Author Topic: Ban Appeal--Being screwed by the man  (Read 736 times)

Offline Seb

Re: Ban Appeal--Being screwed by the man
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »
A month or two is fine.
Miami's Finest

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 01:38:51 PM »
Let me clarify. At the start of this thread, I said something along the lines of "until the normal servers come up" which is only about 2-3 months from now. He's banned because he's a problem player.

I also don't like how you assume I went out of my way for stone. If someones causing a problem, despite being warned, kicked, and banned multiple times, I'd do the same to them. I just haven't encountered anyone like that since then.

My rationalization is that if they're not going to respect the rules and systems we have in place, they don't DESERVE to play here.

A perma was just easier at the time since I hadn't reconfigured my ads mod config to ban for longer than one day. I was going to make it two months, but a "permaban" on the temp servers was just as long.

I'm also still waiting for someone to tell me why he's such a valuable player.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »
Let me clarify. At the start of this thread, I said something along the lines of "until the normal servers come up" which is only about 2-3 months from now. He's banned because he's a problem player.

I also don't like how you assume I went out of my way for stone. If someones causing a problem, despite being warned, kicked, and banned multiple times, I'd do the same to them. I just haven't encountered anyone like that since then.

My rationalization is that if they're not going to respect the rules and systems we have in place, they don't DESERVE to play here.

A perma was just easier at the time since I hadn't reconfigured my ads mod config to ban for longer than one day. I was going to make it two months, but a "permaban" on the temp servers was just as long.

Is any player without authoritative powers more "valuable" then any other? That's not exactly a fair question, this community could function without any single individual just fine, reasons why he has a better player personality or I prefer him over other players however are plentiful, he uses logic, he's generally a nice person, he doesn't intentionally rdm (as in he doesn't go oh there's dark let me shoot him unless provoked severely), he is not disrespectful to those who show him the same level of respect, he plays CONSTANTLY, he's a generally light-hearted guy, he's been a member of this community for a good period of time, the only rule he breaks (I mean really breaks not some bs first blood shenanigans) is karma farming which has already been discussed and it looked as though the decided method of punishment is kicking if doing it at that moment.

Offline Tec

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 03:21:54 PM »
You say you have received numerous complaints, well where are they?  I don't see a single ban request on this forum about Stone Cold.  Nor have I actually seen a legitimate complaint about Stone Cold that merits a ban.  Just because someone screams and complains they are being randomly killed does not make it true. And on the karma farming, I'm not sure Stone realized it was against the rules to sit in spectator mode but even if he didn't does karma farming really deserve any more than a single day ban at the most?  So again, as someone who has played with Stone Cold nearly everyday I can say he is a good player.

Offline Don

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 03:25:08 PM »
And on the karma farming, I'm not sure Stone realized it was against the rules to sit in spectator mode but even if he didn't does karma farming really deserve any more than a single day ban at the most?
I kicked him tons of times for it.
I even banned him several times because of it.
Yet he keeps doing it.

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
    • Random Gaming
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 03:26:04 PM »
Yet he keeps doing it.

This.

Offline Shockah

View More Badges!

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 03:34:56 PM »
Yet he keeps doing it.

Karma farming is borderline not even a rule, what matters is what he did before karma farming and I believe that's why it's a rule in the first place so people can't get away with rdming entirely even if they get away with it punishment wise, fact of the matter is he doesn't rdm, just because that person hasn't acted yet doesn't make it rdm, and karma farming is a minor offense shouldn't be bannable in the first place and if so for a week TOPS even after doing it so many times it does not warrant a 1-2 month ban.

Offline Tec

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
Karma farming is a minor offense shouldn't be bannable in the first place and if so for a week TOPS even after doing it so many times it does not warrant a 1-2 month ban.

This is what I've been saying in all my posts, but some people seem to think Stone Cold deserves extra punishment for some reason.

Offline This Cactus

• Windows UserApple UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• im gey~ | I'm just an average kid who likes gaming
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 04:07:44 PM »
                                        AGREE

And i got ban from this stupid reason too 15 DUP ACCOUNT IMPOSIBLE i have only 3 accounts
And snivy is not a friendly or nice admin he hates me alot for some reason

[rebels against snivy]

You got banned cuz everyone is telling me you were evading your ban, since I most hear that from others, and they repeat it after I ask them then I believe that you were rly evading you ban. And also Snivy is a new admin but he knows as if he was already VIP of course. Know the rules.
Thanks gamefreak!

