.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Bans (Read Only) => Appeal => Approved => Topic started by: Baseplate on November 27, 2012, 05:23:10 PM

Title: Crit Nick's appeal
Post by: Baseplate on November 27, 2012, 05:23:10 PM
1. STEAM_0:0:26295998

2. Crit Nick

3. [TNS-M] Birdo

4. Stronghole

5. Description of the event(s) : I was banned nearly 2 years ago by Moo for impersonation and trolling.

6.  I've come to the understanding of what I did was childish and I shouldn'tve  done it in the first place.  I've been banned for almost 2 years now and I feel I won't repeat what happened at that time. I've become active in your teamspeak and would like to get back to playing in rNd. I don't think I should be welcomed back with open arms, neither should I honestly be welcomed at all because of what i've done. Despite all this I hope you can see that i've matured and want to play here again. Thanks

-Nick

7. Screenshots or demo(s) | Optional console log(s) None

8. http://bans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=Crit+Nick&Submit= (http://bans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=Crit+Nick&Submit=)

I'd like to add to the end of this that if you've come to my appeal to flame me or scold me for trolling please don't. You can PM me about how much you dislike me and don't want me back. I'd like to keep this on the topic of my appeal and what the admins have to say.
Title: Re: Crit Nick's appeal
Post by: blαh2355 on November 27, 2012, 05:39:08 PM
Well even though I don't know what happened exactly, I feel he should have another chance. He has made the effort to apologize and waited long enough to learn what he has done wrong in the past.

I don't think people would still hate you as it would be holding a grudge for 2 years and we are ready to put the past behind us.
Post by: Sabb on November 27, 2012, 05:54:48 PM
Crit Nick has made enough problems previously but I do believe it's worth giving him another chance now. As I said in another thread he contacted me before and we ended up playing Hidden: Source together and talking in Teamspeak and I do think he's genuinely around to play the servers and not cause problems now. Even if that's not the case, it's very simple to have him banned again and I'm sure some won't hesitate to do that. So yea, I really think it's worth unbanning him. Though, Moo isn't around anymore and he's the one who banned him originally. So I guess the decision should be left to coolz especially considering he has evaded forum bans plenty of times including now.
Post by: Lavenchie on November 27, 2012, 06:04:32 PM
Yes.
Yes
Please god
Yes
 :thumbsup:
Post by: Xrain on November 27, 2012, 07:34:23 PM
This is something that only coolz can decide.

You will just have to wait for him to come to a decision.
Post by: Baseplate on November 27, 2012, 09:00:41 PM
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.
Post by: jimonions on November 27, 2012, 11:36:42 PM
I am still opposed.
I have not seen anything that tells me Crit Nick is any better than what he did before to me and other people.

For those not informed or weren't here at the time Crit Nick was involved in a lot of trolling both on forums and servers, particularly singling out certain people (me) for whatever reasons.
In-game he constantly tried provoking me into banning him which if memory serves me correct I eventually did upon which he joined the forums in another attempt to get under my skin by sending trolling messages and being generally annoying.

Moo banned him permanently after Crit Nick tried starting the same deal with his girlfriend.

I am willing to reconsider if he posts an apology detailing everything he did to intentionally troll me and other past members of this community.

Post by: Sabb on November 28, 2012, 09:21:50 AM
I am still opposed.
I have not seen anything that tells me Crit Nick is any better than what he did before to me and other people.

For those not informed or weren't here at the time Crit Nick was involved in a lot of trolling both on forums and servers, particularly singling out certain people (me) for whatever reasons.
In-game he constantly tried provoking me into banning him which if memory serves me correct I eventually did upon which he joined the forums in another attempt to get under my skin by sending trolling messages and being generally annoying.

Moo banned him permanently after Crit Nick tried starting the same deal with his girlfriend.

