Author Topic: TTT Bug fix/Dev thread  (Read 526 times)

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
TTT Bug fix/Dev thread
« on: September 21, 2015, 12:26:11 PM »
+3
I figured I'd make a centralized post for any changes or updates I make.

Expect a weapon patch sometime tonight. I'll include a detailed list of the weapons base stats too, so you can get an idea of their fire rates, damage, etc.

Current bugs
- Weapons are unwieldy and hard to control [FIXED - Coolz's TTT runs at 66 tick while mine ran at 99 tick. Weapon recoil and spread is about 2/3'rds the normal speed. Rates have been adjusted.]
- Weapon stats sometimes don't load [FIXED - Old networked synchronization system for the stats were bad. Implemented new netcode that should  drastically improve server performance.]
- Last body to be killed sometimes despawns [FIXED - TTT dying shot function wasn't supported on the custom weapon base. Might re-add in the future.]
- Unable to drop weapons [FIXED - The points shop hotkey was overriding the default drop bind (+menu). Has been fixed by Coolz, use context menu (C) "impulse 201" (G) to use the pointshop now.]
- Loadout weapons spawn as spectator [FIXED - Loadout function now doesn't run if you're on the spectator team.]
- Unable to access traitor shop [FIXED - The points shop hotkey is now bound to "impulse 201" (G).]
- Spectators can break viewmodels by spamming alt-fire [FIXED - A weird bit of code in FA:S2's think function had it check for "+attack2" inputs and would spam viewmodels.]
- Weapon viewmodels still sometimes break! [UNKNOWN - It's hard to narrow down a problem when it happens almost at random and there's no errors associated to it. Until we can narrow down what exactly causes it, gg.]
- Weapon values get desync'd [FIXED - Weapons seem to be getting their values mixed up occasionally. I added a minor safety check on the weapons so they don't loop their RNG. Hopefully that fixes things.]
- F4 sometimes brings up attachment menu [FIXED - F4 now only brings up the stats screen to avoid confusion.]
- Red stat weapons did not spawn naturally [FIXED - Red attributes and weapons now spawn, albeit rarely.]
- Attachment lua error when switching weapons [FIXED -  Rapidly switching weapons shouldn't give you any more errors.]
- Attachments don't show until you switch weapons [DEBUGGED - When you spawn, if your weapon has an attachment, it may not show until you swap weapons. It happens because the attachment script runs when you switch weapons, and spawning with them bypasses it. I'll fix it once the server is back up.]
- 50 Cal T Sniper would glow while not equipped [FIXED -  Weapon glows are now disabled on 50 Cal Sniper.]
- Haste Mode not adding time to round [FIXED -  Fixed a bug that's persisted since June.]
- ttt_glacier would be full of errors and missing textures [FIXED -  You now download the addon instead of only the map.]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 12:07:22 AM by ホロ »

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

• Windows UserLinux UserCat LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +379
Re: TTT Bug fix/Dev thread
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 03:04:21 PM »
Hovering over weapons while spectating will cause script errors.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 03:34:21 PM »
Hovering over weapons while spectating will cause script errors.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WOOPS.

That's fixed. I was testing something with my own weapons and didn't realize I modified the TTT's weapons.

Let me just uh, close that session.

Edit// Can't access server for some weird reason. I'll fix it as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:37:24 PM by ホロ »

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 04:48:31 AM »
+1
Alright, updated all the weapons.

I might make a detailed post later, but the back end netcode makes way more sense now and is way more optimized. Each weapon only uses 6 bytes of data to network it's rarity values now and that info is only updated once when you either equip the gun, or look at it from within 500 hammer units (the distance needed to see the glow).

Before it was sending out about 1kb per second for each gun, meaning it was chugging out about 50-100kb's of extra bandwidth for each player, PER SECOND, trying to keep all the values synchronized.

Even then, it would sometimes desync and just give the client NO values and make them see guns that had no stats.

Now it's a handshake process. Your client asks for the rarity info, the server sends it back, then your client updates the weapon ONLY once it gets its info.

Basically, the rarity system is now practically invisible, resource-wise on the client and network, and is very accurate.

I also updated the spread cooldown and recoil on weapons to match 66 tick. Keep in mind that weapons are meant to handle like CSGO weapons, and have a high movement sensitivity. You won't land a headshot if you're running around at full speed trying to snipe someone from across the map with a deagle.

Feel free to suggest balance changes or other tweaks after you've had a chance to try them out. I can reduce the global cooldowns more if they still seem too high.

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 02:37:48 PM »
Pressing C now opens the points shop, and it cancels out the traitor/detective buy menu.  I propose putting the points shop to \ or something unused.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 04:17:14 PM »
How about B for buy?
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 04:29:58 PM »
Pressing C now opens the points shop, and it cancels out the traitor/detective buy menu.  I propose putting the points shop to \ or something unused.
How about B for buy?

gm_showteam and gm_showspare1 (F2 and F3) aren't used by anything.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 06:06:42 PM »
+1
Some glitches

1. When people spectate someone, a gun appears. So when constantly doing it, hands with guns will keep popping out.

2. I had a weird instance with the M4 where I kept reloading and I had 80 bullets in one clip.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 07:14:43 PM »
Some glitches

1. When people spectate someone, a gun appears. So when constantly doing it, hands with guns will keep popping out.

2. I had a weird instance with the M4 where I kept reloading and I had 80 bullets in one clip.

I think I just fixed the spectator bug.

I think that's an issue with the client and servers entity ID not synchronizing properly. I'll have to play around a bit to figure out what causes that kind of stuff.

Edit: Yeah, spectator bug is fixed. Updated OP. Can't do much more until Coolz gets online.

You can also use this thread as a suggestions thread if you think there's some balance issue with the weapons, or you want to see some other weapons/features added.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:28:11 PM by ホロ »

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 08:50:33 PM »
I think I just fixed the spectator bug.

I think that's an issue with the client and servers entity ID not synchronizing properly. I'll have to play around a bit to figure out what causes that kind of stuff.

Edit: Yeah, spectator bug is fixed. Updated OP. Can't do much more until Coolz gets online.

You can also use this thread as a suggestions thread if you think there's some balance issue with the weapons, or you want to see some other weapons/features added.

Nope. Starting happenin again.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 09:28:54 PM »
Nope. Starting happenin again.

RIP. If you could give me more info about exactly what you do to cause it, it'll help to debug it.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 11:10:23 PM »
No idea, just started happening again randomly.

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 11:54:55 PM »

Haha, I made that change when I was too braindead lol

B... B makes sense lol It's G for now, or you can bind "impulse 201" to a key... might have better options later

I wanted it accessible so people can buy upgrades easily, even in combat or something.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:41:48 AM by coolzeldad »
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 12:56:29 AM »
Haha, I made that change when I was too braindead lol

B... B makes sense lol

I wanted it accessible so people can buy upgrades easily, even in combat or something.

i still have B bound to "jpeg_quality 100; status; ttt_print_damagelog"

what is command pls

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 01:00:34 AM »
i still have B bound to "jpeg_quality 100; status; ttt_print_damagelog"

what is command pls

I think it's a input function.

It didn't override my binding. It just adds the points shop opening to it.