.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Suggestions => Topic started by: Deathie on September 21, 2015, 12:26:11 PM

Title: TTT Bug fix/Dev thread
Post by: Deathie on September 21, 2015, 12:26:11 PM
I figured I'd make a centralized post for any changes or updates I make.

Expect a weapon patch sometime tonight. I'll include a detailed list of the weapons base stats too, so you can get an idea of their fire rates, damage, etc.

Current bugs
- Weapons are unwieldy and hard to control [FIXED - Coolz's TTT runs at 66 tick while mine ran at 99 tick. Weapon recoil and spread is about 2/3'rds the normal speed. Rates have been adjusted.]
- Weapon stats sometimes don't load [FIXED - Old networked synchronization system for the stats were bad. Implemented new netcode that should  drastically improve server performance.]
- Last body to be killed sometimes despawns [FIXED - TTT dying shot function wasn't supported on the custom weapon base. Might re-add in the future.]
- Unable to drop weapons [FIXED - The points shop hotkey was overriding the default drop bind (+menu). Has been fixed by Coolz, use context menu (C) "impulse 201" (G) to use the pointshop now.]
- Loadout weapons spawn as spectator [FIXED - Loadout function now doesn't run if you're on the spectator team.]
- Unable to access traitor shop [FIXED - The points shop hotkey is now bound to "impulse 201" (G).]
- Spectators can break viewmodels by spamming alt-fire [FIXED - A weird bit of code in FA:S2's think function had it check for "+attack2" inputs and would spam viewmodels.]
- Weapon viewmodels still sometimes break! [UNKNOWN - It's hard to narrow down a problem when it happens almost at random and there's no errors associated to it. Until we can narrow down what exactly causes it, gg.]
- Weapon values get desync'd [FIXED - Weapons seem to be getting their values mixed up occasionally. I added a minor safety check on the weapons so they don't loop their RNG. Hopefully that fixes things.]
- F4 sometimes brings up attachment menu [FIXED - F4 now only brings up the stats screen to avoid confusion.]
- Red stat weapons did not spawn naturally [FIXED - Red attributes and weapons now spawn, albeit rarely.]
- Attachment lua error when switching weapons [FIXED -  Rapidly switching weapons shouldn't give you any more errors.]
- Attachments don't show until you switch weapons [DEBUGGED - When you spawn, if your weapon has an attachment, it may not show until you swap weapons. It happens because the attachment script runs when you switch weapons, and spawning with them bypasses it. I'll fix it once the server is back up.]
- 50 Cal T Sniper would glow while not equipped [FIXED -  Weapon glows are now disabled on 50 Cal Sniper.]
- Haste Mode not adding time to round [FIXED -  Fixed a bug that's persisted since June.]
- ttt_glacier would be full of errors and missing textures [FIXED -  You now download the addon instead of only the map.]
Title: Re: TTT Bug fix/Dev thread
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on September 21, 2015, 03:04:21 PM
Hovering over weapons while spectating will cause script errors.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Post by: Deathie on September 21, 2015, 03:34:21 PM
Hovering over weapons while spectating will cause script errors.

WOOPS.

That's fixed. I was testing something with my own weapons and didn't realize I modified the TTT's weapons.

Let me just uh, close that session.

Edit// Can't access server for some weird reason. I'll fix it as soon as I can.
Post by: Deathie on September 22, 2015, 04:48:31 AM
Alright, updated all the weapons.

I might make a detailed post later, but the back end netcode makes way more sense now and is way more optimized. Each weapon only uses 6 bytes of data to network it's rarity values now and that info is only updated once when you either equip the gun, or look at it from within 500 hammer units (the distance needed to see the glow).

Before it was sending out about 1kb per second for each gun, meaning it was chugging out about 50-100kb's of extra bandwidth for each player, PER SECOND, trying to keep all the values synchronized.

Even then, it would sometimes desync and just give the client NO values and make them see guns that had no stats.

Now it's a handshake process. Your client asks for the rarity info, the server sends it back, then your client updates the weapon ONLY once it gets its info.

