.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Suggestions => Topic started by: Sabb on October 06, 2011, 11:35:00 AM

Title: a
Post by: Sabb on October 06, 2011, 11:35:00 AM
New admins.
RND really needs some promotions now especially. I can't really stress this enough. Now that Moo is gone ESPECIALLY, there are really few admins that are active. On the servers, Jman and SMasters are the only ones that I really see on the servers anymore. Peetah does too, and Tech and Yomo, Jim occasionally, etc, but mostly only in wire, which usually doesn't need admins. At least not nearly as much as the other servers do. I'm not saying that any of them shouldn't be admin because they're inactive, but I do think this is the perfect reason if any to start considering more promotions. No, I'm not making this because I want admin, though I do, hence my app being posted, but I really think it's best for RND to get some more admins right now. A lot of people have complained to me over Steam saying that it looks like RND is dying out and such. Having some new admins to help with the servers, forums, bans, etc, just everything, will seriously help IMO. Since Moo has left, there's a lot more room for improvement now as I see. Applications, bans, etc, aren't being handled as well as I would say Moo did. I'm not blaming this on anyone or anything, but just pointing it out with a possible solution.
Thoughts?
Title: Re: a
Post by: Deacon on October 06, 2011, 12:09:12 PM
New admins.
RND really needs some promotions now especially. I can't really stress this enough. Now that Moo is gone ESPECIALLY, there are really few admins that are active. On the servers, Jman and SMasters are the only ones that I really see on the servers anymore. Peetah does too, and Tech and Yomo, Jim occasionally, etc, but mostly only in wire, which usually doesn't need admins. At least not nearly as much as the other servers do. I'm not saying that any of them shouldn't be admin because they're inactive, but I do think this is the perfect reason if any to start considering more promotions. No, I'm not making this because I want admin, though I do, hence my app being posted, but I really think it's best for RND to get some more admins right now. A lot of people have complained to me over Steam saying that it looks like RND is dying out and such. Having some new admins to help with the servers, forums, bans, etc, just everything, will seriously help IMO. Since Moo has left, there's a lot more room for improvement now as I see. Applications, bans, etc, aren't being handled as well as I would say Moo did. I'm not blaming this on anyone or anything, but just pointing it out with a possible solution.
Thoughts?

This sounds like another place for me to plug the "I support Sabb as admin" campaign. Cause I do. I agree with him; the only problem I see is that there still aren't enough VIPs...how are we supposed to find admins? We treat the VIP "privilege" like they carry the same weight as admin applications. Its like you guys are scarred from the Respected era, and the abuse that took place. Don't forget, people are always watching, now more than ever, and abuse like that cannot continue. I agree with Sabb; more admins are needed. BUT we are still suck on "VIP abuse". We need to find a way to do both, and soon. 
Post by: Sabb on October 06, 2011, 12:21:50 PM
This sounds like another place for me to plug the "I support Sabb as admin" campaign. Cause I do. I agree with him; the only problem I see is that there still aren't enough VIPs...how are we supposed to find admins? We treat the VIP "privilege" like they carry the same weight as admin applications. Its like you guys are scarred from the Respected era, and the abuse that took place. Don't forget, people are always watching, now more than ever, and abuse like that cannot continue. I agree with Sabb; more admins are needed. BUT we are still suck on "VIP abuse". We need to find a way to do both, and soon.
I feel too lazy to type this out again, so I'ma just paste what I discussed with Jman.

.:RND`=- Jman: we need more VIPs right now, not admin i guess
Sabb: weve needed VIPs for ever
Sabb: but admins too
Sabb: right now we do need more admins
.:RND`=- Jman: after all last time you said "wow there's more admins than VIPs now"
Sabb: because VIPs cna only do so much ina  server
Sabb: it gets to a point aVIP cant really do shit

What I'm sating is that yes, more VIPs would be nice, they can manage smaller problems and hand out smaller consequences. Admins can deal with situations much better. Again, I'm in the midle of something so I don't really want to go into too much detail, but I think you get the point.
Post by: Don on October 06, 2011, 12:29:03 PM
The problem right now is really a lack of active admins on some servers.

Wire has Peetah and Tech, but both of them just exclusively play on wire. To a certain extend the same goes for yomo.
For the other servers, the only really active ones are jman and SMasters. 2 admins for 3 servers(fretta, TTT, ZS) really isn't enough.

So yeah, I agree.
Post by: Deacon on October 06, 2011, 12:32:40 PM
Yes, we need VIPs.
We also need admins, because contrary to popular belief, it can be quite difficult to kick someone. Most of the time, you can't gather the required evidence, and once you do, its not just a kick; it then becomes something you need to report instead, because 5 minutes is nothing. Especially to those who have grudges against us, or know that they can get away with ghosting and whatnot here, because they are never punished for it.
Post by: aerobro on October 06, 2011, 12:34:45 PM
Sabb has been VIP forever and does a good job at it, he is really nice and friendly, and keeps the servers troll free as much as he can but if he was an administrator then he could be 2x more help to the servers.

Also we could maybe put the requirements of getting VIP down since there aren't a lot of active admins.
Post by: Prox on October 06, 2011, 12:38:41 PM
Sure, it was always pretty hard to see an admin playing, even on TTT or wirebuild, well at least at the time I play(minus the weekends when I play till 5am >_>).
I do believe that we have people who could be admins right now, and I do think we need some admins that live in different time zones since most of the active admins IN GAME at the moment are from US or similar time zones.

Now replying to the VIP thingy, it's mainly like that because there aren't really much of admins playing on the servers(I'm talking about the ones who are on the active approvers list as well) and over the time I noticed that people who play on TTT usually become known way faster then the people who play in Zs or Fretta. Therefore good candidates are getting unnoticed by the community.

