Author Topic: TTT Bug fix/Dev thread  (Read 526 times)

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
Re: TTT Bug fix/Dev thread
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 01:42:04 AM »
Shop menu is G for now, or you can bind "impulse 201" to a key... might have better options later
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 11:37:14 AM »
Apparently, reds weren't spawning naturally.

RNG calcs now take into account "0" values that were the red stats, and the weighting has been adjusted to suit.

You should start seeing Red attributes on guns, albeit pretty rarely.

I want to re-do the attachment system, any suggestions? People seem to not be fond of them being RNG controlled and not being able to remove/change them.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 12:42:24 PM »

RNG calcs now take into account "0" values that were the red stats, and the weighting has been adjusted to suit.

I want to re-do the attachment system, any suggestions? People seem to not be fond of them being RNG controlled and not being able to remove/change them.

"Apparently, reds weren't spawning naturally."
I knew it!

"I want to re-do the attachment system, any suggestions? People seem to not be fond of them being RNG controlled and not being able to remove/change them."
I kinda like the randomness, this is random after all.
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 01:58:22 PM »

attachment store for innocents pls

or yomocoin attachment shop even though i have no idea how those things work or how you get them

my vague ideas in order of how bad they are from worst to worst:

1. kill traitor > get point > go to point store > buy silencer/scope/some kind of weapon upgrade
2. be in top ~33% or so of scoring players > get all scopes unlocked for all weapons; be top scoring player > get silencers unlocked for all guns
3. kill traitor > get point > go to point store > buy guaranteed higher quality drop of your current weapon (maybe 1 tier per credit, so with 3 credits you could upgrade blue > purp > orange > red etc)

also let traitors buy more silenced weapons, I noticed that we're still using the default ttt swep with the usp skin

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 04:35:44 PM »
The speed boost doesn't work. RIP coins.
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 05:33:08 PM »
Keep the RNG but make it so that the attachments are detachable. Wish the models on the ground accurately represented the attachments the gun would have.

attachment store for innocents pls

or yomocoin attachment shop even though i have no idea how those things work or how you get them
This would be nice. Maybe even have the attachments go to a player's inventory that's saved on the server and you can attach/detach any compatible ones? Also if you use an attachment from your inventory/shop it's considered consumed at the end of the round?

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 06:08:03 PM »
Keep the RNG but make it so that the attachments are detachable. Wish the models on the ground accurately represented the attachments the gun would have.
At some point I plan to go through and re-assign CSS models to more accurately represent the weapons. The pump shotgun for instance uses the XM1014 gun model.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This would be nice. Maybe even have the attachments go to a player's inventory that's saved on the server and you can attach/detach any compatible ones? Also if you use an attachment from your inventory/shop it's considered consumed at the end of the round?

That kind of stuff is also possible, I just don't have access to the points shop and can't really add any additional functionality to it.

Offline [Valor]iPounce

• My Waifu
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserLeague PlayerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Fun things are Fun
  • Respect: +312
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 10:25:32 PM »
Weapons glowing at the same time drops fps.

"ς๏๏lzєl๔ค๔": WE RACIST
"KHMarie12": Fapping
"KHMarie12": lolwat; coolzeldad: iPounce stop making me think that I'm being ddos'd
[10:28] LazerBlade1: give me the thing

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 10:32:31 PM »
Weapons glowing at the same time drops fps.

You can disable weapon glows in the F1 menu.

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2015, 10:37:42 PM »
1) The mechanic where it's possible to shoot through walls is kinda irritating sometimes. For example, when there's a traitor in a traitor room, the innocents can fire away and maybe kill him.  There are other instances where it can be annoying, like when the traitor is trying to get away and closed a door to a hallway, but someone sprays through the door and gets him.  I suggest either strongly nerf the damage guns do through walls, or completely remove the mechanic.

2) The M24 sniper rifle (I think that's what it is) was very awful for me today.  I was standing still, and shot at someone's head, and it missed.  I made several more shots while standing completely still, and not a single one hit.  I don't know if it was a latency issue, but those were definitely shots that should have been hits.