Offline This Cactus

• Windows UserApple UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• im gey~ | I'm just an average kid who likes gaming
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 04:10:21 PM »
Btw Stone Cold. You sometimes RDM ppl due to traitorous act but don't fall for that anymore its an old act just to let you lose karma then report you for karma farming. Also some complaints of others.
Thanks gamefreak!

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

• Please gather round while I detonate the bomb.
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 04:18:08 PM »
I'll agree that permanent isn't necessary but it's that he keeps doing the same thing over and over even after being warned about it.
First blooding: He finally stopped after being kicked 3rd or 4th time for it and told not to for the umpteenth time.
Karma farming: Still does it but not as often.
General disrespect: Started a few weeks ago has slightly restrained from doing it.

Overall: just leaving him banned for the course of the temp servers is more than enough.
It's upto the admins from here...

Edit... made in response to cactus's post
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

P.s Pillgrim
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:38:22 PM by Dark Pacifist »
-Hibernating till summer-

Offline Pilgrim

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
I'll agree that permanent isn't necessary but it's that he keeps doing the same thing over and over even after being warned about it.
First blooding: He finally stopped after being kicked 3rd or 4th time for it and told not to for the umpteenth time.
Karma farming: Still does it but not as often.
General disrespect: Started a few weeks ago has slightly restrained from doing it.

Overall: just leaving him banned for the course of the temp servers is more than enough
A week or two would be better though since he was making a conscience effort to better his actions.
It's upto the admins from here...

Edit... made in response to cactus's post

I was about to post something similar. And I can back up his spoiler about RDM - though I have no proof of it, I have seen him kill people just because they have low karma, with no other reason than that.

Offline Pilot

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 05:07:41 PM »
I'll stick my neck out for Stone here.

I was here when Stone initially joined, when he was promoted to reg, and now when he was banned.

Every single time I've talked with Stone in-game or over steam, he's been respectful. I realize this may be just because I haven't done anything against him for him to be angry or offended.

But think about it: everyone has people in-game and on the forums they dislike or disfavor for one reason or another; you treat them differently from other players. If you say you don't, you're a liar. I guarantee there is someone you would rather throw under the bus than help. Stone Cold expresses this dislike for certain players probably more outwardly than most others, through in-game actions and chat. Unfortunately, this dislike sometimes turns into RDM and/or could be interpreted as target RDM/first-blood. If Stone wants to improve his relations with other players, these types of actions need to stop.

He's a great personality to have on the server, he knows the rules (see above), has a very strange (but awesome) sense of humor, and contributes atmosphere to the server. Stone's OP is correct in saying he's started phrases and trends on the server. The flare gun thing is one of them.

I agree that Stone shouldn't just be let off the hook for the stuff he's done. Instead of simply banning him and letting the rest sort itself out, help him reform and/or change some of his ways. Stop looking at all the bad, and look at the good he's brought to the server. Stone really is a good guy, but his bad moments tend to stand out more.

Offline Shockah

View More Badges!

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 05:24:26 PM »
This is what I've been saying in all my posts, but some people seem to think Stone Cold deserves extra punishment for some reason.

Because people like Dark get mad when he first bloods them with VIABLE REASON, and besides why are you even complaining Dark the amount of times you've revenge rdm'd him after he killed you for just reason (you didn't see it as just) are innumerable it's ridiculous that you're judging him on his actions when you seem so eager to take the law in to your own hands by breaking the law yourself. Clearly enough support of stone has arrisen to show that earlier statements of
You've been a constant problem with almost everyone who plays.
are not entirely correct.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:27:38 PM by Shockah »

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

• Please gather round while I detonate the bomb.
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 06:46:11 PM »
lol thanks shockah him shooting me for opening a door, being afk near him at round start and walking past him at random times are most definitely justified reasons.
Him killing people while they're reading the f1 "how to" guide (after being told to) (aka. afk) and then claiming they either shot him or followed him is most certainly acceptable as well.

I'm not saying that he deserves this beyond a doubt. I'm saying that he did deserve a "ban" for him continuing these actions after being warned against /kicked over it repeatedly then continuing after the kicker leaves then raging whoever kicked him publicly ingame while doing exactly what he was kicked for.

And Shocka you know one example right off: Stone minge rdming fuzion because "he's a faggot" or do you chose what you remember. After all you kicked him for it and he still continued until Fuzion changed his name.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:48:56 PM by Dark Pacifist »
-Hibernating till summer-