Author Topic: DayZ - a Zombie Survival modification for Arma 2  (Read 3707 times)

Offline pyrosheep

• the future is unwritten!
  • Respect: +82
Re: DayZ - a Zombie Survival modification for Arma 2
« Reply #465 on: September 01, 2012, 06:28:03 PM »
The game is so unforgiving. I literally just found a bike and then someone shithead comes by 2 seconds later and shoots me in the face. It's still fun.
Quote from: Death M.D.
atleast in real life i have abs and i fuck any girl i see at a bar , youre all fucking gaming losers.

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerCat LoverDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• the power of the scout's code
  • Respect: +256
« Reply #466 on: September 01, 2012, 07:12:07 PM »
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
  • Linux UserWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
  • Respect: +331
« Reply #467 on: September 01, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »
The game is so unforgiving. I literally just found a bike and then someone shithead comes by 2 seconds later and shoots me in the face. It's still fun.
Every player, within 10-15 minutes of death can have access to ghille, any gun (legit or not) of their choice, several thousand rounds, and all equipment. Not to mention the thousands of hacked servers, and empty servers where  players can loot unopposed, except for zed that are too weak to pose a real threat.
Other than that, yeah its really unforgiving. Very hard.
Minecraft is less forgiving...
Code: [Select]
for(;;) procrastinate = !procrastinate;Damn emoticons

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #468 on: September 01, 2012, 10:23:03 PM »
+1
Every player, within 10-15 minutes of death can have access to ghille, any gun (legit or not) of their choice, several thousand rounds, and all equipment. Not to mention the thousands of hacked servers, and empty servers where  players can loot unopposed, except for zed that are too weak to pose a real threat.

how exactly do you get any gun and thousands of rounds in 15 minutes

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #469 on: September 01, 2012, 10:24:51 PM »
how exactly do you get any gun and thousands of rounds in 15 minutes
"oh shit I died, quickly, walk to any island."
Or better yet, "Oh shit I died, walk to skalisky island"

You have played recently correct? Its gotten awful to say the least.

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
    View More Badges!

« Reply #470 on: September 01, 2012, 10:29:05 PM »
Everything which you just said is so wrong.

Within 10 minutes the most you can get is a Mosin or a Makarov (m1911 if your lucky)
Several thousand rounds won't even fit, only like 5 rounds could be carried unless you have a food/medical mule.
You need to run to several towns or server hop to get all the equipment.
Hacked servers aren't connected to the main character base. Empty servers = night servers which make you carry flashlights or impossible to get in.
Zombies can kick your ass if all you have is a pistol, even with a high tier gun you want to run into the forest to get them off.
In both minecraft and DayZ you have a timed limit to get back to your dead body to get your stuff back.
But with minecraft you can craft anything back within 10 minutes of the game prior to dayz you have to be lucky enough to found the same thing spawned.

TL;DR It takes over an hour to get decent gear in this game
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:30:46 PM by Lavenchie »
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #471 on: September 01, 2012, 10:35:56 PM »
Everything which you just said is so wrong.

Within 10 minutes the most you can get is a Mosin or a Makarov (m1911 if your lucky)
Several thousand rounds won't even fit, only like 5 rounds could be carried unless you have a food/medical mule.
You need to run to several towns or server hop to get all the equipment.
Hacked servers aren't connected to the main character base. Empty servers = night servers which make you carry flashlights or impossible to get in.
Zombies can kick your ass if all you have is a pistol, even with a high tier gun you want to run into the forest to get them off.
In both minecraft and DayZ you have a timed limit to get back to your dead body to get your stuff back.
But with minecraft you can craft anything back within 10 minutes of the game prior to dayz you have to be lucky enough to found the same thing spawned.

TL;DR It takes over an hour to get decent gear in this game
Tents. Tents are broken as hell right now and anything place in there, respawns upon server restart. You dont have the choice to abuse it or not, and there are tents all over the place, particularly on islands

Have ACCESS to serveral thousand rounds, not have them in your inventory

Read above

You would be surprised how many servers are "hacked" (dont check battle eye global bans, or enforce script restrictions). I found several in an hour using my old key

Zombies are pretty easy to kill when you have a tent full of stanags, a pdw, and a supressed m4. Nopt to mention you simply have to run through a bush to get away (they became stupid recently) and you can prone to avoid them

MC/dayz was for comparison. And also, for dayz, you have a very long time to return to your body, only an issue if its found by a player

TL;DR, everything I said is right if the player wants it to be.

