Author Topic: a  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
a
« on: October 06, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »
+10
New admins.
RND really needs some promotions now especially. I can't really stress this enough. Now that Moo is gone ESPECIALLY, there are really few admins that are active. On the servers, Jman and SMasters are the only ones that I really see on the servers anymore. Peetah does too, and Tech and Yomo, Jim occasionally, etc, but mostly only in wire, which usually doesn't need admins. At least not nearly as much as the other servers do. I'm not saying that any of them shouldn't be admin because they're inactive, but I do think this is the perfect reason if any to start considering more promotions. No, I'm not making this because I want admin, though I do, hence my app being posted, but I really think it's best for RND to get some more admins right now. A lot of people have complained to me over Steam saying that it looks like RND is dying out and such. Having some new admins to help with the servers, forums, bans, etc, just everything, will seriously help IMO. Since Moo has left, there's a lot more room for improvement now as I see. Applications, bans, etc, aren't being handled as well as I would say Moo did. I'm not blaming this on anyone or anything, but just pointing it out with a possible solution.
Thoughts?

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
Re: a
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 12:09:12 PM »
New admins.
RND really needs some promotions now especially. I can't really stress this enough. Now that Moo is gone ESPECIALLY, there are really few admins that are active. On the servers, Jman and SMasters are the only ones that I really see on the servers anymore. Peetah does too, and Tech and Yomo, Jim occasionally, etc, but mostly only in wire, which usually doesn't need admins. At least not nearly as much as the other servers do. I'm not saying that any of them shouldn't be admin because they're inactive, but I do think this is the perfect reason if any to start considering more promotions. No, I'm not making this because I want admin, though I do, hence my app being posted, but I really think it's best for RND to get some more admins right now. A lot of people have complained to me over Steam saying that it looks like RND is dying out and such. Having some new admins to help with the servers, forums, bans, etc, just everything, will seriously help IMO. Since Moo has left, there's a lot more room for improvement now as I see. Applications, bans, etc, aren't being handled as well as I would say Moo did. I'm not blaming this on anyone or anything, but just pointing it out with a possible solution.
Thoughts?

This sounds like another place for me to plug the "I support Sabb as admin" campaign. Cause I do. I agree with him; the only problem I see is that there still aren't enough VIPs...how are we supposed to find admins? We treat the VIP "privilege" like they carry the same weight as admin applications. Its like you guys are scarred from the Respected era, and the abuse that took place. Don't forget, people are always watching, now more than ever, and abuse like that cannot continue. I agree with Sabb; more admins are needed. BUT we are still suck on "VIP abuse". We need to find a way to do both, and soon. 

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 12:21:50 PM »
This sounds like another place for me to plug the "I support Sabb as admin" campaign. Cause I do. I agree with him; the only problem I see is that there still aren't enough VIPs...how are we supposed to find admins? We treat the VIP "privilege" like they carry the same weight as admin applications. Its like you guys are scarred from the Respected era, and the abuse that took place. Don't forget, people are always watching, now more than ever, and abuse like that cannot continue. I agree with Sabb; more admins are needed. BUT we are still suck on "VIP abuse". We need to find a way to do both, and soon.
I feel too lazy to type this out again, so I'ma just paste what I discussed with Jman.

.:RND`=- Jman: we need more VIPs right now, not admin i guess
Sabb: weve needed VIPs for ever
Sabb: but admins too
Sabb: right now we do need more admins
.:RND`=- Jman: after all last time you said "wow there's more admins than VIPs now"
Sabb: because VIPs cna only do so much ina  server
Sabb: it gets to a point aVIP cant really do shit

What I'm sating is that yes, more VIPs would be nice, they can manage smaller problems and hand out smaller consequences. Admins can deal with situations much better. Again, I'm in the midle of something so I don't really want to go into too much detail, but I think you get the point.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »
The problem right now is really a lack of active admins on some servers.

Wire has Peetah and Tech, but both of them just exclusively play on wire. To a certain extend the same goes for yomo.
For the other servers, the only really active ones are jman and SMasters. 2 admins for 3 servers(fretta, TTT, ZS) really isn't enough.

So yeah, I agree.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 12:32:40 PM »
Yes, we need VIPs.
We also need admins, because contrary to popular belief, it can be quite difficult to kick someone. Most of the time, you can't gather the required evidence, and once you do, its not just a kick; it then becomes something you need to report instead, because 5 minutes is nothing. Especially to those who have grudges against us, or know that they can get away with ghosting and whatnot here, because they are never punished for it.

