Author Topic: Have a suggestion for the rules? Maybe a modificaiton?  (Read 760 times)

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
  • Respect: +62
Re: Have a suggestion for the rules? Maybe a modificaiton?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 04:22:44 AM »

3. Traitors must get first blood. Killing as an innocent before any body is found is bad and is not allowed

should be more like

3. Traitors must do something(ie pull out a knife, plant c4, shoot or kill someone) before they can be suspected and killed.

Thank you that's what I was trying to say.

That is just very stupid.

So you are saying that we should just let them do anything until they kill someone with a knife in their hands? Really?

No I was saying that's what that sentence states, and the sentence should be changed accordingly because newer, and a longtime on occasion, players can very easily get confused of the rules if they're written incorrectly and not actually the rules, rightly so I might add. My apologies for explaining my points so terribly :c

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 05:49:36 AM »
Keep in mind that the official server rules can be found here.

Also it would be nice to see an in-game command such as "!rules" which would allow for everyone to take a look at the rules anytime they want.
It would be great that there would be a redirect to the wiki rule page too
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 05:52:28 AM by Prox »

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 07:51:32 AM »
Actually, I think this should be discussed. I personally think that killing with a map trap should in any situation be fine as long as you don't lose karma for it and it's not a detective or traitor buddy that you're killing. Keep in mind, it's not like we have any maps that can kill a large amount of people on the server without it really being to their fault without losing karma.
And it does sound silly, but basically I don't consider it RDM if the trap doesn't affect karma. If it does, obviously it is RDM. Basically people can always really quite easily avoid being killed by any non-karmable map trap, and it's simply part of the map anyways. If that's there and a problem, the map simply should be removed. But anyways, non-karmable map traps can actually be an easy way to get rid of foolish/reckless players more or less. Can eliminate people you might suspect and stuff in a way that I personally think is fairly legitimate, as again, there's not really any map trap that's non-karmable which you can not simply avoid.

I'm really having trouble agreeing with this.

I mean, at ts core, if you're killing somebody for no reason at all, it's RDM, it doesn't matter if you use props, map traps, or guns, or if your kamra is affected at all, or if its part of the map.  Last thing we need is any kind of loophole to make playing difficult.

lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 08:17:05 AM »
I'm really having trouble agreeing with this.

I mean, at ts core, if you're killing somebody for no reason at all, it's RDM, it doesn't matter if you use props, map traps, or guns, or if your kamra is affected at all, or if its part of the map.  Last thing we need is any kind of loophole to make playing difficult.
The main purpose of the traps is to kill people. I don't see a single reason why we should not allow players use all the features of the map.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 08:31:22 AM »
The main purpose of the traps is to kill people. I don't see a single reason why we should not allow players use all the features of the map.

Um, last I checked "Unless you are a Traitor, killing people with map traps for no reason shouldn't be allowed" is not saying what you suggest.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 08:42:38 AM »
Um, last I checked "Unless you are a Traitor, killing people with map traps for no reason shouldn't be allowed" is not saying what you suggest.
13. Using map traps (i.e. the electric trap in ttt_whitehouse) to kill others is allowed, but using them to kill teammates is not.

14. Killing other players in any way that does not effect your karma unless it is a map trap is NOT ALLOWED!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:44:10 AM by Prox »

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 01:03:25 PM »
Indestructible props = indestructible nails. 

3. Traitors must get first blood. Killing as an innocent before any body is found is bad and is not allowed

should be more like

3. Traitors must do something(ie pull out a knife, plant c4, shoot or kill someone) before they can be suspected and killed.
2. Yes, that's what I'm saying lol.

6. Obviously I'm saying that it should be updated then, clearly I'm aware that's is always been like that as I enforce it.

7. Again, kind of what I'm saying.

11. Yes, but I think it should be reworded that was as people often interpret the rule differently somehow and say "no, that kind of prop killing isn't allowed", etc.

14. Yes, should the rules not be consistent? lol Again, people take the rules quite literally often, and would easily be confused by two contradicting rules.

16. It really depends for me. It can often be worse when they do it in a group and try to make it convincing to make everyone lose karma. Often if they do it in a group it just ends up turning into a huge chain of killing. So still really depends on the situation.

With your edit, I guess I can agree, though I've never had a problem with players taking the rule quite that literally.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 03:27:45 PM »
13. Using map traps (i.e. the electric trap in ttt_whitehouse) to kill others is allowed, but using them to kill teammates is not.

