Author Topic: Replacing ttt (round 2)  (Read 783 times)

Offline LegendaryNoob

• Herpin' the Derp since '93
  • Respect: 0
Re: Replacing ttt (round 2)
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »
Haven't been on in a while, so I'll just type out my thoughts.
Work and college takes a lot of my time, and I know for sure it takes up everyone else's. When I came back just a few months ago, only seeing some people in TTT (Tezuni and Fuzion to name a few), but I was bothered by the amount of RDM and 'Trolls'. That being said, it was around the time the so-called 'Youtube' era of Gmod was about and seeing what it was about to be, I left. There was new, promising players that showed interest in playing TTT, but they were outweighed by the amount of people trying to fuck shit up for everyone else. What made it worse was number of VIPs and Admins on to set things straight, often inactive or dealing with another server with it's own problems.
On another note, I feel responsible that the 'trolls' drove me out of TTT. So yeah, my bad.  :idk:

Comedy bit:

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

• Windows UserLinux UserCat LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +379
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2013, 01:04:20 AM »
Haven't been on in a while, so I'll just type out my thoughts.
Work and college takes a lot of my time, and I know for sure it takes up everyone else's. When I came back just a few months ago, only seeing some people in TTT (Tezuni and Fuzion to name a few), but I was bothered by the amount of RDM and 'Trolls'. That being said, it was around the time the so-called 'Youtube' era of Gmod was about and seeing what it was about to be, I left. There was new, promising players that showed interest in playing TTT, but they were outweighed by the amount of people trying to fuck shit up for everyone else. What made it worse was number of VIPs and Admins on to set things straight, often inactive or dealing with another server with it's own problems.
On another note, I feel responsible that the 'trolls' drove me out of TTT. So yeah, my bad.  :idk:
To be honest, I think we just need VIPs and Admins on when everyone else is on.

Offline Ἆxule

• Respect: +579
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2013, 01:13:17 AM »
I would be more than happy to return as a VIP for the servers, especially for TTT

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2013, 03:00:00 AM »
To be honest, I think we just need VIPs and Admins on when everyone else is on.
And less people crying "rNd is dead"

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
Clearly rNd isn't dead, or no one would be in this current discussion talking. rNd isn't just the servers, it's the community as well. I personally believe we should consider branching off and finding other game modes to host as well. While Gmod is all fun and all, but more variety I think would definitely be a boost. Also I always add this in, even though I know it won't (can't) be considered currently, but I really do believe strongly that a dark RP server of some kind would heavily increase our population. People flock to those things like ants flock to a fallen piece of food. I know a lot of people would say "Oh but that attracts annoying children" let's be a little honest to ourselves guys, most gamemodes attract children, I mean hell I was 12 fucking years old when I started playing gmod. TTT has never really been one of my favorite gamemodes, so I personally couldn't care if it went down or not, but I do believe we could use a new gamemode/game that is sure to draw attention.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2013, 03:50:09 PM »
Clearly rNd isn't dead, or no one would be in this current discussion talking. rNd isn't just the servers, it's the community as well. I personally believe we should consider branching off and finding other game modes to host as well. While Gmod is all fun and all, but more variety I think would definitely be a boost. Also I always add this in, even though I know it won't (can't) be considered currently, but I really do believe strongly that a dark RP server of some kind would heavily increase our population. People flock to those things like ants flock to a fallen piece of food. I know a lot of people would say "Oh but that attracts annoying children" let's be a little honest to ourselves guys, most gamemodes attract children, I mean hell I was 12 fucking years old when I started playing gmod. TTT has never really been one of my favorite gamemodes, so I personally couldn't care if it went down or not, but I do believe we could use a new gamemode/game that is sure to draw attention.
What would be the difference between how fairly unpopular the RP server RND has had several times (I think Dark RP at least once, if not it was something very similar) was to how popular you think it'll be now?

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline saivon

• Break the sound barrier, cause a sound boom
  • Windows UserDog LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Break the time barrier, cause a time boom
  • Respect: +195
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2013, 10:08:17 PM »
So I talked to Jman the other day in cs go and he said the servers are dead dat's why he left again.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2013, 09:49:30 AM »
+1
So I talked to Jman the other day in cs go and he said the servers are dead dat's why he left again.
I don't think I can accurately express how little difference this makes or how little relevance this has...

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +377
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2013, 08:02:54 PM »
+1
god I'm so sick of this gamemode sitting in this community wasting space and be useless, just let it die already.
Leaving TTT how it is and not replace it, isn't gonna solve anything.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2013, 08:46:03 PM »
+2
..what? He left like a year ago? The servers were fine back then.
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline swampbuggy

• Respect: +1
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2013, 07:59:14 AM »
+1
To me it would be extremely sad to remove TTT just because of what it used to be, i remember having to wait 30 just to get in to the ALWAYS full server and to me it is one of the main places that rnd got alot of its popularity, even if no one is playing it rite now i i never want to see that server go down its like a historic monument that sould never be tampered with, the person i am to day has so much to do with that server beleve it or not it helped me in so  many ways i had a alot of problems i was an extream intovert and talked to noone and the rnd ttt server brought me out of my shell, and with that i just want to say thank your random. (sorry went a bit off topic but)

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »
I think the solution to everything is this: http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=3254.450

That would not only bring inactive players to rNd again but if done would get us new players also.

S[hes] Br[ok]en