Author Topic: A Thanks to the RND Community  (Read 522 times)

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
  • Respect: +88
Re: A Thanks to the RND Community
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 01:56:48 PM »
we should all play minecraft agen
Allah's Snackbar is best food place.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 03:01:29 PM »
+8
   I don't think that I could count all the sleepless nights I had due to playing with you guys. RND made every weekend just a little bit more special then it already was because I knew that on those days you guys would get on earlier and I could allow myself to stay awake all night. I can still remember the feelings I used to have when after a long day I could just sit down and chill by playing Gmod, L4D2, GTA 4, Minecraft or that omgpop thingy with you guys. As I was listing the games we used to play I realized that wow, we really did a lot of shit online together.
   This other time I decided to look through my old posts and man did it bring a lot of memories especially for someone as emotional as me. On top of all of that, communicating over TS3 and forums gave me an incredible boost to my English language skills and now I can strongly say that I can speak English fluently, sometimes I even think in English instead of Lithuanian in my mind.
   And lastly, it was really nice to see, and to be honest, I wasn't entirely sure if it would even happen, but the fact that we were able to start a L4D2 versus game a couple of days ago really brought me hope that we could start playing together from time to time again. Granted though, it probably won't be as often as it used to be, but considering that most of us just simply don't have that much time anymore, it is still something worth being happy about.
   If only a few other people would come back from inactivity to play with us together again, then it would be as close to the old times as it could possibly get.

And Don, it is damn good to see you passing by the forums and still having that L4D2 spark in you.

Offline ItchyDani3l

• RND Scapegoat
  • Haters: 1672
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 07:53:41 PM »
+1
I feel like writing a similar letter but I don't think I really have time.

I'm kind of similar to tiger guy.

I played on RND alot during high school, and now I'm 21 and working full time and going to school part time, and I've moved on to playing other games with the little of the free time that I have.
I really appreciate that you guys are still around.

Add me on steam if you remember me and you'd like to keep up with me every once in a while.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2016, 01:00:43 AM »
+5
Do any of you guys remember Trinity?

I remember him making fun of me for being a furry and getting really upset about it.

I still can't believe I was into the furry thing.

Also, nostalgia servers soon.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2016, 01:24:08 PM »
+7
Never really thought I'd find myself back here again...Thanks Juan.

It's been said a lot, and I know I'm a bit late to the party...but it seems we all have similar stories. Finding our way here, to this ragtag group of players we learned to call friends.

It's always meant a lot to me, being a part of this community. I had always tried to do my part, give my best support, and in the end that was my downfall. But the wonderful part is the lessons learned in these games with friends stick with me to this day: how to have FUN. To be able to kind of let go of that social anxiety, and as a result, grow as a person. To come online every day, see the people we enjoyed playing with, and not think twice about jumping in and playing for five hours straight.

And thank you, coolz in particular. Many important lessons are learned from authority figures, even if you never considered yourself one. There's something to be said about being a leader, through both the good and the bad.

Just...

Kudos, to all of you. Thanks for all the feesh.

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2016, 02:50:42 PM »
+4
I played TTT a TON during my early highschool years.  I would play it almost every second I could.  After I was supposed to go to sleep, I would read a few chapters in my book and wait until my parents fell asleep.  Then, I had to sneak past their bedroom and walk down the horribly creaky stairs just to get to the computer.  Then I would stay up for HOURS just doing TTT.  Sometimes, one of my parents would catch me.  I would hear them coming down the stairs, so I would have to close out the game, open up Word, and pretend that I had fallen asleep while writing an essay.  It worked the first few times, but not much after that.  Like Prox, I cannot even estimate how many nights I stayed up to play with you guys.  10/10 best time I had here.

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2016, 02:17:48 PM »
+4
Damn this whole thread had me thinking. I was in 7th grade when I started playing Gmod and in 8th grade I got involved with RND. Now here I am in my 2nd year of College. I sucked ass at making friends irl until maybe junior year of HS so I ever really had was online vidya and found myself at home with RND. Wirebuild and ZS (when it worked) was the shit and I can't believe that much time has passed. I've put in almost 2000 hours of my life on Gmod with a good 75% of that being towards RND. Although I wasn't very popular I managed to make some great friends here that I still talk to every once in a while outside of gaming as if we were real life friends. It's almost sad that I can't take pleasure in Gmod anymore or any video game for that matter nowadays (last one I actually enjoyed is FO4). I kinda started getting more socially outgoing in real life, made new friends and established relationships, and got my life somewhat on track so I started having less and less time for video games.

Recapping and getting sentimental isn't exactly my thing but seen our oldest members here post again, I figured I should pay my tribute here too since most of my teenage social life took place here. Good to see the old members posting here and glad to be apart of this place. If I'm not at work/school/out of the house I'd be glad to play a game every now and then with you guys.
:ainsley: :ainsley: :ainsley:

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2016, 01:09:49 PM »
+1
I am honored to have been your village asshole. 10/10 would be bad person again

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2016, 06:35:02 PM »

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

• Windows UserLinux UserCat LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +379
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2016, 07:01:36 PM »
back when funposting shitposting was allowed

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?