.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Suggestions => Topic started by: pyrosheep on September 23, 2012, 06:14:37 PM

Title: Regular/VIP
Post by: pyrosheep on September 23, 2012, 06:14:37 PM
I feel like the server rankings need a bit more power now that all TTT servers are becoming more and more popular, so I want to suggest an idea that was implemented on a server I played on awhile ago.

So basically to apply for regular you had to have atleast 12 hours logged on the server and have positive feedback. You had to be extremely well trusted within the community. Regulars could start votes. The could vote kick and vote mute and everyone in the server could vote (everyone in the server to vote on it can be up for discussion). Obviously this also means a bit more strictness with promoting and demoting users.

VIPs can just auto kick or auto mute without any votes or anything. I don't remember the exact standards on MY server we had for applying for it, but it was more strict than regular. Regular would basically just be a back up plan for no VIPs being online.

This ranking system worked very well on the server and it thrived or a very long time but got shut down due to lack of funds. The ranking system was kept the same for the entire time I was playing.
Title: Re: Regular/VIP
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on September 23, 2012, 06:27:32 PM
I don't mean to sound negative, but this is just not a good idea in my opinion. Regular is a rank given to just that, regular members, VIP and Admin are very respected and trusted ranks. Besides I don't see why we need to change the ranks, just apply for VIP if you want those privileges, if you can't earn it yet, then you are obviously not ready in the eyes of others. I personally think someone would only suggest this because they'd rather have more power at a lower rank, then have to work to get a higher rank. :\ I can just see it getting greatly misused.
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on September 23, 2012, 06:34:02 PM
I don't mean to sound negative, but this is just not a good idea in my opinion. Regular is a rank given to just that, regular members, VIP and Admin are very respected and trusted ranks. Besides I don't see why we need to change the ranks, just apply for VIP if you want those privileges, if you can't earn it yet, then you are obviously not ready in the eyes of others. I personally think someone would only suggest this because they'd rather have more power at a lower rank, then have to work to get a higher rank. :\ I can just see it getting greatly misused.
Well I do agree and disagree, pyrosheep does bring a good point with all of these YouTubers playing it, I would suggest keeping the power of Regs and adding like a second tier Reg, Of course, VIP and this "second tier Reg" would be a lot harder to get; however it would prevent more VIP's coming and ripping their hair out by the stupidity of the RDMers and their excuses, either that or get more VIPs.
Post by: Tiger Guy on September 23, 2012, 06:39:38 PM
How about we ban everyone. That should solve every problem.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 23, 2012, 06:40:32 PM
Sounds like someone was lurking my thread. ;)  It would be nice for something like this.

"Besides I don't see why we need to change the ranks, just apply for VIP if you want those privileges, if you can't earn it yet, then you are obviously not ready in the eyes of others."

The problem with this is the fact that some VIPs play so little. It's why my app for VIP was rejected because VIPs didn't play therefore they didn't know me very well. So it was pretty unfair to me... The whole reason I attempted to get VIP was because so many regulars told me I should try to get it and I wanted to help stop all the RDMing and such. Yet it completely bombed and it wasn't my fault at all..

In my opinion, I think regulars should AT LEAST get a small say for VIP applications.(Maybe make each regular say count as half a vote? or something?) Regulars play more then the VIPs afterall so I think they should get a say if the person is worthy of such power, for all the VIPs know maybe the person going for VIP only acts good when VIPs are around.

OFFTOPIC: I've been listening to SANIC HEGEHOG EXTENDED 30 MINUTES OF GOING FAST (1080p HD) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU7EHKFNMQg#) for 12 minutes straight.
Post by: pyrosheep on September 23, 2012, 07:00:40 PM
This is under the suggestions board so negativity is expected.
I think that since VIP is harder to get meaning less people have it, regulars should have something to use against people breaking the rules when there isn't anyone else but regs and guests on the server at the time. And trust me, I'm not suggesting this for more power at a lower rank. I'm still a guest. I just thought it was implemented very well into the server and working very well into the server I played on.
Post by: yoshi on September 23, 2012, 07:01:40 PM
How about we ban everyone. That should solve every problem.

youknowwhatfuckthis
Post by: Travelsonic on September 23, 2012, 07:56:40 PM

Um...
Of course somebody with lower power would suggest having more power if that is what they sought.  [No shit, Sherock?]

As it is, Reg is pretty useless if no vips or admins are on at all, which is actualy fairly damn often.
Post by: memo3300 on September 23, 2012, 08:10:03 PM
I feel like the server rankings need a bit more power now that all TTT servers are becoming more and more popular, so I want to suggest an idea that was implemented on a server I played on awhile ago.

So basically to apply for regular you had to have atleast 12 hours logged on the server and have positive feedback. You had to be extremely well trusted within the community. Regulars could start votes. The could vote kick and vote mute and everyone in the server could vote (everyone in the server to vote on it can be up for discussion). Obviously this also means a bit more strictness with promoting and demoting users.

VIPs can just auto kick or auto mute without any votes or anything. I don't remember the exact standards on MY server we had for applying for it, but it was more strict than regular. Regular would basically just be a back up plan for no VIPs being online.

This ranking system worked very well on the server and it thrived or a very long time but got shut down due to lack of funds. The ranking system was kept the same for the entire time I was playing.

esc>playerlist>*player*>mute.

This is why we don't got a votemute or something. Also i will rely on this to argument something else... the thing is VIPs knows the rules really good, but regulars can be biased and just go ahead and do what they think is good, without even thinking on the servers rules.

What i have been thinking the last days about this topic is... what is better?

a) Give away the power of votes to regulars, exposing the community to someone people who abuse it and make some players get a bad impression of the server

or

b)Don't have enough VIPs on-line, letting the server be a minge paradise, so the people who wants to play on the server goes away with the idea that the severs needs to be more strict and no one moderates them.

I know it isn't like a or b, but I'm saying the both extremes of the possible cases.

I think that if we make the process of getting regular a little bit harder, and code the system so when a VIP isn't on-line regulars can start votes, it would help to moderate the servers a little more.

Also adding VIPs insta kick would be a nice for a kind of warning or those cases which the broken rule isn't a big deal but still must be punished.

Post by: Deathie on September 23, 2012, 08:14:17 PM
It wouldn't be hard to add in a line for Regs to have a votekick with a 5-10 minute cooldown.

I say fuck it. Let's just see how that runs for about a week.

The worst that could happen is we get everyone being being retarded with their votes, in which case, we're changing it back anyways.

Best case scenario is only one or two questionable regs abuse it and we could keep the new powers, while just demote the couple that do abuse it.
Post by: Prox on September 24, 2012, 06:40:21 AM
Just make the VIP easier to obtain. Seriously, to me it seems that everyone is too afraid to help someone who is incapable of being VIP get promoted, and I myself have had this attitude until now. Seriously, looking at the current requirements to get VIP and at the activity of ALL the VIPS and ADMINS in general I don't think that there are a much or any people who have the chances of getting VIP so people we have a problem. In fact, I think that the people who got the VIP could easily make good admins.
   Okay, let's say that Ϝuzsioᴎ makes an app. I can already imagine people either -1ing it or being not sure, but why? Why is this rank being looked at so damn strictly? It is completely unneeded, plus reporting a VIP isn't as hard as reporting ghosting or maybe even rdms in some cases and considering the current situation it is very unlikely it would do any harm.

