Author Topic: What needs to be done to fix TTT  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
  • Respect: +546
Re: What needs to be done to fix TTT
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2012, 12:05:47 AM »
Hahahahahaha, Jokes on you. There are actually certain people on the TTT server that is cautious with their karma and traitor baiting isn't going to solve anything.

How about we do the old fashion way just like we used to do like VIPs disguise themselves with a new name and a different avatar so we can monitor throughout the server..

hahahahah that's a good joke!

that did not do SHIT

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2012, 12:07:25 AM »
How about we do the old fashion way just like we used to do like VIPs disguise themselves with a new name and a different avatar so we can monitor throughout the server..
When was the last time you saw Snivy M.D., gamefreak and DoeniDon on the servers?

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2012, 12:14:32 AM »
When was the last time you saw Snivy M.D., gamefreak and DoeniDon on the servers?

Oh god my sides.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2012, 12:22:35 AM »

the opposite goes for tiger guy

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2012, 06:59:14 AM »
Ughh, So you guys are complaining about the penalties of the karma.

Lol, You must be playing TTT wrong. Losing karma is part of the game.

*facepalm*

If you are serious, this is a case of "can you read?" - the problem is not with loss, but HOW MUCH - as there are many cases of being disproportionately high.  That is what the chief problem is, always has been to my knowledge, and it always has been stated clearly.  For you to blatantly miss that makes me question your reading comprehension.

Snivy:  I do understand your concern, though I think that could be partially remedied by a VERY stern/firm hand so far as not begging, making sure players only ask when they really have reason.  IF karma system, tweaks don't come to be, at least something like this could POTENTIALLY be done, IF NOT programming a system to automate the concepts of fixing karma from dealing with RDMers / giving T rounds to those who were screwed out of it [which would be harder, but is doable from a programming standpoint]
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Doctor Who

• Slippery midget
  • Starcraft 2
  • Respect: +170
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2012, 10:04:22 AM »
I have bad memories so I'm guessing it was last week..

Thanks Crypto for this banner <3

I WAS TELEPORTING EVERYWHERE
TOTALL BS
i was at 2.5k ping
gggg
LOL -Alex

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2012, 10:48:21 AM »
I have bad memories so I'm guessing it was last week..

the  correct answer was "never"

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2012, 11:48:20 AM »
+4
How about we have 2 TTT servers. 1 permakarma and one temp karma. Whoever wants permanent karma can stay on permanent karma and whoever wants temp karma can have temp karma. And if by the end, one of the servers go dead, we remove it.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +377
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2012, 06:11:49 PM »
How about we have 2 TTT servers. 1 permakarma and one temp karma. Whoever wants permanent karma can stay on permanent karma and whoever wants temp karma can have temp karma. And if by the end, one of the servers go dead, we remove it.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Very great but they'll probably find a reason to it being a bad idea.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2012, 06:45:46 PM »

PROBLEM SOLVED.
That's actually a pretty good idea. I might get back in TTT if this is implemented.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2012, 06:47:07 PM »

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I said that

about three times now in other "change the karma system" threads.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 01:22:26 PM »
I said that

about three times now in other "change the karma system" threads.

You're correct you have and it's a good idea however, as it is few admins/vips are on ttt at any given time. It appears a good portion of those who do come by from time to time prefer temp karma. My point being this will lead to even fewer authoritative figures on Perm karma ttt then there already is. Yes I realize if you call a vip/admin 9/10 times they'll come but they can only do so much after the crimes been committed especially if the said abuser doesn't do it again.

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 06:31:56 PM »
The servers have come to the point where low karma's rdm all the time, they get killed by people who think that they are the T. It pisses me off so much seeing people complain about it every game. If the karma loss values could be modified in some way to ease the loss for killing RDM'ers and baiters. That is the closest to a solution, we all know it is unlikely that it won't get changed and quite frankly, I don't want it too. We will have even more RDMing noobs if it was changed heavily. And nobody wants that. It will bring in more immature players than myself.

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 07:14:42 PM »
The servers have come to the point where low karma's rdm all the time, they get killed by people who think that they are the T. It pisses me off so much seeing people complain about it every game. If the karma loss values could be modified in some way to ease the loss for killing RDM'ers and baiters. That is the closest to a solution, we all know it is unlikely that it won't get changed and quite frankly, I don't want it too. We will have even more RDMing noobs if it was changed heavily. And nobody wants that. It will bring in more immature players than myself.

The whole point of the karma system was to forcefully stop people with low karma from rdming. And it works because no one actually dies from getting shot with a player with 90 percent damage reduction. The actual problem boils down to the one-visit rdmers and baiters. That said, one-visit rdmers wont have the patience to regain their karma so the whole assumption that reducing karma penalties bringing in more rdmers is wrong.

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
  • Linux UserWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
  • Respect: +331
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2012, 10:19:09 AM »
The whole point of the karma system was to forcefully stop people with low karma from rdming. And it works because no one actually dies from getting shot with a player with 90 percent damage reduction. The actual problem boils down to the one-visit rdmers and baiters. That said, one-visit rdmers wont have the patience to regain their karma so the whole assumption that reducing karma penalties bringing in more rdmers is wrong.
Pretty much this... Not much fun when there is more accusing than shooting. When I shoot a guy in the middle of a crowd while Im T, I shouldnt be able to calmly walk away hearing people complain that I am rdming.
Code: [Select]
for(;;) procrastinate = !procrastinate;Damn emoticons