.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Suggestions => Topic started by: Supertoaster on April 16, 2012, 03:52:26 PM

Title: Shut down Anonyboards
Post by: Supertoaster on April 16, 2012, 03:52:26 PM
They are nothing but shitstorm/talk shit about other users sort of thing. Rarely are there any funny games threads. They are nothing but bad and an excuse to insult other users.
Title: Re: Shut down Anonyboards
Post by: Frank on April 16, 2012, 04:05:09 PM
Nope.
Post by: Sabb on April 16, 2012, 04:19:29 PM
I agree. That or not allowing users to be such assholes... half the stuff posted on there if someone were to post it on the regular forums, they would get a ban/warning.
Post by: Cake Faice on April 16, 2012, 04:36:07 PM
I think it's already been discussed before, and the projected answer was no.
Post by: Deathie on April 16, 2012, 04:44:13 PM
Stop caring.
Post by: Frank on April 16, 2012, 04:48:13 PM
If you hate it so much, don't go there.
Post by: Sabb on April 16, 2012, 04:50:32 PM
After looking at the anonyboard just now after a long time, I don't think it should actually be removed. There's a shitload of stupid people acting for reactions, making insults at every possible moments, etc... and even though everyone loves to express how much they dislike me and my "unintelligible shitposts" and whatever, there are actually some discussions there and stuff... so I wouldn't take it down. I just wish that people weren't allowed to make 2 page long posts about how terribly they hate someone or a group of people... though the one page I looked at on there didn't surprisingly have too much of that.

EDIT:
Snivy, stop caring about peoples' caring. Clearly you don't like reading what people are saying about stuff like this, so just ignore it. Posting stuff like "stop caring" every time you see a thread like this isn't going to change anything.
Post by: Deathie on April 16, 2012, 05:00:14 PM
Snivy, stop caring about peoples' caring. Clearly you don't like reading what people are saying about stuff like this, so just ignore it. Posting stuff like "stop caring" every time you see a thread like this isn't going to change anything.

It's more annoying when people start complaining just because someone said one bad thing about them.

Something like the AB is easy to ignore, and just not give a fuck about.

It's hard to do that when people can't handle the criticism that goes on in there, and have to constantly whine and complain about it though.

So that's why I said "stop caring". Because the people complaining are worse than the people making the posts in the actual board.

Look at Frank. I remember a few threads centered around him, and he's even AGAINST it's removal.

If you dig past the hateful comments people throw in, the core of what they're trying to say is always right. How you use that information is up to you.
Post by: Tiger Guy on April 16, 2012, 05:07:00 PM
The problem is that most people want to be able to make a complaint under the veil of anon. If they make a complaint on the forums, they risk the chance of ruining their whole reputation and not being taken seriously.

The problem is that people just don't take the board seriously and shit post all over the place. About all the threads that start out serious end up being a shitfest. That's the bad thing about being under the veil of anon.

The anon board is actually a good thing in my opinion. They keep about 75% of the shitstorms from spawning on these forums.

Think of it this way, would you rather have shitstorms on there, or here. If it's over there, no one will know who the other person is (unless they make it out to be them), and it usually blows over in a days time. Over here, everyone knows who the other person is, and it usually ends up bad.

Also, don't take the anon boards shit posts worth a grain of salt.
Post by: blαh2355 on April 16, 2012, 05:09:10 PM
Even though there's a bunch of shitstorms against of people and bronies there... I say no. Some threads have legitimate posts and viewpoints of things. People who say they have no balls for posting there because the reason is those people don't want to lose respect or insult others directly in their face.
Post by: Sabb on April 16, 2012, 05:12:05 PM
It's more annoying when people start complaining just because someone said one bad thing about them.

Something like the AB is easy to ignore, and just not give a fuck about.

It's hard to do that when people can't handle the criticism that goes on in there, and have to constantly whine and complain about it though.

So that's why I said "stop caring". Because the people complaining are worse than the people making the posts in the actual board.

Look at Frank. I remember a few threads centered around him, and he's even AGAINST it's removal.

If you dig paste the hateful comments people throw in, the core of what they're trying to say is always right. How you use that information is up to you.
Thing is it's not criticism people are complaining about... it's people letting go and being outright dicks to every breathing member because there will be no punishments.
Also...
I just said I don't want it fully removed too, even though if you go in there 3/4 of all threads have some insult about me in some way. And I don't even go on the anonyboards either, unless someone points something out to me, where I'm pretty sure Franks a somewhat frequent user of the board...
See thing is, the board is just centred around hating other members currently, and whether you care or not, a lot of people do and it's CONSTANTLY complained about for in what my opinion is good reason... So, a lot of people are upset about what all of the people are doing on the anony boards and a lot offended. So just leave it there, because they can simply not look at it if they don't want to see it?
That's like if people were posting extremely racist content of some sort, supporting the killing of everyone but X race, and then people complaining about it here, but your argument being "If you don't like it, don't go on the board". Clearly, if people were posting content like that, something would be done. And I think that's a good example as well, as I know you're going to argue that... seeing as it may be a bit more extreme than what's currently going on, but it's the same situation where a lot of users are offended and annoyed but no one's really breaking any severe rules such as posting links to viruses and such; or illegal content that could threaten shutting down the site.

EDIT:
Tiger, I would actually prefer anything like that to be on these forums because then conflicts could actually get solved, where if it's on the anonyboard people drop back to preschool and fling insults at each other just to piss everyone off. Here, people are more inclined to have an actual discussion.
Post by: Frank on April 16, 2012, 05:16:27 PM
User as in viewer. I barely post. If I post, it's usually a reverse post or a copy/paste. Sometimes I do post serious things. And closing anon is like saying "I don't want to be mugged, so forbid everyone from walking on the streets".
Post by: Sabb on April 16, 2012, 05:23:14 PM
User as in viewer. I barely post. If I post, it's usually a reverse post or a copy/paste. Sometimes I do post serious things. And closing anon is like saying "I don't want to be mugged, so forbid everyone from walking on the streets".
That's why I said user rather than poster.
Also, I agree with that last statement, because I don't want anon closed. I would be fine with it but I won't support closing it either. But rather, what I want is for it to actually have faint rules to keep people from outright bashing each other, which by your analogy would be "I don't want people to be mugged, so monitor the streets and add gun laws".
Post by: Deathie on April 16, 2012, 05:35:14 PM
That's like if people were posting extremely racist content of some sort, supporting the killing of everyone but X race, and then people complaining about it here, but your argument being "If you don't like it, don't go on the board". Clearly, if people were posting content like that, something would be done.

seeing as it may be a bit more extreme than what's currently going on, but it's the same situation where a lot of users are offended and annoyed but no one's really breaking any severe rules such as posting links to viruses and such; or illegal content that could threaten shutting down the site.

And I think that's a good example as well

> Give an example
> Claim it's a good example
> Proceed to explain why it's a horrible example
Post by: Frank on April 16, 2012, 05:38:24 PM
That's why I said user rather than poster.
Also, I agree with that last statement, because I don't want anon closed. I would be fine with it but I won't support closing it either. But rather, what I want is for it to actually have faint rules to keep people from outright bashing each other, which by your analogy would be "I don't want people to be mugged, so monitor the streets and add gun laws".
Then that'd be shitting on the entire face of freedom. If people wanted to post things and be controlled, they'd just come here. Hurr.
Post by: Sabb on April 16, 2012, 05:41:37 PM
> Give an example
That didn't explain how it's a horrible example in any way by my opinion. I don't care if you think it's a stretch, as I see it, it's not.

Then that'd be shitting on the entire face of freedom. If people wanted to post things and be controlled, they'd just come here. Hurr.
No, people will still post things there as it's still anonymous, they just wouldn't be allowed to brutally insult each other.
Post by: Samo on April 16, 2012, 05:44:22 PM
I don't give a flying f*** about them. But they do help. Just leave it alone. This may trigger another shitstorm.
Post by: Deathie on April 16, 2012, 05:50:41 PM
I don't give a flying f*** about them. But they do help. Just leave it alone.

Pretty much this.

Nobody is going to jump out and murder you in the anon boards.

Nobody is talking about forming a new KKK and plotting a mass genocide.

Someone just called you out for "x reason" and now you have to go and cry about it.
Post by: Sabb on April 16, 2012, 06:01:38 PM
Pretty much this.