Also, to everyone, do not forget that VIPS CAN POST VIP APPLICATIONS, so fell free to send one anytime.

I'd also like to encourage some players to apply for the VIP, I'll list their names:
memo
Fushion
Travelsonic
Lavanchie
Kahuna
TehHank
Captain Communism
Dark Pacifist
Zevante
blah2355
Astropilot
aerobro
This Toast
This Cactus
Roach
Yellow Killer
RadioActivetomatoes

These are the players who are capable and have the potential for this rank from my perspective, I may have forgotten some as well.
Post by: Deacon on September 24, 2012, 09:23:42 AM
everyone is too afraid to help someone who is incapable of being VIP get promoted

um...
Post by: Prox on September 24, 2012, 09:50:36 AM

um...
People are afraid of promoting someone who would abuse, if this makes any difference.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 24, 2012, 09:57:23 AM
Just make the VIP easier to obtain. Seriously, to me it seems that everyone is too afraid to help someone who is incapable of being VIP get promoted, and I myself have had this attitude until now. Seriously, looking at the current requirements to get VIP and at the activity of ALL the VIPS and ADMINS in general I don't think that there are a much or any people who have the chances of getting VIP so people we have a problem. In fact, I think that the people who got the VIP could easily make good admins.
   Okay, let's say that Ϝuzsioᴎ makes an app. I can already imagine people either -1ing it or being not sure, but why? Why is this rank being looked at so damn strictly? It is completely unneeded, plus reporting a VIP isn't as hard as reporting ghosting or maybe even rdms in some cases and considering the current situation it is very unlikely it would do any harm.

Also, to everyone, do not forget that VIPS CAN POST VIP APPLICATIONS, so fell free to send one anytime.

I'd also like to encourage some players to apply for the VIP, I'll list their names:
memo
Fushion
Travelsonic
Lavanchie
Kahuna
TehHank
Captain Communism
Dark Pacifist
Zevante
blah2355
Astropilot
aerobro
This Toast
This Cactus
Roach
Yellow Killer
RadioActivetomatoes

These are the players who are capable and have the potential for this rank from my perspective, I may have forgotten some as well.

>dat feel when not on da list
;_;

Not sure who a few of those guys are (maybe they just don't play TTT all that much). But Kahuna doesn't want VIP sadly. Or is too lazy to sign up for it. Or both.  I know this because I always bug him about it lol.
Post by: TehHank on September 24, 2012, 10:09:22 AM
>dat feel when not on da list
;_;

Not sure who a few of those guys are (maybe they just don't play TTT all that much). But Kahuna doesn't want VIP sadly. Or is too lazy to sign up for it. Or both.  I know this because I always bug him about it lol.
Maybe its you who is the one who doesn't play enough
Post by: HideoKojima on September 24, 2012, 10:42:31 AM
Maybe its you who is the one who doesn't play enough

Who are you?  http://i.imgur.com/lPx7F.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/lPx7F.jpg)
Post by: TehHank on September 24, 2012, 10:46:15 AM
Well excuse me for not being on the top ten.
As if playtime actually mattered
Post by: HideoKojima on September 24, 2012, 11:01:14 AM
Well excuse me for not being on the top ten.
As if playtime actually mattered

>Maybe its you who is the one who doesn't play enough
>As if playtime actually mattered
wut   ???

Make up your mind!  :trollface:
Post by: TehHank on September 24, 2012, 11:04:54 AM
>abandons thread
Post by: pyrosheep on September 24, 2012, 11:08:01 AM
Yeah... let's not turn this thread of suggestions into a fight for rankings...
Post by: HideoKojima on September 24, 2012, 11:18:40 AM
I win.  :)

Anywayssssss to go back on topic. Yea, I've been wanting/have suggested stuff like this in game for the longest time. Hopefully something is done. More VIPS or a change in the system so regulars can actually do something would be nice. I think the second option would be better, as someone said before VIP is kinda a big power and only ones who really deserve it and wouldn't abuse it, should actually get it.

I probably won't to signing up again for another month or something. Seeing as everyone hates me right now lol.
Though I think I'd be a good VIP.
Post by: Shawn on September 24, 2012, 11:34:05 AM
if anything is going to happen maybe add a new rank between REG and VIP

But I really don't want to see all the 100's of REGs getting more power that just gives me flash backs to the respectard days...
Post by: HideoKojima on September 24, 2012, 11:50:10 AM
if anything is going to happen maybe add a new rank between REG and VIP

But I really don't want to see all the 100's of REGs getting more power that just gives me flash backs to the respectard days...

While I agree with this, the only problem is it kinda brings into question about whether all VIPs deserve their rank, maybe they only deserved the new rank(I certainly know someone who doesn't deserve VIP, and only deserves reg)? And wouldn't that rank be close enough for VIP anyways? Like if they are good enough for TrustedRegular(let's just call it that) why can't they just go for VIP if they were good enough for TrustedRegular?
 ..meh that wall of text barely made any sense. lol

I think the best solution like I said is just for more active/trusted regulars to be VIP or for regulars to get a vote to kick power. Because regular is completely useless if a VIP isn't on.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on September 24, 2012, 12:09:57 PM
  I'm just adding this in for people who say "VIP's and Admins aren't on enough" just because a VIP does not always play in the server everyday, there is almost always at least a VIP that is online that can be of assistance, like me for example: I am on just about all day every day, and yet no one ever messages me about anything, it's just gotten to the point where I don't really bother to check my messages in case someone does need help, because I know no one will be asking for my assistance. The case that VIPs and Admins are not always available is completely invalid, and all it shows is that this is just suggestion in which a person of lower rank see's an easier way to achieve larger amounts of power while in game.

To add a greater amount of responsibility to a lower rank would not only lower the value of having a higher rank, but increase the chances of abuse, with the amount of regulars there are. I suppose if others are willing to give it a go though, be my guest.
Post by: pyrosheep on September 24, 2012, 12:25:54 PM
  I'm just adding this in for people who say "VIP's and Admins aren't on enough" just because a VIP does not always play in the server everyday, there is almost always at least a VIP that is online that can be of assistance, like me for example: I am on just about all day every day, and yet no one ever messages me about anything, it's just gotten to the point where I don't really bother to check my messages in case someone does need help, because I know no one will be asking for my assistance. The case that VIPs and Admins are not always available is completely invalid, and all it shows is that this is just suggestion in which a person of lower rank see's an easier way to achieve larger amounts of power while in game.

To add a greater amount of responsibility to a lower rank would not only lower the value of having a higher rank, but increase the chances of abuse, with the amount of regulars there are. I suppose if others are willing to give it a go though, be my guest.
I don't like messaging people for help because I feel like I'm bothering them, might just be me.
But adding the value to a lower rank also means adding value to the next highest rank aswell. I think that if we increase the value of reg we also need to be more strict about promotion and demotion.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 24, 2012, 12:41:55 PM
I don't like messaging people for help because I feel like I'm bothering them, might just be me.
But adding the value to a lower rank also means adding value to the next highest rank aswell. I think that if we increase the value of reg we also need to be more strict about promotion and demotion.

"I don't like messaging people for help because I feel like I'm bothering them, might just be me."
I agree with this. I hate bugging people just to say "Hey yeah. I need you to leave your game/whatever you are doing and come kick/ban this guy" Obviously not said like that, but you know, that's summing it up.