Post by: Deacon on October 06, 2011, 12:50:31 PM
Sure, it was always pretty hard to see an admin playing, even on TTT or wirebuild, well at least at the time I play(minus the weekends when I play till 5am >_>).
I do believe that we have people who could be admins right now, and I do think we need some admins that live in different time zones since most of the active admins IN GAME at the moment are from US or similar time zones.

Now replying to the VIP thingy, it's mainly like that because there aren't really much of admins playing on the servers(I'm talking about the ones who are on the active approvers list as well) and over the time I noticed that people who play on TTT usually become known way faster then the people who play in Zs or Fretta. Therefore good candidates are getting unnoticed by the community.

Yes, that is true. But they have to force themselves into it...Become known on the forums, push your way into conversations without being stupid about it (LMAO YA COOZL DID FUNNY THING). In order to get known, you sort of have to make yourself stand out. If you guys remember, I came to RND through the ZS server. The problem is that people can associate a denied VIP application with future deterrence. I applied 3 times, and it wasn't until the 3rd that I got significant support. BUT, the first two applications showed my intention: It showed that I wanted to be a VIP, and from there, it was about proving that I was ready for it. I earned your guys' trust that way. If I had stopped applying at 1, I would have probably been deterred from staying in RND at all.

Just saying, to any of you VIP hopefuls; A "No" may not be permanent. Wait a bit; try again. Strive for it, and then it becomes about your behavior. If you know you can do it, prove it. Don't just give up.
Post by: yoshi on October 06, 2011, 01:08:20 PM
Talking about Moo being gone.
Where the hell did he go?
Post by: Deacon on October 06, 2011, 01:28:41 PM
Talking about Moo being gone.
Where the hell did he go?

Moo stepped down from admin a few weeks ago. Talk to him about it if you want, I won't spread shit here.
Post by: Dale Feles on October 06, 2011, 02:17:03 PM
Moo stepped down from admin a few weeks ago. Talk to him about it if you want, I won't spread shit here.

He stepped down? :o

Anyways

I do would like to see new admins. There is a lot of the VIP's here that I think that could do a wonderful job at it (Sabb, Deacon, Deonidon). Especially that I've seen a lot of minges recently. 
Post by: blαh2355 on October 06, 2011, 03:01:33 PM
I didn't know moo resigned ???

anyways, we have like a surplus of VIP's so I guess we could use some more admins, but then we might need a few more vip's
Post by: Deathie on October 06, 2011, 03:12:38 PM
This might be a good time to bring up the whole "give VIP's insta-kick" idea that me and sabb had a while ago.

- Able to kick a player without a vote
- They can rejoin INSTANTLY
- Not logged on sourcebans.

It'd just be an easier way for VIP's to give warnings.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on October 06, 2011, 03:14:06 PM
One of the reasons I think there aren't many VIPs is because, as Sabb said, not a lot of admins are active and they don't have experiences with certain players.

I agree with getting new admins and promoting Sabb. Sabb is the best candidate I see for admin as of now and I honestly hope he gets it. Doeni is an excellent candidate too but he took down his application since he can't be on very often.

From what I see, if we can promote a few active VIPs to admin, they can start watching over players and start watching over players and give opinions on new VIPs resulting in solving both problems.

Basically, more admins = more VIPs

But still, we need admins who are COMPLETELY trusted such as Sabb.

This might be a good time to bring up the whole "give VIP's insta-kick" idea that me and sabb had a while ago.

- Able to kick a player without a vote
- They can rejoin INSTANTLY
- Not logged on sourcebans.

It'd just be an easier way for VIP's to give warnings.

This sounds good too, but there is a chance that VIPs can abuse it by kicking someone for a fake reason and the player doesn't have proof that they did it...Or is it different?
Post by: cogsandspigots on October 06, 2011, 03:29:00 PM
Just saying, to any of you VIP hopefuls; A "No" may not be permanent. Wait a bit; try again. Strive for it, and then it becomes about your behavior. If you know you can do it, prove it. Don't just give up.
Very much this.
I got denied 3 times, and I still ended up as VIP.
Post by: Peetah on October 06, 2011, 04:31:35 PM
Well wirebuild use to have no admins until Coolz promoted 3 build players.
I guess we can say its time for a TTT "update"? (Still w8ting for meet the pyro >:O)
Post by: Tiger Guy on October 06, 2011, 05:12:03 PM
I agree with Sabb, we need to promote some VIPS that play ZS, TTT, etc. because I rarely see an admin on their.
Post by: Deathie on October 06, 2011, 05:49:03 PM
I agree with Sabb, we need to promote some VIPS that play ZS, TTT, etc. because I rarely see an admin on their.

Well, aside from sabb, who else should be promoted to admin?

Not many other people have apps right now, the ones that DO are either inactive or have left, and on top of that, theres not many people who even have the stones to try and apply ( like me :v ).

I think that the best approach would be to give some of the more well known/respected VIP's who are both active (and responsible) a temporary admin position where they will be heavily monitored, and can be demoted at the first sign of abuse.

Just going to throw some names -

Deacon (Assuming you don't mind "OMG ADMIN PLZ BAN DIS GAI")
Sabb (Self-explanatory)
Don (I don't give a shit if you think you're inactive, every little bit helps. You can just opt-out of VIP app votes if you're that concerned about it.)
Hotgreen (Although you've only been a VIP for a month now, you're by far one of THE MOST chill people here, and have never, not even once, lost your cool.)

At least, that's just my suggestion.