I am willing to reconsider if he posts an apology detailing everything he did to intentionally troll me and other past members of this community.
Jim that was a long ass time ago. Him simply making an appeal and talking to people and playing games normally is a significant sign on its own that he's not doing the same shit.
And if he is, not hard to ban again. It's not like what he did was even much of a problem to begin with any ways. Yes, he annoyed people, impersonated Teeny and shit like that. He wasn't a problem in-game though aside from bothering some specific people, but I don't think he'd do that now any ways. It's not like he was hacking and evading bans to actually cause significant trouble. It's been a number of years since he was banned too. Yea he did come back on the forums evading the ban between that time to troll or w.e but from what I remember it wasn't that big of a deal, unless he might have been contacting people individually doing it too which I don't believe happened.

Though, I do think him recapping what happened would be a good idea so people know more of what's going on.
Post by: Baseplate on November 28, 2012, 01:55:14 PM
I willingly apologize for what I have done in the past, I really do. The main reason I probably went after you especially like you've stated (It's hard for me to remember that long ago, I do recall trolling you and purposely getting under your skin for whatever reason, but not the extent in which you believe) I was probably upset with you at some point for your dislike with me when we played flood together when I kinda wanted to befriend you and you just were consistently a jerk i'm not saying I was right, i'm sure you were a good guy and you were just reacting to what I gave you, but I suppose it all started with a misunderstanding and I got off to the wrong foot with you. Like I said I apologize and wish that you have no hard feelings for me, Jim. I was quite a different person then as I am now and I don't believe what I did was right so in the very least I can apologize to a community I once held so close to me regardless if I get unbanned or not.

- Nick

Too re-cap what I did for the most part would be this.

When I joined rNd I played flood mod with everyone priar to VIP and regular being released. I got along with most of the common crowd and become an active member. Soon I felt comfortable here and kinda just fell into the "Oh i'm just trolling my group its okay" This didn't just happen over night it took me a bit of time to get comfortable here, I wasn't a huge issue with an major members until a year or so into my stay here. At that point i'd got noticed by admins and I t\not in the good way the few I can name are Jim/Moo/Coolz(Whether or not Coolz disliked/liked me I would never know I talked to him once and I didn't leave a good impression on him). It wasn't that I was a bad member we all had our jokes and we all messed around but I just took it too far sometimes and I got myself banned multiple times.  The userbase that somewhat liked me changed for moderator hatred of me and thats just how it was when I kept coming back and back.

I won't post a tl;dr, if you don't have the time to appreciate my explanation you don't deserve to post on it.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on November 28, 2012, 06:40:04 PM
I am going to (http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/5350/crown1.png)

From what I've seen and heard, you just aren't ready for this yet. Besides you had the opportunity to ask an admin before making this new account, so your excuse for not doing so and evading is not in any form justifiable. I think you should have handled this in a more responsible manner and if you were truly sorry you would have gone out of your way to do so. I will leave it at that.
Post by: memo3300 on November 28, 2012, 07:15:05 PM
Original name: teeny left moo for apple franky

http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,2418.0.html (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,2418.0.html)

Date: 09/09/2010

>2010

Idk you guys, but for me 2 years is a fucking lot for someone who is waiting a new chance.

Also in 2 years one can improve a lot.

Post by: Deathie on November 28, 2012, 07:21:34 PM
Original name: teeny left moo for apple franky

http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,2418.0.html (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,2418.0.html)

Date: 09/09/2010

>2010

Idk you guys, but for me 2 years is a fucking lot for someone who is waiting a new chance.

Also in 2 years one can improve a lot.

