.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Suggestions => Topic started by: Captain Communism on July 18, 2011, 01:54:09 PM

Title: Placing C4 in a corpse's pockets.
Post by: Captain Communism on July 18, 2011, 01:54:09 PM
Basically, this came from a time when I strapped C4 under a guy's body, then called a detective to it. I then thought, "wouldn't it be better if I could put the C4 IN the body instead of ON it?"
In any case, I would just like to see a feature where you could put C4 and other things inside of a corpse, then maybe call a detective to it.
Discuss.

EDIT: Had an idea. The corpse blocks most of the blast, so that only those REALLY close to it will die.
Or make a new wep called the body bomb, that requires 4 credits to purchase.
Title: Re: Placing C4 in a corpse's pockets.
Post by: Tomcat on July 18, 2011, 01:56:30 PM
Basically, this came from a time when I strapped C4 under a guy's body, then called a detective to it. I then thought, "wouldn't it be better if I could put the C4 IN the body instead of ON it?"
In any case, I would just like to see a feature where you could put C4 and other things inside of a corpse, then maybe call a detective to it.
Discuss.

in realism

you cant body pack c4

and it would make it so easy to kill
Post by: » Magic « on July 18, 2011, 02:00:39 PM
C4

not fit in pocket
Post by: Captain Communism on July 18, 2011, 02:27:54 PM
Maybe just find a way to discreetly hide it in a corpse, not necessarily pockets.
Post by: Deacon on July 18, 2011, 02:30:24 PM
this is actually a tactic used by the taliban...
they will leave the bodies of the dead packed with explosives so when soldiers approach, kaboom.

that being said, its not simple enough to fit it into ttt.
just drop bodies on it like you did before
Post by: Captain Communism on July 18, 2011, 02:32:32 PM
this is actually a tactic used by the taliban...
they will leave the bodies of the dead packed with explosives so when soldiers approach, kaboom.

that being said, its not simple enough to fit it into ttt.
just drop bodies on it like you did before
Meh, that tactic dates back to WWII I think.

As said in the edit, a body bomb that costs 4 credits and has a smaller blast.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 18, 2011, 02:33:43 PM
Played on a server with body bombs before....

Sorry Sanity, but no, just no. It made every single person paranoid of checking bodies or anything like that...How about, you make it cost 2 credits, can only plant it on identified bodies, and defuser can defuse body bombs if you use it on a body? Or possible 3 credits.
Post by: Captain Communism on July 18, 2011, 02:35:11 PM
Played on a server with body bombs before....

Sorry Sanity, but no, just no. It made every single person paranoid of checking bodies or anything like that...How about, you make it cost 2 credits, can only plant it on identified bodies, and defuser can defuse body bombs if you use it on a body? Or possible 3 credits.
This is much better.
Didn't know that was already implemented in other servers TBH...
Post by: Supertoaster on July 18, 2011, 02:56:01 PM
Maybe just find a way to discreetly hide it in a corpse, not necessarily pockets.
Rip open their stomach and put it inside.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 18, 2011, 02:56:58 PM
Rip open their stomach and put it inside.

You know the jackets that they have? The terrorists? Like the regular one that is on the icon? They could just open it up and place it in there....
Post by: ursus on July 18, 2011, 03:01:47 PM
ADD TOMAHAWKS AND EXPLOSIVE TIPPED CROSSBOW AND SECOND CHANCE AND KILLSTREAKS AND NUKES  AND 360 HEADSHOT NOSCOPE
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 18, 2011, 03:03:46 PM
ADD TOMAHAWKS AND EXPLOSIVE TIPPED CROSSBOW AND SECOND CHANCE AND KILLSTREAKS AND NUKES  AND 360 HEADSHOT NOSCOPE

(http://moo.randomgs.com/images/HKApproved.png)

Uploading to servar right nowww

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Post by: Seb on July 18, 2011, 03:25:00 PM

Hey, Last Stand Pro is a great perk.
Post by: ursus on July 18, 2011, 03:28:55 PM
Hey, Last Stand Pro is a great perk.

So is Sleight of Hand pro and Scavenger pro.

Which I got in 2 days.

Which goes to show what a shittingly easy game black ops is.
Post by: Alphaggot on July 18, 2011, 04:49:49 PM
So is Sleight of Hand pro and Scavenger pro.

Which I got in 2 days.

Which goes to show what a shittingly easy game black ops is.

