Author Topic: Replacing ttt (round 2)  (Read 783 times)

Offline FrostBound

• Windows UserDog LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Shank Beech
  • Respect: +51
Replacing ttt (round 2)
« on: September 14, 2013, 08:33:53 AM »
+1
Ok, even though the vote passed to keep ttt, i still see no players on it aside from the regular "few" players.
So i vote we move ttt to fretta or remove it all together and replace it with a more popular gamemode to attract more players, since ttt is basicly dead most of the time, aside from the random players who come and go.
Most of our members dont even go to ttt anymore. No one who voted to keep it even plays on the server, they just go play something else
Getting a new, more popular gamemode would attract more players and we would surely see more server activity from our own members.
I don't really see the need for an empty ttt server.

Offline Viole

• Windows UserLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• o_o
  • Respect: +80
Re: Replacing ttt (round 2)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 08:40:59 AM »
I agree, as the Fretta server is full a lot more than TTT, it would be a waste to have an empty server.

Offline Gigio12121

• Nope.
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 08:42:02 AM »
I'd say move it to Fretta, plenty of people play it more than TTT and like Frost said, no one other than a small group play it at a time, and it isn't very frequent either, it's basically a ghost server 80-90% of the time.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 08:42:40 AM »
+1
If TTT is changed, please put it into fretta, or I'll cry bitch tears.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 08:48:09 AM »
The way I see the situation is that a lot of people are wanting TTT moved as you said "for a more popular gamemode" but the issue is that TTT is actually still the most popular gamemode on Gmod, or at least one of the most. It's just died down in popularity for RND. So if we could get a gamemode that would get more people playing it more frequently, I'd be all for that. I don't think TTT needs to stay up any more necessarily but I decided I'm not wholeheartedly going to support this until I or someone else can think of a suitable gamemode for it to be replaced with, which is the hard part. That or if coolz decides he simply doesn't want the server up any more.
And before people say it, I think DarkRP is still not an option.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 08:50:45 AM »
+4
It upsets me how everyone who voted to keep it and posted their "reasons" in that thread just went on and never looked back at the server again. I myself had agreed to it at one point, until i went on for 10 minutes and kept telling people to not RDM until i had to voteban a couple of people, causing people to leave and the server to just die out for the rest of the month. The server is either always empty - or full of RDMers and Ghosters apart from the few people who regularly USED to play, i wouldn't want to have a server which no one could have fun in. TTT lost it's game long ago, it's simply not as fun as it used to be anymore now that everyone quit. No matter what you do anymore you can't populate the server at all, like the OP said, people just come and leave without even playing at all. I think every single gamemode in that suggestion thread was better than TTT, yet just because a couple of people more voted no because they think our TTT server is something "special" and is somekind of treasure, then wanted to keep it and not play it at all even. The server doesn't sit there for show people, it's meant to be played and enjoyed, which i think TTT fails at miserably right now.

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 09:09:53 AM »
+1
He's right, sadly. Only a few of the TTT regulars still try to populate the server and that never lasts, instead becoming a 3 man deathmatch until someone leaves.
I know it's sad but the short wave of new players suddenly disappeared many weeks back. Remember, it can always return.

Just to confirm, do we show up on the serverlist now? If not we're just a private server.

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 09:56:38 AM »
Unfortunately school and sports keep me away from games most of the time now. My timezone is difficult to play on the servers as people usually get on at late afternoon or night. If TTT really needs to move, then at least move it to Fretta.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 12:41:15 PM »
I went on the server yesterday and got some players on the server. After about an hour we had 10+ people for 4 hours.(The server even maxed out at one point. There were a lot of people.) The only reason that changed, is because the server went offline. I only had to kick like 2 people as well which was nice.

Most people don't go on TTT because no one is on it. If people go on they will go on. Use the announcements on the group page to try and get more people.(Only one joined from it, but it's better than none.)

If we could get TTT played regularly, we would maybe be able to get it active again.

I vote no on replacing it. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 03:00:10 PM »
+1
I went on the server yesterday and got some players on the server. After about an hour we had 10+ people for 4 hours.(The server even maxed out at one point. There were a lot of people.)

I can back this up, we actually had a really good player count for a few hours yesterday.

▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +377
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 03:47:23 PM »
+1
fuck it, just replace it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 04:19:45 PM by yoshi »

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 04:07:22 PM »
Either no one seems to read my comments or no one understands what I'm saying so I'll just directly suggest people give a positive solution rather than simply say 'something needs to be different.' In other words, find a good gamemode that would potentially bring a significant amount of more activity to the server.

I have seen TTT get quite popular at certain times and do check if I'm on Gmod or will simply look at the information on the main page, and don't think it's as terrible as some people want to say. I can't entirely blame people for thinking it's dead though because compared to what it used to be it really is quite dead, but that simply happens. But at least give some alternatives, nothing gets done otherwise.

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 04:31:35 PM »
Either no one seems to read my comments or no one understands what I'm saying so I'll just directly suggest people give a positive solution rather than simply say 'something needs to be different.' In other words, find a good gamemode that would potentially bring a significant amount of more activity to the server.

I have seen TTT get quite popular at certain times and do check if I'm on Gmod or will simply look at the information on the main page, and don't think it's as terrible as some people want to say. I can't entirely blame people for thinking it's dead though because compared to what it used to be it really is quite dead, but that simply happens. But at least give some alternatives, nothing gets done otherwise.

You posted yours while i was typing mine out lmao

I don't think the times when people are on even comes close to making up for how long it stays empty, in my opinion. But i think ZS/Sledbuild or even WS would be good choices because ZS/SB server lists don't even come CLOSE to having as much servers as TTT does. TTT has close to 1K servers while both Slebuild and Zombie Survival don't have any more than 40 servers and still have many players. As for WS it would probably have it's own server list where if we got a couple of people on we could easily get it populated because it would be more noticable than TTT in the sea of endless other TTT servers.

Offline BJ_Cumstain

• Windows UserLeague PlayerCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Former Gametracker #1 TTT Player
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 05:16:08 PM »

I don't think the times when people are on even comes close to making up for how long it stays empty, in my opinion. But i think ZS/Sledbuild or even WS would be good choices because ZS/SB server lists don't even come CLOSE to having as much servers as TTT does. TTT has close to 1K servers while both Slebuild and Zombie Survival don't have any more than 40 servers and still have many players. As for WS it would probably have it's own server list where if we got a couple of people on we could easily get it populated because it would be more noticable than TTT in the sea of endless other TTT servers.
I myself have nerver actually played WS and I would love to play.

If TTT is going to be removed then I do agree to move it fretta until players start to miss it, then if decided upon it could just be reinstated

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 07:11:55 PM »

Those are pretty much the only suggestions I could come up with as well, but ignoring how much I'd personally want any of those, I don't think people will be willing to play them. ZS died off soo badly just like TTT is. WS same situation though it'd often get a few people on semi-frequently. Sledbuild is just no, same situation as WS but even more time totally empty from what I'd see. Though when it did have people it'd somewhat often get an alright number in there, but not enough for me to want it again.