Author Topic: .:RND`=- Hotgreensoldier demotes a long time RND regular  (Read 491 times)

Offline Tezuni

.:RND`=- Hotgreensoldier demotes a long time RND regular
« on: November 24, 2011, 02:02:24 PM »
Name:
.:RND`=- Hotgreensoldier

SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:28960727

What happened:
HotGreen apparently did not agree with Mr.Apple's opinion on how he got admin.  So he demoted him, a long time regular at the server - just like that.
I don't know how apples worded it, but even when worded harshly that's no reason to demote someone.  Especially a long-time member.
Oh yeah, and the best part is HotGreen would just tell apples to drop it and refused to discuss the issue.  What a jerk!

Some Background:
I remember back in the summer when Hotgreen was still a regular.  Then get got VIP. 
After that promotion, whenever he joined a server he'd always ask: "What's the problem." then tell everyone to "shut up" or "be quiet" or "not another word".  But he never took any action.
Now that he's an admin he's not afraid to take action whether its justified or not, and I know a lot of the community feels this way about him as well.

Hotgreen if you have proof of Apples doing anything else (which you don't because he didn't), then post it.  Otherwise, you're way out of line.
Apples hardly even wants to come back now because of this incident.  Seriously.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
Re: .:RND`=- Hotgreensoldier demotes a long time RND regular
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 02:09:54 PM »
Me and Apple had already discussed the issue after it happened. I then talked to another admin about it and we came to a conclusion that regulars should not be acting that way. The admin watched him for a little bit and saw how he was acting and notified me. We discussed it for a little bit and we came to the conclusion that he should be demoted.

I did not discuss it in-game but I did discuss it with Apple himself already.

Apple was talking in a negative manner towards all admins along with someone else. If you want to represent a server you are not suppose to degrade it and say negative comments about it.
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline Tezuni

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 02:14:28 PM »
Exact quotes?  Pictures?  I don't take you at your word.
Apple's view on the application process may be that you have to "suck dicks" and be favored to get admin.  That's his opinion.
That doesn't call for a demotion.

How did he insult the admins or degrade the server?  All I see is that he doesn't like the admin application process.

Offline Don

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 02:16:23 PM »

Offline Tezuni

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 02:17:56 PM »
IS that IT?

Seriousy?  Lots of people feel this way about the application process.  That in no way degrades the server or respected admins. 
He does not like the process, so shoot him for it?

Offline RadioActivetomatoes

• I'm a tomato.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 02:19:04 PM »
All he said was that you have to "suck dick" to get admin, I can't see how this would mean disrespect to admins or the server..

Offline Hotgreensoldier

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 02:22:16 PM »
He was saying that most of our admins were merely based on popularity and it did not matter if they were bad ones or not. Basically saying "Oh, we just have admins who only spammed on the forums and "sucked dicks" making it seem as though we have poor administration.

Offline Tezuni

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 02:25:05 PM »
He was saying that most of our admins were merely based on popularity and it did not matter if they were bad ones or not. Basically saying "Oh, we just have admins who only spammed on the forums and "sucked dicks" making it seem as though we have poor administration.
That's your own interpretation drawn from apples statements on the application process.
Since when do regulars get demoted for voicing their opinions?

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 02:48:25 PM »
I hate to choose sides, so I'm just going to add this.

Just because  player has been here a long time doesn't mean they deserve to be a Regular. They have to respect the players, including admins, and handle situations maturely.

Apple isn't really helping himself much by disrespecting the admin, but there could have been another way other than a demotion.

Yes I dont like choosing sides... I don't think he should've been demoted him for his own thoughts, it sort of reminds me of like what happened at UC Davis...Hotgreen I honestly don't think he should have been demoted just for that... If you have more proof, maybe that would be enough... But for now I don't think it's enough :/
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 03:01:59 PM by Juan_Ambriz »

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Don

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 02:50:43 PM »
Okay, time to clear this up.

First of all, please keep out of this unless you were involved directly - comments saying this was good/bad do not help at all.

Fine with that? Okay.

Now, after Hotgreen told me about this and we talked a little about this, I was thinking if a demote wasn't appropriate. This was not purely due to what he said in the screens (which was still stupid, I stand by that), but also because of what he said when Hotgreen joined again. It wasn't anything particularly bad, but it was just that kind of "oh no fuck hotgreen joined" - in my opinion, that's not how a Regular should act.

Just because someone has been a regular for a long time, does not mean they are in any way immune to any kind of punishment. In fact, they should mostly know better than this.

Also you're forgetting two very basic things.

First, Mr.Apple can re-apply whenever he wants or could just go ahead and talk to Hotgreen over STEAM CHAT - obviously he doesn't want to discuss it in-game, it's a bad environment to discuss stuff in because people constantly yell at you for whatever you say.

Second, why would he quit just because he lost Regular? If he was a wire player, I'd understand. But there's absolutely no difference between being Guest and being Regular on TTT other than the shiny tag.

I think the demotion was appropriate, seeing as how he acted during this and later on.

(Also I deleted all the posts that weren't really helping, don't give hotgreen even more flak)

Offline jimonions

• the text below is true
  • Old Forum MemberWindows User
    View More Badges!

• the text above is not true
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 02:52:23 PM »
It would've been a much better idea to approach him in the other direction and tell Apple how things work. I hear a lot of people even before I was admin saying blowjobs were in order.
Demoting should not be considered a reasonable solution to something the majority of uninformed players agree to, pointing them in the right direction gains you karma and everyone (hopefully) is happy.
Applying good social skills and understanding instead of displaying power should be taken into understanding.

(JBanned) .:RND`=- DJ myppl8: if i eva become supa admin id ban moo and make hima guest

Offline Hotgreensoldier

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 02:54:29 PM »
Also, one thing, I had discussed this with another admin and a regular (as I've said).

I didn't just go out and demote him. I discussed it with other people before coming to that conclusion. I had already talked to Apple about it too. He simply decided he didn't want to come back and that he did not want to be a regular anymore and just left. If he had made an appeal and simply explained what had happened he could have possibly been re-promoted and this would have been settled.

I did NOT just go out and demote him.

I discussed this with other members and we came up with that conclusion.

Anddddd Don beat me to it.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 02:55:55 PM »

Yes I dont like choosing sides... I don't think he should've been demoted him for his own thoughts, it sort of reminds me of like what happened at UC Davis...Hotgreen I honestly don't think he should have been demoted just for that... If you have more proof, maybe that would be enough... But for now I don't think it's enough :/
Please dont hate me....

Why would I hate you? You're simply stating what you think.

Accidental double post.

Offline Wafflepiezz

• I am a waffle pie.
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 03:03:55 PM »
Why were all posts defending apple removed?

Offline Don

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 03:05:41 PM »
Why were all posts defending apple removed?
It wasn't all posts defending apple ...
It was all posts that were posted from people that have nothing to do with this report/weren't there when it happened.