Author Topic: cogzandpigotz - Abusing his VIP powers.  (Read 270 times)

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
Re: cogzandpigotz - Abusing his VIP powers.
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 01:50:26 PM »
Nope, you never said you were offended and I should have stopped. You were not offended though, that's another issue.

I told you, stop calling him jewish. It doesn't matter what he is.

You did not.

I don't have to be the one offended. It CAN BE offensive to someone, who will most likely NOT speak up about it. Therefore, it becomes my job to ensure that you are not offending anyone. Whether or not they would tell you "Hey I'm offended by that."

Rule #1 on the servers is respect, and your comments were not.

Offline Cathedron

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »
I told you, stop calling him jewish. It doesn't matter what he is.

You did not.

I don't have to be the one offended. It CAN BE offensive to someone, who will most likely NOT speak up about it. Therefore, it becomes my job to ensure that you are not offending anyone. Whether or not they would tell you "Hey I'm offended by that."

Rule #1 on the servers is respect, and your comments were not.

"Hey Jew." is not an offensive word. If people are offended that they are going to be traumatized about it, they tell me and I stop. Orel was not offended, and he is okay with my jokes. No one else was offended too, so there's no problem.

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
    • MagiCorp
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 02:01:06 PM »

It appears to me you broke a rule and ignored warnings, no?

(Not directed to Cogs)

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2011, 02:01:29 PM »
"Hey Jew." is not an offensive word. If people are offended that they are going to be traumatized about it, they tell me and I stop. Orel was not offended, and he is okay with my jokes. No one else was offended too, so there's no problem.

It can be misunderstood as a racist term, which is why we told you to stop. Instead, you continued arguing, like you are now, causing a disturbance.
To prevent others from coming into the server, finding our ranking members ignoring what they believe is offensive, sends a bad message to them. It shows that we do not care. We want a nice, controlled gaming environment. No racism, no over-the-top shit-spewing, no RDM, etc.

Respect. For you, for me, for the admins, the vips, the regs, and yes, our guests.
They are our guests, and we will treat them as such. If you are causing a problem which we think can disturb our other guests, we will take disciplinary action against you. Which is what happened.

You do not get to pick which rules you will follow, and you do not have the power to not follow a rule until someone is offended. No one does.

Offline Cathedron

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2011, 02:10:22 PM »
It can be misunderstood as a racist term, which is why we told you to stop. Instead, you continued arguing, like you are now, causing a disturbance.
To prevent others from coming into the server, finding our ranking members ignoring what they believe is offensive, sends a bad message to them. It shows that we do not care. We want a nice, controlled gaming environment. No racism, no over-the-top shit-spewing, no RDM, etc.

Respect. For you, for me, for the admins, the vips, the regs, and yes, our guests.
They are our guests, and we will treat them as such. If you are causing a problem which we think can disturb our other guests, we will take disciplinary action against you. Which is what happened.

You do not get to pick which rules you will follow, and you do not have the power to not follow a rule until someone is offended. No one does.

The best thing is, I was not being racist. Calling someone a Jew is not being racist. You have to be too low to consider it as racsim.

Offline aerobro

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2011, 02:10:34 PM »
The more sonerin posts, the worse this sad attempt at trying to demote cogs just goes down the shitter.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2011, 02:13:37 PM »
The best thing is, I was not being racist. Calling someone a Jew is not being racist. You have to be too low to consider it as racsim.

You don't think you were.
But discriminating against someone based on race, religion, color of their hair, skin color, sound of their voice, gender, etc. IS offensive. You're right; racism might be the wrong word for it. But you were disrespectful, and as such, you were removed from the game.

Offline Cathedron

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2011, 02:15:58 PM »
You don't think you were.
But discriminating against someone based on race, religion, color of their hair, skin color, sound of their voice, gender, etc. IS offensive. You're right; racism might be the wrong word for it. But you were disrespectful, and as such, you were removed from the game.

Nope, calling Orel Jewish did not offend anyone. Why would it be offensive to call him a Jew?

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2011, 02:20:35 PM »
Nope, calling Orel Jewish did not offend anyone. Why would it be offensive to call him a Jew?

I don't know about where you are, but where I live, that is discrimination. Discrimination=offensive. Also, going back to the video; You notice Orel saying he would rather be called Israeli than Jewish. If it were him, he would call the person "Israeli". So, you see, discrimination, whether you MEANT to do so or not.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »
Ffs...
Sonerin, by the sounds of it, you were identifying people by their religion in a negative way. Whether YOU know people were offended or not (you don't...) it doesn't exactly create a good environment for people to be playing and having fun. It seems the way you were acting, is similar to previous ways I've seen you act, and it simply makes the game more tense and less enjoyable and it CAN OFFEND PEOPLE. We don't like to see people act that way, so don't do it, and quit arguing about it... All the same shit's just being repeated again and again. Lock and move on.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Cathedron

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2011, 02:31:41 PM »
I don't know about where you are, but where I live, that is discrimination. Discrimination=offensive. Also, going back to the video; You notice Orel saying he would rather be called Israeli than Jewish. If it were him, he would call the person "Israeli". So, you see, discrimination, whether you MEANT to do so or not.

Nah. Calling someone a Jew is not racist in any countries. Sarkozy is a Jew, Netanyahu is a Jew, Orel is a Jew. I'm not being racist now, I'm just stating the facts bro.

He just told me that it's okay if I call him Jewish.

Offline cogsandspigots

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2011, 02:33:26 PM »
Nah. Calling someone a Jew is not racist in any countries. Sarkozy is a Jew, Netanyahu is a Jew, Orel is a Jew. I'm not being racist now, I'm just stating the facts bro.

Now you are just taking it out of context.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2011, 02:34:26 PM »

Clearly, You are not understanding what we are trying to say.
So I'm going to stop wasting my time.

Offline Cathedron

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2011, 02:38:59 PM »
Now you are just taking it out of context.

Nope. I'm just saying that calling someone a Jew won't make me a bloodthristy supremacist who wants to eliminate the other races.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2011, 02:45:06 PM »

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!