Also the other problem is what if the person doesn't respond/never comes?(I'm talking multiple times of never comes, granted this has never happened to me, because I hardly ever message VIPs, this is more of a "What if" scenario ) This can bring up an issue of whether or not the person being messaged deserves VIP powers and this can create retarded drama. And I'm not one for drama.
Post by: pyrosheep on September 24, 2012, 12:45:15 PM
I also just want to clarify that I'm not bashing VIPs at all.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on September 24, 2012, 12:46:13 PM
What Marie said.

I have countless times asked people to call me in if anything is going wrong, but only about 3-5 people ever do.

But seriously I am almos ALWAYS around my computer (note the almost) so call me in, also I'm almost always in TTT... So yeah.
Post by: Zevante on September 24, 2012, 12:48:09 PM
You're not bothering them, and if you are, they shouldn't be VIP. The job isn't just for the tag, or so you can votekick anyone who is ruining your fun, it has responsibilities as well.
Let's not jack up the ranking system. Maybe make VIP a bit easier to acquire, but otherwise it's just fine. As stated earlier, bolstering reg power will make VIPs less important, same with admins.
Post by: pyrosheep on September 24, 2012, 12:56:23 PM
But still that's not the point.
the point is that I think it would be easier if we had some sort of second tier rank or we tried giving regs a bit more power seeing as they're on the most, and equalizing that by giving VIP auto kick. I think that trying it for a few days wouldn't hurt. Discussing voting with other regs on the server before making a rash decision of starting a vote would make it a bit easier on the server.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 24, 2012, 12:59:13 PM
What Marie said.

I have countless times asked people to call me in if anything is going wrong, but only about 3-5 people ever do.

But seriously I am almos ALWAYS around my computer (note the almost) so call me in, also I'm almost always in TTT... So yeah.

You are one of my fav VIPs Juouon <3

You're not bothering them, and if you are, they shouldn't be VIP. The job isn't just for the tag, or so you can votekick anyone who is ruining your fun, it has responsibilities as well.
Let's not jack up the ranking system. Maybe make VIP a bit easier to acquire, but otherwise it's just fine. As stated earlier, bolstering reg power will make VIPs less important, same with admins.

I don't think adding a vote to kick option for regulars would be a bad thing.
The only thing I can see is that there is a small chance of it being abused.
-Kicking another regulars/guest for lolz
-Kicking a guest to bring in a friend
-Kicking someone for messing up once
I could see it happening, but who knows if it really would. Just what if things I thought about. Maybe make a timer. A votekick only allowed every 40 minutes or something.
Post by: Lavenchie on September 24, 2012, 01:04:36 PM
Why don't we just stay with the current system and we actually try to contact the VIPs when there's trouble brewing about.

Or, we could just take not even 10 minutes to file out a ban report if what whatever someone's doing is that bad.
Post by: Lazer Blade on September 24, 2012, 01:06:07 PM
I personally like the idea that Death had. Give regulars the power to votekick and see how it goes for about a week.
Post by: Prox on September 24, 2012, 01:07:09 PM
Why do we need to bring a completely new rank when we can just lower the requirements for the VIP?

Also if there is trouble on the servers, don't hesitate to call for a VIP or an Admin, the worst that can happen is them being afk.

And let's not deny a fact that VIP/Admin activity in general is pretty low and I do not think that this is going to solve by it self. We need to change something.
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on September 24, 2012, 01:11:12 PM

memo
Fushion
Travelsonic
Lavanchie
Kahuna
TehHank
Captain Communism
Dark Pacifist
Zevante
blah2355
Astropilot
aerobro
This Toast
This Cactus
Roach
Yellow Killer
RadioActivetomatoes

>me as VIP
>all hell breaks loose
Post by: blαh2355 on September 24, 2012, 01:13:33 PM
I wouldn't mind VIP but I'm not sure if I'll commit enough time on gmod. Also what discouraged me from applying was that I saw a long list of VIP's that are current. That is not the case as of now so I might.
Post by: Prox on September 24, 2012, 01:15:26 PM
I wouldn't mind VIP but I'm not sure if I'll commit enough time on gmod. Also what discouraged me from applying was that I saw a long list of VIP's that are current. That is not the case as of now so I might.
The more known VIPs we have, the better.
Post by: Deathie on September 24, 2012, 01:22:04 PM
I personally like the idea that Death had. Give regulars the power to votekick and see how it goes for about a week.

Seriously, why don't we just do this?

It's the least catastrophic suggestion here, and it's the one most easily undone.

If we create a new rank, or promote a bunch of new VIP's, and we decide it was a bad idea, it'd be a lot harder to undo.
Post by: TehHank on September 24, 2012, 01:22:49 PM
Just saying the reason why i have not been bombarding Admins with my VIP applications is that seeing how only the cream of the crop become VIP's and that (due to my somewhat low esteem) i usually think i don't stand a chance if i did i post a VIp application.

On topic: Reg's should get votekick for a short test time.
Post by: Deathie on September 24, 2012, 01:24:38 PM
Just saying the reason why i have not been bombarding Admins with my VIP applications is that seeing how only the cream of the crop become VIP's and that (due to my somewhat low esteem) i usually think i don't stand a chance if i did i post a VIp application.

On topic: Reg's should get votekick for a short test time.

Yespls.

And don't worry about it. If you think you can be a VIP, don't be afraid to post an app. There's no repercussions, and at worst, you'll get some constructive criticism on how you can improve.
Post by: Prox on September 24, 2012, 01:29:53 PM
This is exactly what I'm talking about. The power this rank has is completely out matched by how hard it is to get it.

Seriously, why don't we just do this?

It's the least catastrophic suggestion here, and it's the one most easily undone.

If we create a new rank, or promote a bunch of new VIP's, and we decide it was a bad idea, it'd be a lot harder to undo.
I'm not against to try this and I don't think that if we would promote bunch of new VIPs it would cause harm.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 24, 2012, 01:49:44 PM
>me as VIP
>all hell breaks loose

I love how honest you are lol.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The power this rank has is completely out matched by how hard it is to get it.

I'm not against to try this and I don't think that if we would promote bunch of new VIPs it would cause harm.

Yea, I haven't been on many servers but VIP here seems like it's status is very close Admin lol. By status I mean respect/power. And it seems like we only get a new VIP every once in awhile.
Post by: pyrosheep on September 24, 2012, 02:00:09 PM
I like Death's idea aswell. Let's do a short test run with regs and see how it works.
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on September 24, 2012, 02:12:29 PM
I love how honest you are lol.
Wow, you really are a dick.
Ontopic: I like Deaths idea.
Post by: memo3300 on September 24, 2012, 02:19:53 PM

I applied for VIP when the system was changed, then i didn't want to apply, and nowadays i haven't been comfortable with the idea because of some stuff.

Pretty much, i got warned twice, one for something i wasn't aware of, because the last time i played TTT before the past 2 weeks was like 9-10 months ago, and the other thing wasn't so much a warning, but an instruction, which i actually kind of disagree.

First thing was to suicide saying someones name, which is a kind of T baiting and i apologize for that, but it wasn't with the intention of T baiting, but to have some fun. (Jumped of because i wanted to suicide, i was doing something and couldn't play that round so went ahead)(also i did understand that people can kill someone for that and lose karma, which is why i wont do it anymore)

And the other one was to get on the top of a building With a prop. I didn't got the place i wanted, but I'm pretty sure that in that place you could still be saw and shot. (Was the highest roof in rooftops)

Being this a big deal or not, i want this kind of stuff to don't happen anymore and catch up how everything is going now on the servers, how does players play now and those kind of stuff.

