Author Topic: TTT Bug fix/Dev thread  (Read 527 times)

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
Re: TTT Bug fix/Dev thread
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2015, 08:33:29 AM »
I have a request concerning the weapon noises.  They are really loud.  In maps like Clue, I could be all the way across the map from someone, but the gunshots sound very close to me.  It's disorienting (to me, at least) because when you're walking around the middle of maps like that, or other maps, it's very hard to tell where something's happening.  I think the range you can hear the sound needs to be reduced a bit.

Default FA:S is actually way louder.

Sound volume is already reduced by 1/3'rd.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2015, 01:20:35 PM »
+3
Will be implementing a new glow/weapon identification method tonight, sometime after coolz comes online and is able to upload some materials to the server.

Modified this weapon and item highlighting workshop addon to work with our weapons.

Should be less intensive than the glow, and now you can also see the stats of a weapon before picking it up.

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2015, 02:32:44 PM »
Will be implementing a new glow/weapon identification method tonight, sometime after coolz comes online and is able to upload some materials to the server.

Modified this weapon and item highlighting workshop addon to work with our weapons.

Should be less intensive than the glow, and now you can also see the stats of a weapon before picking it up.

niiice

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2015, 01:40:54 AM »
Small update.

Added weapon highlighting from the above post as an alternative/additional method of weapon previewing.

New console variables are "ihl_enable" and "ihl_lod_max".

"ihl_enable" (0 or 1) enables or disables the weapon highlighting. Might be pretty intensive at high LOD's or on computers with really low VRAM.
"ihl_lod_max" controls the max range of the weapon highlighting. By default, this is 128. Weapons may appear as white for a moment before they load.

As always, you can either tweak them manually through the console, or through the F1 Menu under "Weapon Settings".

I also implemented a tweak to the karma system as discussed here.

If you don't want to read the entire thread, the general idea is that if you're innocent and another innocent shoots you, you can return fire and defend yourself with minimal karma loss. The grace window is 5 seconds, meaning if you do choose to defend yourself, you have to do it quick.

The grace window will extend if the attacker keeps attacking, but if they stop shooting, you might want to stop too. It's meant only as a safety net if you choose to defend yourself.

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2015, 11:31:28 AM »
Small update.

Added weapon highlighting from the above post as an alternative/additional method of weapon previewing.

New console variables are "ihl_enable" and "ihl_lod_max".

"ihl_enable" (0 or 1) enables or disables the weapon highlighting. Might be pretty intensive at high LOD's or on computers with really low VRAM.
"ihl_lod_max" controls the max range of the weapon highlighting. By default, this is 128. Weapons may appear as white for a moment before they load.

As always, you can either tweak them manually through the console, or through the F1 Menu under "Weapon Settings".

I also implemented a tweak to the karma system as discussed here.

If you don't want to read the entire thread, the general idea is that if you're innocent and another innocent shoots you, you can return fire and defend yourself with minimal karma loss. The grace window is 5 seconds, meaning if you do choose to defend yourself, you have to do it quick.

The grace window will extend if the attacker keeps attacking, but if they stop shooting, you might want to stop too. It's meant only as a safety net if you choose to defend yourself.

neat
Miami's Finest

Offline [Valor]iPounce

• My Waifu
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserLeague PlayerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Fun things are Fun
  • Respect: +312
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2015, 10:56:55 AM »
Everytime I press R on pump shotguns it shows the stats and its really annoying when you're trying to kill someone.

Better change the key for checking stats?

"ς๏๏lzєl๔ค๔": WE RACIST
"KHMarie12": Fapping
"KHMarie12": lolwat; coolzeldad: iPounce stop making me think that I'm being ddos'd
[10:28] LazerBlade1: give me the thing

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 11:33:59 AM »
Everytime I press R on pump shotguns it shows the stats and its really annoying when you're trying to kill someone.

Better change the key for checking stats?

It's not really as easy as "changing a key". It displays ammo and gun info anytime you reload.

You can change the HUD scaling to make the text smaller though, with the f1 menu.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:36:18 AM by Deathie »

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »
It's not really as easy as "changing a key". It displays ammo and gun info anytime you reload.

You can change the HUD scaling to make the text smaller though, with the f1 menu.

Offline [Valor]iPounce

• My Waifu
    View More Badges!

• Fun things are Fun
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2015, 10:40:12 PM »
M4, Pistol and Silence Pistol has the same ammo type right?

Silence pistol didn't share the ammo that I was using for M4

"KHMarie12": lolwat; coolzeldad: iPounce stop making me think that I'm being ddos'd

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2015, 10:52:00 PM »
I think the preparation timer for the first round after starting a new map needs to be significantly longer (at least 40 seconds) to allow people to download and join.

I would also like to mention the gun sounds again.  I understand that they are already reduced by 1/3, but the problem isn't necessarily the volume- it's the range that it can be heard from.  On most CS:S maps and other small maps, it's nearly impossible to figure out where guns are being shot from, which is pretty disorienting.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2015, 10:54:56 PM »
M4, Pistol and Silence Pistol has the same ammo type right?

Silence pistol didn't share the ammo that I was using for M4

Oh, that was something I changed a long time ago on my server.

The default silenced pistol is a 4-shot headshot to kill and had really bad spread/accuracy. It was totally useless.

Since nobody used it, I changed it so that it was a 1-hit headshot and had perfect accuracy. To compensate, I made it so you couldn't get any extra ammo for it.

If people prefer the default silenced pistol, I'll change it back. Frankly it was a horrible weapon to begin with though.

I think the preparation timer for the first round after starting a new map needs to be significantly longer (at least 40 seconds) to allow people to download and join.

I would also like to mention the gun sounds again.  I understand that they are already reduced by 1/3, but the problem isn't necessarily the volume- it's the range that it can be heard from.  On most CS:S maps and other small maps, it's nearly impossible to figure out where guns are being shot from, which is pretty disorienting.

I'll take a look at it and see if I can change it without needing to modify too much. FA:S2 has a lot of custom code, so it's not always as easy to tweak as it is with other Gmod weapons.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:41:56 AM by Deathie »

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2015, 11:50:00 PM »

extended to 60 seconds
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2015, 01:24:11 AM »
Forgot to mention this but the PP Bizon has a bug with its ammo. Every time you drop it, it gives a full magazine worth (64 bullets I think) in reserve until it's maxed. Basically unlimited ammo.

Offline [Valor]iPounce

• My Waifu
    View More Badges!

• Fun things are Fun
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2015, 11:55:26 AM »
The World model of Silenced pistol doesn't have the silencer on it