's be a little honest to ourselves guys, most gamemodes attract children, I mean hell I was 12 fucking years old when I started playing gmod. TTT has never really been one of my favorite gamemodes, so I personally couldn't care if it went down or not, but I do believe we could use a new gamemode/game that is sure to draw attention.
What would be the difference between how fairly unpopular the RP server RND has had several times (I think Dark RP at least once, if not it was something very similar) was to how popular you think it'll be now?
Post by: saivon on November 25, 2013, 10:08:17 PM
So I talked to Jman the other day in cs go and he said the servers are dead dat's why he left again.
Post by: Sabb on November 26, 2013, 09:49:30 AM
So I talked to Jman the other day in cs go and he said the servers are dead dat's why he left again.
I don't think I can accurately express how little difference this makes or how little relevance this has...
Post by: yoshi on November 26, 2013, 08:02:54 PM
god I'm so sick of this gamemode sitting in this community wasting space and be useless, just let it die already.
Leaving TTT how it is and not replace it, isn't gonna solve anything.
Post by: HideoKojima on November 26, 2013, 08:46:03 PM
..what? He left like a year ago? The servers were fine back then.
Post by: swampbuggy on November 29, 2013, 07:59:14 AM
To me it would be extremely sad to remove TTT just because of what it used to be, i remember having to wait 30 just to get in to the ALWAYS full server and to me it is one of the main places that rnd got alot of its popularity, even if no one is playing it rite now i i never want to see that server go down its like a historic monument that sould never be tampered with, the person i am to day has so much to do with that server beleve it or not it helped me in so  many ways i had a alot of problems i was an extream intovert and talked to noone and the rnd ttt server brought me out of my shell, and with that i just want to say thank your random. (sorry went a bit off topic but)
Post by: memo3300 on November 29, 2013, 11:54:30 AM
I think the solution to everything is this: http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=3254.450 (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=3254.450)

That would not only bring inactive players to rNd again but if done would get us new players also.