Being sincere, I question this sometimes, since i still remember when i got shot on the face for saying "I'm gonna Tbag your body" by an admin. This always help me to remember it is a game, and more than anything, is to have fun.

Also one last thing about this is to remember that: A mistake is only a bad thing when you don't learn about it.
Post by: Shawn on September 24, 2012, 09:47:03 PM
I certainly know someone who doesn't deserve VIP

Who? If you believe someone is abusing feel free to report them.

Like if they are good enough for TrustedRegular(let's just call it that) why can't they just go for VIP if they were good enough for TrustedRegular?

Huh? I don't mean make the rank the same power Lol my idea works off of the "VIP get insta kick" idea

I don't like messaging people for help because I feel like I'm bothering them

Wouldn't be bothering anyone at all worst case is the person is AFK or busy but if you spam their inbox over and over again thats a different story (I don't mean like asking different times i mean like asking over and over for the same case none stop Lol)

The only thing I can see is that there is a small chance of it being abused.
-Kicking another regulars/guest for lolz
-Kicking a guest to bring in a friend
-Kicking someone for messing up once
I could see it happening, but who knows if it really would.

Thats how the old system was and it was abused none stop every single day So we do know if we made all REGs have the same power as before it will happen Lol

Why do we need to bring a completely new rank when we can just lower the requirements for the VIP?

Even i have to admit that the VIP rank is very strict from what it use to be but on the other hand we really don't have much abusing at all...

Thats why i said add a new rank so REGs will stay the same, New rank will have the vote kick and VIP have insta kick. Reason REG has always been easy to get is because you need that rank for certain tools in wiremod (atleast you use to I'm not sure if it changed since I haven't played wiremod in well over a year Lol)
Post by: HideoKojima on September 24, 2012, 10:10:50 PM
Who? If you believe someone is abusing feel free to report them.
Not abused their power. But they never used it when it shoulda been used. They don't deserve the power imo and should be demoted. I don't think it's really reportable, but they never listened when bad shit was happening. It's not a problem anymore now mostly because they are inactive now. I'd rather not say who. Cause like I said I'm not one for drama, and it doesn't effect me anymore, though I think it's unfair they have powers they don't deserve I just deal with it because that's life.

Huh? I don't mean make the rank the same power Lol my idea works off of the "VIP get insta kick" idea
But it'd still make a new rank right? Between reg and VIP? I a tad confused lol.

Wouldn't be bothering anyone at all worst case is the person is AFK or busy but if you spam their inbox over and over again thats a different story (I don't mean like asking different times i mean like asking over and over for the same case none stop Lol)

I just would feel like I'm a bugging them, and would feel mean if I only ever messaged them for that lol.

Thats how the old system was and it was abused none stop every single day So we do know if we made all REGs have the same power as before it will happen Lol
But these are new regs? (I think) So maybe they deserve a chance?

Even i have to admit that the VIP rank is very strict from what it use to be but on the other hand we really don't have much abusing at all...

Thats why i said add a new rank so REGs will stay the same, New rank will have the vote kick and VIP have insta kick. Reason REG has always been easy to get is because you need that rank for certain tools in wiremod (atleast you use to I'm not sure if it changed since I haven't played wiremod in well over a year Lol)

Like I said though wouldn't there then be not a very big difference between the new rank and VIP?

Post by: YomoFox on September 24, 2012, 11:53:23 PM
Donate for VIP/Admin :D

VIP: $10 / sec
Admin: $20 / month

:omgwtftrolld:
Post by: Tiger Guy on September 25, 2012, 04:26:32 AM
Donate for VIP/Admin :D

VIP: $10 / sec
Admin: $20 / month

:omgwtftrolld:
What if someone gives $9?
Post by: Prox on September 25, 2012, 04:40:11 AM
We don't have much activity either.
Post by: Travelsonic on September 25, 2012, 09:13:26 AM
I think I will apply for VIP even if this is added - though I know with *some* people in game this will cause some rifts seeing that we don't see eye to eye [well, to be more specific, they technically break rules and then get REALLY bitchy and belligerent when you call them out on it.]
Post by: Dark Pacifist on September 25, 2012, 09:23:10 PM
We'll we could give the trial idea a try but the person has to request to be part, have time ranging between 2-4 months without intentionally breaking rules. And no history of major issues (over a year). And has to have been an active part of community at least 4 to 6 months  preferred.
As for access vote kick only. Proof needed for all votes incase questioned unless report was made on player that was kicked in this case add reason for kick to report.
After a period of time they get full vip or get set back to Reg depending on actions and community judgement.

Sorry if this idea is already in existance. (Actually it is for another server)
Post by: Viole on September 26, 2012, 07:52:59 AM
Wait wait wait. Regulars and VIP had special permissions? I never knew that.  :-[

EDIT: Oh shit. I just noticed I'm a reg.
Post by: Deathie on September 26, 2012, 09:30:48 AM
EDIT: Oh shit. I just noticed I'm a reg.

We should really change the name of the third posting rank.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on September 26, 2012, 12:00:07 PM
We should really change the name of the third posting rank.
"Regular Member that is not actually a regular member"
Post by: Deathie on September 26, 2012, 12:12:46 PM
"Regular Member that is not actually a regular member"
LOL

Just have a subtext under the image

"*Not actually a Regular"
Post by: Viole on September 26, 2012, 12:21:50 PM
 :-[
Post by: Lavenchie on September 26, 2012, 03:21:42 PM
Make Reg banner like a VIP one and just have jr and senior member banners.
Post by: memo3300 on September 26, 2012, 05:31:14 PM
Make Reg banner like a VIP one and just have jr and senior member banners.

I think they didn't made a VIP banner* under your name because coolz would need to make a whole rank, andtaking track of who is a regular is kind of hard with so much people*.
Post by: [TTPN] ShadowMoon on September 27, 2012, 07:55:08 AM
In conclusion, even though this vote is going throughout, will this idea being carried out?
No.
Post by: pyrosheep on September 27, 2012, 01:14:01 PM
In conclusion, even though this vote is going throughout, will this idea being carried out?
No.
Yep I know that.
Just because the vote goes through doesn't mean the idea will be put in placement but it's a more organized way of showing who wants what.
Post by: [TTPN] ShadowMoon on September 29, 2012, 07:39:36 AM
Just no for the whole thing.
Abuse cases will sprout again.
Post by: Dale Feles on September 29, 2012, 08:12:57 AM
To those who say that VIP is hard to get, hasn't it become a little bit easier now? You don't need a 5/5 vote, you just need to have enough positive feedback to get promoted.
Post by: Travelsonic on September 29, 2012, 09:25:43 AM
Just no for the whole thing.
Abuse cases will sprout again.

Then make it harder to abuse, and actually deal with the abusers?

