Author Topic: How do I convince my stubborn mom?  (Read 735 times)

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
Re: How do I convince my stubborn mom?
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 03:46:51 PM »
+1
I read half way, got the point and TL;DR'd.

It's stupid to -1 based off a difference of opinion, as I already said, it's juvenile.
As for you trying to prove that you had a rougher childhood, you clearly missed the point.

I wasn't posting that to try and get sympathy for you to pity me... I just wanted you to understand that your thinking doesn't work so well, at least not for me.

And you saying that you had it so rough because you were beaten...
THEN WHY DO YOU SUPPORT IT?

You clearly despise it so much, because it made it really rough for you, or by what you said sounds like it, SO WHY DO YOU WANT THAT FOR OTHER PEOPLE? It doesn't make any sense...

I also don't care if the people in your community beat all their children for the shits and giggles or not, for me, that would just encourage me to be even less violent.

Im pretty sure he's supporting it so he, in his mind, believes that his current childhood of being physically disciplined is the best, and there was no other possibly better way his parents could've treated him.

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
  • Respect: +635
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2011, 01:16:09 AM »
+2
Parenting... ah yes, there is no "correct" way to do it. It's too complex of a topic to define it in such simple terms.

But previous posts are right, teaching your kids with fear is extremely counter productive and Not effective.

Don't get me wrong there are times an places for spanking and such, (mostly before kids can talk) However, if your kids overwhelming feeling is they fear you (This dosn't mean they are scared when they do somthing wrong) This means that the first feeling they feel when they think of their parents is fear.

You screwed up parenting bad.

For me, I was never scared of being spanked or getting a time out. It was more the feeling, that I disappointed my parents. And this is how it should be, a kid should love and respect their parents, and be sad when they disappoint them.

There is no real surefire way to get this right, as everyone's situation and personality is different, and nothing is guaranteed to work for even most situations. That's why parenting is so hard. All of those "parenting" books might have some good tips, but following them as gospel is a recipe for disaster.

In the OP's situation.

Your sister just wants attention, so she does all the things that she knows will get her some (insulting, hitting, etc.)

This is a tough one since I really don't know anything about her.

My best bet would be to ignore her.

Completely

But for only when she is doing something bad.
- Even if she hits you
- Even if she breaks things
- Even if she cusses up a storm.

But, as soon as she does something nice, be her best friend.

When she does something Bad again, Ignore her completely.

Eventually her need for attention might outgrow her angriness, and she will be nice to you.

Again this isn't guaranteed to work, but if anything it sure will annoy the hell out of her at least. Just go hide anything precious to you.

Hitting her back wont do jack, It will only aggravate the situation.
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2011, 01:13:02 PM »
+1
GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS, PEOPLE

the good news is that my mom decided to let me talk and finally admitted that this lardball is a big ball of hate and nids gtfo

BAD NEWS

she decided to hire somebody to help her with her problems, whihc won't work unless the guy's  a fucking wizard or something
Miami's Finest

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2011, 01:29:20 PM »

the good news is that my mom decided to let me talk and finally admitted that this lardball is a big ball of hate and nids gtfo

BAD NEWS

she decided to hire somebody to help her with her problems, whihc won't work unless the guy's  a fucking wizard or something

you never know
sometimes outside influences work better.
Like with tutoring

Offline Cheesicle

• ████████
  • Respect: +841
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2011, 10:10:47 PM »

BAD NEWS

So close.... Yet still so far

Offline DrOctagonnapus

• that one guy
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2011, 10:36:24 PM »
Regardless of how much you think it may not work.. She is finally getting the help she needs to get in order to control those urges. GJ for getting her to listen!
(Guest) Karma Sondash: i will suck your cock Dr.Octagonapus

Rick :trollface:'d

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 09:42:05 AM »
Regardless of how much you think it may not work.. She is finally getting the help she needs to get in order to control those urges. GJ for getting her to listen!
Thats good i guess

Offline ·UηİŦ··

• eeeeeeeeeee
  • Windows UserApple UserOld Forum MemberLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Exit left.
  • Respect: +389
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2011, 09:49:32 AM »
Well then I guess... If it's not working in 3-4 weeks or so.