Post by: jimonions on October 06, 2011, 05:51:14 PM
I don't go on much when Im working on something which I have been for a while.
However whenever I do get on ttt is always full and the other servers are empty.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on October 06, 2011, 06:22:57 PM
As Snivy said, possibly temp-admin that is under extreme watch and all commands used are watched? I.E: Temp-admin makes themself explode, it shows up, temp-admin slays someone, it shows up. etc etc
Post by: YomoFox on October 06, 2011, 10:18:58 PM
I'm on ZS and Fretta Evryday :O
Post by: Ἆxule on October 06, 2011, 10:36:08 PM
As Snivy said, possibly temp-admin that is under extreme watch and all commands used are watched? I.E: Temp-admin makes themself explode, it shows up, temp-admin slays someone, it shows up. etc etc

I believe Coolz once said he didn't want to add anymore ranks. But who knows, he might change his mind.
Post by: Deacon on October 07, 2011, 01:27:45 AM
I know he said that, but that was the past. Our players have changed, and so the servers change as well. If we cannot adjust properly (under guidance from what coolz wants, of course) then we fail
Post by: Roach :3 on October 07, 2011, 06:55:54 AM
The problem is there not enough VIP's to make some one admin or something, the problem is that there is not enough trusted players that can make an app and be accepted.
Most of the trusted players are oldfags and this why most of them are VIP's, server has been changed and a lot of people left, right now we need TRUSTED players that we know, then there might be more admins and VIP's that could handle the servers.
Post by: ursus on October 07, 2011, 08:14:37 AM
>snivy, sabb, don, and deacon as admin

>(http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9193/0fda0e90spongebobwallet.jpg)

Post by: Apie2 on October 07, 2011, 08:25:34 AM
I think VIPS|ADMINS just need to be more active on zs and TTT.
I only see Sabb, Deaon, Don on TTT.
The rest nearly never.
Post by: Sabb on October 07, 2011, 09:21:03 AM
I don't think that a new rank is necessary. What admins do still shows up in the logs btw. I also don't want to go "oh so and so and this fgt and this one nid get admin promote now please ty". I just made this thread to point out that promotions are probably a good idea now, coolz can decides who he thinks is a good candidate if he agrees with me.
Post by: Shawn on October 07, 2011, 09:51:21 AM
I honestly don't think we need more admins VIPS can kick and Ban so that pretty much keeps the servers minge free.
Post by: Deacon on October 07, 2011, 09:54:41 AM
I honestly don't think we need more admins VIPS can kick and Ban so that pretty much keeps the servers minge free.

I know you're just starting to play again....so bear with me, i'm not trying to be a douche.
We have new players, and very few of them know the rules. They constantly do things, mainly little things that you cannot do anything about, and these little things add up to a poor gaming experience. Since VIPs have to go and find evidence and it has to be actually worthy of a report, and THEN kick, the process is muddled, and gets bogged down by the next person doing something, and then you have to watch them instead, and ignore the first offender.

We need something; new admins, more VIPs, something, because its damn hard anymore to just play a normal round of...well, anything.
Post by: Sabb on October 07, 2011, 09:57:29 AM
The reason we need new admins IMO is because there ARE good candidates for admin, people that are generally active and can manage the server fine. But as a VIP, you simply can't manage a server that well. It's a hell of a lot harder for mainly reasons Deacon has said, and it's never just a black and white okay ban this person kick him, etc. The servers will be MUCH better handled with new more active admins.
Post by: Shawn on October 07, 2011, 10:15:33 AM
I know you're just starting to play again....so bear with me, i'm not trying to be a douche.
We have new players, and very few of them know the rules. They constantly do things, mainly little things that you cannot do anything about, and these little things add up to a poor gaming experience. Since VIPs have to go and find evidence and it has to be actually worthy of a report

I'll agree with you to an extent as in if you want to get someone permanently banned then yes you need the proof, but even in game i don't think Admins should be just kicking/banning because they "think" someone is hacking/breaking the rules without even watching them for a bit to make sure it wasn't some sort of "dumb luck" We all had it where we just pwned so many people with head shots but it wasn't "hacks"  it was just luck. So when it comes to kicking/banning in-game Admin and VIPs IMHO do the same thing when deciding to kick someone. The only deference is Admins can insta kick/ban.

The only thing we might need more of is people who can review ban reports. but we don't really need more Admins to do that maybe some trustworthy people to decide if its worth a ban or not and they mark in the thread so whenever anyone with access to sourceban sees it they just have to ban without even reading or looking at the thread so it saves time.
Post by: Sabb on October 07, 2011, 10:18:21 AM
I'll agree with you to an extent as in if you want to get someone permanently banned then yes you need the proof, but even in game i don't think Admins should be just kicking/banning because they "think" someone is hacking/breaking the rules without even watching them for a bit to make sure it wasn't some sort of "dumb luck" We all had it where we just pwned so many people with head shots but it wasn't "hacks"  it was just luck. So when it comes to kicking/banning in-game Admin and VIPs IMHO do the same thing when deciding to kick someone. The only deference is Admins can insta kick/ban.

The only thing we might need more of is people who can review ban reports. but we don't really need more Admins to do that maybe some trustworthy people to decide if its worth a ban or not and they mark in the thread so whenever anyone with access to sourceban sees it they just have to ban without even reading or looking at the thread so it saves time.
No. Just no. VIPs also have to deal with derpsy Regs A LOT when trying to make votes and shit. At least I have. Plus, VIPs do really need to be much more careful... it's way WAY more easy to get demoted from VIP for a tiny slip up than from admin. It's not just an opinion it's >fact that admins can deal with situations a hell of a lot better than VIPs can, and since we have VIPs that I think seem very well trusted, I don't see why we wouldn't get promotions soon.
Post by: Shawn on October 07, 2011, 10:26:40 AM
VIPs do really need to be much more careful... it's way WAY more easy to get demoted from VIP for a tiny slip up than from admin.