Nobody is going to jump out and murder you in the anon boards.

Nobody is talking about forming a new KKK and plotting a mass genocide.

Someone just called you out for "x reason" and now you have to go and cry about it.
You say that like I'm suggesting slightly changing the board because of my personal feelings/bias. I don't care how stupid or juvenile you think I am, if you knew me even the slightest, I'm actually extremely nice and simply want for everyone to be treated fairly. A lot of people complain about what's said on the anonyboards. I'm doing this so no one has to complain any more. If you'd look for a second, I don't believe I have ever made even one thread or significant post of me complaining about how people refer to me on the anonyboards. I really can't care much about that. I hear stupid shit all the time.
Also, I didn't say PLOTTING anything in my example... that would be something that could potentially shut down the site. I simply said extreme racism. You really need to start paying attention more to what I'm specifically saying...
Post by: Deathie on April 16, 2012, 06:08:46 PM
You say that like I'm suggesting slightly changing the board because of my personal feelings/bias. I don't care how stupid or juvenile you think I am, if you knew me even the slightest, I'm actually extremely nice and simply want for everyone to be treated fairly. A lot of people complain about what's said on the anonyboards. I'm doing this so no one has to complain any more. If you'd look for a second, I don't believe I have ever made even one thread or significant post of me complaining about how people refer to me on the anonyboards. I really can't care much about that. I hear stupid shit all the time.
Also, I didn't say PLOTTING anything in my example... that would be something that could potentially shut down the site. I simply said extreme racism. You really need to start paying attention more to what I'm specifically saying...

Again, you jump to conclusions and assume I was talking about you.

I was talking about the people complaining about what's said and want it shut down.

Also, that wouldn't even get the site shut down. I hope you realize how the internet works.

Anyways, you're giving me a headache so I'm going to go take a nap or something.
Post by: Frank on April 16, 2012, 06:19:23 PM
I think Steam chats should be censored. I've been told that some people have said bad things about me on that platform.
Post by: Sabb on April 16, 2012, 06:22:35 PM
Again, you jump to conclusions and assume I was talking about you.

I was talking about the people complaining about what's said and want it shut down.

Also, that wouldn't even get the site shut down. I hope you realize how the internet works.

Anyways, you're giving me a headache so I'm going to go take a nap or something.
I do understand... and yes, I assumed that was somewhat directed at me (not fully I know...) as, well, this whole damn thread has been pretty much. And I said potentially shut down. coolz had mentioned stuff previously about some of that with what kind of content they allow him to have on the website. I'm not saying the FBI's going to break down coolz' door for plotting mass genocide...
Post by: Don on April 16, 2012, 10:47:14 PM
If every second thread complains about you/insults you, shouldn't that tell you something?
Post by: Samo on April 17, 2012, 12:13:38 AM
Can't you just stop with your arguments, they aren't going to change a thing. Remember, this is a suggestion, and suggestions rarely pass. We might as well lock the thread. And maybe you two can argue on the Anonyboards :)
Post by: Sabb on April 17, 2012, 07:01:47 AM
If every second thread complains about you/insults you, shouldn't that tell you something?
Nope, because the only real complaints/insults are from Snivy.
And obviously you support him. This isn't new.
Post by: Sabb on April 17, 2012, 07:03:44 AM
Can't you just stop with your arguments, they aren't going to change a thing. Remember, this is a suggestion, and suggestions rarely pass. We might as well lock the thread. And maybe you two can argue on the Anonyboards :)
If there isn't a long drawn out argument about things like this, then there will CONSTANTLY be smaller arguments about it in other threads even more-off topic. That's basically how it is here, so I don't really plan on stopping until something happens or it gets to the point that Snivy will actually leave the discussion to PM's.
Post by: Don on April 17, 2012, 08:23:31 AM
Nope, because the only real complaints/insults are from Snivy.
And obviously you support him. This isn't new.
So you complain about Jman dismissing all arguments against him, then proceed to do the exact same thing?
Good job.
Post by: Sabb on April 17, 2012, 08:34:23 AM
So you complain about Jman dismissing all arguments against him, then proceed to do the exact same thing?
Good job.
In what sort of a way have I dismissed any arguments by you?
I simply said that the only people really complaining about me is Snivy... and now you...
Anyone else posting is just disagreeing with what I suggested.
So, if it makes you happy, that tells me that you and Snivy simply have some bias against me, and express that in probably the worst manner, as usual. In the situation I've done not a single thing wrong, aside from possibly ranting on too much about stuff not directly related to the topic.
Post by: Don on April 17, 2012, 08:38:13 AM
In what sort of a way have I dismissed any arguments by you?
I simply said that the only people really complaining about me is Snivy... and now you...
Anyone else posting is just disagreeing with what I suggested.
So, if it makes you happy, that tells me that you and Snivy simply have some bias against me, and express that in probably the worst manor, as usual. In the situation I've done not a single thing wrong, aside from possibly ranting on too much about stuff not directly related to the topic.

I never even said you dismissed arguments by me, nor have I ever agreed or disagreed with anything Snivy said. And you mentioned yourself that 3/4 of the threads in the anonyboard complain about you.

But yeah, good jumping to conclusions that aren't even backed up by anything I said.
And obviously, if people are complaining about you, you haven't "not done a single thing wrong", otherwise they wouldn't have to complain in the first place.
Post by: ursus on April 17, 2012, 08:44:35 AM
And this is why we can't have serious threads.

and express that in probably the worst manor,

(http://images.wikia.com/harrypotterfanon/images/1/18/AdareManor.jpg)
Post by: Sabb on April 17, 2012, 08:44:47 AM
I never even said you dismissed arguments by me, nor have I ever agreed or disagreed with anything Snivy said. And you mentioned yourself that 3/4 of the threads in the anonyboard complain about you.

But yeah, good jumping to conclusions that aren't even backed up by anything I said.
And obviously, if people are complaining about you, you haven't "not done a single thing wrong", otherwise they wouldn't have to complain in the first place.
You can see why I thought you were talking about this thread not the anonyboards...
And I haven't said I've never done a single wrong, I'm saying that in this situation I haven't, not that no one should have anything to complain about with me. Half the shit isn't even from my actions however, people such as you, Snivy, and Gamefreak as far as I know, simply don't like me and love to complain about me and how I talk. I can't really care any less.

EDIT:
And this is why we can't have serious threads.
This sure looks like a serious thread to me. Just semi-off topic.

Not to mention, I did try to bring the discussion to PM's, but it clearly got brought back up into this thread and several others.
Post by: Don on April 17, 2012, 08:46:50 AM
You can see why I thought you were talking about this thread not the anonyboards...
And I haven't said I've never done a single wrong, I'm saying that in this situation I haven't, not that no one should have anything to complain about with me. Half the shit isn't even from my actions however, people such as you, Snivy, and Gamefreak as far as I know, simply don't like me and love to complain about me and how I talk. I can't really care any less.

EDIT:This sure looks like a serious thread to me. Just semi-off topic.
Lol okay.
This isn't worth my time, I'd rather talk with my nail clipper. At least that one can actually grasp the human language and doesn't dismiss any and all things against him as "you don't like me you don't matter I don't care xD".
Post by: Sabb on April 17, 2012, 08:50:34 AM
Lol okay.
This isn't worth my time, I'd rather talk with my nail clipper. At least that one can actually grasp the human language and doesn't dismiss any and all things against him as "you don't like me you don't matter I don't care xD".
I'm not dismissing all arguments by saying "don't like me doesn't matter don't care"...
I'm saying that you two are simply acting like that seemingly because you just don't like me, as I haven't truly done anything wrong in this situation... I'm not ignoring all arguments and points by everyone saying "lol you just don't like me argument invalid". I've clearly backed up every single point in this thread against me, yet you two (mainly Snivy) simply like to continue posting the same arguments, no matter how many times I explain something.
Post by: Don on April 17, 2012, 08:53:36 AM
I'm not dismissing all arguments by saying "don't like me doesn't matter don't care"...
I'm saying that you two are simply acting like that seemingly because you just don't like me, as I haven't truly done anything wrong in this situation... I'm not ignoring all arguments and points by everyone saying "lol you just don't like me argument invalid". I've clearly backed up every single point in this thread against me, yet you two (mainly Snivy) simply like to continue posting the same arguments, no matter how many times I explain something.