Basically, the rarity system is now practically invisible, resource-wise on the client and network, and is very accurate.

I also updated the spread cooldown and recoil on weapons to match 66 tick. Keep in mind that weapons are meant to handle like CSGO weapons, and have a high movement sensitivity. You won't land a headshot if you're running around at full speed trying to snipe someone from across the map with a deagle.

Feel free to suggest balance changes or other tweaks after you've had a chance to try them out. I can reduce the global cooldowns more if they still seem too high.
Post by: Monorail Cat on September 22, 2015, 02:37:48 PM
Pressing C now opens the points shop, and it cancels out the traitor/detective buy menu.  I propose putting the points shop to \ or something unused.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 22, 2015, 04:17:14 PM
How about B for buy?
Post by: Deathie on September 22, 2015, 04:29:58 PM
Pressing C now opens the points shop, and it cancels out the traitor/detective buy menu.  I propose putting the points shop to \ or something unused.
How about B for buy?

gm_showteam and gm_showspare1 (F2 and F3) aren't used by anything.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 22, 2015, 06:06:42 PM
Some glitches

1. When people spectate someone, a gun appears. So when constantly doing it, hands with guns will keep popping out.

2. I had a weird instance with the M4 where I kept reloading and I had 80 bullets in one clip.
Post by: Deathie on September 22, 2015, 07:14:43 PM
Some glitches

1. When people spectate someone, a gun appears. So when constantly doing it, hands with guns will keep popping out.

2. I had a weird instance with the M4 where I kept reloading and I had 80 bullets in one clip.

I think I just fixed the spectator bug.

I think that's an issue with the client and servers entity ID not synchronizing properly. I'll have to play around a bit to figure out what causes that kind of stuff.

Edit: Yeah, spectator bug is fixed. Updated OP. Can't do much more until Coolz gets online.

You can also use this thread as a suggestions thread if you think there's some balance issue with the weapons, or you want to see some other weapons/features added.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 22, 2015, 08:50:33 PM
I think I just fixed the spectator bug.

I think that's an issue with the client and servers entity ID not synchronizing properly. I'll have to play around a bit to figure out what causes that kind of stuff.

Edit: Yeah, spectator bug is fixed. Updated OP. Can't do much more until Coolz gets online.

You can also use this thread as a suggestions thread if you think there's some balance issue with the weapons, or you want to see some other weapons/features added.

Nope. Starting happenin again.
Post by: Deathie on September 22, 2015, 09:28:54 PM
Nope. Starting happenin again.

RIP. If you could give me more info about exactly what you do to cause it, it'll help to debug it.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 22, 2015, 11:10:23 PM
No idea, just started happening again randomly.
Post by: coolzeldad on September 22, 2015, 11:54:55 PM

Haha, I made that change when I was too braindead lol

B... B makes sense lol It's G for now, or you can bind "impulse 201" to a key... might have better options later

I wanted it accessible so people can buy upgrades easily, even in combat or something.
Post by: ursus on September 23, 2015, 12:56:29 AM
Haha, I made that change when I was too braindead lol

B... B makes sense lol

I wanted it accessible so people can buy upgrades easily, even in combat or something.

i still have B bound to "jpeg_quality 100; status; ttt_print_damagelog"

what is command pls
Post by: Deathie on September 23, 2015, 01:00:34 AM
i still have B bound to "jpeg_quality 100; status; ttt_print_damagelog"

what is command pls

I think it's a input function.

It didn't override my binding. It just adds the points shop opening to it.
Post by: coolzeldad on September 23, 2015, 01:42:04 AM
Shop menu is G for now, or you can bind "impulse 201" to a key... might have better options later
Post by: Deathie on September 23, 2015, 11:37:14 AM
Apparently, reds weren't spawning naturally.

RNG calcs now take into account "0" values that were the red stats, and the weighting has been adjusted to suit.

You should start seeing Red attributes on guns, albeit pretty rarely.