And to me thats what makes it a perfect system so we don't have lots of people getting kick for stupid shit, VIPS are going to make sure its worth kicking/banning before doing anything and to me that makes my gaming experience more pleasurable knowing I'm not going to get kick/banned for having "luck"
Post by: Sabb on October 07, 2011, 10:28:18 AM
And to me thats what makes it a perfect system so we don't have lots of people getting kick for stupid shit, VIPS are going to make sure its worth kicking/banning before doing anything and to me that makes my gaming experience more pleasurable knowing I'm not going to get kick/banned for having "luck"
But that's why we get trusted VIPs, not the kind of person that would be for "luck"... Plus, getting more VIPs that as you admit are limited, would still not fix anything, and regarding VIP, I don't see anyone atm who could be a possible candidate but hasn't applied or been approved.
Post by: Deacon on October 07, 2011, 10:30:26 AM

We don't kick for stupid shit. But we're so focused on making damn sure we don't accidently mess up, things slip by us. I've had reports filled while I'm playing in the server, because I'm too focused on what some other guy is doing. It takes longer to gather the evidence than it does to be trusted. Which we are. Getting VIP is not easy. Not now. I'm not saying we should get to kick for whatever we want but we do need to be able to take a bit of control. Otherwise, we're just a pink tag.
Post by: Shawn on October 07, 2011, 11:05:36 AM
I don't see anyone atm who could be a possible candidate

Maybe because spend most your time in TTT, I've seen a few candidates for VIP in ZS myself.

We don't kick for stupid shit.

I was not trying to say you did/would.

anyways i just don't think we "desperately" need admins but thats just my opinion.
Post by: ursus on October 07, 2011, 11:11:59 AM
Maybe because spend most your time in TTT, I've seen a few candidates for VIP in ZS myself.

I was not trying to say you did/would.

anyways i just don't think we "desperately" need admins but thats just my opinion.

I thought you just recently came back?
Post by: Shawn on October 07, 2011, 11:13:50 AM
I thought you just recently came back?

I did, but before i left i seen some good people that beleive are still playing....
Post by: Sabb on October 07, 2011, 12:07:17 PM
I did, but before i left i seen some good people that beleive are still playing....
A lot of people left.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on October 07, 2011, 05:25:37 PM
I believe Coolz once said he didn't want to add anymore ranks. But who knows, he might change his mind.

As I recall once, we used to have temp-admin rank

We don't kick for stupid shit. But we're so focused on making damn sure we don't accidently mess up, things slip by us. I've had reports filled while I'm playing in the server, because I'm too focused on what some other guy is doing. It takes longer to gather the evidence than it does to be trusted. Which we are. Getting VIP is not easy. Not now. I'm not saying we should get to kick for whatever we want but we do need to be able to take a bit of control. Otherwise, we're just a pink tag.

^This

I take SOO MANY precautions before I kick or ban that sometimes things just start get confusing when 10 people are shitstorming me to ban somebody. VIPs do not kick or ban for idiotic reasons, they only make mistakes while in the process of kicking somebody and get in trouble for it.
Post by: Deacon on October 07, 2011, 05:31:16 PM
As I recall once, we used to have temp-admin rank

^This

I take SOO MANY precautions before I kick or ban that sometimes things just start get confusing when 10 people are shitstorming me to ban somebody. VIPs do not kick or ban for idiotic reasons, they only make mistakes while in the process of kicking somebody and get in trouble for it.

and I can't even recall the last time one of us kicked for a bullshit reason.
I honestly, can't.
Post by: Lazer Blade on October 07, 2011, 05:48:53 PM
wouldn't it just be better if we promoted more of the well know trusted regs to vip ?
Post by: Deacon on October 07, 2011, 05:49:55 PM
wouldn't it just be better if we promoted more of the well know trusted regs to vip ?

applications are accepted at any time guys
Post by: Deathie on October 07, 2011, 08:19:18 PM
applications are accepted at any time guys

And please, don't make "Should I make a VIP app?" threads.
Post by: Dale Feles on October 08, 2011, 04:46:34 AM
And please, don't make "Should I make a VIP app?" threads.

I bet Memo is reading this.

Anyways I want to apply for VIP, but the big thing is, I normally get bored of Gmod real quick, and I'll probably go inactive. I know a couple of members in the community that deserve VIP status. It should help a little when it comes to kicking minges and whatnot.
Post by: ursus on October 08, 2011, 11:41:51 AM
As far as moderation goes, VIP insta-kick is kind of necessary. I don't see why we don't have it already.

I would be curious to see what regs do with votekick. After all, what's the difference between voting to kick someone and starting the vote yourself? You can't really do more "damage" either way. That, and it's piss-easy to report someone for a bogus kick.
Post by: Dale Feles on October 08, 2011, 11:47:59 AM
As far as moderation goes, VIP insta-kick is kind of necessary. I don't see why we don't have it already.

I would be curious to see what regs do with votekick. After all, what's the difference between voting to kick someone and starting the vote yourself? You can't really do more "damage" either way. That, and it's piss-easy to report someone for a bogus kick.

If that actually happens, then we should make REG harder to get. Honestly, if Regulars can vote kick, then it would go back just like the respected rank.
Post by: ursus on October 08, 2011, 11:58:01 AM
If that actually happens, then we should make REG harder to get. Honestly, if Regulars can vote kick, then it would go back just like the respected rank.

It shouldn't be easy to get anyway.

When you vote in a votekick, you have one vote. When you start a votekick, you have one vote. If this happened, though, we would need to have official TTT rules somewhere. Seriously. The ones by sanders are outdated.
Post by: Don on October 08, 2011, 12:50:16 PM
Stop with the Insta kick stuff ...
I honestly don't think it's needed and it most likely wasn't the intention of sabb to change any existing ranks.
The suggestion is to promote more people to existing ranks.

