Author Topic: Crit Nick's appeal  (Read 493 times)

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
Re: Crit Nick's appeal
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »
I didn't come back a few months ago. I came back nearly a year ago to ask what was going on and I was constantly banned by Snivy and Moo which only further upset me with the community. I understand that dodging my ban with this new account isn't justifiable and neither is not asking an admin to unban me but I haven't done a single thing to warrant myself banned and i'm making a sincere attempt to rejoin the community.  Also I don't know you KHMarie but you seem to just be like everyone band wagoning on how much some poeple in this community dislike me. You've never met me and neither have you gotten to know me at all and you make the assumption that i'm an awful person because of how I was in the past. I haven't asked for a godly act of you of guys suddenly liking me again but what is so awful about giving me a chance? It hasn't seemed any trouble to re-ban me everytime I came back so what is the issue now? I've openly stated that i've apologized to all the members i've upset and that I'd like to try again and I've showed that i'm not the same dick I was years ago. It goes to show that I put this much effort into these posts that i'm not looking to fuck up again.

and to add to you saying I could've contacted an admin priar to this, I couldn't have. I am on this communitys blacklists admins don't talk to me. I was only invited to teamspeak after I made this account and AFTER i started posting. It didn't cross my mind at the time because before i talked to sabb I had no intentions of rejoining the community and neither did I feel like anyone wanted me here. Sabb convinced me otherwise and is also convinced that I am not the same.

I never once assumed you were an awful person, I simply listened to the opinions of others I've talked to and I respect, since you're right, I don't know you all that well. And I made my decision based on what I felt was right in this situation, not just that of others, I can formulate my own opinion thank you very much. And from what I know, that isn't true, you could have contacted an admin prior to this new account, if you wanted to. Either way, it is possible for people to change, I just don't think this is your time yet, maybe later on when everyone else can form an opinion on you as well. Some might disagree with me, but that's just what I think. Others might think differently, and maybe their thoughts mean more to you.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Baseplate

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 08:26:53 PM »
-snip
May my enemy's live long so they can see my progress.

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 08:29:47 PM »
I'll retain decision on this one, currently undecided.

Please do continue discussion I would like to keep this public and in this thread.
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 10:06:48 PM »
I do believe he should be unbanned, as said before its been 2 years and the only time I saw him come back was during the temp servers and seemed like a relatively nice guy.

Also as sabb said, he could just be rebanned in an instant.

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 10:26:56 PM »
My vote is no for the same reasons that Marie stated in her first post.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 04:58:47 AM »
I recommend to unban him. Looking back at those times before his ban his attitude was nothing like this, it seems that he got serious and he has serious intentions to become a part of the community. As for ban-evasion, it isn't a big deal if he used it for an official apology to the whole community after what he have done years or maybe months ago, it surely doesn't seem to me that he did it to cause trouble, but in-case the time will show the otherwise, he will be re-banned.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 04:36:25 PM »
He came back a few months ago and still acted like a complete retard.

And he's doing the exact opposite now. That alone should stand for something.

I am going to

From what I've seen and heard, you just aren't ready for this yet. Besides you had the opportunity to ask an admin before making this new account, so your excuse for not doing so and evading is not in any form justifiable. I think you should have handled this in a more responsible manner and if you were truly sorry you would have gone out of your way to do so. I will leave it at that.
I don't think this is a valid reason to have the appeal denied either. I'm mainly only quoting this because it's Snivy's reason too apparently. What problem does him evading the ban to post an appeal cause? None, really. If he asked an admin to post something for him or something like that maybe that would have been a bit better as far as being formal or w.e but I see no reason for that to be necessary. He also did actually talk to me before posting the appeal and I simply told him to do so. If he was posting something that required admin action that would be a different situation, but he's not. He simply made a thread mentioning that he's back and answering questions, and then an appeal.

As far as him not changing, I've said my opinion on that enough obviously so I just hope what I'm saying is actually being read. I just think that the fact that he can very very easily be re-banned and the fact that his action of coming back in a decent manner (in my opinion) outweighs the opposing side of the argument. So I'll just leave it at that since it's now just based solely off opinion for that.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 04:40:01 PM »
I talked to him breifly, and from our interation I can believe he likely wouldn't resort to harassment that he did originally.

