.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Entertainment (Read Only) => Comics => Topic started by: Cable on April 01, 2012, 07:24:33 PM

Title: Bullet Rebuttal Argument
Post by: Cable on April 01, 2012, 07:24:33 PM
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447397&pagenumber=1#post397283196 (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447397&pagenumber=1#post397283196)
Title: Re: Bullet Rebuttal Argument
Post by: Supertoaster on April 01, 2012, 07:25:44 PM
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447397&pagenumber=1#post397283196 (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447397&pagenumber=1#post397283196)

;_;
Post by: Sabb on April 01, 2012, 07:25:52 PM
Sorry, not cool. Would be a different thing if you gave credit to that instead of fooling everyone, and completely taking credit from them. :/
EDIT:
Making the credit obvious ._..
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on April 01, 2012, 07:25:59 PM
Wow... :\
Post by: Mr. Franklin on April 01, 2012, 07:27:48 PM
-snip-
Post by: Seb on April 01, 2012, 07:29:49 PM

well shit
Post by: Deathie on April 01, 2012, 07:49:50 PM

Spoiler: sidenote (click to show/hide)

Seriously. Don't start lashing out at her because you didn't bother reading everything ._.

It's in the god damn OP.
Post by: Sabb on April 01, 2012, 07:52:17 PM
Seriously. Don't start lashing out at her because you didn't bother reading everything ._.

It's in the god damn OP.
Yes, but it's still kind of bad imo. Like, I thought she was making up the story on her own. It was kind of obvious the backgrounds were taken but... that the entire story word by word was taken is kind of disappointing. And she really should have made it more obvious that she was taking the story from somewhere else. The only mention I have EVER seen of it from her is in that tiny section of the OP.
Post by: Tiger Guy on April 01, 2012, 07:56:32 PM
(http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57612910/800px-Noprint.jpg)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Post by: Sabb on April 01, 2012, 07:59:46 PM
Post by: Cable on April 01, 2012, 08:02:06 PM
(http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7748/011ishimaru5.png)
(http://i43.tinypic.com/2myufrl.jpg)

Pictures wont load for some reason
Post by: coolzeldad on April 01, 2012, 08:28:58 PM
She explicitly stated the very similar nature of her adaptation to the adaptation of Dangan Ronpa.

She's an artist and has created the animated characters from sketch, to line art, and finally colouring.

She's has been successfully adapting our character choices to these characters through their individual style and animation.

Not only that but all the poses are drawn by her, they are her characters based off our submissions.

Honestly, nitpicking the similarities she's already referenced... I wouldn't be surprised if after seeing this little stunt where everyone unquestionably sided against her, she decides to fuck it all and stop.

Who really wants that? There is nothing to gain from that I hope you can see.

This is the worst type of attack on content and it's from people I know.

If you want to make a comparative criticism then fine, but she's covered her bases well enough for everyone to know the base for her adaptation.

Also, just think for a moment about the concept of plagiarism and originality.

Every brilliant idea in our head has been influenced since the day we could sense.

There is no original thought, there are only variations to the understanding of experience.

This type of thinking displayed in this thread criticizes the nature of ideas that seem to similar and kill possible unique variations to the art of expression.

Purple's work is a pool of potential that would bring to the table its own unique properties; through her drawings and subtle elements of each character through background narration or speech.

I am truly upset that such an uproar was organized so quickly by those who don't even take a minute to think through what they are doing and what they are actually supporting.

I don't see any reason why this was necessary.
Post by: Purple on April 01, 2012, 09:55:10 PM
Well, I really tried hard on this for you guys, and for those who think "WELL SHE COPIEDDD SHE PROBABLY BARELY WORKED ON IT" No, that is not the case at all. As I said, yes, this is a remodel of the game "Dangan Ronpa" which Cable and his friends happily posted a link to.

I really wanted to continue on a comic for you guys since the first one I tried, I almost instantly stopped working on, and when I was thinking this, I was obsessed with that game, so I wanted to make a "Randomgs" version of it, because I thought it would be fun and you'd enjoy reading something that I put all your characters in.

