Author Topic: Bullet Rebuttal Argument  (Read 376 times)

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
  • Respect: +635
Re: Bullet Rebuttal Argument
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 03:12:12 AM »
+5
Purple, the comic is beyond awesome, please continue!!! :thumbsup:

To everyone else,

Please shut your faces. (fingers?) :)

(BUT OMG XRAIN WHAT ABOUT <insert complaint about copyright> )

What you are currently attempting to do, is debate the internet version of cognitive dissonance. Everyone will have different opinions, probably waste countless days arguing about something that has been argued about since time immemorial; Meanwhile you will only serve to run purple off, and slightly inflate and polish your own viewpoint.

I myself am finding the temptation to yell at you knaves about your ignorance in what copyright means, but I wont. As this is neither the time nor the place to do so.

I would like to clarify that I only posted the link. Nothing else. Don't shove me into the spotlight.

It was your post, if you really meant to not cause anything, you either:

1: Write something clarifying you exact intentions and opinion.
2: Don't post in the first place, every action has a reaction, intentional or otherwise.

Just because someone else was going to post it, isn't a good reason either; if someone else really is going to, let them, that is their own prerogative. They can deal with the ensuing fires.

What your basically attempting to say you were doing was; standing there, with a can of gasoline, splashing it onto a fire while saying "I AM NOT TRYING TO CHANGE THE TEMPERATURE OF THE FIRE! I am only putting this gasoline on it just in case."

I suppose that makes sense in a way, but I just feel like with writing it is different. I don't really have a problem with the art more so as I do with the storyline itself. She copied some things word for word; and I could possibly be the only person who just doesn't think that's right. But that is my own opinion, I am not to make my statements out there to be rude, but merely a suggestion, you can say. What she does and doesn't do with her comic is up to her. Having people call out things like this though shouldn't start and uproar, but should just be looked into and clarified.

Things like this happens to those who make stories and pictures alike. You just must know how to handle it. I wish this whole thing wouldn't have taken such a turn for the worst, because a mere citation at the beginning to the original author could have easily stopped this from happening. I am sure a lot of people might think that, within this community assumptions are to be made, and that she was making this for us and that this whole thing is ridiculous; but even so being a bit honorable about your work makes a world of difference online, and especially in the real world. So this is important, even if it might not seem like it is.

You're correct, things like this shouldn't make an uproar; but communism should also work just fine, right?                                       (Too subtle? basically, humans don't always react as they should)

But in all seriousness, there are certainly ways to broach this subject in a manner that doesn't vilify the person.

This...
Wow... :\
Wasn't one of them.

It's great when someone can start from scratch, make a compelling world and accompanying characters, plot, dialog, and imagery. But you know what, 99% of the time that's not where you start from. Like a calculus teacher once told me; "You don't ride a bike before you can walk"

What purpal is doing is quite fantastic, I can tell she has put a lot of thought and work into the comic. It's all the better she planned the use that story from the beginning, it gave her someone to start, and reduced the workload she had until completion. Starting with a blank page is one of the hardest things to do, and not really necessary in this situation.

Trying to ride the bike before you walk is certainty a way to learn, and it teaches you valuable things for your later projects. But purpal seemed to want to deliver a story to us, and taking some of the work load off is a prudent decision to be successful. Almost any of the successful game Mods you see are successful for one of two reasons. A: They left a long trail of failed mods they learned from. B: They started small and worked their way up.

To purpal again,

I'm sorry that you had to run into something like this, what you are doing isn't fine, it's bloody awesome.

I know it sucks, but this will frequently happen no matter what you embark upon. It's like human kinds mission to find something to pick apart if they have the chance. I've had to deal with it in every single project I have worked on, large or small. You just gotta put out the fires you can and keep going.

I am really looking forward to the rest of it, so please continue!

PS to the rest of you:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:07:01 AM by Xrain »
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 04:15:33 AM »
+1
Miami's Finest

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 04:17:20 AM »
+1

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 04:48:12 AM »
Well, I really tried hard on this for you guys, and for those who think "WELL SHE COPIEDDD SHE PROBABLY BARELY WORKED ON IT" No, that is not the case at all. As I said, yes, this is a remodel of the game "Dangan Ronpa" which Cable and his friends happily posted a link to.

I really wanted to continue on a comic for you guys since the first one I tried, I almost instantly stopped working on, and when I was thinking this, I was obsessed with that game, so I wanted to make a "Randomgs" version of it, because I thought it would be fun and you'd enjoy reading something that I put all your characters in.