And no, Regs should NOT be given the abilty to votekick.
Just no.
Post by: JIGSAW on October 08, 2011, 01:21:49 PM
if this happens new admins= new vips, demoted admins possibly, and possibly new super admins
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on October 08, 2011, 02:13:23 PM
And no, Regs should NOT be given the abilty to votekick.
Just no.

^

A lot, and by a lot I mean A LOT of regulars do stupid shit behind backs of higher-ranked members. No bloody way they should have votekick  (sorry guys)

I'm okay with no insta-kick.
Post by: Shawn on October 08, 2011, 02:17:17 PM
I would be curious to see what regs do with votekick.

"Cough" Respectards "Cough".
Post by: ursus on October 08, 2011, 02:23:14 PM

"Cough" Respectards "Cough".

It's not exactly as easy to get reg now. Or at least it shouldn't be.

And like I said, it's seriously easy to report BS kicks. It's almost fun.
Post by: Sabb on October 08, 2011, 05:00:09 PM
It's not exactly as easy to get reg now. Or at least it shouldn't be.

And like I said, it's seriously easy to report BS kicks. It's almost fun.
No, it should be. >wirebuild
Regs having votekick is just... no... no...
Way too easy to abuse, way too many Regs to keep track of. lolno
The VIP insta-kick however, I agree with. I personally think it could help.
I don't mind too much discussions on insta-kick and such in this thread btw, seeing as they're all suggestions trying to fix the same general issue.
Post by: Deacon on October 08, 2011, 08:00:13 PM
I can think of SOOOOO many reasons an instant kick paired with instant rejoin could benefit VIPs. Sure, it would be easy to abuse, but everyone is out to report us for the slightest mistake. In that case, they should; checks and balances between branches of power.
Post by: Dark Pacifist on October 13, 2011, 11:42:50 PM
So to summarize yes all the ranks are perfect as is yes the instakick is interesting but easily abuse able so no instakick. Slaying way too many want this on people so more people being able to do it sounds like a nightmare. The voting system is already greatly controlled maybe allowing vip's to kick a person longer wouldn't be out of question. Only change I'd suggest would be to make it a little easier to become vip. As for admin requiremets it seems fair alittle high on required hours though.
Post by: Sabb on October 14, 2011, 10:17:01 AM
So to summarize yes all the ranks are perfect as is yes the instakick is interesting but easily abuse able so no instakick. Slaying way too many want this on people so more people being able to do it sounds like a nightmare. The voting system is already greatly controlled maybe allowing vip's to kick a person longer wouldn't be out of question. Only change I'd suggest would be to make it a little easier to become vip. As for admin requiremets it seems fair alittle high on required hours though.
If that last sentence was based off of what was posted in my admin app, it was a joke. There is no required hours to become admin.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on October 14, 2011, 04:15:17 PM
@Dark Pacifist

You do realize that we only get TRUSTED members to become VIP so they won't abuse it? That's why getting VIP is hard and the insta-kick doesn't seem like a bad idea.

From what it seems, we try to get the best players possible to become VIP so that it doesn't get abused. I haven't ever seen one of us abuse VIP at all.
Post by: » Magic « on October 15, 2011, 12:32:06 PM
I approve

Time for rNd nowadays is next to nothing

Free time is spent enjoying myself
Post by: Mr. Franklin on October 15, 2011, 01:11:34 PM
One thing that bothers me about the difference between VIP and Admin is, if a admin has more responsibility than a VIP, why aren't the administration team making a decision on how to fix this? I don't see any admins making idea's on how to fix this problem, and only VIP's are. In my eyes, i see the rank of VIP having more responsibility than an admin.

Now in this thread, we aren't the ones to decide who will become admin, only Coolz has that decision. One other thing that bugs me, alot of regulars/VIP/Admins that post on the forums barely play on the servers at all, If you want to help improve this community, atleast play on the servers once a day.

The idea of instant-kicking people should be for an admin only.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on October 15, 2011, 01:25:45 PM
I post on the forums AND play every day

._.

Insta-kick isn't really needed but it is kinda useful.
Post by: blαh2355 on October 15, 2011, 05:01:41 PM
One thing that bothers me about the difference between VIP and Admin is, if a admin has more responsibility than a VIP, why aren't the administration team making a decision on how to fix this? I don't see any admins making idea's on how to fix this problem, and only VIP's are. In my eyes, i see the rank of VIP having more responsibility than an admin.

Now in this thread, we aren't the ones to decide who will become admin, only Coolz has that decision. One other thing that bugs me, alot of regulars/VIP/Admins that post on the forums barely play on the servers at all, If you want to help improve this community, atleast play on the servers once a day.

The idea of instant-kicking people should be for an admin only.
I think VIP's have a somewhat more responsibility because there are more of them than admins (a lot) and some of them are more active, making them an important asset.
Post by: Don on October 16, 2011, 08:10:36 AM
I don't want to make a new topic because of this and I feel like it's semi-fitting here.

Someone just needs to take care of VIP apps because right now, they're just open for days and days with no one caring about them.

Examples:

Shawn's VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8943.0.html) - 9 days, 4 +1s
Sype's VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8987.0.html) - 7 days, 0 +1s
Tiger Guy's VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8961.0.html) - 8 days, 2 +1s
Aerobro's VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8912.0.html) - 11 days, 0 +1s
LazerBlade's VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8952.0.html) - 9 days, 0 +1s
Axule's VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8945.0.html) - 9 days, 0 +1s

The only one where I can understand the extended time is on shawn's app since he's so close to getting it.

/Edit:

And then there's the incredibly neglected report section ...

(http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4158/unbenanntqy.png)

... and even some (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8785.0.html) appeals (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8410.0.html)
Post by: Tomcat on October 16, 2011, 10:38:18 AM
I don't want to make a new topic because of this and I feel like it's semi-fitting here.

