Author Topic: Change the TTT Karma System  (Read 397 times)

Offline Zeldadude

• Respect: +1
Change the TTT Karma System
« on: May 13, 2011, 03:07:44 PM »
Yes,I know you and your servers are quite strict on RDMing, but this whole "shoot someone once and lose 50 karma" thing is starting to get annoying, especially if traitors know how to plant evidence on innocents, which is part of the game.

This gets way out of hand when rdmers are on, which only further makes it hard to figure out if its another troll, or an actual traitor. I say keep the strict level down karma system, but make it more rewarding to kill traitors, for this will solve the "kill tratiors not innocents but if you kill innocents fuck you you have 200 karma" problem.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 03:10:22 PM by Zeldadude »

Offline Deelpeel

• Brodderlawnds is the best game evar
  • Respect: +24
Re: Change the TTT Karma System
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 03:20:31 PM »
its fine the way it is, it makes u think before u shoot if u want to keep ur karma

Offline Zeldadude

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 03:31:56 PM »
especially if traitors know how to plant evidence on innocents, which is part of the game.

This gets way out of hand when rdmers are on, which only further makes it hard to figure out if its another troll, or an actual traitor.

I'm not saying its dumb to think before you act, its just too punishing.

Offline Deelpeel

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 03:33:27 PM »
it isnt too punishing, it makes u think more and if u have a problem with that then go to a different server

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
  • Respect: +546
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 03:38:29 PM »
+4
it isnt too punishing, it makes u think more
And during your "time of thinking" you get killed by the T..splendid.

Offline Deelpeel

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 03:41:26 PM »
And during your "time of thinking" you get killed by the T..splendid.

what i ment is that u will be more catious of who you shoot,with the current karma system if u just shoot whoever u think is t, u will lose karma if u arent too careful.

Offline Zeldadude

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 03:43:59 PM »
it isnt too punishing, it makes u think more and if u have a problem with that then go to a different server

I'm not implying this server sucks.

I'm not saying were not thinking more.

You didn't even read what i said, you have to understand in world of trolls and morons (Gmod) you WILL shoot someone dumb and you WILL lose 500 karma for it, which is off the walls fucking dumb.

As I said, all im suggesting is make it more rewarding to kill traitors.

what i ment is that u will be more catious of who you shoot,with the current karma system if u just shoot whoever u think is t, u will lose karma if u arent too careful.

READ

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
  • Respect: +546
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 03:45:13 PM »
I see what you're saying, like for instance - I'm shooting a traitor, Detective runs in my line of fire, I lose 300 karma for it. Not reasonable.

Offline Deelpeel

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 03:45:53 PM »
ok first, im not implying that the server sucks, i love rnd and its a great server, second if u shoot a troll dont worry, just let them troll and they will be punished, it isnt too hard to get ur karma up so just deal with low karma and let the troll get his banz

Offline Zeldadude

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 03:47:15 PM »
ok first, im not implying that the server sucks, i love rnd and its a great server, second if u shoot a troll dont worry, just let them troll and they will be punished, it isnt too hard to get ur karma up so just deal with low karma and let the troll get his banz

You aren't quite getting my point.

What to TTT trolls do?

THEY RDM.

What to traitors do?

Get it?

Offline Deelpeel

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 03:49:19 PM »
yes and like a said they're trolls and they will get whats coming to them and if they are traitors then u know what to do, after they rdm when they first join they have about 200-300 karma left and then if u shoot them u wont lose as much karma and if they are a traitor then they normally are obvious
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 03:52:35 PM by Dill »

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 03:53:29 PM »
I see what you're saying, like for instance - I'm shooting a traitor, Detective runs in my line of fire, I lose 300 karma for it. Not reasonable.

I agree with this. The new karma system is one of the reasons I moved to ZS, and stopped played TTT.

inb4-youjustsuck

No. I have 1000/perfect karma. I just don't want to lose it over some random troll shooting everyone in the server.

Anyways, this isn't going to be passed. There's been hundreds of threads about this same thing, but Moo denies it every time.

It's wasted effort ;<

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Zeldadude

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 03:55:31 PM »

Anyways, this isn't going to be passed. There's been hundreds of threads about this same thing, but Moo denies it every time.

It's wasted effort ;<

If its such a big issue why isnt it being addressed?

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 04:04:22 PM »
Because it doesn't need to be addressed.

Personally, I haven't had karma lower than 900 in several weeks. I do this by holding fire until I am sure. Yes, even if I see someone get shot in the face right in front of me, I think (The first step, after all, is to call out this person. Shoot later). Use tab throughout the round. And sometimes, you can just tell how people will act by their names, or their demeanor. If Mr. "xXxl3G1t420xXx" has 500 karma, and shoots someone, you bet your ass I'd rather die than risk it. If I'm wrong about it, and he IS a traitor, then it is at no loss to me. But if he's innocent, then I rage and bitch and make threads like I used to.

Sometimes, letting the trolls and rdmers kill you is the best you can do. And while you're dead? Spectate. If they keep breaking the rules, record and report.

Offline Zeldadude

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 04:09:01 PM »
Although you're right, its still a little too compliacted for new players, but whatever.

Lock thread :'(