Next, I would like to address the poses and my drawings, firstly for anyone who thinks "ppfff she probably copies everything she draws." Well I drew each one of your characters on paper so I think that covers a little bit, and the poses on the Dangan Ronpa thread fit with what the people were saying so I looked off the poses in a separate canvas. Not all of them are copied because I didn't think it fit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, that I covered that, I'm going to ask if you guys still want me to continue with the comic, if you do then I'd like you to tell me, because I don't see a reason why not to now that everything is addressed and there was no reason to cause this mess in the first place in my opinion.

Or if you don't want me to continue tell me that also, I will completely stop the comic right here if there is more people who want me to stop than to carry on.
I tl;dr'd past this point because I'm on my phone right now.... but I just want to say that I didn't mean to just belittle your entire work put into the comic. I'm just kind of disappointed that you played it off like you were making an original story for us. Never once when I talked to you, or on this thread aside from the tiny broad statement saying that you were using the idea from something else. I just think that you should have made it a lot more obvious... even with reading that spoiler, I still thought you were making a story for us, not just for the most part editing images from someone elses' work. I basically just feel almost lied to sort of. But anyways... wih that being said I don't think that you should stop making it. I still will enjoy it, I just wish you would have said exactly what you were doing from the start. (That tiny spoiler is quite broad... you should have just said that you were more or less adding our characters into a comic which was already made)

As for coolz, I slightly agree and disagree with the stuff you're saying. I'm sorry that it pretty much became an attack on Purple, but I think everyone was just upset because they weren't really specifically told what she was doing. And about the plaigirism thing... what she's doing is exact plaigirism lol. Yes, technically there are no original ideas because your ideas are alwaye based off of your experiences... but Purple directly took images from the other comic without permission to my understanding, and on top of that gave no direct credit to them... at least not enough. Not trying to attack Purple, I'm just saying that what she did really is completely plaigirism.

EDIT: The whole thing saying it was an April fools joke... was a joke. Not meant as sarcasm, just wanted to lighten the mood lol...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:53:05 AM by Sabb »

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 08:44:59 AM »
I think what Purple did was pretty okay. What you guys want is like having a game reassuring you all the time that it's just a game, and completely fuck immersion.

Purple rox.

Offline Purple

• ;___;
  • I don't want to be a blowfish
  • Respect: +429
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 11:17:34 AM »
I tl;dr'd past this point because I'm on my phone right now.... but I just want to say that I didn't mean to just belittle your entire work put into the comic. I'm just kind of disappointed that you played it off like you were making an original story for us. Never once when I talked to you, or on this thread aside from the tiny broad statement saying that you were using the idea from something else. I just think that you should have made it a lot more obvious... even with reading that spoiler, I still thought you were making a story for us, not just for the most part editing images from someone elses' work. I basically just feel almost lied to sort of. But anyways... wih that being said I don't think that you should stop making it. I still will enjoy it, I just wish you would have said exactly what you were doing from the start. (That tiny spoiler is quite broad... you should have just said that you were more or less adding our characters into a comic which was already made)

As for coolz, I slightly agree and disagree with the stuff you're saying. I'm sorry that it pretty much became an attack on Purple, but I think everyone was just upset because they weren't really specifically told what she was doing. And about the plaigirism thing... what she's doing is exact plaigirism lol. Yes, technically there are no original ideas because your ideas are alwaye based off of your experiences... but Purple directly took images from the other comic without permission to my understanding, and on top of that gave no direct credit to them... at least not enough. Not trying to attack Purple, I'm just saying that what she did really is completely plaigirism.

EDIT: The whole thing saying it was an April fools joke... was a joke. Not meant as sarcasm, just wanted to lighten the mood lol...
My response in a nutshell, you should probably read my entire post and other posts made before saying things like that.

I did not play it off like it was my own story, I specifically mentioned Dangan Ronpa in the op even if it was a side note, and I also mentioned that if you had anything that would try to cause an argument to talk to me about it privately and avoid things like this. What I did was not plaigirism. Plaigirism is saying that "Yes this is all mine I made it all myself." which I did not say, nor imply it was.

If you wanted me to give the creators of the game more credit which I agree I should have gave them more, you could have talked to me about it in a private chat so that all of this could have been avoided.

and I'm sorely upset that none of you came to me first before trying to ruin the entire comic, especially you Cable, even though you only posted the link, you could have came to me and said "My friends we're talking about your comic and I got this link that I think it looks very similar to yours, care to explain?" before posting it and starting this. You have absolutely no excuse to what you did, you didn't even think for a second about me or how this could all have been avoided.

