Author Topic: Disable hlss/hldj scripts?  (Read 515 times)

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
Re: Disable hlss/hldj scripts?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 11:13:41 AM »
This.

I don't like muting people because what if they need to say something important?

I go by the principle of "If they mic spam shit music, they probably dont have anything useful to say anyways."

So muting is fine for me  :)

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 11:37:51 AM »
I think we should simply disable HLDJ on TTT. In other gamemodes, voice communication isn't as important.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
  • Respect: +546
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 11:38:25 AM »
I think we should simply disable HLDJ on TTT. In other gamemodes, voice communication isn't as important.

Offline Tomcat

• Your Argument is Inert
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• Wat Do?
  • Respect: +503
    • Tomcat's blog
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 12:33:18 PM »
Either i can make a source mod script or send you the premade one

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
  • Respect: +373
    • The Vault
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 12:39:04 PM »
In other gamemodes, voice communication isn't as important.

false, when i play Zs sometimes i like to run it like a military mission were we end up having little squads of people covering every door and communication is key for us too know where we need to send more man power or when we know someones about to die and have to send someone as backup to cover them to get some health.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 12:52:29 PM »
false, when i play Zs sometimes i like to run it like a military mission were we end up having little squads of people covering every door and communication is key for us too know where we need to send more man power or when we know someones about to die and have to send someone as backup to cover them to get some health.

Wouldn't team chat [txt] be better at doing that without letting everyone on the server know your plans?  {unless there is a teamchat for voice, derp me if that is the case}
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Shawn

View More Badges!

• The Vault
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 01:17:41 PM »
Wouldn't team chat [txt] be better at doing that without letting everyone on the server know your plans?  {unless there is a teamchat for voice, derp me if that is the case}

Nu, i hate typing and so does must people. it's not like the zombies are able to stop us anyways, when you have a team of 12+ people working as a large group against like 3-5 zombies... Zombies never win Lol

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 01:28:14 PM »
Nu, i hate typing and so does must people. it's not like the zombies are able to stop us anyways, when you have a team of 12+ people working as a large group against like 3-5 zombies... Zombies never win Lol

Not to mention how much more powerful humans can be / are - especially at the beginning vs normal zombs and normal headcrab.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 02:02:39 PM »
What if you're typing through teamchat and a zombie comes and kills you while you're typing.
With voice chat you never have to stop attacking.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 04:36:14 AM »
What if you're typing through teamchat and a zombie comes and kills you while you're typing.
With voice chat you never have to stop attacking.

Which is why I feel that team only voicechat should exist, if it doesn't exist already.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:41:32 AM by Travelsonic »

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 04:42:14 PM »

Then should we disable all HLDJ scripts? if you want to listen to music, then people just have to open up youtube while playing.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline Shawn

View More Badges!

• The Vault
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »
Then should we disable all HLDJ scripts? if you want to listen to music, then people just have to open up youtube while playing.

I use WMP since my keyboard has play, skip, stop, pause and all the jazz on it Lol when i'm in game and want to hear music i just press "Play" Lol

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2011, 06:00:06 PM »

Then again some like having a little sound board like thing with random tv/movie/music quotes - though some spam stupid shit, I actually time mine to be both relevant and funny [or try to]*** as do others, and there are many cases where people are not Ok with it - and it halts - and other cases where people are ok with it... I think that choice should be allowed to, on non-TTT server(s), be left up to the players / playing admins, VIPs, etc.

Example:
Somebody makes [via voice] some absurd sounding claim:  RESPONSE:  "I'll believe that when me shit turns purple, and smells like rainbow sherbet!" [Super Troopers]

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2011, 07:05:58 PM »
hmm, could mute in game voice and use teamspeak :o?

better audio quality tooz :O

Maybe I should advertise teamspeak in server chat.
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
  • Respect: +546
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2011, 07:45:36 PM »
hmm, could mute in game voice and use teamspeak :o?

better audio quality tooz :O

Maybe I should advertise teamspeak in server chat.

Problems is, while i'm in teamspeak I can't really listen to the people constantly communicating (which is good) in TTT or so.
I like to listen to them, but I want to listen to the guys in TS too. I don't like having to mute teamspeak while playing TTT, I miss all the action  :idk: