Nay or yay to a short trial period?

Nay
11 (30.6%)
Yay
18 (50%)
I have a better idea
7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Regular/VIP  (Read 1051 times)

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
Re: Regular/VIP
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 10:42:31 AM »
Maybe its you who is the one who doesn't play enough

Who are you?  http://i.imgur.com/lPx7F.jpg
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 10:46:15 AM »
Well excuse me for not being on the top ten.
As if playtime actually mattered

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 11:01:14 AM »
Well excuse me for not being on the top ten.
As if playtime actually mattered

>Maybe its you who is the one who doesn't play enough
>As if playtime actually mattered
wut   ???

Make up your mind!  :trollface:

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 11:04:54 AM »
>abandons thread

Offline pyrosheep

• the future is unwritten!
  • Respect: +82
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 11:08:01 AM »
Yeah... let's not turn this thread of suggestions into a fight for rankings...
Quote from: Death M.D.
atleast in real life i have abs and i fuck any girl i see at a bar , youre all fucking gaming losers.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »
I win.  :)

Anywayssssss to go back on topic. Yea, I've been wanting/have suggested stuff like this in game for the longest time. Hopefully something is done. More VIPS or a change in the system so regulars can actually do something would be nice. I think the second option would be better, as someone said before VIP is kinda a big power and only ones who really deserve it and wouldn't abuse it, should actually get it.

I probably won't to signing up again for another month or something. Seeing as everyone hates me right now lol.
Though I think I'd be a good VIP.

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
  • Respect: +373
    • The Vault
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 11:34:05 AM »
+2
if anything is going to happen maybe add a new rank between REG and VIP

But I really don't want to see all the 100's of REGs getting more power that just gives me flash backs to the respectard days...

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 11:50:10 AM »
if anything is going to happen maybe add a new rank between REG and VIP

But I really don't want to see all the 100's of REGs getting more power that just gives me flash backs to the respectard days...

While I agree with this, the only problem is it kinda brings into question about whether all VIPs deserve their rank, maybe they only deserved the new rank(I certainly know someone who doesn't deserve VIP, and only deserves reg)? And wouldn't that rank be close enough for VIP anyways? Like if they are good enough for TrustedRegular(let's just call it that) why can't they just go for VIP if they were good enough for TrustedRegular?
 ..meh that wall of text barely made any sense. lol

I think the best solution like I said is just for more active/trusted regulars to be VIP or for regulars to get a vote to kick power. Because regular is completely useless if a VIP isn't on.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:55:39 AM by HideoKojima »

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »
  I'm just adding this in for people who say "VIP's and Admins aren't on enough" just because a VIP does not always play in the server everyday, there is almost always at least a VIP that is online that can be of assistance, like me for example: I am on just about all day every day, and yet no one ever messages me about anything, it's just gotten to the point where I don't really bother to check my messages in case someone does need help, because I know no one will be asking for my assistance. The case that VIPs and Admins are not always available is completely invalid, and all it shows is that this is just suggestion in which a person of lower rank see's an easier way to achieve larger amounts of power while in game.

To add a greater amount of responsibility to a lower rank would not only lower the value of having a higher rank, but increase the chances of abuse, with the amount of regulars there are. I suppose if others are willing to give it a go though, be my guest.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline pyrosheep

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »
  I'm just adding this in for people who say "VIP's and Admins aren't on enough" just because a VIP does not always play in the server everyday, there is almost always at least a VIP that is online that can be of assistance, like me for example: I am on just about all day every day, and yet no one ever messages me about anything, it's just gotten to the point where I don't really bother to check my messages in case someone does need help, because I know no one will be asking for my assistance. The case that VIPs and Admins are not always available is completely invalid, and all it shows is that this is just suggestion in which a person of lower rank see's an easier way to achieve larger amounts of power while in game.

To add a greater amount of responsibility to a lower rank would not only lower the value of having a higher rank, but increase the chances of abuse, with the amount of regulars there are. I suppose if others are willing to give it a go though, be my guest.
I don't like messaging people for help because I feel like I'm bothering them, might just be me.
But adding the value to a lower rank also means adding value to the next highest rank aswell. I think that if we increase the value of reg we also need to be more strict about promotion and demotion.
atleast in real life i have abs and i fuck any girl i see at a bar , youre all fucking gaming losers.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 12:41:55 PM »
I don't like messaging people for help because I feel like I'm bothering them, might just be me.
But adding the value to a lower rank also means adding value to the next highest rank aswell. I think that if we increase the value of reg we also need to be more strict about promotion and demotion.

"I don't like messaging people for help because I feel like I'm bothering them, might just be me."
I agree with this. I hate bugging people just to say "Hey yeah. I need you to leave your game/whatever you are doing and come kick/ban this guy" Obviously not said like that, but you know, that's summing it up.

Also the other problem is what if the person doesn't respond/never comes?(I'm talking multiple times of never comes, granted this has never happened to me, because I hardly ever message VIPs, this is more of a "What if" scenario ) This can bring up an issue of whether or not the person being messaged deserves VIP powers and this can create retarded drama. And I'm not one for drama.

Offline pyrosheep

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
I also just want to clarify that I'm not bashing VIPs at all.

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 12:46:13 PM »
What Marie said.

I have countless times asked people to call me in if anything is going wrong, but only about 3-5 people ever do.

But seriously I am almos ALWAYS around my computer (note the almost) so call me in, also I'm almost always in TTT... So yeah.

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Zevante

• Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 12:48:09 PM »
You're not bothering them, and if you are, they shouldn't be VIP. The job isn't just for the tag, or so you can votekick anyone who is ruining your fun, it has responsibilities as well.
Let's not jack up the ranking system. Maybe make VIP a bit easier to acquire, but otherwise it's just fine. As stated earlier, bolstering reg power will make VIPs less important, same with admins.

Offline pyrosheep

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 12:56:23 PM »
But still that's not the point.
the point is that I think it would be easier if we had some sort of second tier rank or we tried giving regs a bit more power seeing as they're on the most, and equalizing that by giving VIP auto kick. I think that trying it for a few days wouldn't hurt. Discussing voting with other regs on the server before making a rash decision of starting a vote would make it a bit easier on the server.