Author Topic: [PLEASE READ] Administration Promotions  (Read 741 times)

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
[PLEASE READ] Administration Promotions
« on: July 03, 2012, 04:45:20 AM »
I would like to provide a little transparency to potential promotions floating around in my head.

At this point I am considering the following in alphabetical order:

Deacon
iPounce
Prox

All of these candidates have been over and over recommended for administration.

They are all currently VIP's.

They may not be perfect but I believe I have also seen great qualities in them.

Now, I would like a community response to any of these promotions individually or together.

Feel free to post your responses if you have one. (Please post your opinion, this is your chance for me to read into your responses!)

======

Also a note to how I go about choosing the people to promote in case some are interested.

I have to know you, I will not choose you until I know enough about you to make an educated decision.

That being said the best ways to know me are through playing games while I am also on.

This allows me to see over time how you handle situations and react.

However, this becomes an issue for the limited time I actually do play the servers or other games.

Therefore I also seriously consider opinions from other Admins and VIP's.

However even with this I believe there are still a higher number of potential admin candidates.

If you think this is you and that I have not noticed your potential and willingness then please make the effort to get noticed, do something good for the community!

Getting involved in a good way is the best way to spread your interest in the community.

Admins and VIP's will start to notice you.. then maybe its time to suggest them to talk to me and post an admin application!

However, asking admins to post an application prematurely is not necessarily a good thing to do.. it might even hurt your chances at promotion!

But yes all of my admin promotions are completely bias on how well I see you as an admin.. many factors get considered per admin.

Anyway, I felt like providing a little clarity on the issue.

======

Also, I would like to point out.. I consider myself very understanding.

If you have anything you think you would like to tell me, don't hesitate if you feel it is necessary.

That includes any potential promotions, demotions, unwanted activity, or anything else community related.

I consider communication to absolutely fundamental in a community and I don't feel I have properly satisfied that component.

That being said, the best way to contact me when I'm online is Steam (steam user: coolzeldad). The best way offline is through forum PM.

Anyway, I appreciate those who read this and if you would please link this thread to anyone you know who has not yet read it.

Thanks guys and servers up in next week or so! ;)
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
Re: [PLEASE READ] Administration Promotions
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 05:18:39 AM »
AHHHHHHHH SERVERS

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 05:21:06 AM »
In my opinion, Prox, Deacon, and Ipounce would all make great admins. I've never noticed them abusing any of their power and they have always been active on the servers (or l4d2 :p).

Also, Prox helped out by posting a shitload of reports of SH back when the servers were up, which I think is a plus for a good admin.

All in all, I don't see why these guys shouldn't be admins.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 05:38:05 AM »
iPounce is online when all of guys are not. It's always good to have some admin activity that isn't always at the same time.
As for the others, I have barely played with them but they both have excellent activity on the forums.
I give them my support.

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:01:14 AM »
From all the times i've played with IPounce and Prox when the Servers were still on i have never seen them make wrong decisions.

I haven't played With Deacon much but i can say they would all make great Admins.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 09:32:03 AM »
   What about Alkaline? Alkaline is always aware of his decisions and he was one of the few VIPs that were active on Zs. He was also one of the few people who helped me to deal with all the trouble in stronghold. I've also seen him come to a different server if someone requested help. It really pains me to see how unnoticed he is for what he has been doing for the servers.

I think I could suggest Tiger Guy too, he seems to be active and reasonable when it comes to dealing with trouble, but I don't know him that much, although one thing I could say is that if he will remain active, he should be another active admin.

I have something to say about Deacon too. I'm really not sure if he should be promoted, at one point he seems to get upset and do questionable things, at another he was doing pretty well as a VIP when he was active on the servers, but he isn't now, perhaps that will change once the regular servers will go up.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 09:55:59 AM »
   What about Alkaline? Alkaline is always aware of his decisions and he was one of the few VIPs that were active on Zs. He was also one of the few people who helped me to deal with all the trouble in stronghold. I've also seen him come to a different server if someone requested help. It really pains me to see how unnoticed he is for what he has been doing for the servers.

I think I could suggest Tiger Guy too, he seems to be active and reasonable when it comes to dealing with trouble, but I don't know him that much, although one thing I could say is that if he will remain active, he should be another active admin.

I have something to say about Deacon too. I'm really not sure if he should be promoted, at one point he seems to get upset and do questionable things, at another he was doing pretty well as a VIP when he was active on the servers, but he isn't now, perhaps that will change once the regular servers will go up.

I can see Deacon having a short fuse, but I don't think that's always a bad thing.

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 11:05:33 AM »
All three are good examples our community and will do well as admins. All of them are calm and never stupid to a point in which they abuse their powers.

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 11:15:36 AM »
I can see Deacon having a short fuse, but I don't think that's always a bad thing.

Most of the time it can be, though.

The most worthy candidate on the list I see is Prox, although Deacon is good too. iPounce is ehhh, I love him but I'm just not sure.
Miami's Finest

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 11:17:24 AM »
Most of the time it can be, though.