Congratulations! You're now Prestige 10.
Post by: StartedBullet on July 18, 2011, 05:01:49 PM
Back on the topic.....

If you nerf the damage and make it cost two credits it'll be fine. However, I would like a strange bulge to appear on the corpse. This would show up as C4 duck taped to it. This would allow anyone with common sense to know there's something wrong. That way, you just check the body physically before identifying it. But it'll still work on some folks....
Post by: Captain Communism on July 18, 2011, 05:04:13 PM
Back on the topic.....

If you nerf the damage and make it cost two credits it'll be fine. However, I would like a strange bulge to appear on the corpse. This would show up as C4 duck taped to it. This would allow anyone with common sense to know there's something wrong. That way, you just check the body physically before identifying it. But it'll still work on some folks....
This.
Post by: Mehis on July 19, 2011, 03:39:39 AM
Back on the topic.....

Edit: Meanwhile i was messing around in 3ds Max:

Of course, the duck tape isn't textured yet and not so tape-ish.

Edit 2: Little better

Post by: Castle on July 19, 2011, 04:48:23 AM
Edit: Meanwhile i was messing around in 3ds Max:

Of course, the duck tape isn't textured yet and not so tape-ish.

Edit 2: Little better

Those are effing great ;)
Post by: Mehis on July 19, 2011, 10:29:05 AM
Those are effing great ;)

Thanks!

I made a little test so it fits into the playermodel.

(http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/420/c4ducktapetestimg.png)

Only problem would be the armor, which Cts and Ts playermodels have.
Post by: Devie on July 19, 2011, 01:08:24 PM
It's a little obvious there isnt it?

If it's gonna be that obvious and clear to see,... then at least make it to where it's not easy to spot who did it. As in, for example, the spy's sapper.

All the spy does is come up to the sentry and click and etc and it just fixes itself on the sentry.

Shit I don't know.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 19, 2011, 01:16:31 PM
It's a little obvious there isnt it?

If it's gonna be that obvious and clear to see,... then at least make it to where it's not easy to spot who did it. As in, for example, the spy's sapper.

All the spy does is come up to the sentry and click and etc and it just fixes itself on the sentry.

Shit I don't know.

The thing is, if it's a fixed position, the innocents will ALWAYS look there before they check the body, unless they do not know about it.

How about, wherever the traitor places the bomb, it goes to that position? Also, make the C4 smaller, like the size of the worldmodel (AKA:When you drop it, it's a tiny little C4 that looks cute and completely non-deadly xP). But with this, you would have to make the blast radius smaller, how about it just kills anyone within identification range?

EDIT: However, there's a problem with the manual placing of the C4, it would perhaps take too long and a innocent will just see them planting it and kill them before finishing it :/
Post by: Mehis on July 19, 2011, 02:06:30 PM
Also, make the C4 smaller, like the size of the worldmodel (AKA:When you drop it, it's a tiny little C4 that looks cute and completely non-deadly xP).
That is the world model. Normal C4 is that size.

Yea, it would be a bit obvious, but it could be a simple bind to balance it out. Like when you look at the corpse with C4, you press Alt + R and it places the C4 to the corpses stomach. When somebody checks the corpse they have 10 seconds to defuse the bomb. This would cost 2-3 points?
Post by: StartedBullet on July 19, 2011, 02:57:41 PM
How about you can choose where to plce it on the body? Like some interface and you choose a location.
You could scale it down to the size of a hand grenade.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 19, 2011, 03:17:01 PM
How about you can choose where to plce it on the body? Like some interface and you choose a location.

That's what I meant....As for Mehis's comment, I don't know what you are saying, be more clear.
Post by: Mehis on July 19, 2011, 03:25:33 PM

That's what I meant....As for Mehis's comment, I don't know what you are saying, be more clear.

You buy C4, Press Alt + R while looking at the corpse. When somebody checks the body, defuse screen will pop up and the person has 10 seconds to defuse it before it explodes.

Doing this would need a new bomb model, which would be seperate weapon. Scaling down the model would be bad idea. it would look totally dumb.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 19, 2011, 03:48:09 PM
You buy C4, Press Alt + R while looking at the corpse. When somebody checks the body, defuse screen will pop up and the person has 10 seconds to defuse it before it explodes.

