Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
  • Respect: +373
    • The Vault
Re: a
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »
I know you're just starting to play again....so bear with me, i'm not trying to be a douche.
We have new players, and very few of them know the rules. They constantly do things, mainly little things that you cannot do anything about, and these little things add up to a poor gaming experience. Since VIPs have to go and find evidence and it has to be actually worthy of a report

I'll agree with you to an extent as in if you want to get someone permanently banned then yes you need the proof, but even in game i don't think Admins should be just kicking/banning because they "think" someone is hacking/breaking the rules without even watching them for a bit to make sure it wasn't some sort of "dumb luck" We all had it where we just pwned so many people with head shots but it wasn't "hacks"  it was just luck. So when it comes to kicking/banning in-game Admin and VIPs IMHO do the same thing when deciding to kick someone. The only deference is Admins can insta kick/ban.

The only thing we might need more of is people who can review ban reports. but we don't really need more Admins to do that maybe some trustworthy people to decide if its worth a ban or not and they mark in the thread so whenever anyone with access to sourceban sees it they just have to ban without even reading or looking at the thread so it saves time.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 10:18:21 AM »
I'll agree with you to an extent as in if you want to get someone permanently banned then yes you need the proof, but even in game i don't think Admins should be just kicking/banning because they "think" someone is hacking/breaking the rules without even watching them for a bit to make sure it wasn't some sort of "dumb luck" We all had it where we just pwned so many people with head shots but it wasn't "hacks"  it was just luck. So when it comes to kicking/banning in-game Admin and VIPs IMHO do the same thing when deciding to kick someone. The only deference is Admins can insta kick/ban.

The only thing we might need more of is people who can review ban reports. but we don't really need more Admins to do that maybe some trustworthy people to decide if its worth a ban or not and they mark in the thread so whenever anyone with access to sourceban sees it they just have to ban without even reading or looking at the thread so it saves time.
No. Just no. VIPs also have to deal with derpsy Regs A LOT when trying to make votes and shit. At least I have. Plus, VIPs do really need to be much more careful... it's way WAY more easy to get demoted from VIP for a tiny slip up than from admin. It's not just an opinion it's >fact that admins can deal with situations a hell of a lot better than VIPs can, and since we have VIPs that I think seem very well trusted, I don't see why we wouldn't get promotions soon.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Shawn

View More Badges!

• The Vault
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 10:26:40 AM »
VIPs do really need to be much more careful... it's way WAY more easy to get demoted from VIP for a tiny slip up than from admin.

And to me thats what makes it a perfect system so we don't have lots of people getting kick for stupid shit, VIPS are going to make sure its worth kicking/banning before doing anything and to me that makes my gaming experience more pleasurable knowing I'm not going to get kick/banned for having "luck"

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 10:28:18 AM »
And to me thats what makes it a perfect system so we don't have lots of people getting kick for stupid shit, VIPS are going to make sure its worth kicking/banning before doing anything and to me that makes my gaming experience more pleasurable knowing I'm not going to get kick/banned for having "luck"
But that's why we get trusted VIPs, not the kind of person that would be for "luck"... Plus, getting more VIPs that as you admit are limited, would still not fix anything, and regarding VIP, I don't see anyone atm who could be a possible candidate but hasn't applied or been approved.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 10:30:26 AM »

We don't kick for stupid shit. But we're so focused on making damn sure we don't accidently mess up, things slip by us. I've had reports filled while I'm playing in the server, because I'm too focused on what some other guy is doing. It takes longer to gather the evidence than it does to be trusted. Which we are. Getting VIP is not easy. Not now. I'm not saying we should get to kick for whatever we want but we do need to be able to take a bit of control. Otherwise, we're just a pink tag.

Offline Shawn

View More Badges!

• The Vault
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 11:05:36 AM »
I don't see anyone atm who could be a possible candidate

Maybe because spend most your time in TTT, I've seen a few candidates for VIP in ZS myself.

We don't kick for stupid shit.

I was not trying to say you did/would.

anyways i just don't think we "desperately" need admins but thats just my opinion.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 11:11:59 AM »
Maybe because spend most your time in TTT, I've seen a few candidates for VIP in ZS myself.

I was not trying to say you did/would.

anyways i just don't think we "desperately" need admins but thats just my opinion.

I thought you just recently came back?

Offline Shawn

View More Badges!

• The Vault
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »
I thought you just recently came back?

I did, but before i left i seen some good people that beleive are still playing....

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 12:07:17 PM »
I did, but before i left i seen some good people that beleive are still playing....
A lot of people left.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2011, 05:25:37 PM »
I believe Coolz once said he didn't want to add anymore ranks. But who knows, he might change his mind.

As I recall once, we used to have temp-admin rank

We don't kick for stupid shit. But we're so focused on making damn sure we don't accidently mess up, things slip by us. I've had reports filled while I'm playing in the server, because I'm too focused on what some other guy is doing. It takes longer to gather the evidence than it does to be trusted. Which we are. Getting VIP is not easy. Not now. I'm not saying we should get to kick for whatever we want but we do need to be able to take a bit of control. Otherwise, we're just a pink tag.

^This

I take SOO MANY precautions before I kick or ban that sometimes things just start get confusing when 10 people are shitstorming me to ban somebody. VIPs do not kick or ban for idiotic reasons, they only make mistakes while in the process of kicking somebody and get in trouble for it.
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncă‚‹": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2011, 05:31:16 PM »
As I recall once, we used to have temp-admin rank

^This

I take SOO MANY precautions before I kick or ban that sometimes things just start get confusing when 10 people are shitstorming me to ban somebody. VIPs do not kick or ban for idiotic reasons, they only make mistakes while in the process of kicking somebody and get in trouble for it.

and I can't even recall the last time one of us kicked for a bullshit reason.
I honestly, can't.

Offline Lazer Blade

• dat ass tho
  • Windows UserDWO PlayerLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +366
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2011, 05:48:53 PM »
wouldn't it just be better if we promoted more of the well know trusted regs to vip ?

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2011, 05:49:55 PM »
+1
wouldn't it just be better if we promoted more of the well know trusted regs to vip ?

applications are accepted at any time guys

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2011, 08:19:18 PM »
applications are accepted at any time guys

And please, don't make "Should I make a VIP app?" threads.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2011, 04:46:34 AM »
And please, don't make "Should I make a VIP app?" threads.

I bet Memo is reading this.

Anyways I want to apply for VIP, but the big thing is, I normally get bored of Gmod real quick, and I'll probably go inactive. I know a couple of members in the community that deserve VIP status. It should help a little when it comes to kicking minges and whatnot.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.