Author Topic: [PLEASE READ] Administration Promotions  (Read 741 times)

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
Re: [PLEASE READ] Administration Promotions
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 12:33:23 PM »
Yes I blocked you. I don't like those at all. I also removed 85% of my steam friends.

And I propkilled you and another innocent when I was a traitor on crummy. I left because of the way you started to yell at me in ts3. I apologized afterward if you remember.

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 02:44:03 PM »
As far as the three "suggested" candidates are concerned I haven't seen much, if any activity from any of them but Prox in the past month or so. What I don't want most of all is to have an inactive admin get promoted when there are plenty of viable candidates whom are extremely active. Of all the problems an admin could have this is the worst to me because it only punishes the community. If an admin abuses we can simply ban, if an admin breaks the rules in someway so drastically that it calls for a ban we can, but if an admin is inactive that admin "slot" has 0 usefulness what could have gone to someone enforcing the servers daily now belongs to someone who gets on the forums twice a week MAYBE. Regarding earlier concerns about the way Ipounce handles situations that call for it, I've also never seen him deal with any situations requiring a vips touch, and haven't seen Deacon on the servers period in about a month. To sum that portion up of the three proposed candidates in my personal opinion the only one who seems ready for the position as of now is Prox. The only problem I have with Prox occurs adversely in most people, where as they're afraid to act, I feel like he makes snap judgements and acts far too quickly before even taking the time to figure out what happened. That being said there's also the possibility that he could be talking to someone behind the scenes I'm sure we all do it from time to time, I know the regulars have been a boatload and a half of help since I obtained the position but that's still just a quality I've seen overall.

I haven't played much with Alkaline lately but I know I've seen him on a decent amount, I don't feel qualified to give an educated opinion on his potential in being an admin candidate.

tl;dr: Prox = viable candidate but can be a bit quick to act which concerns me Deacon = Really inactive recently plus all the aforementioned issues others have posted about short temper and stress and such Ipounce = Decently inactive on the actual servers however gladly plays with the other vips/admins on l4d2 just doesn't seem like an admin to me  :idk:.

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerCat LoverDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• the power of the scout's code
  • Respect: +256
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 02:51:53 PM »
To be honest, I think Ipounce would make a proper admin if he would just spend more time on the actual servers like shockah said, but that might just be that he doesn't want to get on when the servers are in "Temp." mode or maybe the fact he doesn't like TTT. Either way I think he's right for the position.
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 03:35:37 PM »
I really don't see how am I acting too quickly. I give out warnings on certain things, I ask people why they have done certain things, I try to follow the events going on the servers.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 04:27:47 PM »
As far as the three "suggested" candidates are concerned I haven't seen much, if any activity from any of them but Prox in the past month or so. What I don't want most of all is to have an inactive admin get promoted when there are plenty of viable candidates whom are extremely active. Of all the problems an admin could have this is the worst to me because it only punishes the community. If an admin abuses we can simply ban, if an admin breaks the rules in someway so drastically that it calls for a ban we can, but if an admin is inactive that admin "slot" has 0 usefulness what could have gone to someone enforcing the servers daily now belongs to someone who gets on the forums twice a week MAYBE. Regarding earlier concerns about the way Ipounce handles situations that call for it, I've also never seen him deal with any situations requiring a vips touch, and haven't seen Deacon on the servers period in about a month. To sum that portion up of the three proposed candidates in my personal opinion the only one who seems ready for the position as of now is Prox. The only problem I have with Prox occurs adversely in most people, where as they're afraid to act, I feel like he makes snap judgements and acts far too quickly before even taking the time to figure out what happened. That being said there's also the possibility that he could be talking to someone behind the scenes I'm sure we all do it from time to time, I know the regulars have been a boatload and a half of help since I obtained the position but that's still just a quality I've seen overall.

I haven't played much with Alkaline lately but I know I've seen him on a decent amount, I don't feel qualified to give an educated opinion on his potential in being an admin candidate.

tl;dr: Prox = viable candidate but can be a bit quick to act which concerns me Deacon = Really inactive recently plus all the aforementioned issues others have posted about short temper and stress and such Ipounce = Decently inactive on the actual servers however gladly plays with the other vips/admins on l4d2 just doesn't seem like an admin to me  :idk:.

The thing is, we have promoted people we considered trustworthy to VIP and they have abused it...

imagine if that happens with an admin?

New players in rNd would just leave the server if they get abused the first time they are playing or one of those.

Pretty much, with the time, Deacon, Prox and Ipounce has shown us that they're trustworthy people, and each one of them have got really good pros.

Deacon: He will ever give out and unfair punishment... Never.  By saying this, i wouldn't care if he got short temper with assholes and/or minges and just ban them right away when they break the rules.

Prox: I have see prox playing since i joined rNd, I believe he is pretty much ready for admin, since he have faced shittons of situations with rule breakers he know which is the best.

IPounce: From what i have experienced, cool headed, really friendly, only kick/ban when someone is fucking the game for others. 

Well this is from what i seen, in gmod and mc servers, maybe is not 100% ok for some people but heck this is what i think.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
  • Respect: +805
    • Random Gaming
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 04:35:47 PM »
And I propkilled you and another innocent when I was a traitor on crummy. I left because of the way you started to yell at me in ts3. I apologized afterward if you remember.