I want to re-do the attachment system, any suggestions? People seem to not be fond of them being RNG controlled and not being able to remove/change them.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 23, 2015, 12:42:24 PM

RNG calcs now take into account "0" values that were the red stats, and the weighting has been adjusted to suit.

I want to re-do the attachment system, any suggestions? People seem to not be fond of them being RNG controlled and not being able to remove/change them.

"Apparently, reds weren't spawning naturally."
I knew it!

"I want to re-do the attachment system, any suggestions? People seem to not be fond of them being RNG controlled and not being able to remove/change them."
I kinda like the randomness, this is random after all.
Post by: ursus on September 23, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

attachment store for innocents pls

or yomocoin attachment shop even though i have no idea how those things work or how you get them

my vague ideas in order of how bad they are from worst to worst:

1. kill traitor > get point > go to point store > buy silencer/scope/some kind of weapon upgrade
2. be in top ~33% or so of scoring players > get all scopes unlocked for all weapons; be top scoring player > get silencers unlocked for all guns
3. kill traitor > get point > go to point store > buy guaranteed higher quality drop of your current weapon (maybe 1 tier per credit, so with 3 credits you could upgrade blue > purp > orange > red etc)

also let traitors buy more silenced weapons, I noticed that we're still using the default ttt swep with the usp skin
Post by: HideoKojima on September 23, 2015, 04:35:44 PM
The speed boost doesn't work. RIP coins.
Post by: blαh2355 on September 23, 2015, 05:33:08 PM
Keep the RNG but make it so that the attachments are detachable. Wish the models on the ground accurately represented the attachments the gun would have.

attachment store for innocents pls

or yomocoin attachment shop even though i have no idea how those things work or how you get them
This would be nice. Maybe even have the attachments go to a player's inventory that's saved on the server and you can attach/detach any compatible ones? Also if you use an attachment from your inventory/shop it's considered consumed at the end of the round?
Post by: Deathie on September 23, 2015, 06:08:03 PM
Keep the RNG but make it so that the attachments are detachable. Wish the models on the ground accurately represented the attachments the gun would have.
At some point I plan to go through and re-assign CSS models to more accurately represent the weapons. The pump shotgun for instance uses the XM1014 gun model.

This would be nice. Maybe even have the attachments go to a player's inventory that's saved on the server and you can attach/detach any compatible ones? Also if you use an attachment from your inventory/shop it's considered consumed at the end of the round?

That kind of stuff is also possible, I just don't have access to the points shop and can't really add any additional functionality to it.
Post by: [Valor]iPounce on September 25, 2015, 10:25:32 PM
Weapons glowing at the same time drops fps.
Post by: Deathie on September 25, 2015, 10:32:31 PM
Weapons glowing at the same time drops fps.

You can disable weapon glows in the F1 menu.
Post by: Monorail Cat on September 26, 2015, 10:37:42 PM
1) The mechanic where it's possible to shoot through walls is kinda irritating sometimes. For example, when there's a traitor in a traitor room, the innocents can fire away and maybe kill him.  There are other instances where it can be annoying, like when the traitor is trying to get away and closed a door to a hallway, but someone sprays through the door and gets him.  I suggest either strongly nerf the damage guns do through walls, or completely remove the mechanic.

2) The M24 sniper rifle (I think that's what it is) was very awful for me today.  I was standing still, and shot at someone's head, and it missed.  I made several more shots while standing completely still, and not a single one hit.  I don't know if it was a latency issue, but those were definitely shots that should have been hits.
Post by: ursus on September 26, 2015, 11:26:31 PM
2) The M24 sniper rifle (I think that's what it is) was very awful for me today.  I was standing still, and shot at someone's head, and it missed.  I made several more shots while standing completely still, and not a single one hit.  I don't know if it was a latency issue, but those were definitely shots that should have been hits.

i think this is just ping + tickrate + old hitboxes combined

also:

1) The mechanic where it's possible to shoot through walls is kinda irritating sometimes. For example, when there's a traitor in a traitor room, the innocents can fire away and maybe kill him.  There are other instances where it can be annoying, like when the traitor is trying to get away and closed a door to a hallway, but someone sprays through the door and gets him.  I suggest either strongly nerf the damage guns do through walls, or completely remove the mechanic.

when there's a traitor in a traitor room, the traitor can also shoot through one-sided windows and actually be able to aim while innocents just see bullets flying out of the wall

it goes both ways, if someone can shoot you through a wall you can also shoot them back; considering that traitor rooms are the only places in ttt maps with one-sided windows the mechanic is inherently biased in favor of traitors

you dont see people posting in csgo forums like "yeah bullet penetration is really OP i closed a door behind me and they were still able to shoot me through the door which is kind of stupid"

so, it sounds to me like you lost a traitor round because you got shot through walls and you don't want to admit that you could have done better so it's the game's fault

that being said i actually think that penetrating bullets do too much damage after having been killed through a wall in 2 hits with an m21 (the weakest of the snipers) but it seems like you're just a little tiny bit mad
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on September 27, 2015, 01:30:43 AM

also:

when there's a traitor in a traitor room, the traitor can also shoot through one-sided windows and actually be able to aim while innocents just see bullets flying out of the wall

it goes both ways, if someone can shoot you through a wall you can also shoot them back; considering that traitor rooms are the only places in ttt maps with one-sided windows the mechanic is inherently biased in favor of traitors

you dont see people posting in csgo forums like "yeah bullet penetration is really OP i closed a door behind me and they were still able to shoot me through the door which is kind of stupid"

so, it sounds to me like you lost a traitor round because you got shot through walls and you don't want to admit that you could have done better so it's the game's fault

that being said i actually think that penetrating bullets do too much damage after having been killed through a wall in 2 hits with an m21 (the weakest of the snipers) but it seems like you're just a little tiny bit mad

One way windows are extremely op though, T can see innos while innos cant see shit and have to pray, it's stupid.
Post by: ursus on September 27, 2015, 01:54:07 AM
One way windows are extremely op though, T can see innos while innos cant see shit and have to pray, it's stupid.

'
i literlaly juist,. said that

you shitter
Post by: Monorail Cat on September 27, 2015, 02:09:16 AM

I had a pretty low ping, and like I said, we were both still, so it definitely should have hit (assuming the sniper rifles have high accuracy when stationary)

As I said, there are other instances where this is a problem.  On crummycradle tonight, there was a rather large problem with the one-way glass window room, because whoever is in there could easily shoot anyone he saw.  Now yes, the innos can see the tracers and shoot back, but it's very difficult.  The person could strafe unpredictably, so each time the inno shoots back, the person is already moved away.  Think of it like strafing and spraying through smoke in CS:GO.  If you could see through the smoke but the others couldn't, it would be an ENORMOUS advantage for you, because there's no way they can predict where you'll be just by seeing a tracer.  Another case is that if the person in the 1-way glass room had a high-damage sniper rifle, he wouldn't be constantly shooting; he could move, shoot, move, shoot, etc. until the person outside was dead.  There's no way for the person outside to guess where he is. 

I stand firmly by my request that the penetration damage on all guns is either SIGNIFICANTLY nerfed, or better yet, completely removed. 
Post by: Cable on September 27, 2015, 05:13:12 AM
I had a pretty low ping, and like I said, we were both still, so it definitely should have hit (assuming the sniper rifles have high accuracy when stationary)

As I said, there are other instances where this is a problem.  On crummycradle tonight, there was a rather large problem with the one-way glass window room, because whoever is in there could easily shoot anyone he saw.  Now yes, the innos can see the tracers and shoot back, but it's very difficult.  The person could strafe unpredictably, so each time the inno shoots back, the person is already moved away.  Think of it like strafing and spraying through smoke in CS:GO.  If you could see through the smoke but the others couldn't, it would be an ENORMOUS advantage for you, because there's no way they can predict where you'll be just by seeing a tracer.  Another case is that if the person in the 1-way glass room had a high-damage sniper rifle, he wouldn't be constantly shooting; he could move, shoot, move, shoot, etc. until the person outside was dead.  There's no way for the person outside to guess where he is. 

