Nay or yay to a short trial period?

Nay
11 (30.6%)
Yay
18 (50%)
I have a better idea
7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Regular/VIP  (Read 1053 times)

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
Re: Regular/VIP
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2012, 12:59:13 PM »
What Marie said.

I have countless times asked people to call me in if anything is going wrong, but only about 3-5 people ever do.

But seriously I am almos ALWAYS around my computer (note the almost) so call me in, also I'm almost always in TTT... So yeah.

You are one of my fav VIPs Juouon <3

You're not bothering them, and if you are, they shouldn't be VIP. The job isn't just for the tag, or so you can votekick anyone who is ruining your fun, it has responsibilities as well.
Let's not jack up the ranking system. Maybe make VIP a bit easier to acquire, but otherwise it's just fine. As stated earlier, bolstering reg power will make VIPs less important, same with admins.

I don't think adding a vote to kick option for regulars would be a bad thing.
The only thing I can see is that there is a small chance of it being abused.
-Kicking another regulars/guest for lolz
-Kicking a guest to bring in a friend
-Kicking someone for messing up once
I could see it happening, but who knows if it really would. Just what if things I thought about. Maybe make a timer. A votekick only allowed every 40 minutes or something.
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerCat LoverDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• the power of the scout's code
  • Respect: +256
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2012, 01:04:36 PM »
+1
Why don't we just stay with the current system and we actually try to contact the VIPs when there's trouble brewing about.

Or, we could just take not even 10 minutes to file out a ban report if what whatever someone's doing is that bad.
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Lazer Blade

• dat ass tho
  • Windows UserDWO PlayerLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +366
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2012, 01:06:07 PM »
I personally like the idea that Death had. Give regulars the power to votekick and see how it goes for about a week.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2012, 01:07:09 PM »
Why do we need to bring a completely new rank when we can just lower the requirements for the VIP?

Also if there is trouble on the servers, don't hesitate to call for a VIP or an Admin, the worst that can happen is them being afk.

And let's not deny a fact that VIP/Admin activity in general is pretty low and I do not think that this is going to solve by it self. We need to change something.

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

• Windows UserLinux UserCat LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +379
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2012, 01:11:12 PM »
Just make the VIP easier to obtain. Seriously, to me it seems that everyone is too afraid to help someone who is incapable of being VIP get promoted, and I myself have had this attitude until now. Seriously, looking at the current requirements to get VIP and at the activity of ALL the VIPS and ADMINS in general I don't think that there are a much or any people who have the chances of getting VIP so people we have a problem. In fact, I think that the people who got the VIP could easily make good admins.
   Okay, let's say that Ϝuzsioᴎ makes an app. I can already imagine people either -1ing it or being not sure, but why? Why is this rank being looked at so damn strictly? It is completely unneeded, plus reporting a VIP isn't as hard as reporting ghosting or maybe even rdms in some cases and considering the current situation it is very unlikely it would do any harm.

Also, to everyone, do not forget that VIPS CAN POST VIP APPLICATIONS, so fell free to send one anytime.

I'd also like to encourage some players to apply for the VIP, I'll list their names:
memo
Fushion
Travelsonic
Lavanchie
Kahuna
TehHank
Captain Communism
Dark Pacifist
Zevante
blah2355
Astropilot
aerobro
This Toast
This Cactus
Roach
Yellow Killer
RadioActivetomatoes

These are the players who are capable and have the potential for this rank from my perspective, I may have forgotten some as well.
>me as VIP
>all hell breaks loose

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2012, 01:13:33 PM »
I wouldn't mind VIP but I'm not sure if I'll commit enough time on gmod. Also what discouraged me from applying was that I saw a long list of VIP's that are current. That is not the case as of now so I might.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2012, 01:15:26 PM »
I wouldn't mind VIP but I'm not sure if I'll commit enough time on gmod. Also what discouraged me from applying was that I saw a long list of VIP's that are current. That is not the case as of now so I might.
The more known VIPs we have, the better.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
I personally like the idea that Death had. Give regulars the power to votekick and see how it goes for about a week.

Seriously, why don't we just do this?

It's the least catastrophic suggestion here, and it's the one most easily undone.

If we create a new rank, or promote a bunch of new VIP's, and we decide it was a bad idea, it'd be a lot harder to undo.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2012, 01:22:49 PM »
Just saying the reason why i have not been bombarding Admins with my VIP applications is that seeing how only the cream of the crop become VIP's and that (due to my somewhat low esteem) i usually think i don't stand a chance if i did i post a VIp application.

On topic: Reg's should get votekick for a short test time.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2012, 01:24:38 PM »
Just saying the reason why i have not been bombarding Admins with my VIP applications is that seeing how only the cream of the crop become VIP's and that (due to my somewhat low esteem) i usually think i don't stand a chance if i did i post a VIp application.

On topic: Reg's should get votekick for a short test time.

Yespls.

And don't worry about it. If you think you can be a VIP, don't be afraid to post an app. There's no repercussions, and at worst, you'll get some constructive criticism on how you can improve.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »
This is exactly what I'm talking about. The power this rank has is completely out matched by how hard it is to get it.

Seriously, why don't we just do this?

It's the least catastrophic suggestion here, and it's the one most easily undone.

If we create a new rank, or promote a bunch of new VIP's, and we decide it was a bad idea, it'd be a lot harder to undo.
I'm not against to try this and I don't think that if we would promote bunch of new VIPs it would cause harm.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 01:49:44 PM »
>me as VIP
>all hell breaks loose

I love how honest you are lol.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The power this rank has is completely out matched by how hard it is to get it.

I'm not against to try this and I don't think that if we would promote bunch of new VIPs it would cause harm.

Yea, I haven't been on many servers but VIP here seems like it's status is very close Admin lol. By status I mean respect/power. And it seems like we only get a new VIP every once in awhile.
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline pyrosheep

• the future is unwritten!
  • Respect: +82
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 02:00:09 PM »
I like Death's idea aswell. Let's do a short test run with regs and see how it works.
Quote from: Death M.D.
atleast in real life i have abs and i fuck any girl i see at a bar , youre all fucking gaming losers.

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

• Windows UserLinux UserCat LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +379
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 02:12:29 PM »
+2
I love how honest you are lol.
Wow, you really are a dick.
Ontopic: I like Deaths idea.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »

I applied for VIP when the system was changed, then i didn't want to apply, and nowadays i haven't been comfortable with the idea because of some stuff.

Pretty much, i got warned twice, one for something i wasn't aware of, because the last time i played TTT before the past 2 weeks was like 9-10 months ago, and the other thing wasn't so much a warning, but an instruction, which i actually kind of disagree.

First thing was to suicide saying someones name, which is a kind of T baiting and i apologize for that, but it wasn't with the intention of T baiting, but to have some fun. (Jumped of because i wanted to suicide, i was doing something and couldn't play that round so went ahead)(also i did understand that people can kill someone for that and lose karma, which is why i wont do it anymore)

And the other one was to get on the top of a building With a prop. I didn't got the place i wanted, but I'm pretty sure that in that place you could still be saw and shot. (Was the highest roof in rooftops)

Being this a big deal or not, i want this kind of stuff to don't happen anymore and catch up how everything is going now on the servers, how does players play now and those kind of stuff.

Being sincere, I question this sometimes, since i still remember when i got shot on the face for saying "I'm gonna Tbag your body" by an admin. This always help me to remember it is a game, and more than anything, is to have fun.

Also one last thing about this is to remember that: A mistake is only a bad thing when you don't learn about it.

S[hes] Br[ok]en