He came back a few months ago and still acted like a complete retard.
Post by: memo3300 on November 28, 2012, 07:27:09 PM

any link to that or it was on somewhere else?

anyways if thats true...  :idk:
Post by: Seb on November 28, 2012, 07:27:11 PM

Quote from: Moo
cake face, i dont like you either, so i would suggest u stfu and go play your games with sanders and bipolardiz

holy fuck somebody has a pretty big rock in their anus
Post by: Baseplate on November 28, 2012, 08:04:52 PM
I didn't come back a few months ago. I came back nearly a year ago to ask what was going on and I was constantly banned by Snivy and Moo which only further upset me with the community. I understand that dodging my ban with this new account isn't justifiable and neither is not asking an admin to unban me but I haven't done a single thing to warrant myself banned and i'm making a sincere attempt to rejoin the community.  Also I don't know you KHMarie but you seem to just be like everyone band wagoning on how much some poeple in this community dislike me. You've never met me and neither have you gotten to know me at all and you make the assumption that i'm an awful person because of how I was in the past. I haven't asked for a godly act of you of guys suddenly liking me again but what is so awful about giving me a chance? It hasn't seemed any trouble to re-ban me everytime I came back so what is the issue now? I've openly stated that i've apologized to all the members i've upset and that I'd like to try again and I've showed that i'm not the same dick I was years ago. It goes to show that I put this much effort into these posts that i'm not looking to fuck up again.

and to add to you saying I could've contacted an admin priar to this, I couldn't have. I am on this communitys blacklists admins don't talk to me. I was only invited to teamspeak after I made this account and AFTER i started posting. It didn't cross my mind at the time because before i talked to sabb I had no intentions of rejoining the community and neither did I feel like anyone wanted me here. Sabb convinced me otherwise and is also convinced that I am not the same.

Edit again ; I'd like to allow Coolz to make the final decision on this. So if you are an admin and you aren't him i'd like you to just PM me if you see an issue with anything i'm doing or some sort of beef you have with me, maybe we can work it out. I understand any admins who post are valued opinions in the community but he is the decider here.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on November 28, 2012, 08:22:21 PM
I didn't come back a few months ago. I came back nearly a year ago to ask what was going on and I was constantly banned by Snivy and Moo which only further upset me with the community. I understand that dodging my ban with this new account isn't justifiable and neither is not asking an admin to unban me but I haven't done a single thing to warrant myself banned and i'm making a sincere attempt to rejoin the community.  Also I don't know you KHMarie but you seem to just be like everyone band wagoning on how much some poeple in this community dislike me. You've never met me and neither have you gotten to know me at all and you make the assumption that i'm an awful person because of how I was in the past. I haven't asked for a godly act of you of guys suddenly liking me again but what is so awful about giving me a chance? It hasn't seemed any trouble to re-ban me everytime I came back so what is the issue now? I've openly stated that i've apologized to all the members i've upset and that I'd like to try again and I've showed that i'm not the same dick I was years ago. It goes to show that I put this much effort into these posts that i'm not looking to fuck up again.

and to add to you saying I could've contacted an admin priar to this, I couldn't have. I am on this communitys blacklists admins don't talk to me. I was only invited to teamspeak after I made this account and AFTER i started posting. It didn't cross my mind at the time because before i talked to sabb I had no intentions of rejoining the community and neither did I feel like anyone wanted me here. Sabb convinced me otherwise and is also convinced that I am not the same.

I never once assumed you were an awful person, I simply listened to the opinions of others I've talked to and I respect, since you're right, I don't know you all that well. And I made my decision based on what I felt was right in this situation, not just that of others, I can formulate my own opinion thank you very much. And from what I know, that isn't true, you could have contacted an admin prior to this new account, if you wanted to. Either way, it is possible for people to change, I just don't think this is your time yet, maybe later on when everyone else can form an opinion on you as well. Some might disagree with me, but that's just what I think. Others might think differently, and maybe their thoughts mean more to you.
Post by: Baseplate on November 28, 2012, 08:26:53 PM
-snip
Post by: coolzeldad on November 28, 2012, 08:29:47 PM
I'll retain decision on this one, currently undecided.

Please do continue discussion I would like to keep this public and in this thread.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on November 28, 2012, 10:06:48 PM
I do believe he should be unbanned, as said before its been 2 years and the only time I saw him come back was during the temp servers and seemed like a relatively nice guy.