LOL
do you actually believe what you're saying?

You just contradicted yourself AGAIN right then and there.

people such as you, Snivy, and Gamefreak as far as I know, simply don't like me and love to complain about me and how I talk. I can't really care any less.

But okay, I get it that everyone complaining about you is invalid and only does it because they hate you, lol.
Post by: Sabb on April 17, 2012, 08:54:56 AM
LOL
do you actually believe what you're saying?

You just contradicted yourself AGAIN right then and there.

But okay, I get it that everyone complaining about you is invalid and only does it because they hate you, lol.
Just like Snivy, read the portions you want, dismiss the rest. Not defending myself on that again...
Post by: Don on April 17, 2012, 08:56:16 AM
Just like Snivy, read the portions you want, dismiss the rest. Not defending myself on that again...
Lol okay.
Yeah, how could I forget these words which totally change the sentence:
Half the shit isn't even from my actions however, people such as you, Snivy, and Gamefreak as far as I know, simply don't like me and love to complain about me and how I talk. I can't really care any less.

Still the exact same message - you believe people only complain about you because they dislike you, not for any other reason.
Post by: Sabb on April 17, 2012, 09:00:37 AM
Lol okay.
Yeah, how could I forget these words which totally change the sentence:
Still the exact same message - you believe people only complain about you because they dislike you, not for any other reason.
No, I believe you and Snivy are complaining about me right now making a big issue over I don't even know what because you've got some bias on me. I'm not saying that's what every person who makes a complaint about my does. For example there was a few thing son the anonyboards I read that I do realize I do, which people can complain for idc... but every single argument in this thread from you two has just been extremely stupid to try and shut me down.
Post by: Don on April 17, 2012, 09:02:24 AM
No, I believe you and Snivy are complaining about me right now making a big issue over I don't even know what because you've got some bias on me. I'm not saying that's what every person who makes a complaint about my does. For example there was a few thing son the anonyboards I read that I do realize I do, which people can complain for idc... but every single argument in this thread from you two has just been extremely stupid to try and shut me down.
Sigh.
I'm not going to bother anymore.
This is worse than talking to a wall.

And this is a prime example of why talking to you is a waste of time. I don't know if you actually believe the things you're saying (I hope not), but this is a new level of stupidity and/or stubbornness:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Post by: ursus on April 17, 2012, 09:04:46 AM

i'd like to interject that you haven't presented even one example for your arguments so far

seriously, i can't even find one

Post by: Sabb on April 17, 2012, 09:08:45 AM
Sigh.
I'm not going to bother anymore.
This is worse than talking to a wall.
All arguments summed up:
>people complaining about me
>make several valid points to explain/disprove arguments
>after several repetitive arguments restating the exact same things in different wording because you refuse to try and actually understand what I'm saying; or just render it irrelevant/invalid
>insert sarcastic comment to insult other person in juvenile manor rather than discuss something

For once, can't we discuss something without doing that? As in, without all the juvenile comments/insults/sarcasm/whatever.

EDIT:
gamefreak, are you referring to me not giving an example of how Don and Snivy are simply refusing to acknowledge what I say, or for me acknowledging other peoples' arguments on the anonyboards (probably from you) which I can admit that I've done wrong?
Post by: ursus on April 17, 2012, 09:12:43 AM

EDIT:
gamefreak, are you referring to me not giving an example of how Don and Snivy are simply refusing to acknowledge what I say, or for me acknowledging other peoples' arguments on the anonyboards (probably from you) which I can admit that I've done wrong?

I stopped posting on the AB a month or two ago, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. What I'm referring to is that, unless I've missed something, almost all of your arguments have been assertions. I'm not saying they're either right or wrong, but I am saying they're unsupported.
Post by: Sabb on April 17, 2012, 09:23:51 AM
I stopped posting on the AB a month or two ago, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. What I'm referring to is that, unless I've missed something, almost all of your arguments have been assertions. I'm not saying they're either right or wrong, but I am saying they're unsupported.
They're kind of supported by the entire thread and my quoting but okay...

Here Snivy completely ignores my wall ox text and points out that I used a bad example, in his opinion, rather than arguing my actual points:
Thing is it's not criticism people are complaining about... it's people letting go and being outright dicks to every breathing member because there will be no punishments.
Also...I just said I don't want it fully removed too, even though if you go in there 3/4 of all threads have some insult about me in some way. And I don't even go on the anonyboards either, unless someone points something out to me, where I'm pretty sure Franks a somewhat frequent user of the board...
See thing is, the board is just centred around hating other members currently, and whether you care or not, a lot of people do and it's CONSTANTLY complained about for in what my opinion is good reason... So, a lot of people are upset about what all of the people are doing on the anony boards and a lot offended. So just leave it there, because they can simply not look at it if they don't want to see it?
That's like if people were posting extremely racist content of some sort, supporting the killing of everyone but X race, and then people complaining about it here, but your argument being "If you don't like it, don't go on the board". Clearly, if people were posting content like that, something would be done. And I think that's a good example as well, as I know you're going to argue that... seeing as it may be a bit more extreme than what's currently going on, but it's the same situation where a lot of users are offended and annoyed but no one's really breaking any severe rules such as posting links to viruses and such; or illegal content that could threaten shutting down the site.

EDIT:
Tiger, I would actually prefer anything like that to be on these forums because then conflicts could actually get solved, where if it's on the anonyboard people drop back to preschool and fling insults at each other just to piss everyone off. Here, people are more inclined to have an actual discussion.
> Give an example

Here, Don completely ignores what I'm trying to explain and jumps to the usual conclusion that I'm simply dismissing arguments by saying people don't like me and it doesn't matter:

EDIT:This sure looks like a serious thread to me. Just semi-off topic.

Not to mention, I did try to bring the discussion to PM's, but it clearly got brought back up into this thread and several others.
Lol okay.
And then of course just the post above where Don said that I'm again not worth his time, not explaining anything, only trying to insult me and ignore what I say, which is now edited with Don quoting me and not explaining why he thinks I'm an idiot yet again, though obviously for thinking what I said is obviously wrong, which it isn't. Happens in every single argument.

And last, the stuff I'm actually talking about from AB which I can admit to having done wrong is mostly fairly old now I suppose, so I don't doubt you posted at least some of it and I don't really care if you did. I don't really find anything wrong with some of the things posted about me at all.

Post by: ursus on April 17, 2012, 09:28:43 AM
They're kind of supported by the entire thread and my quoting but okay...

Here Snivy completely ignores my wall ox text and points out that I used a bad example, in his opinion, rather than arguing my actual points:
Here, Don completely ignores what I'm trying to explain and jumps to the usual conclusion that I'm simply dismissing arguments by saying people don't like me and it doesn't matter:And then of course just the post above where Don said that I'm again not worth his time, not explaining anything, only trying to insult me and ignore what I say, which is now edited with Don quoting me and not explaining why he thinks I'm an idiot yet again, though obviously for thinking what I said is obviously wrong, which it isn't. Happens in every single argument.

And last, the stuff I'm actually talking about from AB which I can admit to having done wrong is mostly fairly old now I suppose, so I don't doubt you posted at least some of it and I don't really care if you did. I don't really find anything wrong with some of the things posted about me at all.

...okay, this is pointless.
Post by: Sabb on April 17, 2012, 09:32:51 AM
...okay, this is pointless.
As far as I'm concerned everything I said has completely supported my arguments...
If you disagree, it would be a lot better to actually explain what I'm doing so idiotically rather than just saying there's no use talking to me. Hell, if I actually agree with what you say it might stop the arguing or change what I'm saying...
Post by: yoshi on April 17, 2012, 09:48:58 AM
I don't think anyone here is making any sense.
Post by: Prox on April 17, 2012, 11:17:17 AM
Okay, I think you guys have had enough of this. I believe that you should have realized that this discussion is not bringing anything good, nor it contributes the thread, so try to approach this situation in a different way or just drop it.
Post by: Seb on April 17, 2012, 05:15:45 PM
You'd have to be an idiot to think shutting down our venting system is a good idea.
Post by: Sabb on April 17, 2012, 05:23:20 PM
You'd have to be an idiot to think shutting down our venting system is a good idea.
People can learn to vent on there own or in a less juvenile and offensive manor manner.
Post by: Seb on April 17, 2012, 06:59:07 PM
People can learn to vent on there own or in a less juvenile and offensive manor manner.

