Author Topic: Have a suggestion for the rules? Maybe a modificaiton?  (Read 767 times)

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
Re: Have a suggestion for the rules? Maybe a modificaiton?
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2012, 10:59:30 AM »
Glad to see you're still mad because of TF2, but if you would actually play ZS, you would understand that sky cading is much worse since its a 95% guaranteed victory for the humans when in the anchor humans used to lose the game most of the time when they were in that spot.

You're hilarious.

Please, do continue.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2012, 11:38:04 AM »
Suggestion to the TTT rules:
16. Baiting other innocents into shooting you with an intent to make their karma go down is not allowed and will result in a ban without a warning.

And for fucks sake update the OP already with the new Zs rules.
Just no. It's allowed as it should be allowed.
I would make it something more along the lines of "not recommended and in some cases is bannable by VIP/admin judgement."

But I guess I'll edit the OP later with some of these rules or suggest coolz to do so. Probably tomorrow or possibly tonight as I'm too tired right now. If someone bumps the thread tomorrow in case I forget that would probably help. Or just PM me obviously, either or.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2012, 11:46:05 AM »
Just no. It's allowed as it should be allowed.
I would make it something more along the lines of "not recommended and in some cases is bannable by VIP/admin judgement."

But I guess I'll edit the OP later with some of these rules or suggest coolz to do so. Probably tomorrow or possibly tonight as I'm too tired right now. If someone bumps the thread tomorrow in case I forget that would probably help. Or just PM me obviously, either or.
19. Traitor baiting is dependent on the situation, but generally frowned upon. Up to each VIP/admin's personal judgement

That's what it is like in the wiki right now. And I absolutely disagree with making it allowed, it would be much better just to leave it as it is right now.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2012, 01:23:51 PM »
19. Traitor baiting is dependent on the situation, but generally frowned upon. Up to each VIP/admin's personal judgement

That's what it is like in the wiki right now. And I absolutely disagree with making it allowed, it would be much better just to leave it as it is right now.
Then that's what I'm saying lol. It's fine to ban for it in some situations but it's not necessarily officially against the rules, which is how it really should be.

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2012, 02:50:53 PM »
Why should I? So that all the people who use those methods would disagree with me? Because so far they were the only people who disagreed. And the fact that I made this whole thread almost by myself can prove that I do have a good understanding of rules and the current hosted game modes(or most of them). And if you are calling us biased then you two are biased as well.

And could you just fucking stop with that old and new ZS bullshit? I've already heard people saying that shit and it's not the case why I'm doing this. In case you all haven't been aware, I've been updating the rules all the fucking time.

Now when you say that I ruin the ZS you obviously only think about yourselves. You don't care that 10 or more zombies have to desperately try to get to the humans when all they can do is die or make a few scratches on a board which does not matter since by the time the board breaks the cader regens 2 more boards. And in case someone actually thinks that using those methods is "pro" then, they're fucking retarded.
And yet that spot in Zs_anchor is banned but you think the sky cading is fine? Sky cading gives a much bigger advantage then that spot.
Also I've seen people having a sky cade fully built at wave 5 or 6 so yeah, nah.
Ok prox I have never made tree house probably once or twice, I don't do it everytime I get the chance. Also I never said people that make it are "pro" I just find it a way to survive, the point of the game is survive. And also I've been he zombie MANY. Times going for sky cades that alkaline and kurtis have made, but I never raged got frustrated or gave up, I just continued to play.

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »
Ok prox I have never made tree house probably once or twice, I don't do it everytime I get the chance. Also I never said people that make it are "pro" I just find it a way to survive, the point of the game is survive. And also I've been he zombie MANY. Times going for sky cades that alkaline and kurtis have made, but I never raged got frustrated or gave up, I just continued to play.
Perhaps you didn't but I'm sure as hell other zombies did and lets face it, you would have much rather preferred them to be in a place where you could have killed them then in the sky cade.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2012, 12:00:25 PM »
A suggestion for TTT:

- Killing somebody must be justifiable with something substantial - DNA, T weapons, killing and/or hurting others without reason, a "I'm with" being followed with that person being found dead by that very person they said they were with, etc.

Why?