Also as sabb said, he could just be rebanned in an instant.
Post by: Deathie on November 28, 2012, 10:26:56 PM
My vote is no for the same reasons that Marie stated in her first post.
Post by: Prox on November 29, 2012, 04:58:47 AM
I recommend to unban him. Looking back at those times before his ban his attitude was nothing like this, it seems that he got serious and he has serious intentions to become a part of the community. As for ban-evasion, it isn't a big deal if he used it for an official apology to the whole community after what he have done years or maybe months ago, it surely doesn't seem to me that he did it to cause trouble, but in-case the time will show the otherwise, he will be re-banned.
Post by: Sabb on November 29, 2012, 04:36:25 PM

And he's doing the exact opposite now. That alone should stand for something.

I am going to (http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/5350/crown1.png)

From what I've seen and heard, you just aren't ready for this yet. Besides you had the opportunity to ask an admin before making this new account, so your excuse for not doing so and evading is not in any form justifiable. I think you should have handled this in a more responsible manner and if you were truly sorry you would have gone out of your way to do so. I will leave it at that.
I don't think this is a valid reason to have the appeal denied either. I'm mainly only quoting this because it's Snivy's reason too apparently. What problem does him evading the ban to post an appeal cause? None, really. If he asked an admin to post something for him or something like that maybe that would have been a bit better as far as being formal or w.e but I see no reason for that to be necessary. He also did actually talk to me before posting the appeal and I simply told him to do so. If he was posting something that required admin action that would be a different situation, but he's not. He simply made a thread mentioning that he's back and answering questions, and then an appeal.

As far as him not changing, I've said my opinion on that enough obviously so I just hope what I'm saying is actually being read. I just think that the fact that he can very very easily be re-banned and the fact that his action of coming back in a decent manner (in my opinion) outweighs the opposing side of the argument. So I'll just leave it at that since it's now just based solely off opinion for that.
Post by: Xrain on November 29, 2012, 04:40:01 PM
I talked to him breifly, and from our interation I can believe he likely wouldn't resort to harassment that he did originally.

You do seem to be friends with Sabb, and Sabb seem to believe that you would now make a good member of the community. Sabb was put into his position because of trust in his judgement.
If Sabb would be willing to take responsibility for you (Think probation officer) and your actions, I would be agreeable with you being unbanned.

However, this has caveats for Sabb; he would be responsible for any future transgressions you would make, meaning he would be the one to have to ban/punish you, and also take a hit if you do get banned again. If there ever was a case were one of the other admins had to step in; it would be... problematic.

Basically what I am saying is, Sabb if you are willing to put your reputation on the line for CritNick; as you believe he won't cause a future situation. Then I am more than willing to trust your judgement and agree to having him unbanned.

Otherwise I would say wait on the unban.
Post by: Sabb on November 29, 2012, 05:31:20 PM
I talked to him breifly, and from our interation I can believe he likely wouldn't resort to harassment that he did originally.

You do seem to be friends with Sabb, and Sabb seem to believe that you would now make a good member of the community. Sabb was put into his position because of trust in his judgement.
If Sabb would be willing to take responsibility for you (Think probation officer) and your actions, I would be agreeable with you being unbanned.

However, this has caveats for Sabb; he would be responsible for any future transgressions you would make, meaning he would be the one to have to ban/punish you, and also take a hit if you do get banned again. If there ever was a case were one of the other admins had to step in; it would be... problematic.

Basically what I am saying is, Sabb if you are willing to put your reputation on the line for CritNick; as you believe he won't cause a future situation. Then I am more than willing to trust your judgement and agree to having him unbanned.

