Author Topic: TTT votemap limit  (Read 298 times)

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
Re: TTT votemap limit
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 11:56:53 AM »
What shockah said.

Plus, it's even easier on that map to take advantage of chaos than on other maps - i.e, when one of your T buddies is caught and everyone is running behind him, just shoot people chasing him while pretending to kill your buddy. 99% of people won't notice and even call you proven afterwards.

I've done this many time.  Gotta upload videos of it sometime besides the one I already have.  :d

IMO though this is a side conversation that slightly detracts from the issue of maps being overplayed.

EDIT:  SERIOUSLY, WE NEED A FUCKING CHANGE

CRAZY_CUBES_B1 HAS BEEN PICKED FOR THE MAP WE PLAY EVERY OTHER MAP FOR THE LAST 10 FUCKING HOURS.  WHY can't we just have the fucking old system in place - or have ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW?  WHY when you bring it up are people so fucking defensive / hostile about picking the same goddammed map every other time?  Are we in the goddammed Twilight ZoneTM or something?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:47:02 PM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 08:48:18 PM »
I would like conspiracy to be added, but I have PM'ed Xrain about 4 times in regards to it (over the course of several weeks), and have not yet got a reply. 

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 09:51:46 PM »
I would like conspiracy to be added, but I have PM'ed Xrain about 4 times in regards to it (over the course of several weeks), and have not yet got a reply. 
YES! FUCK YEA! Now if he can be bothered to read the PM some changes could be made. I love conspiracy!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:55:35 AM by Samo8412 »

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +377
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 12:13:30 PM »
I still want TTT_downtown to be added.

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 02:15:48 PM »
Its a wonderfully good map  ;)

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
  • Respect: +635
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 10:24:19 PM »

My apologies tezuni, I really have been meaning to add it however, I have been getting really bogged down in rl stuff for a while.

I can't promise when I'll get it on, I would just add it but I am concerned none of the weapons will spawn properly. I have been meaning to set aside time to fix all the weapon scripts for the maps, but it hasn't been happening.

As for the votemap limit, the previous one was a custom written script specific for coolz's server, I have the base of it, that is what is installed now but haven't had any time to play with it to make it work for multiple map changes.
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 09:01:31 AM »
My apologies tezuni, I really have been meaning to add it however, I have been getting really bogged down in rl stuff for a while.

I can't promise when I'll get it on, I would just add it but I am concerned none of the weapons will spawn properly. I have been meaning to set aside time to fix all the weapon scripts for the maps, but it hasn't been happening.

As for the votemap limit, the previous one was a custom written script specific for coolz's server, I have the base of it, that is what is installed now but haven't had any time to play with it to make it work for multiple map changes.

When you have time [being bogged down, understandably], PLEASE try to spruce it up, add it, as we need it badly, it has been nothing but cubes, temple, whitehouse, crummy over and over and over and over...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 05:31:40 PM »
thanks xrain  :rasta:

Offline toehawk

• the best cure for anything is a bullet
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 05:39:45 PM »
i think a cool solution to this problem would be every 2-3 maps having a random map picked, so that people can still vote 2 times than hav a more rare map the 3rd time. just a thought

Offline This Cactus

• Windows UserApple UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• im gey~ | I'm just an average kid who likes gaming
  • Respect: +274
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 08:49:40 PM »
I'm freaking tired of crazy cubes, Lost Temple, Crummy being played over and over again and again, And when they want to repeat a map I keep on telling them to vote other maps but they won't listen. So I'd rather have limits some sort of like 10 like the Perma Servers.
Thanks gamefreak!

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 08:44:50 PM »
I'm freaking tired of crazy cubes, Lost Temple, Crummy being played over and over again and again, And when they want to repeat a map I keep on telling them to vote other maps but they won't listen. So I'd rather have limits some sort of like 10 like the Perma Servers.

A few more maps have been added so I wouldn't mind a 5 limit but it's not imperative, today I got on and played 8 games of those 8 games only one map was replayed which was lost temple. There's enough maps now that there shouldn't be any real back to back play.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 09:36:49 PM »
Can you please remove c17ruins, OR put guns on it?

Currently there are no guns - only detectives and Traitors are able to do more than crowbar each other / fully enjoy the games on that map, everybody else is left to do nothing, try [and fail] to fend for themselves - and no, hardly anyone votes enough to force change.

The map can be fun - just needs guns.