Author Topic: This lass' got my brain twisted  (Read 392 times)

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
This lass' got my brain twisted
« on: October 26, 2011, 07:16:59 PM »
Aye din know howta read the lass, a kooky species she is.  I feel an attraction coming, but don't know if my gut has a reaction for me to listen to yet.

So a couple of weeks ago, I met this guy and girl in the place where most of my friends hang out.  They're both in the same math class, so they hang out together - or rather did.   This past Monday she was down in the dumps because she was lead on by this friend - who had fallen for somebody else, and began dating.  So that day, we're talking about things unrelated to that, the fact that she is, and I am AS WELL, ADHD/Aspergers only fueled more conversation until it drifted back to her upset, which lead me to bring in my own experiences and talked about that a little before going home. 

We wanted to hang out again - so, I picked the one day I didn't have classes to come in since I also wanted to be away from my computer and thus able to get some class work done.  We strike up conversation again - then she goes to class.  By now it is established that we both have the same disorders, and habitually, and intellectually have the same quirks and pet peeves.  Funny, eh?  So after her class, we hang out again and keep talking.  She had to go to a club meeting on campus, and wanted to cut it short so she could trundle across campus to get to where she needed to go. 

Fuck that, she decided not to go - and to stay and hang out with me [and said, "I'd rather hang out with you"].  Before long, the table we were sitting at was overrun with people who wanted to play some Magic the Gathering, so we trundled across campus a little - continued conversation finding out that we share a lot of the same likes in music, movies, etc - and the same dislikes about the modern mainstream music.  At this point we both realize, "Holy shit, this is like talking to an exact clone of me! This is awesome!"  :trollface: :trollface:

Sitting outside, we were both chilling our asses off, so we decide to go inside - to the building where her next class is.  We are hanging out, and talking some more - at this point, she is expressing some mild outward affection - as was I was in response... nothing much, things like she would rest her head on my shoulder, place her hand on mine, things like that.  The way she was looking at me, and how close physically to me she was I kinda noticed, but not that much because I was wrapped up in conversation, AND nervous as hell about all sorts of things.  As the hour drew closer and closer to her class' start, and that time passed further and further away, she stayed, we talked - I joked, she joked, we both laughed in response.  Eventually I DID have to go home though, at which we said our good-byes and she expressed interest in hanging out again.  [EDIT:Addendum] At this point, she left for class, or rather, what was left of it.  It was now 4:05 PM.  Her class started at 1 PM, and went until 5PM.  To her confession, she had never chosen to skip [most of a] class to hang out with ANYBODY before.   I asked when she was free, and found out - I have class from 8AM to 3PM tomorrow [and every Thursday], so I said "If I don't see you tomorrow, definitely Friday?"  Which she gladly accepted noting she gout out of class at noon.  NBD, my only class is from 10AM-11AM on Friday.

Part of me wonders if this is residual from her recouping from her feelings about the other person, a bit of attraction, or what I think it could be, a little of both?  What should I do from here, should I NOT do, how should I approach this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:33:40 PM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Ἆxule

Re: This lass' got my brain twisted
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 07:33:22 PM »
If she's using you, she'll stop needing you agter awhile.
With that said, take things slow if you can.
If after awhile she's still expressing herself like that, then I'm pretty sure she likes you.

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »
is she hot

Offline ·UηİŦ··

• eeeeeeeeeee
  • Windows UserApple UserOld Forum MemberLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Exit left.
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »
Aye din know howta read the lass, a kooky species she is.  I feel an attraction coming, but don't know if my gut has a reaction for me to listen to yet.

So a couple of weeks ago, I met this guy and girl in the place where most of my friends hang out.  They're both in the same math class, so they hang out together - or rather did.   This past Monday she was down in the dumps because she was lead on by this friend - who had fallen for somebody else, and began dating.  So that day, we're talking about things unrelated to that, the fact that she is, and I am AS WELL, ADHD/Aspergers only fueled more conversation until it drifted back to her upset, which lead me to bring in my own experiences and talked about that a little before going home. 

We wanted to hang out again - so, I picked the one day I didn't have classes to come in since I also wanted to be away from my computer and thus able to get some class work done.  We strike up conversation again - then she goes to class.  By now it is established that we both have the same disorders, and habitually, and intellectually have the same quirks and pet peeves.  Funny, eh?  So after her class, we hang out again and keep talking.  She had to go to a club meeting on campus, and wanted to cut it short so she could trundle across campus to get to where she needed to go. 

Fuck that, she decided not to go - and to stay and hang out with me [and said, "I'd rather hang out with you"].  Before long, the table we were sitting at was overrun with people who wanted to play some Magic the Gathering, so we trundled across campus a little - continued conversation finding out that we share a lot of the same likes in music, movies, etc - and the same dislikes about the modern mainstream music.  At this point we both realize, "Holy shit, this is like talking to an exact clone of me! This is awesome!"  :trollface: :trollface:

Sitting outside, we were both chilling our asses off, so we decide to go inside - to the building where her next class is.  We are hanging out, and talking some more - at this point, she is expressing some mild outward affection - as was I was in response... nothing much, things like she would rest her head on my shoulder, place her hand on mine, things like that.  The way she was looking at me, and how close physically to me she was I kinda noticed, but not that much because I was wrapped up in conversation, AND nervous as hell about all sorts of things.  As the hour drew closer and closer to her class' start, and that time passed further and further away, she stayed, we talked - I joked, she joked, we both laughed in response.  Eventually I DID have to go home though, at which we said our good-byes and she expressed interest in hanging out again.  I asked when she was free, and found out - I have class from 8AM to 3PM tomorrow [and every Thursday], so I said "If I don't see you tomorrow, definitely Friday?"  Which she gladly accepted noting she gout out of class at noon.  NBD, my only class is from 10AM-11AM on Friday.