Next, I would like to address the poses and my drawings, firstly for anyone who thinks "ppfff she probably copies everything she draws." Well I drew each one of your characters on paper so I think that covers a little bit, and the poses on the Dangan Ronpa thread fit with what the people were saying so I looked off the poses in a separate canvas. Not all of them are copied because I didn't think it fit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, that I covered that, I'm going to ask if you guys still want me to continue with the comic, if you do then I'd like you to tell me, because I don't see a reason why not to now that everything is addressed and there was no reason to cause this mess in the first place in my opinion.

Or if you don't want me to continue tell me that also, I will completely stop the comic right here if there is more people who want me to stop than to carry on.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on April 01, 2012, 10:09:40 PM
Well, I really tried hard on this for you guys, and for those who think "WELL SHE COPIEDDD SHE PROBABLY BARELY WORKED ON IT" No, that is not the case at all. As I said, yes, this is a remodel of the game "Dangan Ronpa" which Cable and his friends happily posted a link to.

I really wanted to continue on a comic for you guys since the first one I tried, I almost instantly stopped working on, and when I was thinking this, I was obsessed with that game, so I wanted to make a "Randomgs" version of it, because I thought it would be fun and you'd enjoy reading something that I put all your characters in.

Next, I would like to address the poses and my drawings, firstly for anyone who thinks "ppfff she probably copies everything she draws." Well I drew each one of your characters on paper so I think that covers a little bit, and the poses on the Dangan Ronpa thread fit with what the people were saying so I looked off the poses in a separate canvas. Not all of them are copied because I didn't think it fit.

Now, that I covered that, I'm going to ask if you guys still want me to continue with the comic, if you do then I'd like you to tell me, because I don't see a reason why not to now that everything is addressed and there was no reason to cause this mess in the first place in my opinion.

Or if you don't want me to continue tell me that also, I will completely stop the comic right here if there is more people who want me to stop than to carry on.

I am just going to say this, not to be rude, or hurt feelings. And not to cause problems, but because I feel like this should have been done originally. I give props to you for re-drawing the characters and making them all in their own style, because for that I really do think you probably put time into. As for the story though, I did a lot of comparison, and it is just not very original. I understand you wanting to make a comic for the community based on that, but if you're going to do it, you should at least try to make it more of your own. We all know you needed a starting point, and that you were basing it off of that game, but for the amount of content you used, I honestly think you should have cited your source better. For using the same background and the entire introduction, and some of the characters intros, you should have gaven more credit to the original owner. A sidenote to the side saying where you got it from is like a citation saying "I got this from google", you should have posted a link to the original and gave official credit to the author for the backgrounds and the words you took. Copying and rewording things doesn't officially make it yours. You may not take what I say into consideration, but I would hope you would at least understand what I am saying.

You can continue to work on the comic if that is what you wish, and I am sure people will disagree with what I say; I just feel it is hard to respect something when you find it lacks the originality it once held in your eyes. Because it is still not totally your work. The only reason I take things like this so seriously, is because I myself have been plagiarized and it is truly and awful feeling. And that is all I have to say.
Post by: Devie on April 01, 2012, 10:15:24 PM
come on guys -- just appreciate what she did. She did bust her ass on this regardless if it was based off of something or not (even if as you say it was word for word)

Let's just stop telling her how she should do things. I hate it when people force things down other peoples throats because they believe it SHOULD be this way instead of it being another way.

"GOD DAMN PURPLE - IT SHOULD BE THIS WAY!! WHY? BECAUSE WE THINK THIS IS THE PROPER WAY! OH YOU CHOSE TO DO IT THAT WAY? WELL IM GONNA RAGE CUZ THATS NOT RIGHT BECAUSE IT SHOULD BE THIS WAY INSTEAD RAH RAH RAH!"

seriously man come on, just for once be happy on what someones trying to accomplish.
if you really hate it then fuck - get yourself taken out cuz she couldnt do it the way you expected it to be.
Post by: Deathie on April 01, 2012, 10:18:25 PM
I just feel it is hard to respect something when you find it lacks the originality it once held in your eyes. Because it is still not totally your work. The only reason I take things like this so seriously, is because I myself have been plagiarized and it is truly and awful feeling. And that is all I have to say.

It could be entirely perspective, but I see it as a cover.

Think music. A "cover" is exactly the same song. That doesn't make it any less your creation, if anything, you're just paying homage to the original source.

