Author Topic: Bullet Rebuttal Argument  (Read 350 times)

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
Re: Bullet Rebuttal Argument
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 10:18:25 PM »
+3
I just feel it is hard to respect something when you find it lacks the originality it once held in your eyes. Because it is still not totally your work. The only reason I take things like this so seriously, is because I myself have been plagiarized and it is truly and awful feeling. And that is all I have to say.

It could be entirely perspective, but I see it as a cover.

Think music. A "cover" is exactly the same song. That doesn't make it any less your creation, if anything, you're just paying homage to the original source.

She said in the OP that it was based off of it. I don't know what else you expect without being unrealistic (like having to post a link to the wiki every chance she gets).

All she's doing is taking the source material and redoing it to her style.
It's not like she was trying to hide or deny the fact, people just instantly jumped on it the second cable posted that link.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 10:26:59 PM »
It could be entirely perspective, but I see it as a cover.

Think music. A "cover" is exactly the same song. That doesn't make it any less your creation, if anything, you're just paying homage to the original source.

She said in the OP that it was based off of it. I don't know what else you expect without being unrealistic (like having to post a link to the wiki every chance she gets).

All she's doing is taking the source material and redoing it to her style.
It's not like she was trying to hide or deny the fact, people just instantly jumped on it the second cable posted that link.
I suppose that makes sense in a way, but I just feel like with writing it is different. I don't really have a problem with the art more so as I do with the storyline itself. She copied some things word for word; and I could possibly be the only person who just doesn't think that's right. But that is my own opinion, I am not to make my statements out there to be rude, but merely a suggestion, you can say. What she does and doesn't do with her comic is up to her. Having people call out things like this though shouldn't start and uproar, but should just be looked into and clarified.

Things like this happens to those who make stories and pictures alike. You just must know how to handle it. I wish this whole thing wouldn't have taken such a turn for the worst, because a mere citation at the beginning to the original author could have easily stopped this from happening. I am sure a lot of people might think that, within this community assumptions are to be made, and that she was making this for us and that this whole thing is ridiculous; but even so being a bit honorable about your work makes a world of difference online, and especially in the real world. So this is important, even if it might not seem like it is.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:47:03 PM by KHMarie12 »
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 10:33:12 PM »
+2
which Cable and his friends happily posted a link to.

I would like to clarify that I only posted the link. Nothing else. Don't shove me into the spotlight.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 10:34:37 PM »
+3
I would like to clarify that I only posted the link. Nothing else. Don't shove me into the spotlight.

A: You started this, spotlight's on you bud.

B: CONTINUE. <edit, @ purple>

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »
+2
I suppose that makes sense in a way, but I just feel like with writing it is different. I don't really have a problem with the art more so as I do with the storyline itself. She copied some things word for word; and I could possibly be the only person who just doesn't think that's right. But that is my own opinion, I am not to make my statements out there to be rude, but merely a suggestion, you can say. What she does and doesn't do with her comic is up to her. Having people call out things like this though shouldn't start and uproar, but should just be looked into and clarified.

Well, here's my issue.

She said what it was. She said it was her version of the game. She wasn't trying to hide it. She didn't even really ask for kudos on the story, just the art. After all, it's a manga project, not a writing one.

My issue is people calling her out on it and saying how disappointed they are, when she said in the initial post, clearly what it was.

Hell, might as well nitpick on all the niconico and ytpmv fads.

Canon Crusher

You could say everything you said about Purple about this video. The background/main song was taken from something else, and the creator doesn't say what the original name of the song is in the title or description.

That doesn't mean shit though. The video is still amazing. A shitload of effort went into pitch shifting, effects, everything. He's not trying to take credit for the song. He's not even saying it's an original or anything. He took the source and completely changed it to his own style, his own creation. The video is his, even if the song isn't.

I feel you're just confusing tribute for plagiarism.

Don't pull that shit. You said it to clearly provoke a response from the other users. If you didn't mean for it to be malicious, you would have at least explained why you posted it.

I'm siding with purple on this. Your ideology is pretty much attacking me too, since 75% of the content on my youtube channel are covers of other compositions.

Offline Cable

• hi
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 10:48:54 PM »
A: You started this, spotlight's on you bud.