The most worthy candidate on the list I see is Prox, although Deacon is good too. iPounce is ehhh, I love him but I'm just not sure.

sort of this i guess

I'm not completely sure on ipounce. He's responsible, but I just can't see him as an admin. Same with prox to a lesser extent, but I doubt that matters since I've been inactive on vacation for two weeks now.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »
I think these three would make fine admins. I may not know Prox personally but I've played in games with him before, and I have heard many things about him that wouldn't make me think otherwise. As for iPounce and Deacon, I play and talk to them enough to know that they would do a great job. They are all very smart, and I know they would fulfill their job responsibilities to the fullest, just as they have in the past. Every person has their flaws, but that doesn't mean those flaws should hold they back, if anything the added responsibility can help them over come these flaws that they might have, in my opinion.

If I had any other suggestion, I might suggest Alkaline as well. I've known him for a long time and he's always being helpful when in the servers.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 11:36:57 AM »
Didn't Deacon refuse admin or resign?
Miami's Finest

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 11:55:08 AM »
Seb, he did earlier, now he wants it again.
Anyhow, coolz, I love you. Maybe people will actually cut some of the shit on ab now...
But as for the promotions, my opinion still stands on Deacon. And keep in mind anything I say here is in no way personal and in no way mean to offend or attack anyone. I also don't want to go too far into detail with Deacon as a candidate because... I already did that a hell of a lot previously. I'll just sum it up by saying that I don't think Deacon is still quite ready. I think he may still be easily overwhelmed which may prevent him from acting in situations. This is understandable though, as you've got to remember most of the regular players on there aren't exactly friendly lol... Worst case scenario I see with Deacon being promoted would be Deacon being overwhelmed and possibly acting poorly in a situation to then lead to him resigning again. Or simply resigning before he does act poorly. Best case scenario I see is Deacon being promoted and proving me wrong obviously; dealing with unruly players, ignoring comments and accusations, etc.
And as I said in ab, Prox is the only one I'm absolutely certain that I want promoted, from that list. I also don't want to go into great detail of why I think he would be a good admin because I have again previously. So to sum it up I just think that Prox is good with handling situations and players and is also active and usually gets along with everyone.
For iPounce... I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. He's a friendly guy and everything, but I honestly haven't seen him handing situations often so I can't really say much on that. Not entirely sure if he's active either. So I guess I'm mostly neutral.

And for other suggestions in the thread:
I think Alkaline could be a decent promotion, but I also haven't seen all THAT much of him dealing with situations or players, so I'm not entirely sure. Leaning more to a yes however, as I've seen him a number of times joining the server and just watching out for stuff.
As for Tiger... I'm certain I don't want him promoted as of now. Again none of this is meant as an attack or to be taken offensively. Tiger doesn't seem to be bad with handling situations in-game and is currently a fairly good VIP. However, there's obviously some conflict with him and other players that as far as I know still haven't been resolved. If he were to be promoted I'm quite sure that further conflicts would be made between admins similar to which more or less earlier lead to Snivy and Don resigning and leaving. Not saying one person or even any person in particular is at fault for that, or would be at fault for that if it were to re-occur, but I'm just suggesting that it would most likely happen again. So my opinion on Tiger is also sort of similar to my opinion on Marie. For Marie I think she wouldn't necessarily be a bad admin and would be fine with her being promoted if it weren't for the community's response. For Tiger, I also think he wouldn't necessarily be a bad admin however I want to prevent further conflict between the community and administration.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 12:24:25 PM »
I'd like to say a few things again. First off, prox is great. iPounce would probably be too, but I haven't played with him lately.

And about myself; don't forget I have a full time job. A promotion for me won't seem like much because I work most of the time.

While I'm not denying the validity of your concerns, I don't feel that they would be a problem anymore. That's a story I'm not publicizing. I also feel that I would have to worry much less about trying to gather evidence before taking action. That is where most of the stress comes from as a VIP.

You'll be spectating an rdmer trying to record it for a report, but you'll miss the speedhacker that joined. Then everyone in the room yells at you for missing it.

At any rate, a promotion for me would be for you guys. I'm still playing (green shift COUGH) regardless...the same amount of time I can dedicate either way.

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
  • Respect: +805
    • Random Gaming
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 12:28:15 PM »
I used to be completely for the promotion of Deacon 110%. However, it's not that I redact the good traits I mentioned about him on his admin app, but it's more that I've noticed other ones that seem to nullify them. My primary concern with him at this point is his extremely short temper. For example: About a week or so ago Devie sent a few people this screamer and we all clicked on it an got scared as hell. A typical thing to do is then to see if you can get your friends with it, which I decided to do. I did it to plenty of people, one of them being deacon. The second he clicked it instead of taking it for what it was, a joke obviously, he got extremely pissed off and it ended up with him removing and blocking me.

While this has nothing to do with the servers or the community as a whole, it's a prime example of his inability to take in an entire situation and think it over before taking action. I have also noticed him in TTT several times basically doing something questionable that might be against the rules and then simply leaving when I, or anyone else, mention it.

Lastly, if Deacon gets promoted it will not be the end of the world. I'm sure he could handle it better than most. All I am saying is that this is something we need to take into consideration and fully understand before promoting him.

I will post my opinion on the other potential candidates at a later date.