She said in the OP that it was based off of it. I don't know what else you expect without being unrealistic (like having to post a link to the wiki every chance she gets).

All she's doing is taking the source material and redoing it to her style.
It's not like she was trying to hide or deny the fact, people just instantly jumped on it the second cable posted that link.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on April 01, 2012, 10:26:59 PM
It could be entirely perspective, but I see it as a cover.

Think music. A "cover" is exactly the same song. That doesn't make it any less your creation, if anything, you're just paying homage to the original source.

She said in the OP that it was based off of it. I don't know what else you expect without being unrealistic (like having to post a link to the wiki every chance she gets).

All she's doing is taking the source material and redoing it to her style.
It's not like she was trying to hide or deny the fact, people just instantly jumped on it the second cable posted that link.
I suppose that makes sense in a way, but I just feel like with writing it is different. I don't really have a problem with the art more so as I do with the storyline itself. She copied some things word for word; and I could possibly be the only person who just doesn't think that's right. But that is my own opinion, I am not to make my statements out there to be rude, but merely a suggestion, you can say. What she does and doesn't do with her comic is up to her. Having people call out things like this though shouldn't start and uproar, but should just be looked into and clarified.

Things like this happens to those who make stories and pictures alike. You just must know how to handle it. I wish this whole thing wouldn't have taken such a turn for the worst, because a mere citation at the beginning to the original author could have easily stopped this from happening. I am sure a lot of people might think that, within this community assumptions are to be made, and that she was making this for us and that this whole thing is ridiculous; but even so being a bit honorable about your work makes a world of difference online, and especially in the real world. So this is important, even if it might not seem like it is.
Post by: Cable on April 01, 2012, 10:33:12 PM
which Cable and his friends happily posted a link to.

I would like to clarify that I only posted the link. Nothing else. Don't shove me into the spotlight.
Post by: Deacon on April 01, 2012, 10:34:37 PM
I would like to clarify that I only posted the link. Nothing else. Don't shove me into the spotlight.

A: You started this, spotlight's on you bud.

B: CONTINUE. <edit, @ purple>

Post by: Deathie on April 01, 2012, 10:39:53 PM
I suppose that makes sense in a way, but I just feel like with writing it is different. I don't really have a problem with the art more so as I do with the storyline itself. She copied some things word for word; and I could possibly be the only person who just doesn't think that's right. But that is my own opinion, I am not to make my statements out there to be rude, but merely a suggestion, you can say. What she does and doesn't do with her comic is up to her. Having people call out things like this though shouldn't start and uproar, but should just be looked into and clarified.

Well, here's my issue.

She said what it was. She said it was her version of the game. She wasn't trying to hide it. She didn't even really ask for kudos on the story, just the art. After all, it's a manga project, not a writing one.

My issue is people calling her out on it and saying how disappointed they are, when she said in the initial post, clearly what it was.

Hell, might as well nitpick on all the niconico and ytpmv fads.

Canon Crusher (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql2fX3pfWO8#ws)

You could say everything you said about Purple about this video. The background/main song was taken from something else, and the creator doesn't say what the original name of the song is in the title or description.

That doesn't mean shit though. The video is still amazing. A shitload of effort went into pitch shifting, effects, everything. He's not trying to take credit for the song. He's not even saying it's an original or anything. He took the source and completely changed it to his own style, his own creation. The video is his, even if the song isn't.

I feel you're just confusing tribute for plagiarism.

Don't pull that shit. You said it to clearly provoke a response from the other users. If you didn't mean for it to be malicious, you would have at least explained why you posted it.

I'm siding with purple on this. Your ideology is pretty much attacking me too, since 75% of the content on my youtube channel are covers of other compositions.
Post by: Cable on April 01, 2012, 10:48:54 PM
A: You started this, spotlight's on you bud.

B: CONTINUE. <edit, @ purple>

I was the first one to post it yes, but I wasn't the first to find out about it, bud.

It would have been brought up by someone else eventually anyways.

edit
Lets look at it from MY point of view, shall we?

"Oh look here, its a comic that looks VERY similar to the op. I'll just post it up and see what happens."

