Nay or yay to a short trial period?

Nay
11 (30.6%)
Yay
18 (50%)
I have a better idea
7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Regular/VIP  (Read 1051 times)

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
Re: Regular/VIP
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2012, 04:28:40 PM »

Sorry for the late response. Didn't want to respond during my school days, usually all drained out. lol I've lost interest/stopped caring in this topic, because I know anything I ever say will not matter or ever make a difference. Even if a lot of my points are valid.

But It'd be rude of me to not respond to your every comment, seeing as you were one of the few people who would actually support your argument unlike a lot of the others who just go "HURR NO U R WRONG FAGET."

So yea, I guess. Let's go on with it.

"L4D2 Thing? Does this kind of bullshit go around with you guys on the servers? We play L4D2 together because we are all friends. We have been for (some of us) years now. This isn't new, and L4D2 has nothing to do with promotions. Its just friends playing a game, and if you don't believe me, thats on you. Do not try to jab at things you are not certain are true. " 

A lot of VIPS do/did play more on that then actually playing on the servers. Playing with friends is fine. Nothing wrong with that, but with power VIPs shoulda came on a little bit more but a lot of times it just seemed everyone with power was on L4D2. It's a lot less of a problem nowadays(because we have 4 awesome VIPs on pretty often, and soon a 5th one) but it use to be a daily annoyance.  The whole thing just always seemed like a circle jerk. But hey that's just what I think. My opinion isn't a fact.

You said it yourself. The amount of VIPs are not limited at all. But we do not promote players we do not think can handle it, players that we do not know well, players we don't feel we can trust, etc.

Also, we used to demote based on inactivity. They all reapplied and were accepted again, so we no longer do that. If we had problems with those VIPs, demotions are discussed as they are about every other player.

I agree, with that for the most part, amost of VIP do seem like good choices, but there is also one factor left out, whether you admit it or not, and that's being friends with the VIPs.(though I guess that could fall under trust) Pretty sure I already addressed that though.

Eh, kinda lame that someone can leave for 5 months or whatever and come back and still have all that power.

Up until a short time ago, VIPs couldn't even post on other VIPs applications. It was all admin only. Coolz agreed to let us discuss the promotions publicly to help relieve some of that pressure from the few active admins we have left. That being said, you can, at any time, message any VIP or Admin with your concerns about an applicant. That is why they are posted publicly. That is a decision that coolz has made, and is not likely to change without his doing.

Shame. I really think REGs should be able to post everywhere, including the admin section to give their own feedback. As I said REGs make up a lot of the community.
I wanted to post on Akalines Admin App BECAUSE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also wanted to post on some VIP apps just to give my 2 cents but I can't. Kinda sucks.

I understand your point, but you have to understand as well; We will never have enough trusted members to see everything that occurs. We won't be able to keep up with every single RDM, every accused ghoster, hacker, traitor-buddy giveaway, spammer, namechanger, DDOSer, and scripter. It just can't happen. The only way you can try to keep the game enjoyable is to take action the ways that you can; Calling admins, calling VIPs, working with your fellow players to write reports, etc. There will always be a time when there are no VIPs online, and you will have to deal with it the same way then. Why not now?

Agree with all you said. To answer your question, just to make BS stuff happen even less often. Not much else to really say. Obviously the more VIPs =  less BS going on = more enjoyable for everyone.

It's why I attempted to get it, just to try and make it better while I'm on.
I'm just happy someone I wanted even more then me to get VIP, is getting it.

*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2012, 05:38:11 PM »
So yea, I guess. Let's go on with it.

• Ok.

A lot of VIPS do/did play more on that then actually playing on the servers. Playing with friends is fine. Nothing wrong with that, but with power VIPs shoulda came on a little bit more but a lot of times it just seemed everyone with power was on L4D2. It's a lot less of a problem nowadays(because we have 4 awesome VIPs on pretty often, and soon a 5th one) but it use to be a daily annoyance.  The whole thing just always seemed like a circle jerk. But hey that's just what I think. My opinion isn't a fact.

• And back to my point earlier. At any point in time, did you call one of us? You saw us all on, but I haven't been called to help since the servers went down. Last night was the first time.

We, again, aren't obligated to play the game. Admins, even. We are available to help though. All of us.

I agree, with that for the most part, amost of VIP do seem like good choices, but there is also one factor left out, whether you admit it or not, and that's being friends with the VIPs.(though I guess that could fall under trust) Pretty sure I already addressed that though.

• That is exactly what it is. Players who are "friends" are much more likely to trust them. And you'd be friends with VIPs too if you got to know any of them.

Eh, kinda lame that someone can leave for 5 months or whatever and come back and still have all that power.

• All of what power? We can start a vote. There isn't much abuse to be had, and if there is, EVERYONE is watching. They get caught.

Shame. I really think REGs should be able to post everywhere, including the admin section to give their own feedback. As I said REGs make up a lot of the community.
I wanted to post on Akalines Admin App BECAUSE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also wanted to post on some VIP apps just to give my 2 cents but I can't. Kinda sucks.

• That kind of stuff is not what Coolz is looking for in admin apps. He has said many times that voting members as admins is not something he wants to do. Hell, its a rule on the regular apps too, but no one listens. They are limited to keep the "+1 I like him" comments away. Again, the only way to voice your concerns is a message, and the fact that you took the time to show appreciation/disapproval will more than likely help your case.

Agree with all you said. To answer your question, just to make BS stuff happen even less often. Not much else to really say. Obviously the more VIPs =  less BS going on = more enjoyable for everyone.

• Not always true. Remember a few weeks back when me, juan, and lazer were all playing TTT? We were there trying to catch a suspected ghosting team. You guys yelled at us for missing basic RDMers. You guys must understand that we have many things to watch. That instance was one of the cases where 3 VIPs couldn't help you because we were too focused on something else. Which is why I remind you all to record it/screenshot and report.

And yes, I know. It ruins the game at that time. However, the steam cloud allows you to upload in a few seconds. It wouldn't take long to go and show us that he was actually RDMing, instead of yelling and screaming and calling us retards. We will take action with proof; we have to see it otherwise. You can't punish on hearsay.

It's why I attempted to get it, just to try and make it better while I'm on.
I'm just happy someone I wanted even more then me to get VIP, is getting it.

• Ok.

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2012, 06:45:52 PM »
Well, I would agree with most of this, except for the regular hour requirement.  12 is not nearly enough, if they have the ability to start votes.  I would think that 24-30 is more appropriate, seeing as how one map rotation on TTT could take 30-45 min.  Also, I don't think that the power to mute is necessary.  One of the greatest things I like about RND's servers is that "If you do not like someone's mike, MUTE THEM YOURSELF."  But the rest, I don't have any quarrel with.