I stand firmly by my request that the penetration damage on all guns is either SIGNIFICANTLY nerfed, or better yet, completely removed.
I like the penetration and don't think it should be changed only because a few maps have one-way windows. If a traitor is shooting you through one, i'd recommend avoiding the area entirely.

Also I'd like to mention that if there was an aimbotter on the server, we have no first person spectate option available. Without that, it's tough to really be sure someone is using aim assistance unless they're blatantly doing 180 snap headshots or w/e.
Post by: Deathie on September 27, 2015, 05:21:02 AM
Also I'd like to mention that if there was an aimbotter on the server, we have no first person spectate option available. Without that, it's tough to really be sure someone is using aim assistance unless they're blatantly doing 180 snap headshots or w/e.

IIRC, TTT has first person spectate. I think it's your crouch key while following a target.

Edit: Or try your use key on a player like you normally would on a prop. Some stuff in the code looks like that's what it does.

If neither of those work, give me a bind you want to use for first person spectator and I'll try to add it in.
Post by: Cable on September 27, 2015, 05:26:18 AM
IIRC, TTT has first person spectate. I think it's your crouch key while following a target.

Edit: Or try your use key on a player like you normally would on a prop. Some stuff in the code looks like that's what it does.
I thought it was disabled
Post by: Deathie on September 27, 2015, 05:29:56 AM
I thought it was disabled

Idk, I remember people on my server using it to report people but I never figured out how it worked.

There's stuff in the code for OBS_MODE_IN_EYE that isn't triggered when you die, and those were the bindings for them.

Post by: blαh2355 on September 27, 2015, 01:13:56 PM
Jihad causes ragdolls to fly really bad as in make a lot of physic collisions. Crashes the server.
Post by: Deathie on September 27, 2015, 01:24:54 PM
Jihad causes ragdolls to fly really bad as in make a lot of physic collisions. Crashes the server.

I'm going to implement a script to control the ragdoll velocities and see if that helps at all.

Edit: Okay, small intermission where I broke everything aside, the script should be up and running now.

Let's see if the server crashes as frequently now.
Post by: TehHank on September 28, 2015, 01:40:18 AM
I'm going to implement a script to control the ragdoll velocities and see if that helps at all.

Edit: Okay, small intermission where I broke everything aside, the script should be up and running now.

Let's see if the server crashes as frequently now.
you still gonna remove the Kriegs Jihad bomb?
Post by: Monorail Cat on September 28, 2015, 02:30:08 AM
you still gonna remove the Kriegs Jihad bomb?

Please don't remove the jihad! It's such a fun weapon to use, and it's honestly not that overpowered.  It's very rare to have an entire team of inno's killed by one, and it's definitely hilarious.  I've not heard anyone whine about being killed by one.
Post by: TehHank on September 28, 2015, 08:55:09 AM
Please don't remove the jihad! It's such a fun weapon to use, and it's honestly not that overpowered.  It's very rare to have an entire team of inno's killed by one, and it's definitely hilarious.  I've not heard anyone whine about being killed by one.
No. Im talking about the KRIEGS Variant. It is currently bugged where Deathie didn't give Coolz the sounds for it for the server so most people can not even hear it being used.
Post by: Deathie on September 28, 2015, 02:34:18 PM
No. Im talking about the KRIEGS Variant. It is currently bugged where Deathie didn't give Coolz the sounds for it for the server so most people can not even hear it being used.

Yeah, I removed it.

I also fixed the haste mode bug.
Post by: Deathie on October 01, 2015, 12:06:10 AM
Hopefully™ fixed an issue where a large amount of models and errors on ttt_glacier would show up due to the server only requiring you have the map downloaded, and not the addon itself.
Post by: blαh2355 on October 02, 2015, 11:21:42 AM
Some people can't hear the C4 beeps including myself.
Post by: Deathie on October 02, 2015, 11:24:58 AM
Some people can't hear the C4 beeps including myself.