Part of me wonders if this is residual from her recouping from her feelings about the other person, a bit of attraction, or what I think it could be, a little of both?  What should I do from here, should I NOT do, how should I approach this?

You found your mirror image. 1:1,000,000 chances for that to happen.

You work together: This is a benefit. You enjoy things she does and vice-versa, and not just that "Oh, yeah, I like that I guess."

She's a lady: Self Explanatory.

You can have a "heart-to-heart" conversation with her: Bonus 10 points.

Break up: She may be replacing the friend with you. Then again, she may very well have the hots for you. And then again, it could be both and then taper off into most likely the latter. That's a good thing if it does. And if it doesn't, what's stopping you from making you change your mind and realize that you're always the one you wanted? (silly joke asdf)

All in all I think you should listen to Ἆxule. But totally go for it.

Then again if she's a female counterpart of yourself, she most likely thinks like you do, which it may just so happen that the way you feel about her is the way she feels about you.

Which means you should totally go for it.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 08:31:52 PM »
Did I mention At the point I left, she left for class, or rather, what was left of it.  It was, at that time, 4:05 PM.  Her class started at 1 PM, and went until 5PM.  To her confession, she had never chosen to skip [most of a] class to hang out with ANYBODY before.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:34:27 PM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Ἆxule

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 09:01:09 PM »
Did I mention At the point I left, she left for class, or rather, what was left of it.  It was, at that time, 4:05 PM.  Her class started at 1 PM, and went until 5PM.  To her confession, she had never chosen to skip [most of a] class to hang out with ANYBODY before.

I personally don't believe she's using you for what happened before

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 12:45:35 AM »
That's pretty kewl man, I'd say go for it and good luck :)
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 09:37:22 AM »
So my general biology lab [8AM - 10AM] ended about 45 minutes early today, so I raced across campus knowing she'd be in the lounge my friends and I hang out in. 

I walk in, walk towards the end of the lounge then turn around, she gets up and I bearhugged.  We sit down, and the affection begins.  She begins by telling me that she was really happy to see me, same with me [as in, I said that back], and from then until I had to leave for class, we were talking, hand touching, cuddling like crazy, talking about enjoying being together, etc.  It was funny, she didn't get in trouble for being that late to class.  :D

So now I'm in my Data Structures class typing this.  Right before I stopped in with the intent of asking another friend for his advice.  As  soon as I walk up to him, his head picks up from his gameboy and says "So, you and [so-and-so]..." - I began explaining yesterday's events, which he already heard about.   He interrupted to tell me he heard, then told me "go for it" "she likes you" "She's a really nice gir" - and so on.  After nnoting I  did have feelings about her - but wasn't sure if I should follow it or not, "go for it" was the reply.

Guess I'm going for it. :D

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
    • The Vault
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 09:54:21 AM »
If she just broke up with someone be careful could just be rebound...

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »
If she just broke up with someone be careful could just be rebound...

She didn't break up with anyone -> was mislead into thinking somebody liked her, either way I am cautious about going on with this, but I also remain highly optimistic.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:34:43 AM by Travelsonic »

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 05:13:37 PM »
This was really interesting to read.   :o
Kinda worth my time.  :thumbsup:

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 05:20:01 PM »
After today, I seriously think she likes me.  ;D

Offline StartedBullet

• Blissfully unaware, or am I?
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 06:45:01 PM »
Gratz man, I say milk this thing for what it's worth ( a hell of a lot).

You got a chance few of us get, use it well.
Turned a new leaf.

Furry artist.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 09:11:45 PM »
This is actually kinda ... overwhelming- so many new experiences, feelings.... *brain explode*

Offline Ἆxule

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 09:13:19 PM »
It's actually pretty funny that this is happening to you.
Just yesterday on my way home from school, these two girls asked what grade I was in.
After telling them, one girl was saying how she was showing the other girl around the school b/c she was new here.
She's from Finland, which I thought was pretty cool.

I thought they stopped me to ask directions or something, but we only talked about each other.
During all of this, I was a little caught off guard, and later that night I remembered I forgot to ask for the new girls name.
So I decided the next time I saw her, I'd ask for it.

Well the next day (today) they found me again, and after talking again for a few minutes before school, I found out this girl is into soccer like me as well as a few other things.

Anyways, hoping for the best for both you and I, Travel ; )

Quote from: TravelSonic
This is actually kinda ... overwhelming- so many new experiences, feelings.... *brain explode*

With you on there buddy
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:15:53 PM by Ἆxule »