Author Topic: Placing C4 in a corpse's pockets.  (Read 696 times)

Offline SheepsAholy

• Respect: +10
Re: Placing C4 in a corpse's pockets.
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2011, 12:42:40 PM »
Why don't you make it where if you place a c4 on the body it ropes it to the floor or wall, eliminating the ability for it to be unreachable. And also force the player that identifies it into a defuse mode that he cannot cancel or it will explode and has about 2 minutes to defuse. make it have 4 wires to cut so they have a 25% change to get it right and if they mess up hurt them for like 50 damage is all with a little pow noise. If the defuse menu is closed do 70 damage and burn the body.

The body can be a id or un-id body. if they get it correct the defuse menu will disappear and the c4 will just self destruct leaving only the body AND if you are too scared to cut the wire or near death and know someone can come up to check the body they can check it as long as the timer isn't up, a  incorrect wire isn't cut, and the defuse menu is left open. If the incorrect wire is cut however the body will be unable to be id and lit on fire and disappear.

Make it cost 2 credits
The blast radius idea and stuff is good as well as we don't want everyone in entire area to be hit for 50 damage.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2011, 12:54:22 PM »
My opinion on the whole thing:

If it's to be added, it should have to cost 2 credits, only damage people within ID range of the body, and do 80 damage to the person who is IDing the body, about 20-50 to people around the body if it explodes, and the person IDing should have 5 seconds to cut a wire before it explodes. When someone is trying to defuse the C4, no one else can examine the body. The person defusing the C4 shouldn't be able to exit the defuse menu. The C4 should be the size of a grenade and placed into the pocket in the jacket or in some area that it is visible, but very hard to notice (you wouldn't notice it from a distance). This could even just be a small bump in the jack or something along those lines. The C4 also DOES NOT HAVE A TIMER except when someone examines the body, which gives 5 seconds until the body explodes. To prevent players from picking up the body and moving it from harm's way once the body is being examined, the body should not collide with props or be able to be lifted or moved in any way.

IMO, that's the only way that it will work and be fair. It has a lot of IFs though, because a lot of that would, I imagine, be difficult to code and to have work, and there's a lot of room for error. It is a good idea though, if possible, and would make TTT much more interesting and fun. It would be nice to have some more semi-original concepts to RND TTT as well.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2011, 01:33:30 PM »
Why don't you make it where if you place a c4 on the body it ropes it to the floor or wall, eliminating the ability for it to be unreachable. And also force the player that identifies it into a defuse mode that he cannot cancel or it will explode and has about 2 minutes to defuse. make it have 4 wires to cut so they have a 25% change to get it right and if they mess up hurt them for like 50 damage is all with a little pow noise. If the defuse menu is closed do 70 damage and burn the body.

The body can be a id or un-id body. if they get it correct the defuse menu will disappear and the c4 will just self destruct leaving only the body AND if you are too scared to cut the wire or near death and know someone can come up to check the body they can check it as long as the timer isn't up, a  incorrect wire isn't cut, and the defuse menu is left open. If the incorrect wire is cut however the body will be unable to be id and lit on fire and disappear.

Make it cost 2 credits
The blast radius idea and stuff is good as well as we don't want everyone in entire area to be hit for 50 damage.

Holy shit what, where did you come from?

Offline Mehis

• lolbai
  • Respect: +88
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2011, 02:36:13 PM »
My opinion on the whole thing:

If it's to be added, it should have to cost 2 credits, only damage people within ID range of the body, and do 80 damage to the person who is IDing the body, about 20-50 to people around the body if it explodes, and the person IDing should have 5 seconds to cut a wire before it explodes. When someone is trying to defuse the C4, no one else can examine the body. The person defusing the C4 shouldn't be able to exit the defuse menu. The C4 should be the size of a grenade and placed into the pocket in the jacket or in some area that it is visible, but very hard to notice (you wouldn't notice it from a distance). This could even just be a small bump in the jack or something along those lines. The C4 also DOES NOT HAVE A TIMER except when someone examines the body, which gives 5 seconds until the body explodes. To prevent players from picking up the body and moving it from harm's way once the body is being examined, the body should not collide with props or be able to be lifted or moved in any way.

IMO, that's the only way that it will work and be fair. It has a lot of IFs though, because a lot of that would, I imagine, be difficult to code and to have work, and there's a lot of room for error. It is a good idea though, if possible, and would make TTT much more interesting and fun. It would be nice to have some more semi-original concepts to RND TTT as well.

If it's to be added, it should have to cost 2 credits, only damage people within ID range of the body, and do 80 damage to the person who is IDing the body, about 20-50 to people around the body if it explodes

Easily UP. I like the idea where you place the C4, which you already have. Like i said before, then it would need to be pretty much seperate weapon. No cost and 5 seconds isn't enough, if you can't leave from defuse menu.
Too small radius! Come on! You can like run away from that and it would cost 2 points? -_-

The C4 should be the size of a grenade and placed into the pocket in the jacket or in some area that it is visible, but very hard to notice (you wouldn't notice it from a distance).
UP, but our 'favorite' idea (pretty much) would be better. Just regular C4.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:44:01 PM by Mehis »

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2011, 02:42:05 PM »
Easily UP. I like the idea where you place the C4, which you already have. Like i said before, then it would need to be pretty much seperate weapon. No cost and 5 seconds isn't enough, if you can't leave from defuse menu.
Too small radius! Come on! You can like run away from that and it would cost 2 points? -_-

That would ok idea for your idea, but for our 'favorite' (pretty much) would be better.
It would cost 2 points because it's almost a guaranteed kill. I suppose 1 point would be fine too though.
Why would 5 seconds not be enough?
It doesn't take long to cut one wire... no thinking involved.

Offline Mehis

• lolbai
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »
It would cost 2 points because it's almost a guaranteed kill. I suppose 1 point would be fine too though.
Why would 5 seconds not be enough?
It doesn't take long to cut one wire... no thinking involved.

I edited my post little bit, btw.

You would be able to warn others.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2011, 02:52:27 PM »
I edited my post little bit, btw.

You would be able to warn others.
Yea, IMO it shouldn't.

Offline Captain Communism

• What?
  • No really, what?
  • Respect: +230
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
If it's gonna take trial and error, maybe we should make a test server or something that's pass protected.
Put the pass in the Senior members section possibly.

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
  • Respect: +805
    • Random Gaming
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2011, 11:57:19 AM »
HEY ! I also like big text! You and I share the same liking!

MY TEXT IS BIGGER.

Offline cogsandspigots

• Respect: +612
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2011, 12:04:21 PM »
MY TEXT IS BIGGER.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2011, 12:12:38 PM »
MY TEXT IS THE BIGGE-- oh wat...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:19:14 PM by Jman »

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2011, 12:27:16 PM »
MY TEXT IS THE BIGGE-- oh wat...

demoted

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2011, 01:09:01 PM »
Jman's a massive fgt.jpg

Offline Mehis

• lolbai
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2011, 03:48:57 AM »
Before this offtopic gets any bigger... Can we get some kind of acceptation to this idea from coolz?

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2011, 09:42:50 PM »
I do have a way to counter a body bomb though. Detective buys binoculars and ID's the body from a safe distance. Will it still blow up?