Wait like, 3-7 weeks, just to make it look less like you're trying to get rid of her/supporting her (I guess)

Also cause then your mom can't be all like "Well, give her some more time..."

Well, she could, but not really. Anyways if it dun werks bring attention to your mom that it's not working in a professional matter.

Not like "OH WTF SEE DIS BIETCH NAWT CHAENHGHFAWK U WAST MONY GGAAAAAWWWDDDD"

Like "Hey, I'm trying to be as supportive as I can, but I don't think this is working."

Or something.

Because wasting large sums of monies on some guy for something amazingly Impossible,

is not gud :\

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• Donator
    View More Badges!

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 09:52:55 AM »

Wait like, 3-7 weeks, just to make it look less like you're trying to get rid of her/supporting her (I guess)

Well, she could, but not really. Anyways if it dun werks bring attention to your mom that it's not working in a professional matter.

Like "Hey, I'm trying to be as supportive as I can, but I don't think this is working."

Or something.

Because wasting large sums of monies on some guy for something amazingly Impossible,

Seriously...i dont know what you said

Offline ·UηİŦ··

• eeeeeeeeeee
  • Windows UserApple UserOld Forum MemberLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Exit left.
  • Respect: +389
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2011, 12:30:38 PM »
Seriously...i dont know what you said

That's the point :p

How does EMMEGEWDGSADKDEHFAWKUDODISTOMEMADDAHFAWKDASDF WADDAWFKEKDNSHOMEGEHWD WAIUWESDAMONYONDEHUNCANTHELPDANEGSFG RRAAA-
help anyone  :idk:

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
  • Respect: +546
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »

Or something.

this is why i dont read any of your posts

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• Donator
    View More Badges!

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2011, 12:56:10 PM »
That's the point :p

How does EMMEGEWDGSADKDEHFAWKUDODISTOMEMADDAHFAWKDASDF WADDAWFKEKDNSHOMEGEHWD WAIUWESDAMONYONDEHUNCANTHELPDANEGSFG RRAAA-
help anyone  :idk:
:idk:

Offline Arcoyle

• Half man, half unknown entity.
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2011, 01:18:30 PM »
I have this same problem. I have tried literally everything with my sister, she is 15 going on 16 in august and she is still an attention starved little bitch. It really is an attention thing/ feelings of being not as loved as the sibling. Violence DOES NOT WORK, tried it. Excessive ridicule, doesn't work. I was a really horrible person to my sister and I regret that. In fact, I was so bad that shes almost hypnotised to immediately cry when i say certain things to her. I really fucked her up and I regret that, as it didnt solve anything and emotionally scarred her.

WHAT DOES WORK: Give her the attention and love her parent's dont. You being from a divorced family that may have caused issues that I don't quite understand as I have never been in that situation. But I think that if you are the one to give her the attention she needs she will eventually adjust in a couple years. It will be a slow process though. Good luck :)

Offline Pontus

• Respect: +40
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2011, 04:05:01 PM »
seems like your sister has sister syndrome disorder a really rare disorder only 3 % of the world have this.

this type of disorder cannot be easily cured it causes the the human body to respond physically to certain situations rather than thinking it through

might takes months before your sister realizes what she is doing is wrong.

i would get her some help maybe from a doctor that specializes in children rehabilitation.

or atleast give her some discipline show her that you are the boss and make her fear you.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 04:15:25 PM by Pontus »

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2011, 01:33:27 PM »
seems like your sister has sister syndrome disorder a really rare disorder only 3 % of the world have this.

this type of disorder cannot be easily cured it causes the the human body to respond physically to certain situations rather than thinking it through

might takes months before your sister realizes what she is doing is wrong.

i would get her some help maybe from a doctor that specializes in children rehabilitation.

or atleast give her some discipline show her that you are the boss and make her fear you.
\

Like I said, my mom hired somebody that better be a fucking wizard. Can we lox thread?
Miami's Finest