Otherwise I would say wait on the unban.
Of course, I basically already am putting my reputation on the line. Of course I wouldn't go as far as "if he gets in trouble you'll be demoted too," however. But yes, I do truly think he won't be a problem any longer.
And I'd be quite happy to be the one to take action if needed. It gets too messy when admins start interfering, so I'd sure be willing to be the one responsible for him.
Post by: Prox on November 30, 2012, 05:24:12 AM
Why put Sabb at risk for actions that are not up to his will? After all, he isn't the only one supporting Crit's appeal. And think about it this way, what if CritNick truly has intentions to mess around again? In that case CritNick would have more possibilities to inflict harm to the community by not only violating rules but also taking away Sabb's rank. I just don't see why this whole thing is necessary when it is clearly so damn easy to just re-ban him.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on November 30, 2012, 06:07:57 AM
However, this has caveats for Sabb; he would be responsible for any future transgressions you would make, meaning he would be the one to ban/punish you, and also take a hit if you do get banned again. If there ever was a case were one of the other admins had to step in; it would be... problematic.

I think think this needs some clarification because I think people might misread, I believe Xrain is talking to Critnik there, not Sabb. So if something were to happen, Sabb wouldn't get demoted.
Post by: Baseplate on November 30, 2012, 11:21:45 AM
He is talking to Sabb. He's telling sabb if he believes so firmly in it and is willing to put his rep on the line Xrain will go along with it.

and @ prox. Why would I go through so much to just get banned a day later and to harm the community further? I've never seen someone who does nothing but troll write out an apology and have a sincere reason to rejoin the community. If I didn't want to show my worth i'd be insulting you like I once did and I'd be treating this like it didn't mean anything. It does mean something and I take it seriously.
Post by: Deathie on November 30, 2012, 11:25:34 AM
and @ prox. Why would I go through so much to just get banned a day later and to harm the community further?

It's happened plenty of times.
Post by: Tiger Guy on November 30, 2012, 01:30:06 PM
I'd say give him a chance.

Whagman only got two months for the same thing he did. The difference is that Deacon doesn't act like a fascist dictator that bans and asks questions later when admining the servers. He has been banned for two years (he did play some in the temp servers, before he got permad for evading), and deserves the chance to come back.

If he fucks it up, give him a permanent ban for an actual good reason, not because of 'a' or 'cus he diss my girl yo!'.
Post by: Deathie on November 30, 2012, 02:06:34 PM
If he fucks it up, give him a permanent ban for an actual good reason, not because of 'a' or 'cus he diss my girl yo!'.
Oh no. If we're only talking about the Moo incident, then yeah, he would deserve a second chance.

But I'm more annoyed at the fact that throughout that time, he would evade, make multiple forum accounts, and only start shit.
Post by: Baseplate on November 30, 2012, 02:15:15 PM
If you'd read my first post you wouldn't be posting that, you seem to be another one of the few people who like to rag on me and you hardly know me. I don't remember having you having any past experience with me in the servers and maybe rarely on the forums. I never once came back with bad intentions until the community responded poorly to me just asking how everything was. Agression is only met with agression in this case the people who came purely into my old threads in spite and to just troll got back what they gave. I really do hope I can change your mind Death but at this point you seem really biased and you won't give me a chance.

Edit : My main beef was  merely just with Moo because this hurt him so badly for some reason when it was just a joke. I had no chance to appeal even before me making alt accounts on the forums. I am not the only one to blame here with dealing with a situation poorly and I can't be the only one held accountable for trolling.
Post by: Deacon on November 30, 2012, 10:15:43 PM
If you'd read my first post you wouldn't be posting that, you seem to be another one of the few people who like to rag on me and you hardly know me. I don't remember having you having any past experience with me in the servers and maybe rarely on the forums. I never once came back with bad intentions until the community responded poorly to me just asking how everything was. Agression is only met with agression in this case the people who came purely into my old threads in spite and to just troll got back what they gave. I really do hope I can change your mind Death but at this point you seem really biased and you won't give me a chance.

Edit : My main beef was  merely just with Moo because this hurt him so badly for some reason when it was just a joke. I had no chance to appeal even before me making alt accounts on the forums. I am not the only one to blame here with dealing with a situation poorly and I can't be the only one held accountable for trolling.