Hmm, this actually sounds good. During that time, you cannot use voice chat or text chat, nor exit out of the screen. This way, the people will just think they are checking the body info, instead of trying to defuse a BAWMB xP
Post by: Captain Communism on July 19, 2011, 03:53:57 PM
Hmm, this actually sounds good. During that time, you cannot use voice chat or text chat, nor exit out of the screen. This way, the people will just think they are checking the body info, instead of trying to defuse a BAWMB xP
ADD NAO!!111!ONE!1

But srsly, this is the best version of this idea.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 19, 2011, 03:55:49 PM
ADD NAO!!111!ONE!1

But srsly, this is the best version of this idea.

But you can't see the c4 though.

Someone's prolly going to say you should but, that would be a bit UP.
Post by: Mehis on July 19, 2011, 04:14:37 PM
If the corpse is on stomach (facing down), C4 would appear in ground, unless C4 has collision and pops out of the ground. That would make the ragdoll to bounce off. It's probably impossible to code it, so ragdoll must be on back.
Post by: Captain Communism on July 19, 2011, 05:18:54 PM
STOP MAKING MY IDEA BETTER THAN I CAN MAKE IT!!!!!

/rage

Now for my actual reaction: I'm liking how this is coming along. If it's implemented, I will have MUCH more fun on TTT.
Post by: yoshi on July 19, 2011, 05:23:14 PM
Now the thing we need to worry is about innocent losing their karma for the bomb exploding everyone.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 19, 2011, 05:31:40 PM
Now the thing we need to worry is about innocent losing their karma for the bomb exploding everyone.

It wouldn't give the innocent the kill, it would give the traitor the kill.

And once you defuse it, it breaks.
Post by: cogsandspigots on July 19, 2011, 06:10:06 PM
It wouldn't give the innocent the kill, it would give the traitor the kill.

And once you defuse it, it breaks.
But provides DNA on the body that DOES NOT decay.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 19, 2011, 07:44:21 PM
But provides DNA on the body that DOES NOT decay.

Too OP, maybe it automatically gives the detective DNA if he checks the defused body within 1-2mins?
Post by: Sabb on July 19, 2011, 08:14:34 PM
I don't know if it has occurred to anyone that this probably won't be implemented due to an imbalance in the game... The game is currently well balanced and fair, adding this will unbalance it. A lot. 90% Sure It won't be implemented.
Post by: cogsandspigots on July 19, 2011, 09:18:10 PM
I don't know if it has occurred to anyone that this probably won't be implemented due to an imbalance in the game... The game is currently well balanced and fair, adding this will unbalance it. A lot. 90% Sure It won't be implemented.
Save idea for later, get some better D equipment, problem solved?
Post by: Mehis on July 20, 2011, 12:39:49 AM

This. I doubt that it's going to be added.
But, i can't see how would it unbalance the game...

Reducing the damage radius and adding DNA decoy time shouldn't be so unbalanced.
Post by: [Valor]iPounce on July 20, 2011, 08:09:39 AM
This. I doubt that it's going to be added.
But, i can't see how would it unbalance the game...

Reducing the damage radius and adding DNA decoy time shouldn't be so unbalanced.
There is already a decoy, for D's radar and his dna scanner
Post by: Mehis on July 22, 2011, 05:30:38 AM
There is already a decoy, for D's radar and his dna scanner

No, i meant adding more time before the DNA disappears from the body.
Post by: Jman on July 22, 2011, 06:29:11 AM
If I may add, there's a reason you cannot pick up c4s with magneto-stick or attatch c4s to movable entities in the first place. People would walk around with the c4 and follow the detective or other innocents and get them all killed. Hence, if you implemented this - even if someone actually made it possible and working (which I doubt) - people can put bodies in places you cannot get to, making the c4s impossible to defuse. This really would cause more bad than good, and I don't think it's at all neccessary.
Post by: Devie on July 22, 2011, 10:07:17 AM
If I may add, there's a reason you cannot pick up c4s with magneto-stick or attatch c4s to movable entities in the first place. People would walk around with the c4 and follow the detective or other innocents and get them all killed. Hence, if you implemented this - even if someone actually made it possible and working (which I doubt) - people can put bodies in places you cannot get to, making the c4s impossible to defuse. This really would cause more bad than good, and I don't think it's at all neccessary.

HEY ! I also like big text! You and I share the same liking!
Post by: Mehis on July 22, 2011, 10:20:29 AM

The C4 has 10 seconds defuse time, you can't really go anywhere with it. Even if the traitor does suicide bomb tactic with it, people can easily see it and run away because the explosion radius is small enough. You can't throw props and even if the body gets somewhere else where you can't reach it, it won't explode without checking it, again enough small explosion radius.
Or just make it like, you can't get away from the defuse menu.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 22, 2011, 10:52:40 AM
@Jman

Exactly what Mehis said, it won't be much of a c4, it'll just be a body bomb.