I didn't post any opinions on it. Therfore I am at a neutral standpoint.
Post by: Deathie on April 01, 2012, 10:53:07 PM
I was the first one to post it yes, but I wasn't the first to find out about it, bud.

Of course you aren't the first person to find out because she's said it multiple times.

Jesus Christ, Sherlock.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on April 01, 2012, 10:54:31 PM
Well, here's my issue.

She said what it was. She said it was her version of the game. She wasn't trying to hide it. She didn't even really ask for kudos on the story, just the art. After all, it's a manga project, not a writing one.

My issue is people calling her out on it and saying how disappointed they are, when she said in the initial post, clearly what it was.

Hell, might as well nitpick on all the niconico and ytpmv fads.

Canon Crusher (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql2fX3pfWO8#ws)

You could say everything you said about Purple about this video. The background/main song was taken from something else, and the creator doesn't say what the original name of the song is in the title or description.

That doesn't mean shit though. The video is still amazing. A shitload of effort went into pitch shifting, effects, everything. He's not trying to take credit for the song. He's not even saying it's an original or anything. He took the source and completely changed it to his own style, his own creation. The video is his, even if the song isn't.

I feel you're just confusing tribute for plagiarism.

Don't pull that shit. You said it to clearly provoke a response from the other users. If you didn't mean for it to be malicious, you would have at least explained why you posted it.

I'm siding with purple on this. Your ideology is pretty much attacking me too, since 75% of the content on my youtube channel are covers of other compositions.
You have your opinions, and I'll have mine. And I respect yours none the less.
Post by: Purple on April 01, 2012, 10:59:46 PM

edit
Lets look at it from MY point of view, shall we?

"Oh look here, its a comic that looks VERY similar to the op.I'll just post it up and see what happens."

I didn't post any opinions on it. Therfore I am at a neutral standpoint.
"see what happens" You just implied that you started the whole thing. Why not let someone else post it instead of you if you were so certain that it would be posted later? It would have saved you the trouble of getting involved, which you are indeed.
Post by: Cable on April 01, 2012, 11:01:25 PM
"see what happens" You just implied that you started the whole thing. Why not let someone else post it instead of you if you were so certain that it would be posted later? It would have saved you the trouble of getting involved, which you are indeed.
Either way, my standpoint is neutral.
Post by: Don on April 01, 2012, 11:11:52 PM
APRIL FOOLS GUYS PURPLE MADE BOTH COMICS!!!!1!
This comment actually gets +1s.
I can't even find a picture to express my feelings towards that.
Imagine a mix of disappointment, confusion and anger.
Post by: Cable on April 01, 2012, 11:16:43 PM
This comment actually gets +1s.
I can't even find a picture to express my feelings towards that.
Imagine a mix of disappointment, confusion and anger.

But it was a joke?
Post by: Don on April 01, 2012, 11:17:15 PM
But it was a joke?
It was neither funny nor appropriate?
Post by: Cable on April 01, 2012, 11:19:57 PM
It was neither funny nor appropriate?
I don't think appropriate will apply to an online gaming forum dude.
Post by: Frank on April 01, 2012, 11:25:26 PM
(http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/249/852/ded.jpg)

I have done really mean things in the past, but you guys took it to a whole new level. Not only you attacked Purple from a place of oblivion, but you actually tried to validate your point by attacking her even more. All the effort she made for you, not asking for anything back, not complaining, and you bash her because although she plays the piano very nice, she didn't compose the 5Th symphony, and your ignorance made you believe she had. And oh wow, when you realise she hadn't, you unleash hell on the poor youngster.
I am disappointed.

I don't think appropriate will apply to an online gaming forum dude.
Online gaming forums =/= right to hate/attack/insult/offend/act inconsiderately
Post by: Xrain on April 02, 2012, 03:12:12 AM
Purple, the comic is beyond awesome, please continue!!! :thumbsup:

To everyone else,

Please shut your faces. (fingers?) :)

(BUT OMG XRAIN WHAT ABOUT <insert complaint about copyright> )

What you are currently attempting to do, is debate the internet version of cognitive dissonance. Everyone will have different opinions, probably waste countless days arguing about something that has been argued about since time immemorial; Meanwhile you will only serve to run purple off, and slightly inflate and polish your own viewpoint.