Any venting here results in a shitstorm. Passive, aggressive, passive-aggressive or not, nobody will respect a name who bears an unpopular opinion.
Post by: Deacon on April 17, 2012, 09:03:44 PM
Seb I disagree. The problem is the maturity level of those bitching, and almost more so those being bitched about. Most of the shit I saw on AB before tomcat made 10 pages of spam were very generalized observations about people, like they'd never taken the time to talk to the person about their problem.

Yes, I am calling most of you immature.
Yes, I am saying most of you need to learn to communicate to your "friends" more effectively. Or stop pretending they don't piss you off, and deal with it in an appropriate fashion.
Post by: Seb on April 18, 2012, 03:43:32 AM
Seb I disagree. The problem is the maturity level of those bitching, and almost more so those being bitched about. Most of the shit I saw on AB before tomcat made 10 pages of spam were very generalized observations about people, like they'd never taken the time to talk to the person about their problem.

Yes, I am saying most of you need to learn to communicate to your "friends" more effectively. Or stop pretending they don't piss you off, and deal with it in an appropriate fashion.

No matter how something is said, there is somebody on both sides who will get immensely culo-cremated at even the slightest criticism. Would you rather what's said and done on the AB be here or there?
Post by: Jman on April 18, 2012, 05:38:42 AM
No matter how something is said, there is somebody on both sides who will get immensely culo-cremated at even the slightest criticism. Would you rather what's said and done on the AB be here or there?

Correct me if I'm wrong, Deacon, but I believe he meant that he would rather these issues be taken up personally, not on here OR the AB because you need to confront your "friends" directly instead of immaturely jabbing at them on the AB.

Again, im not sure that's what he meant, but that's what I think it does.
Post by: Sabb on April 18, 2012, 07:59:39 AM
Any venting here results in a shitstorm. Passive, aggressive, passive-aggressive or not, nobody will respect a name who bears an unpopular opinion.
No... people don't need to fucking bash others to vent. People need to learn how to keep shit to themselves and deal with it, or solve shit in a way that doesn't involve trying to bash people with insults.
Post by: Don on April 18, 2012, 08:05:37 AM
No... people don't need to fucking bash others to vent. People need to learn how to keep shit to themselves and deal with it, or solve shit in a way that doesn't involve trying to bash people with insults.
Yeah, because closing your eyes to problems is much better than fixing them.
Often times arguments don't start with insults, but people resort to them once they feel like the other side either isn't capable of or doesn't want to understand what someone's saying.

The reason why the majority of people are unwilling to bring things up to someone personally is because everyone takes things as personal as humanly possible. You insult my usage of powers? Holy shit why do you hate me so much? What did I do to you?
And at the end, all you have is a ruined relation between two people because it'll just end in "only you think so anyway".

While on the anonyboard, people agree with what is said, and maybe, just maybe, the message gets through to the person it's directed at - although sadly not too often.
Post by: Sabb on April 18, 2012, 08:21:34 AM
Often times arguments don't start with insults, but people resort to them once they feel like the other side either isn't capable of or doesn't want to understand what someone's saying.
The reason why the majority of people are unwilling to bring things up to someone personally is because everyone takes things as personal as humanly possible. You insult my usage of powers? Holy shit why do you hate me so much? What did I do to you?
And at the end, all you have is a ruined relation between two people because it'll just end in "only you think so anyway".

While on the anonyboard, people agree with what is said, and maybe, just maybe, the message gets through to the person it's directed at - although sadly not too often.
No, I didn't say ignore problems... I said deal with them. It's like everyone here can't just deal with little problems and needs to make a large deal of it, insult people, and anonymously... like, really? Either realize these tiny issues are NOTHING or solve them by talking to the person. Not "venting" by throwing insults on an anonymous board.

Also: talking to someone directly makes people take it a lot less personally because people aren't complaining about it to everyone but them. Shit gets handled sooo much better when you just talk to the person... Basically, if you're willing to talk to the person about it it's more or less saying you don't completely hate THEM, just what ever issue is at hand.

>pokerface
It actually doesn't... if you talk to the person properly.
Post by: aerobro on April 19, 2012, 03:15:26 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/7DMn3.gif)
Post by: cogsandspigots on April 19, 2012, 06:49:07 PM
Anonyboard has reached a new pinnacle.
It managed to turn a thread poking fun of Sabb's pizza obsession into a flame war.
Post by: Sabb on April 19, 2012, 06:57:18 PM
Anonyboard has reached a new pinnacle.
It managed to turn a thread poking fun of Sabb's pizza obsession into a flame war.
Oh boy. OH BOY.
Post by: Rocket50 on April 20, 2012, 12:20:01 PM
Oh boy. OH BOY.

Yeah. We need to get back to talking about sabb's thunder thighs
Post by: Purple on April 20, 2012, 01:47:48 PM
I hate to actually give a fuck but

either way, I don't care if it goes down, but I do agree you guys can be really hurtful sometimes to people who don't even do anything to you.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on April 20, 2012, 02:35:43 PM
At this point, I've really stopped caring about what people post on that board. I've had tons of mean shit said about me, and sure it used to kinda makes me feel bad, but in the end I just tell myself that those people are just being rude for no reason. So not giving two fucks is really the best way to go.
Post by: Sabb on April 20, 2012, 02:52:17 PM
I hate to actually give a fuck but

either way, I don't care if it goes down, but I do agree you guys can be really hurtful sometimes to people who don't even do anything to you.
I'll be 100% honest and say I don't really know who posted that lol. But anyways... complete anonymous douche-ism at its finest.
Post by: Tiger Guy on April 20, 2012, 03:26:38 PM
I'll be 100% honest and say I don't really know who posted that lol. But anyways... complete anonymous douche-ism at its finest.
I honestly don't see how it's being douchey at all. I can see how it's bad criticism, but not doucheism. It's not like the post verbally insulted her or anything. It's just bad criticism.
Post by: Sabb on April 20, 2012, 03:31:53 PM
I honestly don't see how it's being douchey at all. I can see how it's bad criticism, but not doucheism. It's not like the post verbally insulted her or anything. It's just bad criticism.
It's just worded completely like a dick...
Like, I wouldn't care if it said simply "Purple's known for her drawings but I think Marie's drawings a better imo." or something like that, then it wouldn't be so bad...
Well fuck, am I the only one who knows how to talk to people in a half-decent manner? ._.
No I'm not saying I'm an angel or something but recently there's sure been a lot of people supporting shit like this...
Post by: Purple on April 20, 2012, 03:39:11 PM
Well even if it was, calling my work unoriginal just because of the whole comic incident was uncalled for, and not to mention calling it mediocre. At most, I'd say I'm at least decent but honestly, I don't think I'm a horrible artist. What he/she said was rude. :l

It's just worded completely like a dick...
Like, I wouldn't care if it said simply "Purple's known for her drawings but I think Marie's drawings a better imo." or something like that, then it wouldn't be so bad...
and this.
Post by: Bovicide on April 20, 2012, 05:50:11 PM
Why are people so afraid of criticism? Even if it is rude, do you think people will stop having those opinions when the board disappears? No, they will just say shit behind your back like they do already.

Plus, if you actually take some time, its quite fun to spar there. Even if is juvenile.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on April 20, 2012, 06:18:15 PM
Why are people so afraid of criticism? Even if it is rude, do you think people will stop having those opinions when the board disappears? No, they will just say shit behind your back like they do already.

Plus, if you actually take some time, its quite fun to spar there. Even if is juvenile.

This this and this
Post by: Sabb on April 20, 2012, 06:21:03 PM

It's not about being afraid of criticism... it's just that there's a certain way to talk to people... properly... and it's not like that.
Post by: Dale Feles on April 20, 2012, 06:24:41 PM
How about you just don't visit the boards like me. Honestly for me, not a fuck is given about the damn anony boards. Shit will always be said behind peoples backs, mine, other vip's, admin's, etc...
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on April 20, 2012, 06:29:54 PM
It's not about being afraid of criticism... it's just that there's a certain way to talk to people... properly... and it's not like that.