Someone just needs to take care of VIP apps because right now, they're just open for days and days with no one caring about them.

Examples:

Shawn's VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8943.0.html) - 9 days, 4 +1s
Sype's VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8987.0.html) - 7 days, 0 +1s
Tiger Guy's VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8961.0.html) - 8 days, 2 +1s
Aerobro's VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8912.0.html) - 11 days, 0 +1s
LazerBlade's VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8952.0.html) - 9 days, 0 +1s
Axule's VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8945.0.html) - 9 days, 0 +1s

The only one where I can understand the extended time is on shawn's app since he's so close to getting it.

/Edit:

... and even some (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8785.0.html) appeals (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8410.0.html)

You try and do some micro management.... I must  of cleared out 10 reports and a day later they are all back (hence my fail attempt at making a thread about ttt reports)
Post by: YomoFox on October 16, 2011, 10:48:00 AM
I cleaned 11 report in this week...
Post by: blαh2355 on October 16, 2011, 03:01:31 PM

My report D:
Post by: Deathie on October 16, 2011, 04:23:09 PM

You try and do some micro management.... I must  of cleared out 10 reports and a day later they are all back (hence my fail attempt at making a thread about ttt reports)

Which is why we need more admins...?
Post by: Deacon on October 16, 2011, 06:52:13 PM
Or more global mods. I swear, we should just re-instate the temporary admin position and see how people work out.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on October 16, 2011, 07:26:38 PM
Or more global mods. I swear, we should just re-instate the temporary admin position and see how people work out.

This is what I meant.
Post by: Apie2 on October 17, 2011, 01:38:01 PM
We just need some new VIPS, most of the VIP apps just get denied dual no votes.
We jsut need few more guys that are trust full and that play nearly everyday.
Post by: Dale Feles on October 17, 2011, 01:42:52 PM
We just need some new VIPS, most of the VIP apps just get denied dual no votes.
We jsut need few more guys that are trust full and that play nearly everyday.

The thing is we can't give VIP to anyone we see. It would go back just like the respected system.
Post by: Deacon on October 17, 2011, 01:56:14 PM
The thing is we can't give VIP to anyone we see. It would go back just like the respected system.

Make don and sabb admins, encourage more vip apps. Remember, prove you can be vip by being responsible
Post by: YomoFox on October 17, 2011, 10:13:46 PM
we need more vips or admin in TTT server
Post by: Apie2 on October 18, 2011, 02:37:32 AM
we need more vips or admin in TTT server
On the timezone where I play are never admins/vips on, guys can just bitch around. ;_;
Post by: Mr. Franklin on October 18, 2011, 01:58:21 PM
What we really need is, every single admin to do their job and pitch in their time to make this gaming community better.
Post by: Deacon on October 18, 2011, 02:43:34 PM
What we really need is, every single admin to do their job and pitch in their time to make this gaming community better.

Demote EVERYONE.
Post by: YomoFox on October 18, 2011, 11:20:45 PM
my idea is like "Yomogimochi was suggested by other vips."

so we can more vips :O
Post by: Cheesicle on October 19, 2011, 06:04:31 AM
my idea is like "Yomogimochi was suggested by other vips."

so we can more vips :O

yarly

A lot of the Admin "apps" aren't really apps, but recommendations from other admins. Why not do the same for VIPs? I'm pretty sure VIP's are capable of knowing who is a good candidate and who isn't.
Post by: Deacon on October 19, 2011, 01:31:36 PM
That is what the system is. A +1 is a reccomendation...and a -1 is a no.
Post by: ursus on October 19, 2011, 08:28:04 PM
admins can post admin apps. vips cannot post vip apps.

what
Post by: Cheesicle on October 19, 2011, 09:12:06 PM
admins can post admin apps. vips cannot post vip apps.

what

No, I meant like

If you go on the Admin section, a lot of the threads are not applications, but coolz saying "so-and-so has been recommended by other admins, what is your insight on this candidate?" I think people should also be nominated for VIP status, if enough people recommend him.
Post by: Sabb on October 20, 2011, 04:12:21 PM
No, I meant like

If you go on the Admin section, a lot of the threads are not applications, but coolz saying "so-and-so has been recommended by other admins, what is your insight on this candidate?" I think people should also be nominated for VIP status, if enough people recommend him.
If they want it, they can apply themselves. Kind of worth showing some effort anyways.
Post by: Don on November 04, 2011, 01:41:48 PM
lolbump

I'm just going to use this thread to bring attention to VIP apps/reports now.
Take it however you want to take it.

VIP apps:

Mickey Yeung, no replies, 13 days (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9219.0.html)

Outtokill, no +1s, 12 days (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9225.0.html)

Tigerboy, no replies, 8 days (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9297.0.html)

Reports (only going to link ones that have had some discussion in them and are older than one week):

[Dick]Tator - prop surfing/glitching (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9101.0.html)

Moe - teaming, rdming, ghosting (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9094.0.html)

[L4G]Barkhausen - DDoSing (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8904.0.html)

ShadoKaisa - Ghosting/Wall Hacking (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8957.0.html)

Orel and Sreampac Ghosting (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8996.0.html)

SSinisterss - RDMing (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9165.0.html)

Corrupt_Data - Prop Pushing (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9146.0.html)

Chunky King - Strikes again with Prop Pushing (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9147.0.html)

EducatedNoob & boombook - Detective Revenge RDM, Ghosting (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9195.0.html)

Sonerin - RDMing and Ghosting with Vastined (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9115.0.html)

Elior RDMing (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9018.0.html)

Three people hacking (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9290.0.html)

weirdok44 Glitching (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9293.0.html)

Doza - name changing, DDoSing (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9120.0.html)

Beast speedhacking/aimbotting (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9330.0.html)

Nelson Hoyes Wallhacking (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9335.0.html)

Fatality Speedhacking/Aimbotting (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9345.0.html)
Post by: Apie2 on November 04, 2011, 02:21:25 PM
lolbump

I'm just going to use this thread to bring attention to VIP apps/reports now.
Take it however you want to take it.