I myself am finding the temptation to yell at you knaves about your ignorance in what copyright means, but I wont. As this is neither the time nor the place to do so.

It was your post, if you really meant to not cause anything, you either:

1: Write something clarifying you exact intentions and opinion.
2: Don't post in the first place, every action has a reaction, intentional or otherwise.

Just because someone else was going to post it, isn't a good reason either; if someone else really is going to, let them, that is their own prerogative. They can deal with the ensuing fires.

What your basically attempting to say you were doing was; standing there, with a can of gasoline, splashing it onto a fire while saying "I AM NOT TRYING TO CHANGE THE TEMPERATURE OF THE FIRE! I am only putting this gasoline on it just in case."

Things like this happens to those who make stories and pictures alike. You just must know how to handle it. I wish this whole thing wouldn't have taken such a turn for the worst, because a mere citation at the beginning to the original author could have easily stopped this from happening. I am sure a lot of people might think that, within this community assumptions are to be made, and that she was making this for us and that this whole thing is ridiculous; but even so being a bit honorable about your work makes a world of difference online, and especially in the real world. So this is important, even if it might not seem like it is.

You're correct, things like this shouldn't make an uproar; but communism should also work just fine, right?                                       (Too subtle? basically, humans don't always react as they should)

But in all seriousness, there are certainly ways to broach this subject in a manner that doesn't vilify the person.

This...
Wow... :\
Wasn't one of them.

It's great when someone can start from scratch, make a compelling world and accompanying characters, plot, dialog, and imagery. But you know what, 99% of the time that's not where you start from. Like a calculus teacher once told me; "You don't ride a bike before you can walk"

What purpal is doing is quite fantastic, I can tell she has put a lot of thought and work into the comic. It's all the better she planned the use that story from the beginning, it gave her someone to start, and reduced the workload she had until completion. Starting with a blank page is one of the hardest things to do, and not really necessary in this situation.

Trying to ride the bike before you walk is certainty a way to learn, and it teaches you valuable things for your later projects. But purpal seemed to want to deliver a story to us, and taking some of the work load off is a prudent decision to be successful. Almost any of the successful game Mods you see are successful for one of two reasons. A: They left a long trail of failed mods they learned from. B: They started small and worked their way up.

To purpal again,

I'm sorry that you had to run into something like this, what you are doing isn't fine, it's bloody awesome.

I know it sucks, but this will frequently happen no matter what you embark upon. It's like human kinds mission to find something to pick apart if they have the chance. I've had to deal with it in every single project I have worked on, large or small. You just gotta put out the fires you can and keep going.

I am really looking forward to the rest of it, so please continue!

PS to the rest of you:
Post by: Seb on April 02, 2012, 04:15:33 AM
asdf

I love you.
Post by: Deathie on April 02, 2012, 04:17:20 AM
I love you.

But you-

Nevermind.
Post by: Sabb on April 02, 2012, 04:48:12 AM

I tl;dr'd past this point because I'm on my phone right now.... but I just want to say that I didn't mean to just belittle your entire work put into the comic. I'm just kind of disappointed that you played it off like you were making an original story for us. Never once when I talked to you, or on this thread aside from the tiny broad statement saying that you were using the idea from something else. I just think that you should have made it a lot more obvious... even with reading that spoiler, I still thought you were making a story for us, not just for the most part editing images from someone elses' work. I basically just feel almost lied to sort of. But anyways... wih that being said I don't think that you should stop making it. I still will enjoy it, I just wish you would have said exactly what you were doing from the start. (That tiny spoiler is quite broad... you should have just said that you were more or less adding our characters into a comic which was already made)

As for coolz, I slightly agree and disagree with the stuff you're saying. I'm sorry that it pretty much became an attack on Purple, but I think everyone was just upset because they weren't really specifically told what she was doing. And about the plaigirism thing... what she's doing is exact plaigirism lol. Yes, technically there are no original ideas because your ideas are alwaye based off of your experiences... but Purple directly took images from the other comic without permission to my understanding, and on top of that gave no direct credit to them... at least not enough. Not trying to attack Purple, I'm just saying that what she did really is completely plaigirism.