People who come up with some of the stupidest horseshit to justify killing somebody else, and then turns around and gets belligerent when somebody dares to turn around and say, "That is bullshit, here's why".

For example, and I still have the demo amongst the thousands on my external hard drive, on Crazy Cubes, it was mentioned that Traitors liked to hesitate, and do nothing.  Everybody was breaking the cubes, which as anyone knows, makes it hard to trait.  I was merely pointing out that the reason they stagnate is because without the glass, the map becomes too open to reasonably act, and what happens?  *BAM* shot by Pilot.  I happened to be a Traitor.  Next round we get into an argument, I point out that he had no reason, and he stuck to the guns that making observations I made, which could be based on previous rounds, but are still ones anyone could make, T or not, was enough.

Seriously, common sense must exist somewhere.  Common sense must draw a line between something being solid, something being justifiable, something being hard to prove but sorta ok, and something being so horseshit that it can't be anything but RDM.  Sure it doesn't really happen often relatively speaking, but it happens, and others are getting the idea that this practice is OK, which - especially with all the Youtube driven newfags - is not OK at all.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:41:49 PM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2012, 12:41:05 PM »
Killing someone because of stupid reasons is equal to an RDM.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2012, 12:56:26 PM »
Killing someone because of stupid reasons is equal to an RDM.
This. If anything just mention it where ever it mentions RDM in the rules. Like just add on (killing without any substantial reasoning is considered RDM).

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2012, 01:42:27 PM »
This. If anything just mention it where ever it mentions RDM in the rules. Like just add on (killing without any substantial reasoning is considered RDM).

That would be much simpler than adding a whole new rule - I guess my suggestion was much more suited as an addendum note.

I think such a note is especially imperative with the swarm of Youtube newfags who come on this and other TTT servers, after watching videos of idiots who RDM, etc, and do the same.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2012, 02:11:52 PM »
you know, when i used to play TTT, there were sometimes i killed traitors not using a DNA scanner, seeing him kill or hit someone or what was mentioned above.
how?

because if in the pre round you are in a room getting ammo with someone else, the rounds starts and he doesn't take the chance to kill you, you can assume he is an innocent.

I believe that karma is enough to punish a kill that ended up in a mistake, ATLEAST the reason of the kill was really stupid like "he looked at the wall"

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2012, 02:55:28 PM »
Please invite me when the youtube halfwits get on, I'll gladly ban them all.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2012, 03:35:09 PM »
you know, when i used to play TTT, there were sometimes i killed traitors not using a DNA scanner, seeing him kill or hit someone or what was mentioned above.
how?

because if in the pre round you are in a room getting ammo with someone else, the rounds starts and he doesn't take the chance to kill you, you can assume he is an innocent.

But the problem with that is, it is never a sure thing.  Sure, an inno may not kill you then and there, then again a T for whatever may not always start shooting at you either - regardless of the reason [not getting a good gun/ammo, being chicken, or playing a psychological game with you]. 

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2012, 03:56:04 PM »
But the problem with that is, it is never a sure thing.  Sure, an inno may not kill you then and there, then again a T for whatever may not always start shooting at you either - regardless of the reason [not getting a good gun/ammo, being chicken, or playing a psychological game with you]. 
A suggestion for TTT:

- Killing somebody must be justifiable with something substantial - DNA, T weapons, killing and/or hurting others without reason, a "I'm with" being followed with that person being found dead by that very person they said they were with, etc.

DNA, can be an innocent that killed another innocent, or even and innocent going derp and killing detective.

T weapons, can be found if traitors drop it or if someone kills a traitor.

Killing / hurting, still can be an innocent.

Nothing will be allways reliable, at least someone have a knife at second 3 of the round.

Pretty much, the player should be able to argument the kills with something that gives chances of the guy being traitor.

I have killed a traitor just because he dropped the DNA scanner in a place hard to find, because i found it weird.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:58:27 PM by memo3300 »

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2012, 05:10:11 PM »
On the spawncamping thing:  Honestly...

The camping mobile spawns thing is great, make perfect sense, but allowing it for nonmobile [i.e MAP] spawns, with no other rules, is just..... no.

No rule on props means somebody can use props to surround a map spawn, and camp that - and how exactly, with that the case, can you enjoy the game if you *herp* can't play it?