--Also, that "joke" you pulled Sabb, wasn't very friendly, it made me look like an idiot and I would like an apology.
check out my arts
its all I live for
http://infernoheart.deviantart.com/
http://infernoheart.tumblr.com/
<00:38:40> "Snivy": I'm just milking her now.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 11:52:12 AM »
My response in a nutshell, you should probably read my entire post and other posts made before saying things like that.

I did not play it off like it was my own story, I specifically mentioned Dangan Ronpa in the op even if it was a side note, and I also mentioned that if you had anything that would try to cause an argument to talk to me about it privately and avoid things like this. What I did was not plaigirism. Plaigirism is saying that "Yes this is all mine I made it all myself." which I did not say, nor imply it was.

If you wanted me to give the creators of the game more credit which I agree I should have gave them more, you could have talked to me about it in a private chat so that all of this could have been avoided.

and I'm sorely upset that none of you came to me first before trying to ruin the entire comic, especially you Cable, even though you only posted the link, you could have came to me and said "My friends we're talking about your comic and I got this link that I think it looks very similar to yours, care to explain?" before posting it and starting this. You have absolutely no excuse to what you did, you didn't even think for a second about me or how this could all have been avoided.

--Also, that "joke" you pulled Sabb, wasn't very friendly, it made me look like an idiot and I would like an apology.
I read the entire thread actually... but okay.
If you read through my whole comment I believe I said several times that I wasn't really as upset about it being "plaigirism" or w.e as that you didn't really even mention it, the only time being in the op in the spoiler. And I talked to you about the comic several times and complimented you about it a decent amount, and you didn't once mention that you were getting the story from something else. But anyways... I'm sorry you took offence to that... I didn't mean it that way, I'm not a complete asshole ._.. It wasn't in any way to make fun of you AT ALL, though I see how you could interpret it that way I guess... so I'm sorry. Also, I actually sent you a few messages in Skype a while ago for when you go on. I don't really want to argue about this any more or anything so... I think everyone's stated their opinion. And no, it's not something bad that I messaged you.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
    View More Badges!

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 11:58:30 AM »
+1
I read the entire thread actually... but okay.
If you read through my whole comment I believe I said several times that I wasn't really as upset about it being "plaigirism" or w.e as that you didn't really even mention it, the only time being in the op in the spoiler. And I talked to you about the comic several times and complimented you about it a decent amount, and you didn't once mention that you were getting the story from something else. But anyways... I'm sorry you took offence to that... I didn't mean it that way, I'm not a complete asshole ._.. It wasn't in any way to make fun of you AT ALL, though I see how you could interpret it that way I guess... so I'm sorry. Also, I actually sent you a few messages in Skype a while ago for when you go on. I don't really want to argue about this any more or anything so... I think everyone's stated their opinion. And no, it's not something bad that I messaged you.
Because maybe Purple thought everyone had read the side note and was complimenting her about the changes she had done.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 12:08:12 PM »
Because maybe Purple thought everyone had read the side note and was complimenting her about the changes she had done.
>implying I didn't read the sidenote
._.
I've said many times that I knew about the sidenote but that I wish she had explained what she was actually doing, as just the way she talked about it and stuff made it seem like she was making the story, so I thought she was actually making her own story but using content from the other manga thing.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
    View More Badges!

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 12:16:57 PM »
+2
>implying I didn't read the sidenote
._.
I've said many times that I knew about the sidenote but that I wish she had explained what she was actually doing, as just the way she talked about it and stuff made it seem like she was making the story, so I thought she was actually making her own story but using content from the other manga thing.

Spoiler: sidenote (click to show/hide)
>remodel
>same structure, different characters

Offline Alphaggot

• Thats the race I wanna play
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• 지금 now is the 비 coming down
  • Respect: +582
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 12:21:45 PM »
I would love to see you continue this. All I'm going to actually say on this matter.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 12:24:31 PM »
>remodel
>same structure, different characters
Because remodel specifically means "I'm going to take the content from another manga and edit the images to suit our characters". ._.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
    View More Badges!

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »
+3
Because remodel specifically means "I'm going to take the content from another manga and edit the images to suit our characters". ._.
It's all in the semantics. You can read whatever you want, but for me it's pretty clear what she meant.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 12:27:32 PM »
It's all in the semantics. You can read whatever you want, but for me it's pretty clear what she meant.
That's not really what I wanted to read, that's just not what I read ._..

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
    View More Badges!

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 12:30:52 PM »
That's not really what I wanted to read, that's just not what I read ._..
Yeah sorry, people can't really just read what they want. I meant as in "you may have read that, but I'm pretty sure she meant otherwise."

(sowwy if I sound harsh, I'm trying not to)