VIP apps:

Mickey Yeung, no replies, 13 days (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9219.0.html)

Outtokill, no +1s, 12 days (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9225.0.html)

Tigerboy, no replies, 8 days (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9297.0.html)

It would be a good idea I think if every VIP or ADMIN needs to vote on app.
So ppl know like he saw that app, and not be like nobody knows me. D:
Post by: Don on November 04, 2011, 02:23:12 PM
It would be a good idea I think if every VIP or ADMIN needs to vote on app.
So ppl know like he saw that app, and not be like nobody knows me. D:
Sorry, but what?
If an admin/VIP doesn't know a person, they shouldn't comment on it ... At least that's what I do. I find it much better than just posting "who? +0" in every app.
And I don't think that's the point of this thread anyway.
Post by: YomoFox on November 04, 2011, 07:53:01 PM
I don't like demo cuz i dont have ttt map
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on November 04, 2011, 08:33:25 PM
I don't like demo cuz i dont have ttt map

That does prove to be a problem in some cases.
Post by: Dale Feles on November 05, 2011, 01:36:33 PM
How about we add a new section called "VIP suggestions" or something along those lines. If the player who is recommended by ____ is generally liked amongst the community, we could either promote him, or make an application. Of course, recommendations could only be made my admins/Vip's, and would have to state WHY this person is fit for VIP.

Players could also have the choice to make an application their selves as usual if they think the are a good candidate for the rank.
Post by: Deacon on November 05, 2011, 07:51:37 PM
How about we add a new section called "VIP suggestions" or something along those lines. If the player who is recommended by ____ is generally liked amongst the community, we could either promote him, or make an application. Of course, recommendations could only be made my admins/Vip's, and would have to state WHY this person is fit for VIP.

Players could also have the choice to make an application their selves as usual if they think the are a good candidate for the rank.

No. Anyone can make an application, they just have to follow the rules.

Although, we should have a "VIP discussion" thread, where we can talk about interpretations, give advice to each other on situations, and we could also leave a precedent for future VIPs.
Post by: Shawn on November 05, 2011, 09:47:33 PM
No. Anyone can make an application, they just have to follow the rules.

Although, we should have a "VIP discussion" thread, where we can talk about interpretations, give advice to each other on situations, and we could also leave a precedent for future VIPs.

Yes and this section should be private for only VIPS + Deacon and no one else. So we can leave lists of players that should be watched.
Post by: Deacon on November 05, 2011, 09:54:21 PM
Yes and this section should be private for only VIPS + Deacon and no one else. So we can leave lists of players that should be watched.

And admins

and I don't need to see it lol
Post by: Shawn on November 05, 2011, 09:56:15 PM
And admins

and I don't need to see it lol

Admins = Global mods (forum rank) they can view it regardless so i didn't see the need to mention it :P

And of course you do :)
Post by: Deacon on November 05, 2011, 10:00:41 PM
....I knew that.
And why would I? There's no reason why, if I'm not VIP, I should stalk a VIP board.

Besides, you guys can always ask me regardless
Post by: aerobro on November 05, 2011, 10:33:49 PM
I wonder who's on the list.  :ghost:
Post by: coolzeldad on November 06, 2011, 12:24:11 AM
I wonder who's on the list.  :ghost:

yamada beesh :darkbluepacmanghost:
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on November 06, 2011, 06:52:25 AM
yamada beesh :darkbluepacmanghost:

BAN'D

So....About dem reports..

We still have a LOT that are really old, have good proof, but aren't being looked at. Sorry for saying yet again but it kinda needs to be done.
Post by: ursus on November 06, 2011, 06:59:35 AM
BAN'D

So....About dem reports..

We still have a LOT that are really old, have good proof, but aren't being looked at. Sorry for saying yet again but it kinda needs to be done.

I had pretty definitive proof for all my stronghold reports, but nobody looked at them.

About 6 hackers who still haven't been banned.
Post by: cogsandspigots on November 09, 2011, 04:07:07 PM
Lets see how long my report takes to be checked....

Clock starts now.
Post by: Sabb on November 09, 2011, 05:06:09 PM
It's nice that reports are bring taken care of right now, but I would just like to point out that they shouldn't only be looked at when this thread gets a bump.
Post by: cogsandspigots on November 09, 2011, 05:16:32 PM
It's nice that reports are bring taken care of right now, but I would just like to point out that they shouldn't only be looked at when this thread gets a bump.
I politely asked Tomcat to.
Post by: Sabb on November 09, 2011, 05:20:35 PM
I politely asked Tomcat to.
Thank you for doing so, and for Tomcat as well, but still.
It's nice that reports are bring taken care of right now, but I would just like to point out that they shouldn't only be looked at when cogsandpigots politely asks someone to do so.
Post by: Tomcat on November 09, 2011, 06:39:57 PM
Thank you for doing so, and for Tomcat as well, but still.