EDIT: The whole thing saying it was an April fools joke... was a joke. Not meant as sarcasm, just wanted to lighten the mood lol...
Post by: Frank on April 02, 2012, 08:44:59 AM
I think what Purple did was pretty okay. What you guys want is like having a game reassuring you all the time that it's just a game, and completely fuck immersion.

Purple rox.
Post by: Purple on April 02, 2012, 11:17:34 AM
I tl;dr'd past this point because I'm on my phone right now.... but I just want to say that I didn't mean to just belittle your entire work put into the comic. I'm just kind of disappointed that you played it off like you were making an original story for us. Never once when I talked to you, or on this thread aside from the tiny broad statement saying that you were using the idea from something else. I just think that you should have made it a lot more obvious... even with reading that spoiler, I still thought you were making a story for us, not just for the most part editing images from someone elses' work. I basically just feel almost lied to sort of. But anyways... wih that being said I don't think that you should stop making it. I still will enjoy it, I just wish you would have said exactly what you were doing from the start. (That tiny spoiler is quite broad... you should have just said that you were more or less adding our characters into a comic which was already made)

As for coolz, I slightly agree and disagree with the stuff you're saying. I'm sorry that it pretty much became an attack on Purple, but I think everyone was just upset because they weren't really specifically told what she was doing. And about the plaigirism thing... what she's doing is exact plaigirism lol. Yes, technically there are no original ideas because your ideas are alwaye based off of your experiences... but Purple directly took images from the other comic without permission to my understanding, and on top of that gave no direct credit to them... at least not enough. Not trying to attack Purple, I'm just saying that what she did really is completely plaigirism.

EDIT: The whole thing saying it was an April fools joke... was a joke. Not meant as sarcasm, just wanted to lighten the mood lol...
My response in a nutshell, you should probably read my entire post and other posts made before saying things like that.

I did not play it off like it was my own story, I specifically mentioned Dangan Ronpa in the op even if it was a side note, and I also mentioned that if you had anything that would try to cause an argument to talk to me about it privately and avoid things like this. What I did was not plaigirism. Plaigirism is saying that "Yes this is all mine I made it all myself." which I did not say, nor imply it was.

If you wanted me to give the creators of the game more credit which I agree I should have gave them more, you could have talked to me about it in a private chat so that all of this could have been avoided.

and I'm sorely upset that none of you came to me first before trying to ruin the entire comic, especially you Cable, even though you only posted the link, you could have came to me and said "My friends we're talking about your comic and I got this link that I think it looks very similar to yours, care to explain?" before posting it and starting this. You have absolutely no excuse to what you did, you didn't even think for a second about me or how this could all have been avoided.

--Also, that "joke" you pulled Sabb, wasn't very friendly, it made me look like an idiot and I would like an apology.
Post by: Sabb on April 02, 2012, 11:52:12 AM
My response in a nutshell, you should probably read my entire post and other posts made before saying things like that.

I did not play it off like it was my own story, I specifically mentioned Dangan Ronpa in the op even if it was a side note, and I also mentioned that if you had anything that would try to cause an argument to talk to me about it privately and avoid things like this. What I did was not plaigirism. Plaigirism is saying that "Yes this is all mine I made it all myself." which I did not say, nor imply it was.

If you wanted me to give the creators of the game more credit which I agree I should have gave them more, you could have talked to me about it in a private chat so that all of this could have been avoided.

and I'm sorely upset that none of you came to me first before trying to ruin the entire comic, especially you Cable, even though you only posted the link, you could have came to me and said "My friends we're talking about your comic and I got this link that I think it looks very similar to yours, care to explain?" before posting it and starting this. You have absolutely no excuse to what you did, you didn't even think for a second about me or how this could all have been avoided.

