Author Topic: Ban Appeal--Being screwed by the man  (Read 732 times)

Offline Stone Cold

Re: Ban Appeal--Being screwed by the man
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 04:03:03 AM »
Hello.  It's nice to know who my friends are. Thank you guys.
     Now, Dark? Help, you say?  If I can prove that I haven't been ass every time. Okay... Think back to all the times I pissed you off because I may have killed you suspecting you of being a traitor. Or the times when I killed you first after you said, in one way or another, that you are a traitor. Or even the times I made a mistake and killed you thinking you were a traitor by things you did or things you said, and I was wrong and you were inno.  A lot of times after any of this, you would come after me the next round and kill me. Even if neither one of us was T. I, Stone Cold, am the number one player of garry's mod because I play everyday and at different times throughout day and night. I love the game for different reasons. Other players that play a lot, including you, know what I say is true. By the way, you are number 6 of most played players of game.
     Now, we top playing regulars know who kills who and when and why. My question to you, Dark, is...Of all the revenge rdming and killing you have layed on me, Have I ever once tried to get you kicked or banned?  You know what hurts the most? Thinking a friend that you spend time with everyday and talk and laugh and even argue with would be so mean as to work so hard to get you kicked from a game one loves and friends one enjoys talking to everyday. It's not just a game I lost.

Offline Seb

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 04:14:23 AM »
Was gonna defend stone..... then realized no matter what I say clearly there's no swaying the bulk of you as you clearly disagree with stones attitude and play-style.

Agree. Stone, I would've had your back, buut, yeah, your posts. Jesus shit man, read the format.
Miami's Finest

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 04:34:53 AM »
Now, we top playing regulars know who kills who and when and why. My question to you, Dark, is...Of all the revenge rdming and killing you have layed on me, Have I ever once tried to get you kicked or banned?  You know what hurts the most? Thinking a friend that you spend time with everyday and talk and laugh and even argue with would be so mean as to work so hard to get you kicked from a game one loves and friends one enjoys talking to everyday. It's not just a game I lost.

Way to throw him under the bus ._.

Anyways, the ban was for the numerous complaints, reports, and evidence he's had against him. He was doing more harm than good, and my judgment was that the server will be better off without him.

Stone is one of the players you need to learn to deal with, to work around,

If he's as reputable as you make him out to be, why should you have to do this? I've seen nothing but bad come from him.

if that's an issue then there's at least 3 people I can think of who should be perma'd right now

Please, do tell.

Seriously. I'll lift the ban immediately if someone can provide a clear, positive reason (backed with proof) as to why he's a valuable player aside from "he's funi". That's the only reason the appeal hasn't been locked and denied yet.

All he does is jump to his own conclusions, and RDMs for it. Just because he comes up with a horribly put together excuse for it, doesn't make it right.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 06:29:21 AM »
Anyways, the ban was for the numerous complaints, reports, and evidence he's had against him. He was doing more harm than good, and my judgment was that the server will be better off without him.
And yet you ban him permanently but not Mr. Tom, why?

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 06:31:57 AM »

Exactly there are several other players who take time to learn to tolerate since I was asked to provide an example here's a few, Polkabud, Kahuna, Karkat, Dave Strider and more and when you say provide a reason other then he's fun, he's a good member of the community in general this is the only rule he's had trouble with, and he very rarely intentionally rdm's as I said previously he kills for a justified reason whether or not you agree.

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 07:46:01 AM »
Way to throw him under the bus ._.

If he's as reputable as you make him out to be, why should you have to do this? I've seen nothing but bad come from him.

Please, do tell.

Seriously. I'll lift the ban immediately if someone can provide a clear, positive reason (backed with proof) as to why he's a valuable player aside from "he's funi". That's the only reason the appeal hasn't been locked and denied yet.

All he does is jump to his own conclusions, and RDMs for it. Just because he comes up with a horribly put together excuse for it, doesn't make it right.

I think this is one case where I might intervene here.

We tend to leave ban lengths pretty much up to any of us admins on our own discretion. But it seems on the whole we generally keep to certain limits.

For me, permanent bans are for people who pose a direct threat to the server, as in you threaten the server, are using hacks, DoS/DDoS etc. So I tend to use permanent bans in a very specific way.