Example. I got killed, spawned at krutoy cap. 5 minutes later I was rocking an m4 CCO SD, a coyote pack, 6 mags, an as50 TWS in my backpack, GPS, NVGS, and a helicopter. And that wasnt my camp. And this is very similar across many, many servers. And it wasnt my camp. And the owners of the camp wernt affected, because after a server restart, its all back, not to mention that because tents dont save correctly, they had dozens of each of these items.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:38:17 PM by Degtyarev »

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
    View More Badges!

« Reply #472 on: September 01, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »
Tents. Tents are broken as hell right now and anything place in there, respawns upon server restart. You dont have the choice to abuse it or not, and there are tents all over the place, particularly on islands

Have ACCESS to serveral thousand rounds, not have them in your inventory

Read above

You would be surprised how many servers are "hacked" (dont check battle eye global bans, or enforce script restrictions). I found several in an hour using my old key

Zombies are pretty easy to kill when you have a tent full of stanags, a pdw, and a supressed m4. Nopt to mention you simply have to run through a bush to get away (they became stupid recently) and you can prone to avoid them

MC/dayz was for comparison. And also, for dayz, you have a very long time to return to your body, only an issue if its found by a player

TL;DR, everything I said is right if the player wants it to be.

>Tents
>Suppressed weaponry
>First 10-15 minutes

You still are wrong, that's around 3 hours of gameplay, you were talking in the first 10-15 minutes
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #473 on: September 01, 2012, 10:43:46 PM »
>Tents
>Suppressed weaponry
>First 10-15 minutes

You still are wrong, that's around 3 hours of gameplay, you were talking in the first 10-15 minutes

Example. I got killed, spawned at krutoy cap. 5 minutes later I was rocking an m4 CCO SD, a coyote pack, 6 mags, an as50 TWS in my backpack, GPS, NVGS, and a helicopter. And that wasnt my camp. And this is very similar across many, many servers. And it wasnt my camp. And the owners of the camp wernt affected, because after a server restart, its all back, not to mention that because tents dont save correctly, they had dozens of each of these items.

Thats not 3 hours, that 5 minutes.

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
    View More Badges!

« Reply #474 on: September 01, 2012, 10:47:14 PM »
Thats not 3 hours, that 5 minutes.
You edited that in after I posted, and you have to either be A. Extremely lucky to pop up to a camp with a helicopter and tents full of items or B. A hacker to get these things in 5 minutes. The owner of the camp has to be stupid to put their camp there or they have to be your friend.
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #475 on: September 01, 2012, 10:53:21 PM »
You edited that in after I posted, and you have to either be A. Extremely lucky to pop up to a camp with a helicopter and tents full of items or B. A hacker to get these things in 5 minutes. The owner of the camp has to be stupid to put their camp there or they have to be your friend.

I know I edited that in, but...
Its VERY common the find camps like that on skalisky island (the one by krutoy cap, I forget the spelling), or on any other island for that matter. Many of the servers I visit have camps there, as in, the majority of those who get any players. Its not luck or hacks, its stealing from someone elses camps. And to be honest, people dont care if their camps are found, due to the fact that those items will always be there after a server restart, even if they are taken, not to mention just plain duping.

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
    View More Badges!

« Reply #476 on: September 01, 2012, 11:06:57 PM »
I know I edited that in, but...
Its VERY common the find camps like that on skalisky island (the one by krutoy cap, I forget the spelling), or on any other island for that matter. Many of the servers I visit have camps there, as in, the majority of those who get any players. Its not luck or hacks, its stealing from someone elses camps. And to be honest, people dont care if their camps are found, due to the fact that those items will always be there after a server restart, even if they are taken, not to mention just plain duping.
One does not simply swim back from an island with a full backpack.
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #477 on: September 01, 2012, 11:09:14 PM »
One does not simply swim back from an island with a full backpack.
They do when it allows them to walk from main land to skalisky.

Offline Astropilot

• Infinitus Tabula Rasa
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• A little bit morass
  • Respect: +1207
« Reply #478 on: February 06, 2013, 05:55:32 PM »
+1
Just got a hero skin. First time I didn't get shot by a random player. I let him in with caution. Then I healed him. Hooray me.

Wrote the whole story about it here:

http://nuclearcore-henry.tumblr.com/post/42328898752/the-dayz-of-night
http://nuclearcore-henry.tumblr.com/post/42462320543/the-dayz-of-night-part-2

It's a complete mess of errors.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:58:01 PM by Astropilot »

Inspirational quotes don't do jack until you do something yourself