When you check the body, you can't close it, which means that you can't pick the body up. Even if you could, the blast radius is just as small as the identifiable distance.

If they hid the bodies, the body bomb would be of NO use whatsoever.....they don't explode unless someone checks them ._.
Post by: Sabb on July 22, 2011, 12:24:06 PM
I thought the whole idea of it was that the C4 would explode when someone IDs the body, not with a timer.
Post by: SheepsAholy on July 22, 2011, 12:42:40 PM
Why don't you make it where if you place a c4 on the body it ropes it to the floor or wall, eliminating the ability for it to be unreachable. And also force the player that identifies it into a defuse mode that he cannot cancel or it will explode and has about 2 minutes to defuse. make it have 4 wires to cut so they have a 25% change to get it right and if they mess up hurt them for like 50 damage is all with a little pow noise. If the defuse menu is closed do 70 damage and burn the body.

The body can be a id or un-id body. if they get it correct the defuse menu will disappear and the c4 will just self destruct leaving only the body AND if you are too scared to cut the wire or near death and know someone can come up to check the body they can check it as long as the timer isn't up, a  incorrect wire isn't cut, and the defuse menu is left open. If the incorrect wire is cut however the body will be unable to be id and lit on fire and disappear.

Make it cost 2 credits
The blast radius idea and stuff is good as well as we don't want everyone in entire area to be hit for 50 damage.
Post by: Sabb on July 22, 2011, 12:54:22 PM
My opinion on the whole thing:

If it's to be added, it should have to cost 2 credits, only damage people within ID range of the body, and do 80 damage to the person who is IDing the body, about 20-50 to people around the body if it explodes, and the person IDing should have 5 seconds to cut a wire before it explodes. When someone is trying to defuse the C4, no one else can examine the body. The person defusing the C4 shouldn't be able to exit the defuse menu. The C4 should be the size of a grenade and placed into the pocket in the jacket or in some area that it is visible, but very hard to notice (you wouldn't notice it from a distance). This could even just be a small bump in the jack or something along those lines. The C4 also DOES NOT HAVE A TIMER except when someone examines the body, which gives 5 seconds until the body explodes. To prevent players from picking up the body and moving it from harm's way once the body is being examined, the body should not collide with props or be able to be lifted or moved in any way.

IMO, that's the only way that it will work and be fair. It has a lot of IFs though, because a lot of that would, I imagine, be difficult to code and to have work, and there's a lot of room for error. It is a good idea though, if possible, and would make TTT much more interesting and fun. It would be nice to have some more semi-original concepts to RND TTT as well.
Post by: ursus on July 22, 2011, 01:33:30 PM
Why don't you make it where if you place a c4 on the body it ropes it to the floor or wall, eliminating the ability for it to be unreachable. And also force the player that identifies it into a defuse mode that he cannot cancel or it will explode and has about 2 minutes to defuse. make it have 4 wires to cut so they have a 25% change to get it right and if they mess up hurt them for like 50 damage is all with a little pow noise. If the defuse menu is closed do 70 damage and burn the body.

The body can be a id or un-id body. if they get it correct the defuse menu will disappear and the c4 will just self destruct leaving only the body AND if you are too scared to cut the wire or near death and know someone can come up to check the body they can check it as long as the timer isn't up, a  incorrect wire isn't cut, and the defuse menu is left open. If the incorrect wire is cut however the body will be unable to be id and lit on fire and disappear.

Make it cost 2 credits
The blast radius idea and stuff is good as well as we don't want everyone in entire area to be hit for 50 damage.

Holy shit what, where did you come from?
Post by: Mehis on July 22, 2011, 02:36:13 PM
My opinion on the whole thing:

If it's to be added, it should have to cost 2 credits, only damage people within ID range of the body, and do 80 damage to the person who is IDing the body, about 20-50 to people around the body if it explodes, and the person IDing should have 5 seconds to cut a wire before it explodes. When someone is trying to defuse the C4, no one else can examine the body. The person defusing the C4 shouldn't be able to exit the defuse menu. The C4 should be the size of a grenade and placed into the pocket in the jacket or in some area that it is visible, but very hard to notice (you wouldn't notice it from a distance). This could even just be a small bump in the jack or something along those lines. The C4 also DOES NOT HAVE A TIMER except when someone examines the body, which gives 5 seconds until the body explodes. To prevent players from picking up the body and moving it from harm's way once the body is being examined, the body should not collide with props or be able to be lifted or moved in any way.