You do seem to be friends with Sabb, and Sabb seem to believe that you would now make a good member of the community. Sabb was put into his position because of trust in his judgement.
If Sabb would be willing to take responsibility for you (Think probation officer) and your actions, I would be agreeable with you being unbanned.

However, this has caveats for Sabb; he would be responsible for any future transgressions you would make, meaning he would be the one to have to ban/punish you, and also take a hit if you do get banned again. If there ever was a case were one of the other admins had to step in; it would be... problematic.

Basically what I am saying is, Sabb if you are willing to put your reputation on the line for CritNick; as you believe he won't cause a future situation. Then I am more than willing to trust your judgement and agree to having him unbanned.

Otherwise I would say wait on the unban.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 04:41:35 PM by Xrain »
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 05:31:20 PM »
I talked to him breifly, and from our interation I can believe he likely wouldn't resort to harassment that he did originally.

You do seem to be friends with Sabb, and Sabb seem to believe that you would now make a good member of the community. Sabb was put into his position because of trust in his judgement.
If Sabb would be willing to take responsibility for you (Think probation officer) and your actions, I would be agreeable with you being unbanned.

However, this has caveats for Sabb; he would be responsible for any future transgressions you would make, meaning he would be the one to have to ban/punish you, and also take a hit if you do get banned again. If there ever was a case were one of the other admins had to step in; it would be... problematic.

Basically what I am saying is, Sabb if you are willing to put your reputation on the line for CritNick; as you believe he won't cause a future situation. Then I am more than willing to trust your judgement and agree to having him unbanned.

Otherwise I would say wait on the unban.
Of course, I basically already am putting my reputation on the line. Of course I wouldn't go as far as "if he gets in trouble you'll be demoted too," however. But yes, I do truly think he won't be a problem any longer.
And I'd be quite happy to be the one to take action if needed. It gets too messy when admins start interfering, so I'd sure be willing to be the one responsible for him.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 05:24:12 AM »
Why put Sabb at risk for actions that are not up to his will? After all, he isn't the only one supporting Crit's appeal. And think about it this way, what if CritNick truly has intentions to mess around again? In that case CritNick would have more possibilities to inflict harm to the community by not only violating rules but also taking away Sabb's rank. I just don't see why this whole thing is necessary when it is clearly so damn easy to just re-ban him.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 06:07:57 AM »
However, this has caveats for Sabb; he would be responsible for any future transgressions you would make, meaning he would be the one to ban/punish you, and also take a hit if you do get banned again. If there ever was a case were one of the other admins had to step in; it would be... problematic.

I think think this needs some clarification because I think people might misread, I believe Xrain is talking to Critnik there, not Sabb. So if something were to happen, Sabb wouldn't get demoted.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Baseplate

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 11:21:45 AM »
He is talking to Sabb. He's telling sabb if he believes so firmly in it and is willing to put his rep on the line Xrain will go along with it.

and @ prox. Why would I go through so much to just get banned a day later and to harm the community further? I've never seen someone who does nothing but troll write out an apology and have a sincere reason to rejoin the community. If I didn't want to show my worth i'd be insulting you like I once did and I'd be treating this like it didn't mean anything. It does mean something and I take it seriously.
May my enemy's live long so they can see my progress.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 11:25:34 AM »
and @ prox. Why would I go through so much to just get banned a day later and to harm the community further?

It's happened plenty of times.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 01:30:06 PM »
I'd say give him a chance.

Whagman only got two months for the same thing he did. The difference is that Deacon doesn't act like a fascist dictator that bans and asks questions later when admining the servers. He has been banned for two years (he did play some in the temp servers, before he got permad for evading), and deserves the chance to come back.

If he fucks it up, give him a permanent ban for an actual good reason, not because of 'a' or 'cus he diss my girl yo!'.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 02:06:34 PM »
If he fucks it up, give him a permanent ban for an actual good reason, not because of 'a' or 'cus he diss my girl yo!'.
Oh no. If we're only talking about the Moo incident, then yeah, he would deserve a second chance.

But I'm more annoyed at the fact that throughout that time, he would evade, make multiple forum accounts, and only start shit.