This.
Honestly, anyone who wants to be good at anything though needs to learn to accept criticism, even if it isn't said in the nicest form. The world isn't a nice place, but those things help people improve so, yeah.
Post by: Purple on April 20, 2012, 06:53:36 PM
This, I'm not afraid of it, and I love criticism on my work, but they could have put it in a nicer way
what they did : YOU SUCK AND >person< IS BETTER THAN YOU FIX ___ AND DO ____ BETTER!
what would be better to say : I think >person< is better than you imo, you need to work on your  ____ and fix ____ .
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on April 20, 2012, 07:57:20 PM
I just find ways to mess with people in funny ways (well, funny in my opinion)

DOUBLE POSTS ALL THE WAY BABY.
Post by: Shockah on April 20, 2012, 08:13:35 PM
I've never been, nor even know of a method to getting to the anony boards and don't care to know. Things shouldn't be said behind backs and they definitely shouldn't be put in a rude manner on the anony boards. You shouldn't use the board as a way of being a douche without repercussion. As a means of identifying an issue IN A NICE WAY it seems fine to me or a better purpose to talk about your opinions without fear of prejudice and judgement. What was said about purples work regardless of opinion was a tad bit unnecessary. That's an issue that has already been visited here and if you've got something to say there's a topic for an argument about it HERE. If you're gonna be a douche about it why don't you do it here, so then we can criticize you for your poor people skills an inability to accept a fact that has already been laid out. They really don't need to be shut down though. I'll probably never enter that active flame war of anonymous posts, people just need to learn that if you've got a problem with someone you can make that clear to them without being a total asshole all the while hiding behind the fact that your post is anonymous.
Post by: Tiger Guy on April 20, 2012, 08:21:12 PM
I've never been, nor even know of a method to getting to the anony boards and don't care to know. Things shouldn't be said behind backs and they definitely shouldn't be put in a rude manner on the anony boards. You shouldn't use the board as a way of being a douche without repercussion. As a means of identifying an issue IN A NICE WAY it seems fine to me or a better purpose to talk about your opinions without fear of prejudice and judgement. What was said about purples work regardless of opinion was a tad bit unnecessary. That's an issue that has already been visited here and if you've got something to say there's a topic for an argument about it HERE. If you're gonna be a douche about it why don't you do it here, so then we can criticize you for your poor people skills an inability to accept a fact that has already been laid out. They really don't need to be shut down though. I'll probably never enter that active flame war of anonymous posts, people just need to learn that if you've got a problem with someone you can make that clear to them without being a total asshole all the while hiding behind the fact that your post is anonymous.
The problem with that is that people want to be douches on purpose. They probably don't even mean what they say most of the time, but they get a kick out of our reaction. That's the only thing about anony board. Other than that, it's a great idea.
Post by: Rocket50 on April 20, 2012, 09:17:13 PM

There's a very fine line between constructive criticism and destructive criticism, and people on anony boards cross it for the sake of crossing it...

... in front of you.
Post by: Sabb on April 21, 2012, 12:02:26 AM
http://ab.randomgs.com/ (http://ab.randomgs.com/)
Just in case you want to know what everyone's talking talking about fully and shit.
Post by: Shockah on April 21, 2012, 12:46:19 AM
http://ab.randomgs.com/ (http://ab.randomgs.com/)
Just in case you want to know what everyone's talking talking about fully and shit.

Spent about a whole 5 minutes looking around, lost all faith in humanity. I don't feel the need to explain why, if you can't figure it out for yourself I'll sum it up with this statement, "The immaturity present in some members of this community is larger then that which is present in my 7 year old autistic cousin".
Post by: Frank on April 21, 2012, 03:22:16 AM
Spent about a whole 5 minutes looking around, lost all faith in humanity. I don't feel the need to explain why, if you can't figure it out for yourself I'll sum it up with this statement, "The immaturity present in some members of this community is larger then that which is present in my 7 year old autistic cousin".
>Go to an anonymous board frequented by less than 40 people
>"zomgs1!1111 humanity is hurrible!! omggg"
Post by: Samo on April 21, 2012, 03:44:27 AM
Holy shit. I just had a look over the whole Anonyboards. And the amount of braindeads on it is really something... All they do is hate on the people with higher statuses than them. It's really grim to see the people older than me being simply this stupid. I've realised that keeping/removing these boards should be decided by the people who get shit from them. Well, carry on.
Post by: Frank on April 21, 2012, 04:00:19 AM
Holy shit. I just had a look over the whole Anonyboards. And the amount of braindeads on it is really something... All they do is hate on the people with higher statuses than them. It's really grim to see the people older than me being simply this stupid. I've realised that keeping/removing these boards should be decided by the people who get shit from them. Well, carry on.
>status

That's so snob.
Post by: Samo on April 21, 2012, 04:06:46 AM
>status

That's so snob.
Yeah... it does sound so, but hear me out :)
Post by: Prox on April 21, 2012, 05:03:12 AM
Saying that all of ab threads that were made against some people because of their ranks or other stupid reason is stupid. People didn't started those kind of threads just because they felt like it's going to be fun, I know for a fact that most of the very first so called "hate' threads were telling the truth, but now it seems that most of these kind of threads are made just to piss people off...
Post by: Tiger Guy on April 21, 2012, 07:07:43 AM
Maybe admins should be able to ban people that post things that are beyond retarded.
Post by: Sabb on April 21, 2012, 11:09:51 AM
Maybe admins should be able to ban people that post things that are beyond retarded.
This is what I'm saying. I see the be the only admin who actually really wants it so monitoring it would mostly be up to me I guess... but what I've been saying is that a lot of the stuff posted (mostly previously, but still some currently) is purely attacking members. If such things were posted here, they would EASILY get a warning or ban. But on there it's a free run, I don't think it should be. With that said though, I wouldn't ban/remove posts or what ever unless the post is directly attacking and insulting someone in an unnecessary way. Like, I think a lot of people are afraid of the boards being monitored because they want to express their opinions without being known... which I disagree with doing but if they want to they would still be able to. And if we were given powers on anonyboards I don't think any other admins would really be removing posts often either unless really necessary. Jman would probably be the only one who would also be removing stuff occasionally.

Also: IF there were to be something added so that admins could monitor ab a little bit... I think it should be something like this:
1. Can only ban up to 1 month.
2. Can only ban a user after they've had 3 posts removed.
3. Obviously, able to remove posts.

Not sure if we'd be able to do the whole only being able to ban a user after 3 posts have been removed, but if possible that'd probably be best imo.
Post by: Tiger Guy on April 21, 2012, 11:38:29 AM
This is what I'm saying. I see the be the only admin who actually really wants it so monitoring it would mostly be up to me I guess... but what I've been saying is that a lot of the stuff posted (mostly previously, but still some currently) is purely attacking members. If such things were posted here, they would EASILY get a warning or ban. But on there it's a free run, I don't think it should be. With that said though, I wouldn't ban/remove posts or what ever unless the post is directly attacking and insulting someone in an unnecessary way. Like, I think a lot of people are afraid of the boards being monitored because they want to express their opinions without being known... which I disagree with doing but if they want to they would still be able to. And if we were given powers on anonyboards I don't think any other admins would really be removing posts often either unless really necessary. Jman would probably be the only one who would also be removing stuff occasionally.

Also: IF there were to be something added so that admins could monitor ab a little bit... I think it should be something like this:
1. Can only ban up to 1 month.
2. Can only ban a user after they've had 3 posts removed.
3. Obviously, able to remove posts.

Not sure if we'd be able to do the whole only being able to ban a user after 3 posts have been removed, but if possible that'd probably be best imo.

My idea is:

1. Ban the user
2. The comment stays, but with [USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST(INSERT REASON HERE)] at the bottom.
3. The thread gets less shitposted.

If an admin makes a questionable ban, there is a page for the latest bans and by who. Users won't have a specific id, but would be IP banned, but somehow would be kept secret from the admin that banned him to keep the person anonymous.

If the person switches IPs just to shitpost again, they need to rethink their life.

Also, I think tripcodes should be available incase someone wants to make a post without people wondering who posted it.

I don't know how hard it would be to do this, but I think it would make anon board a better place if implemented. Hell, I'd volunteer monitoring it if no other admin wants to do it.
Post by: Sabb on April 21, 2012, 12:27:56 PM
My idea is:

1. Ban the user
2. The comment stays, but with [USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST(INSERT REASON HERE)] at the bottom.
3. The thread gets less shitposted.