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 11:26:31 PM »
2) The M24 sniper rifle (I think that's what it is) was very awful for me today.  I was standing still, and shot at someone's head, and it missed.  I made several more shots while standing completely still, and not a single one hit.  I don't know if it was a latency issue, but those were definitely shots that should have been hits.

i think this is just ping + tickrate + old hitboxes combined

also:

1) The mechanic where it's possible to shoot through walls is kinda irritating sometimes. For example, when there's a traitor in a traitor room, the innocents can fire away and maybe kill him.  There are other instances where it can be annoying, like when the traitor is trying to get away and closed a door to a hallway, but someone sprays through the door and gets him.  I suggest either strongly nerf the damage guns do through walls, or completely remove the mechanic.

when there's a traitor in a traitor room, the traitor can also shoot through one-sided windows and actually be able to aim while innocents just see bullets flying out of the wall

it goes both ways, if someone can shoot you through a wall you can also shoot them back; considering that traitor rooms are the only places in ttt maps with one-sided windows the mechanic is inherently biased in favor of traitors

you dont see people posting in csgo forums like "yeah bullet penetration is really OP i closed a door behind me and they were still able to shoot me through the door which is kind of stupid"

so, it sounds to me like you lost a traitor round because you got shot through walls and you don't want to admit that you could have done better so it's the game's fault

that being said i actually think that penetrating bullets do too much damage after having been killed through a wall in 2 hits with an m21 (the weakest of the snipers) but it seems like you're just a little tiny bit mad
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 11:51:39 PM by ursus »

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

• Windows UserLinux UserCat LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +379
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2015, 01:30:43 AM »

also:

when there's a traitor in a traitor room, the traitor can also shoot through one-sided windows and actually be able to aim while innocents just see bullets flying out of the wall

it goes both ways, if someone can shoot you through a wall you can also shoot them back; considering that traitor rooms are the only places in ttt maps with one-sided windows the mechanic is inherently biased in favor of traitors

you dont see people posting in csgo forums like "yeah bullet penetration is really OP i closed a door behind me and they were still able to shoot me through the door which is kind of stupid"

so, it sounds to me like you lost a traitor round because you got shot through walls and you don't want to admit that you could have done better so it's the game's fault

that being said i actually think that penetrating bullets do too much damage after having been killed through a wall in 2 hits with an m21 (the weakest of the snipers) but it seems like you're just a little tiny bit mad

One way windows are extremely op though, T can see innos while innos cant see shit and have to pray, it's stupid.

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2015, 01:54:07 AM »
One way windows are extremely op though, T can see innos while innos cant see shit and have to pray, it's stupid.

'
i literlaly juist,. said that

you shitter

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2015, 02:09:16 AM »

I had a pretty low ping, and like I said, we were both still, so it definitely should have hit (assuming the sniper rifles have high accuracy when stationary)

As I said, there are other instances where this is a problem.  On crummycradle tonight, there was a rather large problem with the one-way glass window room, because whoever is in there could easily shoot anyone he saw.  Now yes, the innos can see the tracers and shoot back, but it's very difficult.  The person could strafe unpredictably, so each time the inno shoots back, the person is already moved away.  Think of it like strafing and spraying through smoke in CS:GO.  If you could see through the smoke but the others couldn't, it would be an ENORMOUS advantage for you, because there's no way they can predict where you'll be just by seeing a tracer.  Another case is that if the person in the 1-way glass room had a high-damage sniper rifle, he wouldn't be constantly shooting; he could move, shoot, move, shoot, etc. until the person outside was dead.  There's no way for the person outside to guess where he is. 

I stand firmly by my request that the penetration damage on all guns is either SIGNIFICANTLY nerfed, or better yet, completely removed. 

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2015, 05:13:12 AM »
I had a pretty low ping, and like I said, we were both still, so it definitely should have hit (assuming the sniper rifles have high accuracy when stationary)

As I said, there are other instances where this is a problem.  On crummycradle tonight, there was a rather large problem with the one-way glass window room, because whoever is in there could easily shoot anyone he saw.  Now yes, the innos can see the tracers and shoot back, but it's very difficult.  The person could strafe unpredictably, so each time the inno shoots back, the person is already moved away.  Think of it like strafing and spraying through smoke in CS:GO.  If you could see through the smoke but the others couldn't, it would be an ENORMOUS advantage for you, because there's no way they can predict where you'll be just by seeing a tracer.  Another case is that if the person in the 1-way glass room had a high-damage sniper rifle, he wouldn't be constantly shooting; he could move, shoot, move, shoot, etc. until the person outside was dead.  There's no way for the person outside to guess where he is. 

I stand firmly by my request that the penetration damage on all guns is either SIGNIFICANTLY nerfed, or better yet, completely removed.
I like the penetration and don't think it should be changed only because a few maps have one-way windows. If a traitor is shooting you through one, i'd recommend avoiding the area entirely.

Also I'd like to mention that if there was an aimbotter on the server, we have no first person spectate option available. Without that, it's tough to really be sure someone is using aim assistance unless they're blatantly doing 180 snap headshots or w/e.