Author Topic: Have a suggestion for the rules? Maybe a modificaiton?  (Read 760 times)

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
Re: Have a suggestion for the rules? Maybe a modificaiton?
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2012, 05:28:44 PM »
On the spawncamping thing:  Honestly...

The camping mobile spawns thing is great, make perfect sense, but allowing it for nonmobile [i.e MAP] spawns, with no other rules, is just..... no.

No rule on props means somebody can use props to surround a map spawn, and camp that - and how exactly, with that the case, can you enjoy the game if you *herp* can't play it?

Im guessing stronghold right?

i thought its kickable to spawncamp outside spawns.

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2012, 06:11:19 PM »

The camping mobile spawns thing is great, make perfect sense, but allowing it for nonmobile [i.e MAP] spawns, with no other rules, is just..... no.

No rule on props means somebody can use props to surround a map spawn, and camp that - and how exactly, with that the case, can you enjoy the game if you *herp* can't play it?

Blocking map spawns would fall under jurisdiction of rule #2 and would be subject to punishment.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2012, 07:01:46 PM »
Im guessing stronghold right?

i thought its kickable to spawncamp outside spawns.

Not according to OP it seems.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2012, 08:17:16 PM »

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2012, 02:26:47 AM »

Camping map spawns is not a problem at all since there are plenty of them all across the map and you get a spawn protection as well. In fact making it not allowed could actually cause more problems since a lot of players who don't make bases or camp one specific spot usually are more or less near to a map spawn and I can already imagine how someone spawns in front of someone and then he gets killed and says "stop spawncamping etc".

2. Blocking map spawns is not allowed

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2013, 02:39:35 PM »
Rule list for TTT on the Wiki modified with this:
3. Players must do something(ie pull out a knife, plant c4, shoot or kill someone) before they can be suspected and killed. Killing a player at the start of the round before he has done anything is NOT ALLOWED!

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2013, 08:04:37 AM »
ZS: Spamming ammo crates, or standing on hem to prevent people from using them, regardless of what is inside them, should not be allowed.  I know many VIPS, and admins, have been [rightfully] anal the few times one has been on and we played on a map when this was a problem, but it'd be easier to control if it were a rule as IMO it is damn annoying, and could even be construed as aiding the zombie team in a way I doubt many people would find reasonable on the part of a human teammate.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2013, 08:01:36 AM »
+2
ZS: Spamming ammo crates, or standing on hem to prevent people from using them, regardless of what is inside them, should not be allowed.  I know many VIPS, and admins, have been [rightfully] anal the few times one has been on and we played on a map when this was a problem, but it'd be easier to control if it were a rule as IMO it is damn annoying, and could even be construed as aiding the zombie team in a way I doubt many people would find reasonable on the part of a human teammate.
Ammo crates are optional, not vital to the gameplay and I personally never had problems with people spamming or standing on top of it, I even do it myself.
 It's actually even better when someone does this because then those people who want to get more ammo/nades that they'll ever need actually may think about focusing on the main objective or at least to share the ammo with others, and I myself have never seen anyone who would stand on the ammo crate for the entire time just to be dick, he either get's bored or just simply gets killed by the zombies.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2013, 09:03:12 AM »
Ammo crates are optional, not vital to the gameplay

Ammo is always a necessity - whether you are stuck with a shit gun and pump your bullets into a Z only to lose it to another player [exemplifying the need for assist kills], or just redeemed with little ammo, if a gun at all, or only find a shit gun with no ammo, or used more shots than needed due to gmod's hitboxes getting consistently worse since gmod 13. 

One problem I think is the amount of ammo given.  Perhaps if that amount was considerably lower then my argument would be easier to agree with

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2013, 09:23:12 AM »
  One problem I think is the amount of ammo given.  Perhaps if that amount was considerably lower then my argument would be easier to agree with

If reality was different, my point would make sense.

Except its not. So no I disagree. I don't like people spamming crates but making it a rule is stupid. Youll drive off people who usually dont know any better. Try talking to them, instead of kicking them. As many of our VIPs and admins are aware, asking before action solves the problem 9 times out of 10.