--Also, that "joke" you pulled Sabb, wasn't very friendly, it made me look like an idiot and I would like an apology.
I read the entire thread actually... but okay.
If you read through my whole comment I believe I said several times that I wasn't really as upset about it being "plaigirism" or w.e as that you didn't really even mention it, the only time being in the op in the spoiler. And I talked to you about the comic several times and complimented you about it a decent amount, and you didn't once mention that you were getting the story from something else. But anyways... I'm sorry you took offence to that... I didn't mean it that way, I'm not a complete asshole ._.. It wasn't in any way to make fun of you AT ALL, though I see how you could interpret it that way I guess... so I'm sorry. Also, I actually sent you a few messages in Skype a while ago for when you go on. I don't really want to argue about this any more or anything so... I think everyone's stated their opinion. And no, it's not something bad that I messaged you.
Post by: Frank on April 02, 2012, 11:58:30 AM
I read the entire thread actually... but okay.
If you read through my whole comment I believe I said several times that I wasn't really as upset about it being "plaigirism" or w.e as that you didn't really even mention it, the only time being in the op in the spoiler. And I talked to you about the comic several times and complimented you about it a decent amount, and you didn't once mention that you were getting the story from something else. But anyways... I'm sorry you took offence to that... I didn't mean it that way, I'm not a complete asshole ._.. It wasn't in any way to make fun of you AT ALL, though I see how you could interpret it that way I guess... so I'm sorry. Also, I actually sent you a few messages in Skype a while ago for when you go on. I don't really want to argue about this any more or anything so... I think everyone's stated their opinion. And no, it's not something bad that I messaged you.
Because maybe Purple thought everyone had read the side note and was complimenting her about the changes she had done.
Post by: Sabb on April 02, 2012, 12:08:12 PM
Because maybe Purple thought everyone had read the side note and was complimenting her about the changes she had done.
>implying I didn't read the sidenote
._.
I've said many times that I knew about the sidenote but that I wish she had explained what she was actually doing, as just the way she talked about it and stuff made it seem like she was making the story, so I thought she was actually making her own story but using content from the other manga thing.
Post by: Frank on April 02, 2012, 12:16:57 PM
>implying I didn't read the sidenote
._.
I've said many times that I knew about the sidenote but that I wish she had explained what she was actually doing, as just the way she talked about it and stuff made it seem like she was making the story, so I thought she was actually making her own story but using content from the other manga thing.

Spoiler: sidenote (click to show/hide)
>remodel
>same structure, different characters
Post by: Alphaggot on April 02, 2012, 12:21:45 PM
I would love to see you continue this. All I'm going to actually say on this matter.
Post by: Sabb on April 02, 2012, 12:24:31 PM
>remodel
>same structure, different characters
Because remodel specifically means "I'm going to take the content from another manga and edit the images to suit our characters". ._.
Post by: Frank on April 02, 2012, 12:26:13 PM
Because remodel specifically means "I'm going to take the content from another manga and edit the images to suit our characters". ._.
It's all in the semantics. You can read whatever you want, but for me it's pretty clear what she meant.
Post by: Sabb on April 02, 2012, 12:27:32 PM
It's all in the semantics. You can read whatever you want, but for me it's pretty clear what she meant.
That's not really what I wanted to read, that's just not what I read ._..
Post by: Frank on April 02, 2012, 12:30:52 PM
That's not really what I wanted to read, that's just not what I read ._..
Yeah sorry, people can't really just read what they want. I meant as in "you may have read that, but I'm pretty sure she meant otherwise."

(sowwy if I sound harsh, I'm trying not to)
Post by: Sabb on April 02, 2012, 12:33:29 PM
Yeah sorry, people can't really just read what they want. I meant as in "you may have read that, but I'm pretty sure she meant otherwise."

(sowwy if I sound harsh, I'm trying not to)
Alright lol.
Post by: yoshi on April 02, 2012, 12:45:03 PM
This thread is full of nipples.

Again, this fight is pointless though it's a fan comic for goddamn sake.
itakewlcomicpurpleexceptsomecharacterlookweirdbutok.
Post by: Devie on April 02, 2012, 01:12:56 PM
I didn't mean it that way, I'm not a complete asshole ._..

yes you are
bitch
Post by: Sabb on April 02, 2012, 01:15:21 PM
yes you are
bitch
Not... a total... asshole... :(
Post by: coolzeldad on April 02, 2012, 01:53:34 PM
split this from op for reference

Btw, I would love to see you continue the story purple as well as many people I've talked to :)
Post by: Sabb on April 02, 2012, 02:00:36 PM
split this from op for reference

Btw, I would love to see you continue the story purple as well as many people I've talked to :)
Again, this either way.
Post by: Seb on April 02, 2012, 02:47:25 PM
Again, this either way.