17 (39.5%)
No
10 (23.3%)
Not sure
4 (9.3%)
I don't care
12 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Bringing back Annonyboard  (Read 636 times)

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
Bringing back Annonyboard
« on: September 03, 2013, 02:29:51 PM »
It's been a whole while since it was removed and I think that now is a good time to have a good discussion about bringing it back up as well as possibly thinking about some additions to it but thats optional.

As you all know I'm strongly in favor of bringing it back. After over a year or maybe even two I think giving this a second chance is definitely worth it, I'm sure there will be things to be said if it'll be brought back to life. Now if AB would cause enormous amounts of trouble it could always be shut down again but I hope this isn't going to be the case because a lot of time has passed and I believe we became more mature and smart so I don't see why should anyone be offended by it anymore, I mean, after all it's the Internet, if people can legitimately get so offended by such things then it's their fault and they'll probably going to have to learn to deal with it sooner or later anyways because things previously seen on AB happen all across the Internet and it is here to stay so sooner or later people should grow out of the period of not being able to deal with what's being said there. Another thing worth mentioning is that back in the day it was quite an interesting place to spar or lurk around, well, for the most or at least some part of it.
There are some other issues that I do believe should be looked upon if we are to bring this board back. Those include mainly samefagging and spamming.

Let's try to keep the discussion without "muh feelings" logic involved as well as polite as possible and with use of good arguments.
Discuss.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
Re: Bringing back Annonyboard
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 02:38:56 PM »
thats it
im going to shit on you

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 02:39:43 PM »
I agree with Prox. Most, if not all, of the /ab/ shitposters have left RND since it was shut down, so the amount of shit flinging and drama would most likely go down.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 03:14:04 PM »
Hopefully this is the case. I wouldn't mind for it to be up as long as spam and flaming are strictly forbidden.

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 03:32:51 PM »
Please tell me the benefit.

So far I have only heard how it won't be bad.
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 05:20:36 PM »
I don't see any benefit. In the past when it was up there wasn't any, it was simply used as a means for endless flaming and idiocy. So let's say no one flames or acts like a total douche anymore via AB, what positives are there I'm also curious because I can't see a single one. Back when it was up there wasn't a single intelligent discussion on the board, I'm not sure what makes anyone think it'll be any different now even if restrictions/regulations were put in place to stop minginess.

Offline Bomb Squad

• Windows UserApple UserDog LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Winner of Worst VIP of 2013
  • Respect: +110
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 06:29:45 PM »
What the fuck is Annoyboard?

The best way to deal with your problems is to plant a C4 in close proximity to it.

Offline Tiger Guy

View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 07:25:49 PM »
What the fuck is Annoyboard?
A place that was made to make topics and posts about community related things anonymously. Instead of that, it was just a place to start shit and shit talk about others. Nothing productive happened there, and Coolz took it down.

I can see why people don't want /ab/ to come back, but I wouldn't mind it coming back. It's really all up to Coolz.
Youtube

Offline Bomb Squad

• Windows UserApple UserDog LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Winner of Worst VIP of 2013
  • Respect: +110
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 07:29:11 PM »
A place that was made to make topics and posts about community related things anonymously. Instead of that, it was just a place to start shit and shit talk about others. Nothing productive happened there, and Coolz took it down.

I can see why people don't want /ab/ to come back, but I wouldn't mind it coming back. It's really all up to Coolz.
Anonymous discussion doesn't sound like a bad idea - I really wouldn't mind it either.

The best way to deal with your problems is to plant a C4 in close proximity to it.

Offline Tiger Guy

View More Badges!

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 07:38:28 PM »
Anonymous discussion doesn't sound like a bad idea - I really wouldn't mind it either.
The problem is that some people don't know how to control themselves and/or like to start drama. They end up making malicious threads about a subject that has nothing to do with the community whatsoever. Some would even samefag just so get reactions.
Youtube

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 08:19:32 PM »
+1
idk i just feel like some people have some craving to gossip worse than a sewing club when any sort of anonymity is introduced and i dont personally see any positives to that
in my opinion if you have something that you cant say with your identity known, then its not worth saying to begin with

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 08:31:09 PM »
+1
I think having ananonymous board is an unhealthy thing because it bypasses personal accountability and as such opens the door to a negative environment.

I agree with coolz, I see no benefits in it.

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 08:51:36 PM »
The problem is that some people don't know how to control themselves and/or like to start drama. They end up making malicious threads about a subject that has nothing to do with the community whatsoever. Some would even samefag just so get reactions.

There could be an ID system like /b/ for each thread to so people can't samefag? Not sure how hard it would be to make that though.
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 09:21:56 PM »
Instead of that, it was just a place to start shit and shit talk about others.
Actually, within all of that shit posting, we were all able to actually get our bottled up rage out against members without ruining relationships (unless it was obvious who was posting).

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 04:08:15 AM »
+1
Please tell me the benefit.

So far I have only heard how it won't be bad.
People can say whats on their mind, talk more freely without having to worry about what's going to happen to them next, they don't need to sugar coat words, it's also a very interesting board, if you guys could forget for a moment about all the spam and stupid shit and think about threads that were actually legitimate you'd see that too.

I don't see any benefit. In the past when it was up there wasn't any, it was simply used as a means for endless flaming and idiocy. So let's say no one flames or acts like a total douche anymore via AB, what positives are there I'm also curious because I can't see a single one. Back when it was up there wasn't a single intelligent discussion on the board, I'm not sure what makes anyone think it'll be any different now even if restrictions/regulations were put in place to stop minginess.
The AB was never all about intelligent discussions, its about having any kind of discussions. Also some or perhaps most of intelligent discussions regarding other members or things that otherwise would get you called an asshole, racist, or would make people hold grudges against you were also only possible there and let's not delude ourselves by saying people wouldn't do this, they do and probably always will. Another point I'd like to address is that there were a lot of discussions in AB that had a lot of offensive words and attitudes but the things that they were saying was legit, a lot of you would probably call those threads idiotic, insulting without actually even looking into their meaning, but simply because of bad attitute aka "muh feelings". I just cannot comprehend why do you guys think that after 2 years people would still get offended over the Internet just as easy, I view this community as a mature, responsible and intelligent one so it's hard for me to imagine that people would still get so horribly offended by AB. Also keep in mind that those shit posters would probably be aware that retarded behavior would result in a permanent removal of the board so they would probably be more cautious, unless thats their intent, to close it, but we could add some new features to that board to prevent it but before we do that we need to decide on whether or not we want to bring AB back.   

idk i just feel like some people have some craving to gossip worse than a sewing club when any sort of anonymity is introduced
Well then let them have their fun, if they are like that then who cares? Of course the chances are great that at the moment of AB revival there will be much of that but I don't see it lasting for too long.

i dont personally see any positives to that in my opinion if you have something that you cant say with your identity known, then its not worth saying to begin with
Of course you can say whatever you want, but if you care about the community and other people which is usually the case, that just isn't going to happen. People will worry about consequences and even if they speak, they will censor themselves as much as possible, so that in itself is a very positive thing that anonymity, it solves that problem.

I think having ananonymous board is an unhealthy thing because it bypasses personal accountability and as such opens the door to a negative environment.

I agree with coolz, I see no benefits in it.
If someone can't stand negative environment on the Internet because "muh feelings" then I believe they should work on that, negative environment is inevitable on the Internet. They could also just simply stay away from such places if possible.