IMO, that's the only way that it will work and be fair. It has a lot of IFs though, because a lot of that would, I imagine, be difficult to code and to have work, and there's a lot of room for error. It is a good idea though, if possible, and would make TTT much more interesting and fun. It would be nice to have some more semi-original concepts to RND TTT as well.

If it's to be added, it should have to cost 2 credits, only damage people within ID range of the body, and do 80 damage to the person who is IDing the body, about 20-50 to people around the body if it explodes

Easily UP. I like the idea where you place the C4, which you already have. Like i said before, then it would need to be pretty much seperate weapon. No cost and 5 seconds isn't enough, if you can't leave from defuse menu.
Too small radius! Come on! You can like run away from that and it would cost 2 points? -_-

The C4 should be the size of a grenade and placed into the pocket in the jacket or in some area that it is visible, but very hard to notice (you wouldn't notice it from a distance).
UP, but our 'favorite' idea (pretty much) would be better. Just regular C4.
Post by: Sabb on July 22, 2011, 02:42:05 PM
Easily UP. I like the idea where you place the C4, which you already have. Like i said before, then it would need to be pretty much seperate weapon. No cost and 5 seconds isn't enough, if you can't leave from defuse menu.
Too small radius! Come on! You can like run away from that and it would cost 2 points? -_-

That would ok idea for your idea, but for our 'favorite' (pretty much) would be better.
It would cost 2 points because it's almost a guaranteed kill. I suppose 1 point would be fine too though.
Why would 5 seconds not be enough?
It doesn't take long to cut one wire... no thinking involved.
Post by: Mehis on July 22, 2011, 02:43:18 PM
It would cost 2 points because it's almost a guaranteed kill. I suppose 1 point would be fine too though.
Why would 5 seconds not be enough?
It doesn't take long to cut one wire... no thinking involved.

I edited my post little bit, btw.

You would be able to warn others.
Post by: Sabb on July 22, 2011, 02:52:27 PM
I edited my post little bit, btw.

You would be able to warn others.
Yea, IMO it shouldn't.
Post by: Captain Communism on July 23, 2011, 11:07:39 AM
If it's gonna take trial and error, maybe we should make a test server or something that's pass protected.
Put the pass in the Senior members section possibly.
Post by: Jman on July 23, 2011, 11:57:19 AM
HEY ! I also like big text! You and I share the same liking!

MY TEXT IS BIGGER.
Post by: cogsandspigots on July 23, 2011, 12:04:21 PM
MY TEXT IS BIGGER.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Post by: Sabb on July 23, 2011, 12:12:38 PM
MY TEXT IS THE BIGGE-- oh wat...
Post by: ursus on July 23, 2011, 12:27:16 PM
MY TEXT IS THE BIGGE-- oh wat...

demoted
Post by: Sabb on July 23, 2011, 01:09:01 PM
Jman's a massive fgt.jpg
Post by: Mehis on July 24, 2011, 03:48:57 AM
Before this offtopic gets any bigger... Can we get some kind of acceptation to this idea from coolz?
Post by: blαh2355 on July 25, 2011, 09:42:50 PM
I do have a way to counter a body bomb though. Detective buys binoculars and ID's the body from a safe distance. Will it still blow up?
Post by: Sabb on July 25, 2011, 09:57:36 PM
I do have a way to counter a body bomb though. Detective buys binoculars and ID's the body from a safe distance. Will it still blow up?
If a detective DNA'd using binoculars the C4 would remain.
Post by: ursus on July 25, 2011, 09:59:10 PM
If a detective DNA'd using binoculars the C4 would remain.

Ooooor...

The detective tries to ID the body, and it explodes. Think of it as a flare-gun. A flare-gun that explodes.
Post by: cogsandspigots on July 25, 2011, 10:00:02 PM
Now the question still remains.

Who will be willing to code this?

Not me.
Post by: SheepsAholy on July 27, 2011, 02:19:06 AM
would make the binoculars more valuable ingame. never buy the shits
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on July 27, 2011, 09:10:42 AM
would make the binoculars more valuable ingame. never buy the shits

True.

It could actually encourage players to use it more often -_-