If an admin makes a questionable ban, there is a page for the latest bans and by who. Users won't have a specific id, but would be IP banned, but somehow would be kept secret from the admin that banned him to keep the person anonymous.

If the person switches IPs just to shitpost again, they need to rethink their life.

Also, I think tripcodes should be available incase someone wants to make a post without people wondering who posted it.

I don't know how hard it would be to do this, but I think it would make anon board a better place if implemented. Hell, I'd volunteer monitoring it if no other admin wants to do it.
I actually think this would probably be better. But... I think coolz mentioned before that he can't implement tripcodes for some reason... I can't remember why... and I may be wrong but I think i recall him saying that.
Post by: ursus on April 21, 2012, 01:36:24 PM

I suggested this months ago, and nobody gave a fuck enough to implement it.
Post by: Sabb on April 21, 2012, 01:47:18 PM
I suggested this months ago, and nobody gave a fuck enough to implement it.
I recall that... but also:
I actually think this would probably be better. But... I think coolz mentioned before that he can't implement tripcodes for some reason... I can't remember why... and I may be wrong but I think i recall him saying that.
Post by: Frank on April 21, 2012, 04:12:34 PM
Haha, no. Anony should stay anony.
Post by: ursus on April 21, 2012, 05:39:08 PM
Haha, no. Anony should stay anony.

I'm beginning to question your reading ability.

We're suggesting that we add the OPTION to have a tripcode. Opción, optie, オプション, opcja, opção, opzione, 选项. You can be as anonymous as you want. We want to stop FORCING people to be anon.
Post by: Sabb on April 21, 2012, 05:42:12 PM

We're suggesting that we add the OPTION to have a tripcode. Opción, optie, オプション, opcja, opção, opzione, 选项. You can be as anonymous as you want. We want to stop FORCING people to be anon.
He doesn't mean "anonymous should stay anonymous", he means "the anonyboards shoudl stay the anonyboards".
As in he doesn't want any change.
Post by: Frank on April 21, 2012, 06:17:36 PM

Force anon is cool. Something like in-thread IDs would be better.
Post by: ursus on April 21, 2012, 06:38:21 PM
Force anon is cool. Something like in-thread IDs would be better.

...that's exactly what we're suggesting
Post by: Frank on April 21, 2012, 06:49:59 PM
...that's exactly what we're suggesting
No...

no.
Post by: ·UηİŦ·· on May 01, 2012, 06:40:58 PM
You know I forgot ab existed.
Post by: Frank on May 27, 2012, 11:06:02 AM
Bump, for I have something to say:

Spam 0wn4g3. You can't make threads after 5 minutes of the previous thread.

daaaayuuuum!
Post by: Mr. Franklin on May 27, 2012, 11:09:03 AM
Here's a suggestion, if it has not been already posted, why not just reset the anonyboard? and reset it every month.
Post by: Sabb on May 27, 2012, 11:18:56 AM
Here's a suggestion, if it has not been already posted, why not just reset the anonyboard? and reset it every month.
How would that fix anything?
Post by: Pilgrim on May 27, 2012, 11:33:50 AM
I think he means the spam.
Check the anonyboard, the spam goes to somewhere around page 20
Post by: Frank on May 27, 2012, 11:47:13 AM
Haha, no. Extensive discussions could no longer be had.

Also, what about a bumping system?
Post by: Shockah on May 28, 2012, 02:19:19 AM
Haha, no. Extensive discussions could no longer be had.

Also, what about a bumping system?

tl;dr: Non-beneficial especially with community so volatile just causes shit storms, nothing productive whatsoever about it if there is give me an example PLEASE.

I just want them gone. All it is, literally all it is, fucking flame threads. It's idiots and assholes criticizing each other. Whether it's because they're either too uncertain of their own beliefs or prefer to hide behind the fact that they're anonymous and display the most barbaric sense of rude in it's pure form, it's stupid. It isn't what we need right now or ever for that matter. I think most of us wouldn't deny the community is at a very volatile place right now. The admins are in a pissing contest with each other, everyone's generally unhappy at admin/vip activity the state of ZS isn't the best, we're on temp servers and feel unsettled, many of our servers aren't available and to top it all off it's the internet so 30% of it's users just like to stir shit. If anyone can give me a LEGITIMATE reason why it helps our community grow and is productive I might reconsider my opinion but I just don't see it benefiting the overall well-being of the community in any way.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on May 28, 2012, 05:58:18 AM
tl;dr: Non-beneficial especially with community so volatile just causes shit storms, nothing productive whatsoever about it if there is give me an example PLEASE.

I just want them gone. All it is, literally all it is, fucking flame threads. It's idiots and assholes criticizing each other. Whether it's because they're either too uncertain of their own beliefs or prefer to hide behind the fact that they're anonymous and display the most barbaric sense of rude in it's pure form, it's stupid. It isn't what we need right now or ever for that matter. I think most of us wouldn't deny the community is at a very volatile place right now. The admins are in a pissing contest with each other, everyone's generally unhappy at admin/vip activity the state of ZS isn't the best, we're on temp servers and feel unsettled, many of our servers aren't available and to top it all off it's the internet so 30% of it's users just like to stir shit. If anyone can give me a LEGITIMATE reason why it helps our community grow and is productive I might reconsider my opinion but I just don't see it benefiting the overall well-being of the community in any way.

But Coolz just recently did things to it? What a waste it would be to take it down nao.
Post by: Deacon on May 28, 2012, 10:23:06 AM
But Coolz just recently did things to it? What a waste it would be to take it down nao.

if its a bad idea, work must be scrapped.
Post by: ursus on May 28, 2012, 10:33:48 AM

My dog keeps mauling people, but I can't put him down because I bought him this awesome new collar.
Post by: Frank on May 28, 2012, 10:53:37 AM

Wow, so you'd much rather have everyone keep their mouths shut, and keep a nice and beautiful mask on, and live a fake happiness, than see the truth? You really can't be that naïve.

What you're saying is that, by shutting down the Anonyboards, all the hate will go away.

You deser all of my wut.

All of it.

All.
Post by: Deathie on May 28, 2012, 10:55:54 AM
Wow, so you'd much rather have everyone keep their mouths shut, and keep a nice and beautiful mask on, and live a fake happiness, than see the truth? You really can't be that naïve.

What you're saying is that, by shutting down the Anonyboards, all the hate will go away.

You deser all of my wut.

All of it.

All.

He has a valid point, you know.

Now that I think about it, everyone started being so pissy with each other after the AB was thrown up.

I change my earlier vote,

We either need some form of administration there to keep people from shitslinging, or remove it entirely.
Post by: Lavenchie on May 28, 2012, 10:58:51 AM
Inb4 shitstorm about shitstorm

But i'm in agreement that we should take down the anon' board, all it does is encourage people to do whatever they want because they feel like they can't get punished because no-one knows who they are.

We either need some form of administration there to keep people from shitslinging, or remove it entirely.
Even if we have administration on there people will still continue without concern of reputation and probably continue their spam and trolling.

Ban system can also work too.
Post by: Frank on May 28, 2012, 11:01:30 AM
I think coolz might know who posted what through IPs?
And if he doesn't, adding that might be cool. At least some sort of hidden IP, but that IP having an ID only viewable for the administration team of the anonyboard.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on May 28, 2012, 11:04:09 AM
I think coolz might know who posted what through IPs?
And if he doesn't, adding that might be cool. At least some sort of hidden IP, but that IP having an ID only viewable for the administration team of the anonyboard.

But the problem is that maybe a part of the administration are the ones shitslinging ._.

Should only be accesible to Coolz and maybe people who don't actually throw fits on there.

Not saying this offensively towards anyone.
Post by: Lavenchie on May 28, 2012, 11:05:31 AM
But the problem is that maybe a part of the administration are the ones shitslinging ._.

Should only be accesible to Coolz and  maybe people who don't actually throw fits on there.

Not saying this offensively towards anyone.
How exactly do we do that if we don't know which admins and people are the ones shitslinging or not? (If they are at least)
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on May 28, 2012, 11:06:37 AM
How exactly do we do that if we don't know which admins are the ones shitslinging or not? (If they are at least)

The ones who haven't actually been arguing and have just been staying quiet.