The system as it is now needs fixing, IMO it is hard to deny that,
Post by: TehHank on September 29, 2012, 09:58:19 AM
To those who say that VIP is hard to get, hasn't it become a little bit easier now? You don't need a 5/5 vote, you just need to have enough positive feedback to get promoted.
(http://www.capitolreportnewmexico.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/doh.jpg)
Post by: Deacon on September 29, 2012, 10:02:35 AM
(http://www.capitolreportnewmexico.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/doh.jpg)

Um.
He's right, you know.
Post by: Castle on September 29, 2012, 10:17:51 AM
Admins and VIP's have a life.

Outside the computer.
Post by: TehHank on September 29, 2012, 10:34:33 AM
Um.
He's right, you know.
I meant for me not realising the new VIP application processing was here for a while
Post by: pyrosheep on September 29, 2012, 10:44:08 AM
Admins and VIP's have a life.

Outside the computer.
and since when to regs and guests not?
Post by: Prox on September 29, 2012, 10:44:35 AM
VIP isn't hard to obtain because of the current requirements, it is hard to obtain because people over rate that rank and will not vote until they are sure that the candidate is almost a complete perfection + we only have a several active VIPs/admins which makes it even harder to be noticed and promoted.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 29, 2012, 11:57:53 AM
VIP isn't hard to obtain because of the current requirements, it is hard to obtain because people over rate that rank and will not vote until they are sure that the candidate is almost a complete perfection + we only have a several active VIPs/admins which makes it even harder to be noticed and promoted.

Outta curiosity. What makes a VIP/admin considered inactive? I rarely ever see people get demoted.

It kinda seems once you get it there is no real worry of losing it.
Post by: Dale Feles on September 29, 2012, 12:24:14 PM
Outta curiosity. What makes a VIP/admin considered inactive? I rarely ever see people get demoted.

It kinda seems once you get it there is no real worry of losing it.

Before you could get demoted for inactivity, but it's somewhat pointless. I mean, the inactive person would just have to re-apply and he'd get his Rank back. That's why that once you're VIP/Admin, there's no real way of losing it unless you abuse.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 29, 2012, 01:00:37 PM
Before you could get demoted for inactivity, but it's somewhat pointless. I mean, the inactive person would just have to re-apply and he'd get his Rank back. That's why that once you're VIP/Admin, there's no real way of losing it unless you abuse.

That's kinda gay... at that point it pretty much becomes a title. And just a way to show off.
Post by: Deacon on September 29, 2012, 01:08:51 PM
That's kinda gay... at that point it pretty much becomes a title. And just a way to show off.

I assure you that every single one of our VIPs performs the duties they are assigned when they are on.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 29, 2012, 01:59:31 PM
I assure you that every single one of our VIPs performs the duties they are assigned when they are on.

Gonna have to disagree with you on that, most but not all.

And to add to that, it's hard for them to do duties when some are never on. Yes, I know people have lives, school. and work and such. But if they can never be on shouldn't they be just a regular if they are too busy to be able to handle the responsibility of being a VIP?
Post by: Deathie on September 29, 2012, 02:11:16 PM
And to add to that, it's hard for them to do duties when some are never on. Yes, I know people have lives, school. and work and such. But if they can never be on shouldn't they be just a regular if they are too busy to be able to handle the responsibility of being a VIP?
It's not that, it's just pointless to demote them since they can be repromoted at any time they like.

It's just unnecessary to demote for any reason other than abuse.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 29, 2012, 02:45:37 PM
It's not that, it's just pointless to demote them since they can be repromoted at any time they like.

It's just unnecessary to demote for any reason other than abuse.

..so in a sense VIP really is just a title/stroke a person's e-peen? And in some cases could just be considered a goal?
Post by: Prox on September 29, 2012, 02:49:57 PM
..so in a sense VIP really is just a title/stroke a person's e-peen? And in some cases could just be considered a goal?
Please explain to me how exactly does demoting a VIP for inactivity contribute to the servers in any way.
Post by: Deathie on September 29, 2012, 02:50:15 PM

I really don't think you could be any more wrong.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 29, 2012, 03:25:07 PM
Please explain to me how exactly does demoting a VIP for inactivity contribute to the servers in any way.

Maybe it'd make them more active if they had to be at least semi-active? Wouldn't you agree?

I really don't think you could be any more wrong.

Well some people might get VIP and just stop playing. I've actually seen this a few times. It's kinda like "Well, I met my goal, time to stop playing"

I remember someone saying maybe VIPs stop playing because it takes so long to get VIP, that when they finally do get it, they get bored/start losing interest of the game. But at that point why bother getting VIP? lol

I don't know, just what I think.
Post by: Deacon on September 29, 2012, 04:47:46 PM
Gonna have to disagree with you on that, most but not all.

There is no clause that VIPs have to play. Granted, many of them no longer do. But the ones that do play do not use VIP as a tag to stand out. Thats what I meant
Post by: Dark Pacifist on September 30, 2012, 06:30:28 PM

I remember someone saying maybe VIPs stop playing because it takes so long to get VIP, that when they finally do get it, they get bored/start losing interest of the game. But at that point why bother getting VIP? lol

I don't know, just what I think.

I've said that before... more or less you only notice the scarcity of active vips when trouble makers come on. It's not that they're on less after it's that they're typically busier at that point.
I do seek a rank between Reg and Vip with no title change and only votekick once every 10 minutes. It'll keep players more honest as people on the same level as them could watch them and it'll keep any chance of "Special reg's" abuse of power low to nil. Requirements 1: trusted by community 2: active 3: a good record for the past 4-6 months 4: Willing to join game by request to help out.

There is no clause that VIPs have to play. Granted, many of them no longer do. But the ones that do play do not use VIP as a tag to stand out. Thats what I meant
That Tag is it's own issue at times (people play nice when they see a known "vip" join) but at least some players pay attention to whats said when they see it.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 30, 2012, 10:57:05 PM

"There is no clause that VIPs have to play." So... what's the point of having VIP if they are never there to not really help out? I thought VIPs were given to those who were active in the community and followed the rules?

I've said that before... more or less you only notice the scarcity of active vips when trouble makers come on. It's not that they're on less after it's that they're typically busier at that point.
I do seek a rank between Reg and Vip with no title change and only votekick once every 10 minutes. It'll keep players more honest as people on the same level as them could watch them and it'll keep any chance of "Special reg's" abuse of power low to nil. Requirements 1: trusted by community 2: active 3: a good record for the past 4-6 months 4: Willing to join game by request to help out.
That Tag is it's own issue at times (people play nice when they see a known "vip" join) but at least some players pay attention to whats said when they see it.

Honestly, I just want VIP just to help out. if regulars actually got power, or if there was something in between I'd go for that I don't ever plan on going for admin or higher, too much responsibility lol... It's not bad too much nowadays because we have active VIP a lot of the time now, but not always, luckily we will be getting Kahuna soon <3 but even so he won't always be on, so there will always be times when there are no VIPs on and annoying crap can happen.

"That Tag is it's own issue at times (people play nice when they see a known "vip" join) but at least some players pay attention to whats said when they see it." I agree, sometimes people completely change how they act.
Though I'd also like to add not always was this the case. In the past I remember there were 2 people who had power(because I'm nice and I don't feel like causing shit, I won't name them) there was guys RDMing and acting like asses, and they were both AFK. And it was annoying as hell. And I told the 2 people with power and they didn't see it so they weren't kicked or anything(I believe. Memory is tad foggy but I remember being very annoyed about it.) And I remember I said "why are you guys here if you guys are just gonna take up slots and not even play."(something like this) and one of them said "if people see a VIP/Admin they are less likely to be bad." which is funny because earlier people were doing shit and they were not punished.
  Now this happened a few months ago, but I think it should still be brought up.