Dude, what? Don was there as well. You propkilled not one, but three innocents. One of them was the detective. I didn't yell at you in ts3, I messaged you over steam asking you why you would do that and said "you realize that's bannable, right?" You simply left the game after that and wouldn't respond to either of us and Don was actually considering telling coolz about it and that it was unacceptable. You eventually messaged me hours and hours later apologizing, yes. What happens when someone pisses you off in-game and you rage-ban them or abuse or something? You can't act first and apologize later. The action has to be prevented in the first place. I don't want to argue about this here lol, I was just stating my opinion. Carry on.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 04:55:26 PM »
Dude, what? Don was there as well. You propkilled not one, but three innocents. One of them was the detective. I didn't yell at you in ts3, I messaged you over steam asking you why you would do that and said "you realize that's bannable, right?" You simply left the game after that and wouldn't respond to either of us and Don was actually considering telling coolz about it and that it was unacceptable. You eventually messaged me hours and hours later apologizing, yes. What happens when someone pisses you off in-game and you rage-ban them or abuse or something? You can't act first and apologize later. The action has to be prevented in the first place. I don't want to argue about this here lol, I was just stating my opinion. Carry on.

Mistakes were made. I had thought forgiven as well.
And for the record, I don't like conflict, you must've said something that made me leave.

I would like to remind you that of all the times I have been "demoted" they were from my own issues.
Not once did I abuse the power I had. If you know of a time, please let me know (here. I'm not one to hide my issues).

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 05:06:51 PM »
Honestly, the only one I disagree with is iPounce. All I've ever see him do is act immature and go "LOL WOW U MAD" and shit like that.

But whatever, my opinion doesn't matter regardless. Deacon and Prox are cool for it though.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
  • Respect: +373
    • The Vault
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 06:55:57 PM »
I'm for IPounce and Prox can't really say anything about Deacon never really played with him...

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 07:09:06 PM »
The thing is, we have promoted people we considered trustworthy to VIP and they have abused it...

imagine if that happens with an admin?

New players in rNd would just leave the server if they get abused the first time they are playing or one of those.

Imagine if we don't have any authoritative figures online when needed, what will new players think then when the position could have gone to someone who actually plays frequently? Having inactive admins isn't what punishes the community directly it's not having active ones that does (That sounds weird). It is likely that another admin will not be promoted for a while after this batch is and as such we should make sure they actually still play on the servers they're meant to enforce.

Honestly, the only one I disagree with is iPounce. All I've ever see him do is act immature and go "LOL WOW U MAD" and shit like that.

Immaturity is probably my main reason for simply not seeing him with the qualities of an admin.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 07:24:23 PM »
Imagine if we don't have any authoritative figures online when needed, what will new players think then when the position could have gone to someone who actually plays frequently? Having inactive admins isn't what punishes the community directly it's not having active ones that does (That sounds weird). It is likely that another admin will not be promoted for a while after this batch is and as such we should make sure they actually still play on the servers they're meant to enforce.

Immaturity is probably my main reason for simply not seeing him with the qualities of an admin.

"better alone that in bad company"...

pretty much the ones that said coolz are the names that more he have heard of most, which he has heard of because people consider them trustworthy.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline jimonions

• the text below is true
  • Old Forum MemberWindows User
    View More Badges!

• the text above is not true
  • Respect: +589
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 08:30:38 PM »
Not sure about Ipounce but Deacon and Prox are cool.

Also add me again Deacon, I cant seem to find you in my steam friends unless you happened to change your name.

(JBanned) .:RND`=- DJ myppl8: if i eva become supa admin id ban moo and make hima guest

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 08:31:16 PM »
Not sure about Ipounce but Deacon and Prox are cool.

Also add me again Deacon, I cant seem to find you in my steam friends unless you happened to change your name.

Currently Takebacktherain

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 09:39:17 PM »
Alright so here is what i think..

Deacon, i played many times with him and i have always thought of him as a good candidate. He HAD personal issues i emphasize the HAD. Im sure if he had problems that would not allow him to administrate he would tell us. He is always nice as long as you are nice to him.

Ipounce, I don't ever recall playing with you on the server only once or twice on the server.. The only time I ever see him play something is when there are left 4 dead 2 games... While I do agree he is a nice and good guy, I just haven't seen him on the servers and have no way of knowing on how he would administrate.

Prox, I think he is good for admin. he too plays a lot of L4D2 but at the same time, he plays in the servers regularly even right know while it's in temp. He is nice, follows the rules, and actually helps to make out servers cleaner (hacker and rule breaker wise lol)

That is what I think.

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline [Valor]iPounce

• My Waifu
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserLeague PlayerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Fun things are Fun
  • Respect: +312
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 12:31:04 AM »
For all who says that I'm inactive.

Yes, I was inactive in the temp server because I'm getting bored of TTT. But in Jan-March, I was focusing in my Final Exam and Graduating High school.

"ς๏๏lzєl๔ค๔": WE RACIST
"KHMarie12": Fapping
"KHMarie12": lolwat; coolzeldad: iPounce stop making me think that I'm being ddos'd
[10:28] LazerBlade1: give me the thing