Like Minic, though, he hasn't said much really in the past few months.
Post by: Frank on May 28, 2012, 11:31:55 AM
How exactly do we do that if we don't know which admins and people are the ones shitslinging or not? (If they are at least)
...due to the ID-IP system? derp
Post by: Deacon on May 28, 2012, 11:47:58 AM
no one is arguing that the hate will go away.

we're trying to say that under the veil of anonymity nothing gets done.
nothing is resolved; problems and issues are deepened because there is no one to fix them.

Its easy to complain about something but if you're looking to actually solve that problem, you have to stand up and say "I don't like _____ because __________".
Otherwise you look like this.
http://ab.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=1063 (http://ab.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=1063)

And that's just a bucket of stupid.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on May 28, 2012, 11:58:19 AM
Though I was kidding around with that last post and don't really agree with the anon board, I still sort of think it should be kept up. Yeah, people say rude things about others for no good reason, but just about every anonymous thing (that I've see at least) are not exactly "kind". It's not like you can expect people to actually take it seriously, it's the Internet, people think they're free to say whatever they please no matter what it is, hidden behind a faceless veil. I don't think getting rid of it will do anything but take it away from the eyes of others, people will still say these things, and for me, I would much rather know then be talked about behind my back; at least then I can take into consideration the things they are saying, rude or not. Also, though knowing who it is sounds like a good a idea, it defeats he purpose of being completely anonymous.

These are just my thoughts about it though.
Post by: Prox on May 28, 2012, 12:05:49 PM
no one is arguing that the hate will go away.

we're trying to say that under the veil of anonymity nothing gets done.
nothing is resolved; problems and issues are deepened because there is no one to fix them.

Its easy to complain about something but if you're looking to actually solve that problem, you have to stand up and say "I don't like _____ because __________".
Otherwise you look like this.
http://ab.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=1063 (http://ab.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=1063)

And that's just a bucket of stupid.
The main issue is that people can't take the criticism without holding grudges and will automatically attack someone with a different opinion like he/she would have done something terrible.
Post by: Sabb on May 28, 2012, 12:22:06 PM
The main issue is that people can't take the criticism without holding grudges and will automatically attack someone with a different opinion like he/she would have done something terrible.
Dude no.
2% of stuff on the anonyboards is actually constructive criticism. The rest is people desperately trying to find actions of a user to complain about because they've got a ridiculous personal bias against them. That and people "criticising" by outright insulting others. It's not people not being able to take criticism.
Post by: Prox on May 28, 2012, 12:30:49 PM
Dude no.
2% of stuff on the anonyboards is actually constructive criticism. The rest is people desperately trying to find actions of a user to complain about because they've got a ridiculous personal bias against them. That and people "criticising" by outright insulting others. It's not people not being able to take criticism.
I'm not talking about threads in ab, it's just how people act in general once they're compromised in a very serious discussion that involves one members criticizing others or specific things.
Post by: Sabb on May 28, 2012, 12:31:47 PM
I'm not talking about threads in ab, it's just how people act in general once they're compromised in a very serious discussion that involves one members criticizing others or specific things.
I really don't see that happen much though.
Post by: Prox on May 28, 2012, 12:36:57 PM
I really don't see that happen much though.
It's just my attitude after 2 years of being in this community, it might be wrong, but there sure are some of well known people that can act this way.
Post by: Shockah on May 28, 2012, 12:44:15 PM
I don't think getting rid of it will do anything but take it away from the eyes of others, people will still say these things, and for me, I would much rather know then be talked about behind my back; at least then I can take into consideration the things they are saying, rude or not.

tl;dr All ab is, is flame threads. That being said how/why would someone change based on the comments/ramblings of what is clearly an ignorant fool with the maturity level of a small child. Still maintain previous opinion nothing good, literally nothing comes from AB and it's not something we need or should even want especially at this time.

How is it not being talked about behind your back if they're completely anonymous? All ab is, is overly rude comments 8/10 threads are flame 1/10 is spam and the other 1/10 is miscellaneous. If people aren't capable of taking criticisms than so be it, you aren't suppose to show that mich of a lack of disrespect towards ANYONE. It's not people representing their opinions I'm opposed against it's the way they do so, "Jman is a whiney cunt" for example. Why does it have to be presented this way? Would it be presented this way if they were saying it on forums, in game, or over steam chat? I know for a fact it would not, if you have something to say to someone you should let them know because ab is simply an outlet for those too belligerent to work through their issues with anyone. I see something on AB and my mind automatically switches to "He's just an idiot being a douche and trying to stir shit" so following your theory, if Sabb goes on to AB sees a thread about himself opens it up and it says something along the lines of "OMG SAB WHY U SO FCKING STooPID U PRICK U SUCK BIG DECKS U NID 2 STOP KISSSING SO MYCH DECK" he's going to take into consideration and analyze it seriously? He's going to see hey maybe I do "KISSS SO MYCH DECK", because I doubt anyone would be so willing to change themselves based on the post of someone he probably knows, with the reading and writing comprehension skills, maturity level, and general intellect of an eight year old all whilst hiding behind the protective cloak that is AB.
Post by: Prox on May 28, 2012, 12:54:11 PM
tl;dr All ab is, is flame threads. That being said how/why would someone change based on the comments/ramblings of what is clearly an ignorant fool with the maturity level of a small child. Still maintain previous opinion nothing good, literally nothing comes from AB and it's not something we need or should even want especially at this time.
I'm going to stop you right there, shit on ab does not start without a reason for it. While people use ab to hate others for being different it isn't that uncommon that legitimate discussion starts there and people are actually acting freely but seriously.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on May 28, 2012, 12:59:20 PM

How is it not being talked about behind your back if they're completely anonymous? All ab is, is overly rude comments 8/10 threads are flame 1/10 is spam and the other 1/10 is miscellaneous. If people aren't capable of taking criticisms than so be it, you aren't suppose to show that mich of a lack of disrespect towards ANYONE. It's not people representing their opinions I'm opposed against it's the way they do so, "Jman is a whiney cunt" for example. Why does it have to be presented this way? Would it be presented this way if they were saying it on forums, in game, or over steam chat? I know for a fact it would not, if you have something to say to someone you should let them know because ab is simply an outlet for those too belligerent to work through their issues with anyone. I see something on AB and my mind automatically switches to "He's just an idiot being a douche and trying to stir shit" so following your theory, if Sabb goes on to AB sees a thread about himself opens it up and it says something along the lines of "OMG SAB WHY U SO FCKING STooPID U PRICK U SUCK BIG DECKS U NID 2 STOP KISSSING SO MYCH DECK" he's going to take into consideration and analyze it seriously? He's going to see hey maybe I do "KISSS SO MYCH DECK", because I doubt anyone would be so willing to change themselves based on the post of someone he probably knows, with the reading and writing comprehension skills, maturity level, and general intellect of an eight year old all whilst hiding behind the protective cloak that is AB.

Well when I think about being talked behind my back, I think of not knowing at all. And sometimes, some things are better left unsaid. But like I said before, that's just me.
Post by: Frank on May 28, 2012, 06:00:40 PM
What's the best way to solve problems?

*drums*

Hiding them!
Post by: Deacon on May 28, 2012, 06:05:38 PM
What's the best way to solve problems?

*drums*

Hiding them!

You seem to be once again missing the point.

An example:

You don't like how I do something.
You post in the AB about how much of a cunt I am.
I see thread.
Nothing happens.

Versus

You talk to me about it.
We go from there.

Post by: Jman on May 28, 2012, 06:07:59 PM

An example:

I see thread.
Nothing happens.

Versus

You talk to me about it.
We go from there.

Agreed.
Post by: Frank on May 28, 2012, 06:16:27 PM

An example:

I see thread.
Nothing happens.

Versus

You talk to me about it.
We go from there.

