17 (39.5%)
No
10 (23.3%)
Not sure
4 (9.3%)
I don't care
12 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Bringing back Annonyboard  (Read 632 times)

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
Re: Bringing back Annonyboard
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 05:04:21 PM »
+1
Honestly, I never really minded the anon boards all that much, I mean yeah it could be irritating not being able to really "defend yourself" over shit, but I actually liked being able to hear what people thought about me, or other people, even if it wasn't always very positive. It made me think over things that I did that might have come off as annoying, making me reconsider how I went about things so I didn't come off a certain way to others. Though I understand not everyone is as tolerant (nor do they have to be) of trash talk or hard words.

I don't honestly think Anon would be as interesting without there being people who will occasionally be negative, I mean lets be real here, the ab was basically empty until people came in and started talking shit. The only problem was that others can't deal with people talking bad about them.

Now do I think people should have to deal or tolerate those types of things, no, which is why I think if we were to put the ab back up, we should put up a general warning that you are viewing the board at your own risk, and that it could contain hurtful or otherwise offensive things that you choose to take to heart or not. The board is not very public and quite frankly very easy to avoid. A lot of members before when shit was happening didn't even know where or what the ab was. The only people it's hurting are people who choose to view it. I do think there should be a general rule like "No posting personal or otherwise confidential information about other members without their permission." Ex. Nudes, phone numbers, addresses, maybe names.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:05:55 PM by ○ Marie ○ »
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 05:53:39 PM »
+2
Ex. Nudes, phone numbers, addresses, maybe names.

Nudes,

Nudes,

Nudes,

Nudes,

Because I've always wanted to see nudes of Tiger Guy and Sabb.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 06:07:22 PM »
+1
Because I've always wanted to see nudes of Tiger Guy and Sabb.
You have to pay for that. I'm not cheap.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Bomb Squad

• Windows UserApple UserDog LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Winner of Worst VIP of 2013
  • Respect: +110
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 08:14:41 PM »
Ex. Nudes
Who the fuck would send nudes to someone on RND?
Are you bringing up this example because it's happened before? o.o

The best way to deal with your problems is to plant a C4 in close proximity to it.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 09:25:32 PM »
Who the fuck would send nudes to someone on RND?
Are you bringing up this example because it's happened before? o.o
I am bringing up this example because it is an example of something personal, nudes can extend to intentionally done, to unintentionally done, or black mail. No matter the majority of the gender in a certain community, it should always be aware that exploiting someone because you have personal photos of them is not tolerated here, male or female.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 10:00:41 PM »
Mister Frank old faggot and former extreme arguer reportin' in.

I see /ab/ as a means of expression with no consequence at all. So why is it good? Because of just hat. Leaving aside all the trash talk about and from the community, there are some, maybe many, things that people just don't want to say in public. Maybe it's temporal, or maybe it's forever. It doesn't have to be something personal, maybe it's just a really really really odd taste, or it's something you'd rather discuss in the ab and not have to follow or see everywhere. I do agree that it can bring bad shit up, which is why I would like to quote Marie on this one:

[...]
Now do I think people should have to deal or tolerate those types of things, no, which is why I think if we were to put the ab back up, we should put up a general warning that you are viewing the board at your own risk, and that it could contain hurtful or otherwise offensive things that you choose to take to heart or not. The board is not very public and quite frankly very easy to avoid. A lot of members before when shit was happening didn't even know where or what the ab was. [...]

I also think a report function should be added. It would serve the purpose of cleaning extremely awful stuff, such as really shitty trash talk, illegal content, or disgusting, worthless content. Maybe after a certain amount of reports (limited in time and in quantity per post(er)), the post would get instantly removed.

Just my 50 cents from the bottom of my heart (ass).

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 02:09:40 AM »
+6
Alright, I must say this has been really interesting to me.

I have played both sides of the argument in order to try and see what people really think.

I started on version 2 yesterday without being set on whether or not I would release it based on what the community thought.

I know there is a pretty even sided debate going on. However, for those that are in disagreement with bringing up the board I would request that you give the idea another try as I have implemented many things that will put some cons to rest.

Some cons are inevitable however I think that this will be a much better platform than the first.

rNd AnonyBoard is a forum where you can speak freely and I highly respect that notion. It is true that there is limited accountability for your actions, however we now have systems in place that will let you guys decide the bad content from the good.

Without futhur delay I present rNd AnonyBoard v2 http://ab.randomgs.com/?i=1&t=1378366187

To login just click the login link found on your forum profile options ( http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile ).

Have fun and enjoy gaiz :)
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 03:39:51 AM »
+2
Alright, I must say this has been really interesting to me.

I have played both sides of the argument in order to try and see what people really think.

I started on version 2 yesterday without being set on whether or not I would release it based on what the community thought.

I know there is a pretty even sided debate going on. However, for those that are in disagreement with bringing up the board I would request that you give the idea another try as I have implemented many things that will put some cons to rest.

Some cons are inevitable however I think that this will be a much better platform than the first.

rNd AnonyBoard is a forum where you can speak freely and I highly respect that notion. It is true that there is limited accountability for your actions, however we now have systems in place that will let you guys decide the bad content from the good.

Without futhur delay I present rNd AnonyBoard v2 http://ab.randomgs.com/?i=1&t=1378366187

To login just click the login link found on your forum profile options ( http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile ).

Have fun and enjoy gaiz :)
the biggest victory

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 04:48:25 AM »
Tbh I didn't expect to have that many changes so soon if it were to be re-added. I'm actually pretty okay with that.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 12:31:36 PM »
+1
I am bringing up this example because it is an example of something personal, nudes can extend to intentionally done, to unintentionally done, or black mail. No matter the majority of the gender in a certain community, it should always be aware that exploiting someone because you have personal photos of them is not tolerated here, male or female.
Uuuuuh, so our own members have nudes of eachother?

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 12:37:03 PM »
Well that escalated quickly,this has been only up for like,acouple of days,gg prox

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 12:39:55 PM »
Well that escalated quickly,this has been only up for like,acouple of days,gg prox
It actually hasn't like at all lol. People are going to talk like idiots and add 'tard' on whatever subject they don't like to be snobby. Welcome to ab, I wouldn't expect anything actually annoying to come up until a bit though.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 12:58:09 PM »
Uuuuuh, so our own members have nudes of eachother?
Hideo and Supertoaster have some pretty horrifying things.

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 01:06:36 PM »
It actually hasn't like at all lol. People are going to talk like idiots and add 'tard' on whatever subject they don't like to be snobby. Welcome to ab, I wouldn't expect anything actually annoying to come up until a bit though.
I mean about Coolz suddenly adding ab back

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 01:20:06 PM »
+1
I mean about Coolz suddenly adding ab back
Ah scratch that then.