14. Killing other players in any way that does not effect your karma unless it is a map trap is NOT ALLOWED!

How does this address my point?

You just reiterated the current proposed rule, with the same loophole we've been arguing about.

EDIT:

Another thought: Append the rule so far as what constitutes baiting.

Why not make it "As innocent or detective, any action that provokes another player into shooting - injuring or killing - the player provoking"?

Shooting around somebody is not the only act one can reasonably call baiting, IMO.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:32:57 PM by Travelsonic »

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 11:00:02 AM »
+1
A few modifications to Zs rules that must be implemented:

16. Making sky cades aka tree houses that are high enough that zombies aren't able to damage it from below is allowed but it really should not. It's a massive waste of time for the zombies and it's far too easy to win for the humans, it only causes people to rage quit.

17. Using large pools of water to avoid getting hit by the zombies is considered as delaying the round and should be not allowed
It's almost just as bad as sky cading if not worse.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »
17. Using large pools of water to avoid getting hit by the zombies is considered as delaying the round and should be not allowed
Wtf? That's just a part of the game, I never really considered that a problem or heard people complain about it as a problem.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »
Wtf? That's just a part of the game, I never really considered that a problem or heard people complain about it as a problem.
You don't hear them complaining because they rage quit. In such maps as abstraction it is next to impossible to even hit someone in the water, trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 01:28:54 PM »
+1
16. Making sky cades aka tree houses that are high enough that zombies aren't able to damage it from below is allowed but it really should not. It's a massive waste of time for the zombies and it's far too easy to win for the humans, it only causes people to rage quit.
I agree with this. The only problem is that people who are use to doing it will complain about it and will use the excuse that they saw someone do it before.
I think the code for the aegis should be edited so people can't put boards in abstract positions. In other words, it places the board parallel to the surface it's being applied to rather than checking if a piece of the board is inside of world geometry. Doing this would make the game A LOT more bearable.

It's fucking horrible enough that zombies have limited control to hit humans. Once again, instead of having to repeatedly enforce this rule and listen to people complain, the code SHOULD be edited so humans can have: lower air supply, humans would move slower in water, and slower regain of oxygen rather than an immediate one.

EDIT: In addition to improving the cade kit, make the chem explosion check for prop_physics within a specific radius of the chem explosion and ignite them. Glitched cades work due to the fact that the origin of the plank is hidden from the origin of the chem explosion, so igniting the planks should help out.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:26:43 PM by Alkaline »
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Cryptokid

• Windows UserLinux UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• So I heard you like userbars
  • Respect: +211
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2012, 01:09:26 AM »
 I wouldn't be so quick to ban sky cades. Think about what it takes to get one started:
- 20 kills for a cade kit
- several minutes for enough regens to be able to make a platform
- time to actually make a safe platform that can't be hurt from fasties

If the zombies know you are making a sky cade or preparing one and make no push or do anything about it, then I think they deserve having to figure out how to deal with the tough cade. On top of this, I seem to recall a number of occasions where large tree house cades were completely destroyed due to teamwork on the zombies behalf. Sometimes the zombies just really suck lol.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:11:00 AM by Cryptokid »

Offline Doctor Who

• Slippery midget
  • Starcraft 2
  • Respect: +170
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2012, 01:37:45 AM »
It's fucking horrible enough that zombies have limited control to hit humans. Once again, instead of having to repeatedly enforce this rule and listen to people complain, the code SHOULD be edited so humans can have: lower air supply, humans would move slower in water, and slower regain of oxygen rather than an immediate one.
Then, what would be the use of objective maps like checkpoint if we're going to move slower in water with less air supply

Thanks Crypto for this banner <3

I WAS TELEPORTING EVERYWHERE
TOTALL BS
i was at 2.5k ping
gggg
LOL -Alex

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 04:32:17 AM »
I wouldn't be so quick to ban sky cades. Think about what it takes to get one started:
- 20 kills for a cade kit
- several minutes for enough regens to be able to make a platform
- time to actually make a safe platform that can't be hurt from fasties

If the zombies know you are making a sky cade or preparing one and make no push or do anything about it, then I think they deserve having to figure out how to deal with the tough cade. On top of this, I seem to recall a number of occasions where large tree house cades were completely destroyed due to teamwork on the zombies behalf. Sometimes the zombies just really suck lol.
That does not matter at all. The point is that it's far too easy to win in that cade.
Besides zombies might not be always aware that someone is making a sky cade and even if they are, they might not be able to get close enough without getting killed.