Banning someone permanently for being an ass hole isn't one of those ways, for one very good reason. If that were the case, I'd say about 1/2 to 3/4 of our currently of active players should have been permanently banned at one time or another. I could give you numerous specific examples of players who, originally were giant pain-in-the-rear's, and are now fine upstanding members of the community (for the most part).

People grow up, they experience new things, they calm down, etc.

So I don't disagree with that he should have been banned, but I think 1-6 months would be more appropriate.

I realize now that I didn't really have any good options in assmod for banning that length of time, but that has since been rectified (I think at anyrate, I didn't test it  :P)
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 07:57:28 AM »
I think this is one case where I might intervene here.

We tend to leave ban lengths pretty much up to any of us admins on our own discretion. But it seems on the whole we generally keep to certain limits.

For me, permanent bans are for people who pose a direct threat to the server, as in you threaten the server, are using hacks, DoS/DDoS etc. So I tend to use permanent bans in a very specific way.

Banning someone permanently for being an ass hole isn't one of those ways, for one very good reason. If that were the case, I'd say about 1/2 to 3/4 of our currently of active players should have been permanently banned at one time or another. I could give you numerous specific examples of players who, originally were giant pain-in-the-rear's, and are now fine upstanding members of the community (for the most part).

People grow up, they experience new things, they calm down, etc.

So I don't disagree with that he should have been banned, but I think 1-6 months would be more appropriate.

I realize now that I didn't really have any good options in assmod for banning that length of time, but that has since been rectified (I think at anyrate, I didn't test it  :P)

Even 1-6 months is extremely long stone doesn't need to grow up, people simply disagree with his playstyle and he gets angry constantly defending himself at least once every map someone (typically a newby or non-reg though it does happen with others) has some complaint about how stone rdm'd him, Stone is a good player and a good person and doesn't deserve any ban especially not 1-6 months and if he deserves this ban then so do a good 50% of the ttt community because unlike stone they're dicks without valid reason. I can't believe we're at the point of talking length rather then talking ban in general the guy was reg correct? So obviously there was enough support in the community at one time or another to get him reg, and his playstyle has not changed a bit, I've played with him practically every day for a good 3 months now and before that even longer, of all the bans that could of happened on players for "being an asshole" this is the absolute wrong one and if he's the only one getting banned for it hell I've lost just about all remaining faith I had left in this community.

Offline Don

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:02 AM »
I banned Mr. Tom a while ago. If he's still playing that just means he's evading.
Same goes for Dave Strider.

See, you're basing this purely on the impression that "omg this is because of swearing", well let me tell you, it's not.
There were numerous complaints but the main point was the constant RDMing and then karma farming.

I don't care if he has good reasons to kill somebody, if someone goes into spectator mode for 3 hours after having 500 karma EVERY SINGLE DAY, then that's just blatant RDMing.

Also remember that "permanent" means until the normal servers are back up since bans won't get carried over.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 11:03:45 AM »
Also remember that "permanent" means until the normal servers are back up since bans won't get carried over.

And THIS is how you counteract all progress made from bans in the past month.

Offline Don

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 11:05:42 AM »

And THIS is how you counteract all progress made from bans in the past month.
I don't see the problem.
Hackers can just be re-banned over sourcebans, same goes with anyone else that deserves to be banned permanently.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 11:22:44 AM »
I don't see the problem.
Hackers can just be re-banned over sourcebans, same goes with anyone else that deserves to be banned permanently.

Yes, but reminding everyone gives them a window of opportunity

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
    • Random Gaming
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 12:09:51 PM »
Well from my experiences with Stone Cold he is exceptionally annoying to the rest of the players and thinks if he dies it's because everyone's hacking.

Seriously, he told sabb on me once that I was using aimbot and I need to be demoted and perm-banned because I headshotted him once.

He complains how we're all "young idiots", but the fact that we are young and still 100 times smarter than he is really says something.

I think a perm may be too harsh though, at least a month sounds better to me.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »
Ban him for the duration of the temporary period.

Offline Don

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 12:39:27 PM »
Ban him for the duration of the temporary period.
That's what Deathfurry did.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 12:46:03 PM »
Awwwwwwwwww man, please tell me he's trolling, because I'll otherwise get reaaaally sad! Just... please.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:48:16 PM by Frankie »