It's clientside. Do you have CSS mounted in gmod?
Post by: blαh2355 on October 02, 2015, 12:11:04 PM
It's clientside. Do you have CSS mounted in gmod?
I manually put CSS content in.
Post by: Deathie on October 04, 2015, 12:25:53 AM
Added "cl_weaponglow_intensity" and "cl_weaponglow_range" console commands.

cl_weaponglow_intensity controls how bright the glow around the weapons are. By default, it's set to 1 with a max of 5.
cl_weaponglow_range controls the distance the weapons glow. By default, it's set to a radius of 32 units with a max of 256.

You can either tweak them manually, or through the F1 help menu under the "Gun Settings" section.
If you enter the variables manually you can push it above the max, but I'd advise against that.

Weapon glows on weapons another player are now invisible, unless you get really up in their face.
Post by: Monorail Cat on October 04, 2015, 02:54:52 AM
I have a request concerning the weapon noises.  They are really loud.  In maps like Clue, I could be all the way across the map from someone, but the gunshots sound very close to me.  It's disorienting (to me, at least) because when you're walking around the middle of maps like that, or other maps, it's very hard to tell where something's happening.  I think the range you can hear the sound needs to be reduced a bit.
Post by: Deathie on October 04, 2015, 08:33:29 AM
I have a request concerning the weapon noises.  They are really loud.  In maps like Clue, I could be all the way across the map from someone, but the gunshots sound very close to me.  It's disorienting (to me, at least) because when you're walking around the middle of maps like that, or other maps, it's very hard to tell where something's happening.  I think the range you can hear the sound needs to be reduced a bit.

Default FA:S is actually way louder.

Sound volume is already reduced by 1/3'rd.
Post by: Deathie on October 04, 2015, 01:20:35 PM
Will be implementing a new glow/weapon identification method tonight, sometime after coolz comes online and is able to upload some materials to the server.

Modified this (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=525131036) weapon and item highlighting workshop addon to work with our weapons.

Should be less intensive than the glow, and now you can also see the stats of a weapon before picking it up.

(http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/397798135990653863/AAF3B14FB1E88D1555267E6300087ABBCAB87BD6/)
Post by: Cable on October 04, 2015, 02:32:44 PM
Will be implementing a new glow/weapon identification method tonight, sometime after coolz comes online and is able to upload some materials to the server.

Modified this (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=525131036) weapon and item highlighting workshop addon to work with our weapons.

Should be less intensive than the glow, and now you can also see the stats of a weapon before picking it up.

(http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/397798135990653863/AAF3B14FB1E88D1555267E6300087ABBCAB87BD6/)
niiice
Post by: Deathie on October 05, 2015, 01:40:54 AM
Small update.

Added weapon highlighting from the above post as an alternative/additional method of weapon previewing.

New console variables are "ihl_enable" and "ihl_lod_max".

"ihl_enable" (0 or 1) enables or disables the weapon highlighting. Might be pretty intensive at high LOD's or on computers with really low VRAM.
"ihl_lod_max" controls the max range of the weapon highlighting. By default, this is 128. Weapons may appear as white for a moment before they load.

As always, you can either tweak them manually through the console, or through the F1 Menu under "Weapon Settings".

I also implemented a tweak to the karma system as discussed here (https://forum.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=18171.msg229279;topicseen#msg229279).

If you don't want to read the entire thread, the general idea is that if you're innocent and another innocent shoots you, you can return fire and defend yourself with minimal karma loss. The grace window is 5 seconds, meaning if you do choose to defend yourself, you have to do it quick.

The grace window will extend if the attacker keeps attacking, but if they stop shooting, you might want to stop too. It's meant only as a safety net if you choose to defend yourself.
Post by: Seb on October 05, 2015, 11:31:28 AM
Small update.

Added weapon highlighting from the above post as an alternative/additional method of weapon previewing.

New console variables are "ihl_enable" and "ihl_lod_max".

