Author Topic: Shut down Anonyboards  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
  • Respect: +1236
Shut down Anonyboards
« on: April 16, 2012, 03:52:26 PM »
They are nothing but shitstorm/talk shit about other users sort of thing. Rarely are there any funny games threads. They are nothing but bad and an excuse to insult other users.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:55:22 PM by Supertoaster »

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
Re: Shut down Anonyboards
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 04:05:09 PM »
Nope.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 04:19:29 PM »
I agree. That or not allowing users to be such assholes... half the stuff posted on there if someone were to post it on the regular forums, they would get a ban/warning.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 04:36:07 PM »
I think it's already been discussed before, and the projected answer was no.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 04:44:13 PM »
+2
Stop caring.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
    View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 04:48:13 PM »
+4
If you hate it so much, don't go there.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »
After looking at the anonyboard just now after a long time, I don't think it should actually be removed. There's a shitload of stupid people acting for reactions, making insults at every possible moments, etc... and even though everyone loves to express how much they dislike me and my "unintelligible shitposts" and whatever, there are actually some discussions there and stuff... so I wouldn't take it down. I just wish that people weren't allowed to make 2 page long posts about how terribly they hate someone or a group of people... though the one page I looked at on there didn't surprisingly have too much of that.

EDIT:
Snivy, stop caring about peoples' caring. Clearly you don't like reading what people are saying about stuff like this, so just ignore it. Posting stuff like "stop caring" every time you see a thread like this isn't going to change anything.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 05:00:14 PM »
Snivy, stop caring about peoples' caring. Clearly you don't like reading what people are saying about stuff like this, so just ignore it. Posting stuff like "stop caring" every time you see a thread like this isn't going to change anything.

It's more annoying when people start complaining just because someone said one bad thing about them.

Something like the AB is easy to ignore, and just not give a fuck about.

It's hard to do that when people can't handle the criticism that goes on in there, and have to constantly whine and complain about it though.

So that's why I said "stop caring". Because the people complaining are worse than the people making the posts in the actual board.

Look at Frank. I remember a few threads centered around him, and he's even AGAINST it's removal.

If you dig past the hateful comments people throw in, the core of what they're trying to say is always right. How you use that information is up to you.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:07:26 PM by Snivy M.D. »

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »
The problem is that most people want to be able to make a complaint under the veil of anon. If they make a complaint on the forums, they risk the chance of ruining their whole reputation and not being taken seriously.

The problem is that people just don't take the board seriously and shit post all over the place. About all the threads that start out serious end up being a shitfest. That's the bad thing about being under the veil of anon.

The anon board is actually a good thing in my opinion. They keep about 75% of the shitstorms from spawning on these forums.

Think of it this way, would you rather have shitstorms on there, or here. If it's over there, no one will know who the other person is (unless they make it out to be them), and it usually blows over in a days time. Over here, everyone knows who the other person is, and it usually ends up bad.

Also, don't take the anon boards shit posts worth a grain of salt.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 05:09:10 PM »
Even though there's a bunch of shitstorms against of people and bronies there... I say no. Some threads have legitimate posts and viewpoints of things. People who say they have no balls for posting there because the reason is those people don't want to lose respect or insult others directly in their face.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 05:12:05 PM »
It's more annoying when people start complaining just because someone said one bad thing about them.

Something like the AB is easy to ignore, and just not give a fuck about.

It's hard to do that when people can't handle the criticism that goes on in there, and have to constantly whine and complain about it though.

So that's why I said "stop caring". Because the people complaining are worse than the people making the posts in the actual board.

Look at Frank. I remember a few threads centered around him, and he's even AGAINST it's removal.

If you dig paste the hateful comments people throw in, the core of what they're trying to say is always right. How you use that information is up to you.
Thing is it's not criticism people are complaining about... it's people letting go and being outright dicks to every breathing member because there will be no punishments.
Also...
I just said I don't want it fully removed too, even though if you go in there 3/4 of all threads have some insult about me in some way. And I don't even go on the anonyboards either, unless someone points something out to me, where I'm pretty sure Franks a somewhat frequent user of the board...
See thing is, the board is just centred around hating other members currently, and whether you care or not, a lot of people do and it's CONSTANTLY complained about for in what my opinion is good reason... So, a lot of people are upset about what all of the people are doing on the anony boards and a lot offended. So just leave it there, because they can simply not look at it if they don't want to see it?
That's like if people were posting extremely racist content of some sort, supporting the killing of everyone but X race, and then people complaining about it here, but your argument being "If you don't like it, don't go on the board". Clearly, if people were posting content like that, something would be done. And I think that's a good example as well, as I know you're going to argue that... seeing as it may be a bit more extreme than what's currently going on, but it's the same situation where a lot of users are offended and annoyed but no one's really breaking any severe rules such as posting links to viruses and such; or illegal content that could threaten shutting down the site.

EDIT:
Tiger, I would actually prefer anything like that to be on these forums because then conflicts could actually get solved, where if it's on the anonyboard people drop back to preschool and fling insults at each other just to piss everyone off. Here, people are more inclined to have an actual discussion.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
    View More Badges!

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 05:16:27 PM »
User as in viewer. I barely post. If I post, it's usually a reverse post or a copy/paste. Sometimes I do post serious things. And closing anon is like saying "I don't want to be mugged, so forbid everyone from walking on the streets".

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 05:23:14 PM »
User as in viewer. I barely post. If I post, it's usually a reverse post or a copy/paste. Sometimes I do post serious things. And closing anon is like saying "I don't want to be mugged, so forbid everyone from walking on the streets".
That's why I said user rather than poster.
Also, I agree with that last statement, because I don't want anon closed. I would be fine with it but I won't support closing it either. But rather, what I want is for it to actually have faint rules to keep people from outright bashing each other, which by your analogy would be "I don't want people to be mugged, so monitor the streets and add gun laws".

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »
That's like if people were posting extremely racist content of some sort, supporting the killing of everyone but X race, and then people complaining about it here, but your argument being "If you don't like it, don't go on the board". Clearly, if people were posting content like that, something would be done.

seeing as it may be a bit more extreme than what's currently going on, but it's the same situation where a lot of users are offended and annoyed but no one's really breaking any severe rules such as posting links to viruses and such; or illegal content that could threaten shutting down the site.

And I think that's a good example as well

> Give an example
> Claim it's a good example
> Proceed to explain why it's a horrible example

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
    View More Badges!

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 05:38:24 PM »
That's why I said user rather than poster.
Also, I agree with that last statement, because I don't want anon closed. I would be fine with it but I won't support closing it either. But rather, what I want is for it to actually have faint rules to keep people from outright bashing each other, which by your analogy would be "I don't want people to be mugged, so monitor the streets and add gun laws".
Then that'd be shitting on the entire face of freedom. If people wanted to post things and be controlled, they'd just come here. Hurr.