One of those people are now pretty much completely inactive, they were a shitty VIP as well but it doesn't matter apparently because no one ever loses their rank unless they abuse their power. and the other just doesn't play on TTT anymore I think.

I doubt I will ever get VIP even though I think I'd be great for it. Maybe because I'm too active on the server obviously I need to become inactive and just play L4D2 to be able to get VIP. :fire: 

/end wall of text rant

Post by: Deacon on October 01, 2012, 12:12:48 AM
I doubt I will ever get VIP even though I think I'd be great for it. Maybe because I'm too active on the server obviously I need to become inactive and just play L4D2 to be able to get VIP. :fire:

Oh. Oho.
Post by: Deathie on October 01, 2012, 12:28:48 AM

>I don't like versus
>I only play L4D2 MLG Expert Realism
>I was never in this open circle of L4D2 Players
>I got admin

Your logic is flawed, sir.
Post by: Shockah on October 01, 2012, 02:15:18 AM
Totes cool long text rant aboot purple and sabb ending in smart-ass comment with little to no validity.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Post by: TehHank on October 01, 2012, 03:12:55 AM
>People who overtime spent large amounts of their time on the forums, servers and Etc. being friendly and buliding up friendships with others in the community who which after earning the trust that they can be VIP submit an application. Everyone agrees and that person lives up to their role.

>People who just quickly try to apply regular and soon afterwards try to apply for VIP even though they recieve generally negative feedback and try to sound as if their the the new "sliced bread" of the Forums, servers etc. They also think that any VIP is inactive for 2-3 weeks mean that they have to be demoted immediately.

Post by: Prox on October 01, 2012, 05:39:54 AM
"There is no clause that VIPs have to play." So... what's the point of having VIP if they are never there to not really help out? I thought VIPs were given to those who were active in the community and followed the rules?

Honestly, I just want VIP just to help out. if regulars actually got power, or if there was something in between I'd go for that I don't ever plan on going for admin or higher, too much responsibility lol... It's not bad too much nowadays because we have active VIP a lot of the time now, but not always, luckily we will be getting Kahuna soon <3 but even so he won't always be on, so there will always be times when there are no VIPs on and annoying crap can happen.

"That Tag is it's own issue at times (people play nice when they see a known "vip" join) but at least some players pay attention to whats said when they see it." I agree, sometimes people completely change how they act.
Though I'd also like to add not always was this the case. In the past I remember there were 2 people who had power(because I'm nice and I don't feel like causing shit, I won't name them) there was guys RDMing and acting like asses, and they were both AFK. And it was annoying as hell. And I told the 2 people with power and they didn't see it so they weren't kicked or anything(I believe. Memory is tad foggy but I remember being very annoyed about it.) And I remember I said "why are you guys here if you guys are just gonna take up slots and not even play."(something like this) and one of them said "if people see a VIP/Admin they are less likely to be bad." which is funny because earlier people were doing shit and they were not punished.
  Now this happened a few months ago, but I think it should still be brought up.

One of those people are now pretty much completely inactive, they were a shitty VIP as well but it doesn't matter apparently because no one ever loses their rank unless they abuse their power. and the other just doesn't play on TTT anymore I think.

/end wall of text rant

VIPs make mistakes. VIPs just as everyone else might go afk for certain reasons. VIPs cannot be on all the time. It might be hard for 1 VIP to keep track of everything. VIPs just like everyone else get bored of things. VIPs just like everyone else have their troubles and other things in life. VIPs live in many different locations and not all are able to get on by the time the servers go up. VIPs just like everyone else might want to relax after a hard day, therefore managing servers may be too irritating at that certain moment. VIPs just like everyone else want to have fun too. Demoting VIPs for inactivity would decrease the chance of having one on, not by much but it would possibly add up eventually. 
Post by: Castle on October 01, 2012, 08:23:07 AM
and since when to regs and guests not?

Since you posted.
Post by: pyrosheep on October 01, 2012, 12:59:56 PM
Since you posted.
what's that supposed to mean?
Also Hideo, I know you're just trying to help out the server and everything by applying for VIP, but you aren't the one for the job. Don't turn this thread into your "I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR VIP OMG IM IN THE TOP 10 ARE YOU KIDDING ME" thread.
Post by: HideoKojima on October 01, 2012, 01:54:18 PM
>I don't like versus
>I only play L4D2 MLG Expert Realism
>I was never in this open circle of L4D2 Players
>I got admin

Your logic is flawed, sir.

To be fair though, you got your stuff a year ago. :p And maybe the L4D2 thing wasn't even there? I can't really comment on that since I wasn't there. It could be different now but I honestly wouldn't know.

VIPs make mistakes. VIPs just as everyone else might go afk for certain reasons. VIPs cannot be on all the time. It might be hard for 1 VIP to keep track of everything. VIPs just like everyone else get bored of things. VIPs just like everyone else have their troubles and other things in life. VIPs live in many different locations and not all are able to get on by the time the servers go up. VIPs just like everyone else might want to relax after a hard day, therefore managing servers may be too irritating at that certain moment. VIPs just like everyone else want to have fun too. Demoting VIPs for inactivity would decrease the chance of having one on, not by much but it would possibly add up eventually. 

I understand all of that, and I'm all for that they should have fun. But isn't getting a VIP a sign that you have a little duty towards the servers? I mean months of being active maybe they should be demoted because there are others who deserve it a lot more. Yes, I know that the amount of VIP is not limited at all, but with there being less VIPs I imagine they would be more open to get more VIPs. Hope that makes some kind of sense, I wasn't sure how to properly word that lol.

>People who overtime spent large amounts of their time on the forums, servers and Etc. being friendly and buliding up friendships with others in the community who which after earning the trust that they can be VIP submit an application. Everyone agrees and that person lives up to their role.

>People who just quickly try to apply regular and soon afterwards try to apply for VIP even though they recieve generally negative feedback and try to sound as if their the the new "sliced bread" of the Forums, servers etc. They also think that any VIP is inactive for 2-3 weeks mean that they have to be demoted immediately.

>spend time with VIPs
>get promoted
Sounds about right. I just want to point out a BS part on your end. "Everyone agrees and that person lives up to their role." No, not everyone. Only VIPs, so those are the ONLY people you need to win approval from. I really wish regulars got a say in VIP and ADMIN applications. I mean are they not also part of the server? They make up most of it, I think they should get a say in what happens. As Dark pointed out, some people change when VIPs are around. Maybe they are the best person in the world when a VIP is around but when they leave, they change. So obviously to VIPs they look great, but maybe not to regulars. But that doesn't matter, there is no need to win the regulars approval. It's only the VIPs that matter after all when trying to go for VIP.

As for your second post, I don't have much to say as it was pretty much just a jab towards me, though I can't be bitter towards that seeing as I did the same with my L4D2 comment in the previous post lol.
Though I will talk about the 2-3 weeks thing you tried to mention. No, the people have been inactive for months on the servers.

Not sure why you said names, but meh your call. I don't have proof. It was months ago. I could get back up from other people maybe, but I don't recall who was in the games, as it was months ago. Also I have no reason to lie. It does me no good, it benefits me in no way.