You show elements of your behavior here that push my opinions further negative.
Post by: Supertoaster on November 30, 2012, 11:15:07 PM
I always thought a permanent ban was called a permanent ban because it's permanent.
Post by: Samo on December 01, 2012, 12:17:15 AM
Look, if he's made the effort for this appeal after two years of being banned it's the one who banned him that should make the decisive choice.
Post by: Tiger Guy on December 01, 2012, 05:40:45 AM
I always thought a permanent ban was called a permanent ban because it's permanent.
Not isn't really when the reason for it is 'a'.
Post by: Prox on December 01, 2012, 05:54:38 AM
If he's really saying the truth about himself then the reason why his attitude is going more negative could be because he might be getting frustrated by others saying something about him that he himself knows is not true. I think so because the exact same thing have happened to me before. But still there is a chance that I'm wrong about him, but I think it's rather unlikely.
Post by: Baseplate on December 01, 2012, 09:02:38 AM
You know deacon I tryed to see what I'd done to you and tryed to figure out who you are, but I messaged you and the steam chat went like this. [TNS-M] Birdo :"Who are you?"
Deacon : Who am I? Who are you?
[TNS-M] Birdo : Nick
Deacon : No.
Deacon : Adios.
You refused to speak to me when I made an attempt to connect what i'd done wrong to you and you said i'd "forgotten our history together" in my thread in discussion, you clearly did this for no reason because you don't want to discuss anything so how am I the one who is in the wrong? Consistently trying to apologize to members and you won't even give the time for me to understand what i've done to. You say its in your nature but is it not your duty as an admin to get over your emotions and work things out logically?
Post by: Deacon on December 01, 2012, 09:09:03 AM
You know deacon I tryed to see what I'd done to you and tryed to figure out who you are, but I messaged you and the steam chat went like this. [TNS-M] Birdo :"Who are you?"
Deacon : Who am I? Who are you?
[TNS-M] Birdo : Nick
Deacon : No.
Deacon : Adios.
You refused to speak to me when I made an attempt to connect what i'd done wrong to you and you said i'd "forgotten our history together" in my thread in discussion, you clearly did this for no reason because you don't want to discuss anything so how am I the one who is in the wrong? Consistently trying to apologize to members and you won't even give the time for me to understand what i've done to. You say its in your nature but is it not your duty as an admin to get over your emotions and work things out logically?

The only duty I have is to provide my personal opinion on the situation.
I feel that with your past, your episodes stem from boredom.
So what happens when you get bored of us again?
You go off and do the same thing that got you in trouble in the first place.
Given that you've been back several times before this, no. I don't feel that you should be back.

And that's just me.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on December 01, 2012, 09:26:35 AM
Look, if he's made the effort for this appeal after two years of being banned it's the one who banned him that should make the decisive choice.

Well moo isnt here anymore lol
Post by: Baseplate on December 01, 2012, 05:07:39 PM
You accuse my trolling stemming from boredom but thats not really it. If i get bored I leave the community, or I go play on another for a while. I've actively switched from communitys in this last year and i'm in good standing health with all of them. I wouldn't come back here knowing i'd fuck about. I like rND I know it's hard for me to show that due to my last episodes of doing what I do, I understand that. I cannot stress this enough that if i'm a problem just ban me, from the servers and the forums. Many people have stated that it hasn't been an issue before and it wouldn't be an issue now. The only reason I fight for this because this was my first gMod community I was in, and the very first time i ever wore a tag. It holds a place in my heart and I can't just have people I once knew well and had fun with think that i'm an asshole without trying to make up for it. So in all sincerity i'd like to do that. Just give me a chance to show you that I am not who I was and that I can change.
Post by: coolzeldad on December 01, 2012, 05:49:38 PM
Alright, unbanned for now, resorting to previous behavior will reinstate the ban.

All other offenses will be considered with a higher severity.