B: CONTINUE. <edit, @ purple>

I was the first one to post it yes, but I wasn't the first to find out about it, bud.

It would have been brought up by someone else eventually anyways.

edit
Lets look at it from MY point of view, shall we?

"Oh look here, its a comic that looks VERY similar to the op. I'll just post it up and see what happens."

I didn't post any opinions on it. Therfore I am at a neutral standpoint.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:53:13 PM by Cable »

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 10:53:07 PM »
I was the first one to post it yes, but I wasn't the first to find out about it, bud.

Of course you aren't the first person to find out because she's said it multiple times.

Jesus Christ, Sherlock.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »
Well, here's my issue.

She said what it was. She said it was her version of the game. She wasn't trying to hide it. She didn't even really ask for kudos on the story, just the art. After all, it's a manga project, not a writing one.

My issue is people calling her out on it and saying how disappointed they are, when she said in the initial post, clearly what it was.

Hell, might as well nitpick on all the niconico and ytpmv fads.

Canon Crusher

You could say everything you said about Purple about this video. The background/main song was taken from something else, and the creator doesn't say what the original name of the song is in the title or description.

That doesn't mean shit though. The video is still amazing. A shitload of effort went into pitch shifting, effects, everything. He's not trying to take credit for the song. He's not even saying it's an original or anything. He took the source and completely changed it to his own style, his own creation. The video is his, even if the song isn't.

I feel you're just confusing tribute for plagiarism.

Don't pull that shit. You said it to clearly provoke a response from the other users. If you didn't mean for it to be malicious, you would have at least explained why you posted it.

I'm siding with purple on this. Your ideology is pretty much attacking me too, since 75% of the content on my youtube channel are covers of other compositions.
You have your opinions, and I'll have mine. And I respect yours none the less.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Purple

• ;___;
  • I don't want to be a blowfish
  • Respect: +429
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 10:59:46 PM »

edit
Lets look at it from MY point of view, shall we?

"Oh look here, its a comic that looks VERY similar to the op.I'll just post it up and see what happens."

I didn't post any opinions on it. Therfore I am at a neutral standpoint.
"see what happens" You just implied that you started the whole thing. Why not let someone else post it instead of you if you were so certain that it would be posted later? It would have saved you the trouble of getting involved, which you are indeed.
check out my arts
its all I live for
http://infernoheart.deviantart.com/
http://infernoheart.tumblr.com/
<00:38:40> "Snivy": I'm just milking her now.

Offline Cable

• hi
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 11:01:25 PM »
"see what happens" You just implied that you started the whole thing. Why not let someone else post it instead of you if you were so certain that it would be posted later? It would have saved you the trouble of getting involved, which you are indeed.
Either way, my standpoint is neutral.

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 11:11:52 PM »
+1
APRIL FOOLS GUYS PURPLE MADE BOTH COMICS!!!!1!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This comment actually gets +1s.
I can't even find a picture to express my feelings towards that.
Imagine a mix of disappointment, confusion and anger.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:13:52 PM by Servine M.D. »

Offline Cable

• hi
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 11:16:43 PM »
+1
This comment actually gets +1s.
I can't even find a picture to express my feelings towards that.
Imagine a mix of disappointment, confusion and anger.

But it was a joke?

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 11:17:15 PM »
But it was a joke?
It was neither funny nor appropriate?

Offline Cable

• hi
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 11:19:57 PM »
It was neither funny nor appropriate?
I don't think appropriate will apply to an online gaming forum dude.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 11:25:26 PM »
+3

I have done really mean things in the past, but you guys took it to a whole new level. Not only you attacked Purple from a place of oblivion, but you actually tried to validate your point by attacking her even more. All the effort she made for you, not asking for anything back, not complaining, and you bash her because although she plays the piano very nice, she didn't compose the 5Th symphony, and your ignorance made you believe she had. And oh wow, when you realise she hadn't, you unleash hell on the poor youngster.
I am disappointed.

I don't think appropriate will apply to an online gaming forum dude.
Online gaming forums =/= right to hate/attack/insult/offend/act inconsiderately
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:46:53 PM by Ruby Shine »