You seem to know not what really goes on:

You have a problem with Moo
You go and tell X about how much of a cunt he is
You never actually tell Moo your problem because you're afraid of being socially owned

vs

You go and post the matter on the ab
You and other people whose identity you are not aware of, and who also aren't aware of YOUR identity, discuss the matter at hand
Moo joins the discussion, without anyone knowing it
Peace

Of course, it's a utopia, but so is yours. The difference is that you want to take down a blackboard because people could draw penises on them, and I want it to stay because someone could make a beautiful drawing about a wolf.
Post by: blαh2355 on May 28, 2012, 06:19:10 PM
I change my views. I think we should shut it down. There's nothing but arguments and hate over there and I agree what others say above. If people have problems with others, they should talk to them personally over steam or teamspeak. Who's going to listen to a person over the internet about how they should change their personality, especially if they don't know who they are.
Post by: ursus on May 28, 2012, 06:20:21 PM

You never actually tell Moo your problem because you're afraid of being socially owned

vs

You and other people whose identity you are not aware of, and who also aren't aware of YOUR identity, discuss the matter at hand
Peace

Of course, it's a utopia, but so is yours. The difference is that you want to take down a blackboard because people could draw penises on them, and I want it to stay because someone could make a beautiful drawing about a wolf.

You say that like Moo responds to complaints.
Post by: Deacon on May 28, 2012, 06:35:25 PM

vs

Peace

I'm not sure which anonymous board it is you're reading. I've never seen peace come from it. Its all about backstabbing, communally gang raping other members. I've always held true to the fact that if people judge you for your opinion, or for trying to join in discussions with valid concerns, then they are no friends, and I find no reason to treat them otherwise.

And I want that blackboard down because you said we'd use it for wolves, and now its just ALL penises.
Post by: Frank on May 28, 2012, 06:38:14 PM
I'm not sure which anonymous board it is you're reading. I've never seen peace come from it. Its all about backstabbing, communally gang raping other members. I've always held true to the fact that if people judge you for your opinion, or for trying to join in discussions with valid concerns, then they are no friends, and I find no reason to treat them otherwise.

And I want that blackboard down because you said we'd use it for wolves, and now its just ALL penises.
Let's make the board go poof, because nobody's drawing wolves right now. Let's prevent them from ever doing it!
Post by: Deacon on May 28, 2012, 07:00:09 PM
Let's make the board go poof, because nobody's drawing wolves right now. Let's prevent them from ever doing it!

No, just make sure we know which ones are drawing wolves, and which are drawing dicks on everyone else's drawings.
Post by: Frank on May 28, 2012, 07:04:08 PM
No, just make sure we know which ones are drawing wolves, and which are drawing dicks on everyone else's drawings.
IP->ID
Post by: Deacon on May 28, 2012, 07:05:58 PM
IP->ID

Or we could use the system we already have in place, the FORUMS, for a form of discussion.

Because soon as a few people give out IDs, its just the same with a different number in place of a name.
Post by: Frank on May 28, 2012, 07:11:14 PM
Or we could use the system we already have in place, the FORUMS, for a form of discussion.

Because soon as a few people give out IDs, its just the same with a different number in place of a name.

But they don't get to choose their IDs, nor can they be linked to the persons. Thus giving them the freedom of anonimity.
Post by: Jman on May 28, 2012, 07:13:19 PM
But they don't get to choose their IDs, nor can they be linked to the persons. Thus giving them the freedom of anonimity.

But some people are VERY obvious when they post, so once you find out who makes one post there's no more being anonymous for them.
Post by: Deacon on May 28, 2012, 07:13:50 PM

Unless said persons give out their IDs to friends, who in turn give them to others.
Post by: Deathie on May 28, 2012, 07:17:02 PM
Not to mention the problem that comes with basing it off of IP's.

If someone posts on their phone, at their friends house, from a wifi hotspot, whatever, they'll be a different ID.
Post by: Sabb on May 28, 2012, 07:20:45 PM
If you can, why not just make it so you can literally log in with your normal forum account? Except when you post, it only shows your name, none of that other stuff. And that way, you can either log in if you want, or not if you don't.
Post by: Jman on May 28, 2012, 07:21:20 PM
Not to mention the problem that comes with basing it off of IP's.

If someone posts on their phone, at their friends house, from a wifi hotspot, whatever, they'll be a different ID.

that, along with proxies or just changing your ip when you want a new id
Post by: Deathie on May 28, 2012, 07:30:29 PM
If you can, why not just make it so you can literally log in with your normal forum account? Except when you post, it only shows your name, none of that other stuff. And that way, you can either log in if you want, or not if you don't.

or

you know

tripcodes
Post by: Frank on May 28, 2012, 07:56:16 PM
Hhnnnnng guys, you don't read shit.

The ID can only be seen by those with anony administrative power. It's a mean of control, not of self-identification.
Post by: Shockah on May 28, 2012, 08:24:40 PM
Hhnnnnng guys, you don't read shit.

The ID can only be seen by those with anony administrative power. It's a mean of control, not of self-identification.

Or rather than going to great lengths discussing and implementing reformations and updates to make AB a safe place for discussion, wolf drawing, and the upmost disapproval of penis drawing we could, I don't know, USE THE DISCUSSION THREAD ON THE FORUMS.
Post by: Frank on May 28, 2012, 08:34:50 PM
Or rather than going to great lengths discussing and implementing reformations and updates to make AB a safe place for discussion, wolf drawing, and the upmost disapproval of penis drawing we could, I don't know, USE THE DISCUSSION THREAD ON THE FORUMS.
“Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

Oscar Wilde rejects your argument.
Post by: ursus on May 28, 2012, 08:40:18 PM
“Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

Oscar Wilde rejects your argument.

>personal experience
>actual events

>neither one supersedes oscar wilde
Post by: Foofoojack on May 28, 2012, 08:45:08 PM

Doesn't that just take the anonymous out of it?
Post by: Lavenchie on May 28, 2012, 08:57:21 PM
I think your talking about the respect free discussion board which I think is basically what we where trying to make when we made the Anon board
Post by: Sabb on May 29, 2012, 07:09:55 AM
Doesn't that just take the anonymous out of it?
I think your talking about the respect free discussion board which I think is basically what we where trying to make when we made the Anon board
No... it's so that people can actually truthfully know when someone replies to something. Whether anyone likes it or not, the anonyboards are basically used to discuss how other members behave and w.e. If someone actually wants to defend themself or explain something, no one will actually know it's them 100% because too many people are pretending to post as others. Being able to log in to post eliminates that. The people who want to stay anonymous will stay anonymous, so no, it doesn't take the anonymity out of it and no, it's not even close to the same as respect free discussion. Just to clear things up or w.e with people actually knowing it's you posting.
And obviously, that suggestion isn't to help moderate lol. Just a suggestion that could help the board imo.
And again, Snivy, coolz said somewhere he can't do that afaik, but idk if he's able to do it now or not.
Post by: ursus on May 29, 2012, 09:14:45 AM
I'd like to point something else out.

Apparently, people think that I've been samefag posting about people on the AB. I haven't.

So, we have two options.

1. Remove people's ability to damage someone else's reputation, and add the ability for others to counteract this
2. Stop being so fucking retarded and thick-headed that you attribute posts to people based on the writing style.

If you haven't been looking at posts on the AB and assuming that I wrote them, this doesn't apply to you.

It's pitiful that none of you can stop debating long enough to actually fix the immediate problem at hand.
Post by: Supertoaster on May 29, 2012, 03:15:27 PM
I forgot I made this thread
Post by: Dark Pacifist on May 30, 2012, 03:06:16 AM
Keep AB that's it
1. It's a great place to just relax or have a laugh esp about what others say about you.
2. It gives a neutral place to attack, troll, and bash each other.
3. The best way of improving it would be to allow posts to be hidden over being generally too offensive.
4. A limit to how much could be posted in a set amount of time by a user could help limit spam.
Post by: ursus on May 30, 2012, 08:58:15 AM
Keep AB that's it
1. It's a great place to just relax or have a laugh esp about what others say about you.
2. It gives a neutral place to attack, troll, and bash each other.
3. The best way of improving it would be to allow posts to be hidden over being generally too offensive.
4. A limit to how much could be posted in a set amount of time by a user could help limit spam.

Let's have something besides opinions.
Post by: Seb on June 03, 2012, 04:07:01 PM
>personal experience
>actual events

>neither one supersedes oscar wilde

It's a great, true quote you dumpass.
Post by: ursus on June 03, 2012, 07:16:33 PM
It's a great, true quote you dumpass.

I love oscar wilde, but you can't just invalidate someone's argument with a quote.
Post by: Frank on June 03, 2012, 07:25:02 PM
I love oscar wilde, but you can't just invalidate someone's argument with a quote.
But you can.