Offline aerobro

• Respect: +120
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 12:34:45 PM »
Sabb has been VIP forever and does a good job at it, he is really nice and friendly, and keeps the servers troll free as much as he can but if he was an administrator then he could be 2x more help to the servers.

Also we could maybe put the requirements of getting VIP down since there aren't a lot of active admins.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »
Sure, it was always pretty hard to see an admin playing, even on TTT or wirebuild, well at least at the time I play(minus the weekends when I play till 5am >_>).
I do believe that we have people who could be admins right now, and I do think we need some admins that live in different time zones since most of the active admins IN GAME at the moment are from US or similar time zones.

Now replying to the VIP thingy, it's mainly like that because there aren't really much of admins playing on the servers(I'm talking about the ones who are on the active approvers list as well) and over the time I noticed that people who play on TTT usually become known way faster then the people who play in Zs or Fretta. Therefore good candidates are getting unnoticed by the community.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 12:50:31 PM »
+1
Sure, it was always pretty hard to see an admin playing, even on TTT or wirebuild, well at least at the time I play(minus the weekends when I play till 5am >_>).
I do believe that we have people who could be admins right now, and I do think we need some admins that live in different time zones since most of the active admins IN GAME at the moment are from US or similar time zones.

Now replying to the VIP thingy, it's mainly like that because there aren't really much of admins playing on the servers(I'm talking about the ones who are on the active approvers list as well) and over the time I noticed that people who play on TTT usually become known way faster then the people who play in Zs or Fretta. Therefore good candidates are getting unnoticed by the community.

Yes, that is true. But they have to force themselves into it...Become known on the forums, push your way into conversations without being stupid about it (LMAO YA COOZL DID FUNNY THING). In order to get known, you sort of have to make yourself stand out. If you guys remember, I came to RND through the ZS server. The problem is that people can associate a denied VIP application with future deterrence. I applied 3 times, and it wasn't until the 3rd that I got significant support. BUT, the first two applications showed my intention: It showed that I wanted to be a VIP, and from there, it was about proving that I was ready for it. I earned your guys' trust that way. If I had stopped applying at 1, I would have probably been deterred from staying in RND at all.

Just saying, to any of you VIP hopefuls; A "No" may not be permanent. Wait a bit; try again. Strive for it, and then it becomes about your behavior. If you know you can do it, prove it. Don't just give up.

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +377
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 01:08:20 PM »
Talking about Moo being gone.
Where the hell did he go?

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »
Talking about Moo being gone.
Where the hell did he go?

Moo stepped down from admin a few weeks ago. Talk to him about it if you want, I won't spread shit here.

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 02:17:03 PM »
Moo stepped down from admin a few weeks ago. Talk to him about it if you want, I won't spread shit here.

He stepped down? :o

Anyways

I do would like to see new admins. There is a lot of the VIP's here that I think that could do a wonderful job at it (Sabb, Deacon, Deonidon). Especially that I've seen a lot of minges recently. 

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 03:01:33 PM »
I didn't know moo resigned ???

anyways, we have like a surplus of VIP's so I guess we could use some more admins, but then we might need a few more vip's

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 03:12:38 PM »
This might be a good time to bring up the whole "give VIP's insta-kick" idea that me and sabb had a while ago.

- Able to kick a player without a vote
- They can rejoin INSTANTLY
- Not logged on sourcebans.

It'd just be an easier way for VIP's to give warnings.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »
One of the reasons I think there aren't many VIPs is because, as Sabb said, not a lot of admins are active and they don't have experiences with certain players.

I agree with getting new admins and promoting Sabb. Sabb is the best candidate I see for admin as of now and I honestly hope he gets it. Doeni is an excellent candidate too but he took down his application since he can't be on very often.

From what I see, if we can promote a few active VIPs to admin, they can start watching over players and start watching over players and give opinions on new VIPs resulting in solving both problems.

Basically, more admins = more VIPs

But still, we need admins who are COMPLETELY trusted such as Sabb.

This might be a good time to bring up the whole "give VIP's insta-kick" idea that me and sabb had a while ago.

- Able to kick a player without a vote
- They can rejoin INSTANTLY
- Not logged on sourcebans.

It'd just be an easier way for VIP's to give warnings.

This sounds good too, but there is a chance that VIPs can abuse it by kicking someone for a fake reason and the player doesn't have proof that they did it...Or is it different?
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline cogsandspigots

• Respect: +612
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
+1
Just saying, to any of you VIP hopefuls; A "No" may not be permanent. Wait a bit; try again. Strive for it, and then it becomes about your behavior. If you know you can do it, prove it. Don't just give up.
Very much this.
I got denied 3 times, and I still ended up as VIP.