:trollface: :trollface: :trollface:
Post by: Deacon on November 09, 2011, 06:44:47 PM
:trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

No really: Thank you.
Post by: ursus on November 09, 2011, 07:54:41 PM
This thread is now about how Tomcat is the awesomest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Post by: cogsandspigots on November 09, 2011, 08:08:09 PM
Tomcat for super-admin.
Post by: ursus on November 09, 2011, 08:09:05 PM
Tomcat for owner

Yesyesyesyesyes
Post by: Sabb on November 10, 2011, 11:29:43 AM
Why is everyone praising Tomcat for doing his job after a long time of neglecting it?
No offense...
Post by: Don on November 10, 2011, 11:48:12 AM
Why is everyone praising Tomcat for doing his job after a long time of neglecting it?
No offense...
This.
I think it's great that Tomcat does it and I love him for doing it,
but he's been ASKED to do it by a member. And remember, all these reports were quite old.
Post by: Dale Feles on November 10, 2011, 01:53:33 PM
This.
I think it's great that Tomcat does it and I love him for doing it,
but he's been ASKED to do it by a member. And remember, all these reports were quite old.

I know this is going to sound weird... but...

How about we name someone to take care of reports that's active and trusted by the community? This could help us managing reports easier and so on.
Post by: Sabb on November 10, 2011, 01:55:19 PM
I know this is going to sound weird... but...

How about we name someone to take care of reports that's active and trusted by the community? This could help us managing reports easier and so on.
The result would be the same if not worse.
We just need more reliable admins (as in, more admins that are reliable, not as in making the current admins more reliable).
Post by: Deacon on November 10, 2011, 01:57:46 PM
It want done, needed to be done.
Someone asked and rather than deflect and ask someone else, tomcat did it. So yes, it should've been done already, but its still good that he took the time and answered us. At least someone did.
Post by: Tomcat on November 10, 2011, 04:33:45 PM
I need no praise

I know I've been neglecting my duties. I am deeply sorry for that, its just I have a fucking gay school life and other things to worry about. inb4 bip's server
Post by: Sabb on November 10, 2011, 04:35:10 PM
I need no praise

I know I've been neglecting my duties. I am deeply sorry for that, its just I have a fucking gay school life and other things to worry about. inb4 bip's server
It's not only about you though as well ._.. You aren't the only admin.
Post by: Don on November 11, 2011, 09:28:00 AM
Been a week since last time, I'd like this to be a weekly thing.

VIP apps

Octagonnapus' VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9408.0.html) - ends tomorrow, only -1s
Juan Ambriz' VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9421.0.html) - ends tomorrow, only 1 VIP +1

Reports/Appeals

Elior - RDMing (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9018.0.html)

Doza - name changer, DDoSing (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9120.0.html)

farts - hacking (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9270.0.html)

"Requesting Ban Hacker/Aimbot/Namesteal" (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9273.0.html)

Toasted - Mass RDM (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9433.0.html)

Armed and Ready, Jawn Conna (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9290.0.html)

Thizzfreak - RDM, possibly T Hacks (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9477.0.html)

Duck :D - aimbot/hacks (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9505.0.html)

TeamDC tank - RDM, possible T hacks (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9498.0.html)

Soap Dies - Wallhack (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9493.0.html)
Post by: Deacon on November 11, 2011, 09:54:34 AM
Been a week since last time, I'd like this to be a weekly thing.

VIP apps

Octagonnapus' VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9408.0.html) - ends tomorrow, only -1s
Juan Ambriz' VIP app (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9421.0.html) - ends tomorrow, only 1 VIP +1

Reports/Appeals

Elior - RDMing (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9018.0.html)

Doza - name changer, DDoSing (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9120.0.html)

farts - hacking (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9270.0.html)

"Requesting Ban Hacker/Aimbot/Namesteal" (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9273.0.html)

Toasted - Mass RDM (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9433.0.html)

Armed and Ready, Jawn Conna (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9290.0.html)

Thizzfreak - RDM, possibly T Hacks (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9477.0.html)

Duck :D - aimbot/hacks (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9505.0.html)

TeamDC tank - RDM, possible T hacks (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9498.0.html)

Soap Dies - Wallhack (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,9493.0.html)

I have something you will want, excuse me.
Post by: Deacon on November 11, 2011, 10:46:21 AM
Double post for simplicity that should have been done a long time ago

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlFfWQ8E9S-3dDhmTHlSMGhFczU4WHcxdllTOFNDRnc
Post by: ursus on November 11, 2011, 10:50:58 AM
Double post for simplicity that should have been done a long time ago

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlFfWQ8E9S-3dDhmTHlSMGhFczU4WHcxdllTOFNDRnc

It won't let me edit anything.
Post by: Don on November 11, 2011, 11:06:47 AM
It won't let me edit anything.
It's a Doncon production.

What is Doncon?

It's Deacon
and DoeniDon.

Also Deacon is still fixing the math.
And all of it is credit to Deacon, I only leech off of his work and just add words.
Post by: aerobro on November 11, 2011, 11:18:20 AM
It's a Doncon production.

What is Doncon?

It's Deacon
and DoeniDon.

Also Deacon is still fixing the math.
And all of it is credit to Deacon, I only leech off of his work and just add words.
oh good i'm glad to see you and peetah are applying for vip  :money:
Post by: Deacon on November 11, 2011, 11:32:45 AM
This is still a work in progress. In excel it worked, but google doesn't like something I'm doing, and I can't figure out what.
If you have spreadsheet experience let Me, don, or gamefreak know your email
we'll add you to the list
if you troll on this
i'm gonna rip
your
fucking
nuts off

I have to go to work, I'll get on it again later, see what I can't find.
Please, If you edit something, Leave a comment on it to let me know what it is that you changed
Post by: Seb on November 11, 2011, 12:03:29 PM
We need more admins and VIPs in general.

Their powers are fine as is.

I'd apply for VIP, but I can't seem to bring myself to draw another application.
Post by: Deacon on November 11, 2011, 03:27:47 PM
We need more admins and VIPs in general.

Their powers are fine as is.

I'd apply for VIP, but I can't seem to bring myself to draw another application.

Then type one. Cause we won't pick you based on artistic skill anyway. It still is who you are as a player