Towards your spoiler.
I agree to it all. Which is exactly why more people should become VIP, which has been happening but a lot of the people being selected aren't even very active, which is why I bugged the shit out of Kahuana to sign up for VIP lol.
 And you are right, I'll eventually grow bored of the game, but I'd like to make the game as enjoyable as possible for me and to others until that time happens.

Also Hideo, I know you're just trying to help out the server and everything by applying for VIP, but you aren't the one for the job. Don't turn this thread into your "I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR VIP OMG IM IN THE TOP 10 ARE YOU KIDDING ME" thread.

I know you're just trying to help out the server and everything by applying for VIP, but I think you aren't the one for the job. I fixed that sentence for you. Made it an opinion which is what it should be, because it isn't a fact.
Post by: Dale Feles on October 01, 2012, 02:06:31 PM
I know you're just trying to help out the server and everything by applying for VIP, but I think you aren't the one for the job. I fixed that sentence for you. Made it an opinion which is what it should be, because it isn't a fact.

Er...
Post by: TehHank on October 01, 2012, 02:20:57 PM
I dont think your trying hard enough
Post by: pyrosheep on October 01, 2012, 02:51:16 PM
Yeah no it's a fact.
Post by: whagman on October 01, 2012, 05:25:51 PM
Yeah no it's a fact.

What's your beef with hideo man? Every topic i see him post on you post talking shit on him. pls explain
Post by: pyrosheep on October 01, 2012, 05:46:14 PM
What's your beef with hideo man? Every topic i see him post on you post talking shit on him. pls explain
I don't have a problem with him ingame, but on the forums he just acts like an idiot.
Post by: Deacon on October 01, 2012, 08:05:35 PM
To be fair though, you got your stuff a year ago. :p And maybe the L4D2 thing wasn't even there? I can't really comment on that since I wasn't there. It could be different now but I honestly wouldn't know.

• L4D2 Thing? Does this kind of bullshit go around with you guys on the servers? We play L4D2 together because we are all friends. We have been for (some of us) years now. This isn't new, and L4D2 has nothing to do with promotions. Its just friends playing a game, and if you don't believe me, thats on you. Do not try to jab at things you are not certain are true. You end up looking like Mitt Romney.

I understand all of that, and I'm all for that they should have fun. But isn't getting a VIP a sign that you have a little duty towards the servers? I mean months of being active maybe they should be demoted because there are others who deserve it a lot more. Yes, I know that the amount of VIP is not limited at all, but with there being less VIPs I imagine they would be more open to get more VIPs. Hope that makes some kind of sense, I wasn't sure how to properly word that lol.

• You said it yourself. The amount of VIPs are not limited at all. But we do not promote players we do not think can handle it, players that we do not know well, players we don't feel we can trust, etc.

Also, we used to demote based on inactivity. They all reapplied and were accepted again, so we no longer do that. If we had problems with those VIPs, demotions are discussed as they are about every other player.

>spend time with VIPs
>get promoted
Sounds about right. I just want to point out a BS part on your end. "Everyone agrees and that person lives up to their role." No, not everyone. Only VIPs, so those are the ONLY people you need to win approval from. I really wish regulars got a say in VIP and ADMIN applications. I mean are they not also part of the server? They make up most of it, I think they should get a say in what happens. As Dark pointed out, some people change when VIPs are around. Maybe they are the best person in the world when a VIP is around but when they leave, they change. So obviously to VIPs they look great, but maybe not to regulars. But that doesn't matter, there is no need to win the regulars approval. It's only the VIPs that matter after all when trying to go for VIP.

• Up until a short time ago, VIPs couldn't even post on other VIPs applications. It was all admin only. Coolz agreed to let us discuss the promotions publicly to help relieve some of that pressure from the few active admins we have left. That being said, you can, at any time, message any VIP or Admin with your concerns about an applicant. That is why they are posted publicly. That is a decision that coolz has made, and is not likely to change without his doing.

As for your second post, I don't have much to say as it was pretty much just a jab towards me, though I can't be bitter towards that seeing as I did the same with my L4D2 comment in the previous post lol.
Though I will talk about the 2-3 weeks thing you tried to mention. No, the people have been inactive for months on the servers.

• See above.

Not sure why you said names, but meh your call. I don't have proof. It was months ago. I could get back up from other people maybe, but I don't recall who was in the games, as it was months ago. Also I have no reason to lie. It does me no good, it benefits me in no way.

Towards your spoiler.
I agree to it all. Which is exactly why more people should become VIP, which has been happening but a lot of the people being selected aren't even very active, which is why I bugged the shit out of Kahuana to sign up for VIP lol.
 And you are right, I'll eventually grow bored of the game, but I'd like to make the game as enjoyable as possible for me and to others until that time happens.

• I understand your point, but you have to understand as well; We will never have enough trusted members to see everything that occurs. We won't be able to keep up with every single RDM, every accused ghoster, hacker, traitor-buddy giveaway, spammer, namechanger, DDOSer, and scripter. It just can't happen. The only way you can try to keep the game enjoyable is to take action the ways that you can; Calling admins, calling VIPs, working with your fellow players to write reports, etc. There will always be a time when there are no VIPs online, and you will have to deal with it the same way then. Why not now?

Post by: Dark Pacifist on October 02, 2012, 02:17:23 AM
Well we could rant on and on about how noone can control every event, that alot of the vips are inactive, or that there are prospective options that haven't been ironed out but it wont get us anywhere. Even my idea of making a sub reg rank with votekick added has it's own issues (mostly due to people who insta vote yes)... But this is an ideas thread of what might help quell the influx of idiots kinda... in my view atleast.  It's not that anyone's opinion is right or wrong it's that we may have to start looking at what's the most controllable option assuming it gets worse.
a little rant:

Dont complain that you cant do anything about problems cause on this server you're lucky enough that anyone can via reporting/ calling someone in I dont know how many servers I've gotten mad at for setting the bar so low that any derpy idiot can become admin without knowing how to enforce rules/ think for themselves. Or just having literaly 2 rules don't hack and don't ddos. Sure alot of these servers are chill but they empty out fast when minges join/ "admins" (retards with power is more like it) abuse.

As regs your job is kinda to call vip's/ admins over to handle ongoing issues and be ready to report the user in question should it be necessary. example: vip's/ admins not responding or offline = get proof and report. If they are available get proof and be ready to show proof if necessary.

As Vip's it really comes down to deciding whether whats happening warrants your capabilities if it requires greater get proof, make report, and voteban player. Usually repeat offenders and problem causers. Hackers, ghosters, and ddosers are upper tier work meaning get proof contact admin and report.
Post by: Castle on October 02, 2012, 06:41:06 AM

It was a joke and you're right about Hideo.
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on October 02, 2012, 09:56:40 PM
Yeah no it's a fact.
*facedesk*
You're being stupid as me
Never
Be
That
Stupid.
Post by: pyrosheep on October 03, 2012, 04:46:52 PM
*facedesk*
You're being stupid as me
Never
Be
That
Stupid.
I know it's not actually a fact, I'm just trying to make a point.

AND FYI, I'm not saying he won't be a good VIP to make me look any better. I would be a shit VIP and would never want it. So please don't think that.
Post by: saivon on October 03, 2012, 07:56:08 PM
Just promote everyone one to admin and let's see what happens.

Or just add a slay system for the vip's and some reg's who are trust worthy.
Post by: Ἆxule on October 03, 2012, 11:58:30 PM
Just promote everyone one to admin and let's see what happens.