"ihl_enable" (0 or 1) enables or disables the weapon highlighting. Might be pretty intensive at high LOD's or on computers with really low VRAM.
"ihl_lod_max" controls the max range of the weapon highlighting. By default, this is 128. Weapons may appear as white for a moment before they load.

As always, you can either tweak them manually through the console, or through the F1 Menu under "Weapon Settings".

I also implemented a tweak to the karma system as discussed here (https://forum.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=18171.msg229279;topicseen#msg229279).

If you don't want to read the entire thread, the general idea is that if you're innocent and another innocent shoots you, you can return fire and defend yourself with minimal karma loss. The grace window is 5 seconds, meaning if you do choose to defend yourself, you have to do it quick.

The grace window will extend if the attacker keeps attacking, but if they stop shooting, you might want to stop too. It's meant only as a safety net if you choose to defend yourself.

neat
Post by: [Valor]iPounce on October 06, 2015, 10:56:55 AM
Everytime I press R on pump shotguns it shows the stats and its really annoying when you're trying to kill someone.

Better change the key for checking stats?
Post by: Deathie on October 06, 2015, 11:33:59 AM
Everytime I press R on pump shotguns it shows the stats and its really annoying when you're trying to kill someone.

Better change the key for checking stats?

It's not really as easy as "changing a key". It displays ammo and gun info anytime you reload.

You can change the HUD scaling to make the text smaller though, with the f1 menu.

Post by: ursus on October 06, 2015, 02:47:30 PM
It's not really as easy as "changing a key". It displays ammo and gun info anytime you reload.

You can change the HUD scaling to make the text smaller though, with the f1 menu.

Post by: [Valor]iPounce on October 07, 2015, 10:40:12 PM
M4, Pistol and Silence Pistol has the same ammo type right?

Silence pistol didn't share the ammo that I was using for M4
Post by: Monorail Cat on October 07, 2015, 10:52:00 PM
I think the preparation timer for the first round after starting a new map needs to be significantly longer (at least 40 seconds) to allow people to download and join.

I would also like to mention the gun sounds again.  I understand that they are already reduced by 1/3, but the problem isn't necessarily the volume- it's the range that it can be heard from.  On most CS:S maps and other small maps, it's nearly impossible to figure out where guns are being shot from, which is pretty disorienting.
Post by: Deathie on October 07, 2015, 10:54:56 PM
M4, Pistol and Silence Pistol has the same ammo type right?

Silence pistol didn't share the ammo that I was using for M4

Oh, that was something I changed a long time ago on my server.

The default silenced pistol is a 4-shot headshot to kill and had really bad spread/accuracy. It was totally useless.

Since nobody used it, I changed it so that it was a 1-hit headshot and had perfect accuracy. To compensate, I made it so you couldn't get any extra ammo for it.

If people prefer the default silenced pistol, I'll change it back. Frankly it was a horrible weapon to begin with though.

I think the preparation timer for the first round after starting a new map needs to be significantly longer (at least 40 seconds) to allow people to download and join.

I would also like to mention the gun sounds again.  I understand that they are already reduced by 1/3, but the problem isn't necessarily the volume- it's the range that it can be heard from.  On most CS:S maps and other small maps, it's nearly impossible to figure out where guns are being shot from, which is pretty disorienting.

I'll take a look at it and see if I can change it without needing to modify too much. FA:S2 has a lot of custom code, so it's not always as easy to tweak as it is with other Gmod weapons.
Post by: coolzeldad on October 07, 2015, 11:50:00 PM

extended to 60 seconds
Post by: blαh2355 on October 08, 2015, 01:24:11 AM
Forgot to mention this but the PP Bizon has a bug with its ammo. Every time you drop it, it gives a full magazine worth (64 bullets I think) in reserve until it's maxed. Basically unlimited ammo.
Post by: [Valor]iPounce on October 14, 2015, 11:55:26 AM
The World model of Silenced pistol doesn't have the silencer on it

(http://puu.sh/kKfJs/4d1920eb40.jpg)