Or just add a slay system for the vip's and some reg's who are trust worthy.

Giving it to VIP's was pushing it, but Regular's?
Post by: Shawn on October 04, 2012, 12:52:21 AM
some reg's who are trust worthy.

If they're trustworthy they would already be VIP (assuming they made an app anyways)
Post by: Travelsonic on October 04, 2012, 02:29:41 PM
If they're trustworthy they would already be VIP (assuming they made an app anyways)

Just because somebody is trustworthy doesn't mean they are VIP or vice versa.

Ahhh, gotta fight the temptation to interject some boolean logic, and some of the shit I learned in discrete mathematics into this.
Post by: HideoKojima on October 04, 2012, 04:28:40 PM

Sorry for the late response. Didn't want to respond during my school days, usually all drained out. lol I've lost interest/stopped caring in this topic, because I know anything I ever say will not matter or ever make a difference. Even if a lot of my points are valid.

But It'd be rude of me to not respond to your every comment, seeing as you were one of the few people who would actually support your argument unlike a lot of the others who just go "HURR NO U R WRONG FAGET."

So yea, I guess. Let's go on with it.

"L4D2 Thing? Does this kind of bullshit go around with you guys on the servers? We play L4D2 together because we are all friends. We have been for (some of us) years now. This isn't new, and L4D2 has nothing to do with promotions. Its just friends playing a game, and if you don't believe me, thats on you. Do not try to jab at things you are not certain are true. " 

A lot of VIPS do/did play more on that then actually playing on the servers. Playing with friends is fine. Nothing wrong with that, but with power VIPs shoulda came on a little bit more but a lot of times it just seemed everyone with power was on L4D2. It's a lot less of a problem nowadays(because we have 4 awesome VIPs on pretty often, and soon a 5th one) but it use to be a daily annoyance.  The whole thing just always seemed like a circle jerk. But hey that's just what I think. My opinion isn't a fact.

You said it yourself. The amount of VIPs are not limited at all. But we do not promote players we do not think can handle it, players that we do not know well, players we don't feel we can trust, etc.

Also, we used to demote based on inactivity. They all reapplied and were accepted again, so we no longer do that. If we had problems with those VIPs, demotions are discussed as they are about every other player.

I agree, with that for the most part, amost of VIP do seem like good choices, but there is also one factor left out, whether you admit it or not, and that's being friends with the VIPs.(though I guess that could fall under trust) Pretty sure I already addressed that though.

Eh, kinda lame that someone can leave for 5 months or whatever and come back and still have all that power.

Up until a short time ago, VIPs couldn't even post on other VIPs applications. It was all admin only. Coolz agreed to let us discuss the promotions publicly to help relieve some of that pressure from the few active admins we have left. That being said, you can, at any time, message any VIP or Admin with your concerns about an applicant. That is why they are posted publicly. That is a decision that coolz has made, and is not likely to change without his doing.

Shame. I really think REGs should be able to post everywhere, including the admin section to give their own feedback. As I said REGs make up a lot of the community.
I wanted to post on Akalines Admin App BECAUSE
Also wanted to post on some VIP apps just to give my 2 cents but I can't. Kinda sucks.

I understand your point, but you have to understand as well; We will never have enough trusted members to see everything that occurs. We won't be able to keep up with every single RDM, every accused ghoster, hacker, traitor-buddy giveaway, spammer, namechanger, DDOSer, and scripter. It just can't happen. The only way you can try to keep the game enjoyable is to take action the ways that you can; Calling admins, calling VIPs, working with your fellow players to write reports, etc. There will always be a time when there are no VIPs online, and you will have to deal with it the same way then. Why not now?

Agree with all you said. To answer your question, just to make BS stuff happen even less often. Not much else to really say. Obviously the more VIPs =  less BS going on = more enjoyable for everyone.

It's why I attempted to get it, just to try and make it better while I'm on.
I'm just happy someone I wanted even more then me to get VIP, is getting it.

Post by: Deacon on October 04, 2012, 05:38:11 PM
So yea, I guess. Let's go on with it.

• Ok.

A lot of VIPS do/did play more on that then actually playing on the servers. Playing with friends is fine. Nothing wrong with that, but with power VIPs shoulda came on a little bit more but a lot of times it just seemed everyone with power was on L4D2. It's a lot less of a problem nowadays(because we have 4 awesome VIPs on pretty often, and soon a 5th one) but it use to be a daily annoyance.  The whole thing just always seemed like a circle jerk. But hey that's just what I think. My opinion isn't a fact.

• And back to my point earlier. At any point in time, did you call one of us? You saw us all on, but I haven't been called to help since the servers went down. Last night was the first time.

We, again, aren't obligated to play the game. Admins, even. We are available to help though. All of us.

I agree, with that for the most part, amost of VIP do seem like good choices, but there is also one factor left out, whether you admit it or not, and that's being friends with the VIPs.(though I guess that could fall under trust) Pretty sure I already addressed that though.

• That is exactly what it is. Players who are "friends" are much more likely to trust them. And you'd be friends with VIPs too if you got to know any of them.

Eh, kinda lame that someone can leave for 5 months or whatever and come back and still have all that power.

• All of what power? We can start a vote. There isn't much abuse to be had, and if there is, EVERYONE is watching. They get caught.

Shame. I really think REGs should be able to post everywhere, including the admin section to give their own feedback. As I said REGs make up a lot of the community.
I wanted to post on Akalines Admin App BECAUSE
Also wanted to post on some VIP apps just to give my 2 cents but I can't. Kinda sucks.

• That kind of stuff is not what Coolz is looking for in admin apps. He has said many times that voting members as admins is not something he wants to do. Hell, its a rule on the regular apps too, but no one listens. They are limited to keep the "+1 I like him" comments away. Again, the only way to voice your concerns is a message, and the fact that you took the time to show appreciation/disapproval will more than likely help your case.

Agree with all you said. To answer your question, just to make BS stuff happen even less often. Not much else to really say. Obviously the more VIPs =  less BS going on = more enjoyable for everyone.

• Not always true. Remember a few weeks back when me, juan, and lazer were all playing TTT? We were there trying to catch a suspected ghosting team. You guys yelled at us for missing basic RDMers. You guys must understand that we have many things to watch. That instance was one of the cases where 3 VIPs couldn't help you because we were too focused on something else. Which is why I remind you all to record it/screenshot and report.

And yes, I know. It ruins the game at that time. However, the steam cloud allows you to upload in a few seconds. It wouldn't take long to go and show us that he was actually RDMing, instead of yelling and screaming and calling us retards. We will take action with proof; we have to see it otherwise. You can't punish on hearsay.

It's why I attempted to get it, just to try and make it better while I'm on.
I'm just happy someone I wanted even more then me to get VIP, is getting it.

• Ok.
Post by: Monorail Cat on November 22, 2012, 06:45:52 PM
Well, I would agree with most of this, except for the regular hour requirement.  12 is not nearly enough, if they have the ability to start votes.  I would think that 24-30 is more appropriate, seeing as how one map rotation on TTT could take 30-45 min.  Also, I don't think that the power to mute is necessary.  One of the greatest things I like about RND's servers is that "If you do not like someone's mike, MUTE THEM YOURSELF."  But the rest, I don't have any quarrel with.